Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

go to your emulator's memory viewer. input 02020000 on the space on the upper right corner. Hit go, start a game, and check what the seed is in the upper left hand corner (there are several digits there) you will notice the first column after the ( | ) change to a 4 digit seed(hex)
So it does work.
But still no way of determining the seed without ram watch?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!

So it does work.
This is great work. I think it would be best to discuss all this in a group PM.
I'm not sure I understand the current situation. So the seed for just the TID is determined FrLg style, but SID is normal style? I can look into that.

Yea, the battery refuses to die though haha. I'm currently leaving the DS charging, with the game running for hours, yet it still won't die. My last playthrough on sapphire totalled about 200 hours so I don't think it'll run dry just yet.
I'm pretty sure the clock is powered by the system, not the battery, as long as the system is on. At least, it's that way for Gen 1/2 saves.

thx. do you also happen to know the address of the seed of frlg?
np. it's the same for fr/lg. just remember not to reset your game (i.e. you need to use warp codes for emerald). you can find a guide in youtube as well.

not that i've heard of. I think some have determined their seed without using this on fr/lg. But whenever I use the a seed generated by lua script, i can't find any consistent matches myself.

also iirc, TID is generated the moment you press ok after inputting your name, SID is generated the moment you press A on the dialogue to make your char shrink. I believe it's the same for fr/lg too.

Last edited:
I tried searching around, I just couldn't find the information readily. I'm trying to abuse the PRNG to a get 31/31/31/X/31/31 Crown Entei in Diamond. There's a few things I'm wanting to know.

It's locked shiny, does that mean I need to calculate it any differently? Do I need to know my SID?

Does receiving Entei advance the frames at all? Like say if I want to get it on frame 30, so I advance to it, but then when I go to receive it it turns out it's now on frame 35. I want to avoid situations like that.

How many frames do Wondering NPC's advance?

Is the starting frame 1 or 0?

To clarify Chatot's chatters advances the frame by 1, and jounral flips with caught or defeated Pokémon advance by 2, right?

Not directly related but I would have liked to do this in Soulsilver but for some reason all the event Pokémon the delivery man had in Platinum and Soulsilver disappeared any idea as to how and why?

Is there anything else I should know beforehand? I've caught perfect Pokémon in Platinum and hatched in Soulsilver but have done nothing RNG related in Diamond yet.

Edit: So I tried using Find Seed by Stats to test, but no luck. I guess it doesn't work with wonder card Pokémon...

Edit 2: I decided on an Entei with seed F21602F6 on frame 27, 31/31/31/1/31/31.

I went to seed to time, found it has a delay of 745.

I made 7/25/2013 22:53:14 my target time and used eon timer to try to get it. When the game loaded I flipped to the defeated Pokémon page 13 times as 13*2+1=27. The immediately received the Entei. To no surprise, it wasn't what I wanted. I'm almost certain my delay was off but I don't know by how much. I also don't know how to check it. The Entei I got had IVs of 21/25/31/16/8/23.
So... any help?

This is great work. I think it would be best to discuss all this in a group PM.
I'm not sure I understand the current situation. So the seed for just the TID is determined FrLg style, but SID is normal style? I can look into that.
I didnt do anything to the TID at all. Just loaded 3 frames from the save state at ''see ya in the lab'', and they matched.
This means you can rng sids as long as save states and ram watch are accessible, no AR codes or anything needed.
Im yet to test if the initial seed is kept after the character enters the overworld until the first pokemon is caught. If this is the case, we don't even need ram watch.

Seed isnt reset if you dont reset the game, so yeah.
This essentially means that if the seed is at least as predictable as the ones of frlg, sidrng on retail carts might be possible.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I didnt do anything to the TID at all. Just loaded 3 frames from the save state at ''see ya in the lab'', and they matched.
This means you can rng sids as long as save states and ram watch are accessible, no AR codes or anything needed.
Im yet to test if the initial seed is kept after the character enters the overworld until the first pokemon is caught. If this is the case, we don't even need ram watch.

Seed isnt reset if you dont reset the game, so yeah.
This essentially means that if the seed is at least as predictable as the ones of frlg, sidrng on retail carts might be possible.
I'm still very confused. After a reset, is Emerald seeded like FrLg when starting a new game? Or is it that TID and SID are generated at two different times, so it's hard to get both desired IDs?

I'm still very confused. After a reset, is Emerald seeded like FrLg when starting a new game? Or is it that TID and SID are generated at two different times, so it's hard to get both desired IDs?
nope. Emerald is seeded like frlg the moment you press ok to confirm your name. Once you reset your game you will go back to Seed:0000, and there's no way to retrieve the seed. So this is only plausible if you're going to abuse on an emulator, much like frlg is only on emulator anyway.

Hey, so My Emerald Version has a dead internal battery, and I am trying to RNG for a Impish Registeel with Decent Max IV's. I have tried the normal method, but I belive that the time it takes for the Dead battery message is messing me up, so what do I do? Please help

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
nope. Emerald is seeded like frlg the moment you press ok to confirm your name. Once you reset your game you will go back to Seed:0000, and there's no way to retrieve the seed. So this is only plausible if you're going to abuse on an emulator, much like frlg is only on emulator anyway.
Oh, I think I get it now. Does it seed just before generating the TID or just after? Either way, it'll mess with SID abuse.

Hey, so My Emerald Version has a dead internal battery, and I am trying to RNG for a Impish Registeel with Decent Max IV's. I have tried the normal method, but I belive that the time it takes for the Dead battery message is messing me up, so what do I do? Please help
If I recall correctly, even with a dead battery and Registeel's graphics, you can hit frames starting ~16 seconds in. If you're that early in, the IVs probably suck anyway.
If you're not trying to hit seeds that early, then the Dead Battery message showing has no effect on the RNG.

Can anyone help me and answer a few questions? I'm having trouble RNGing Heatran in Platinum. I found a HP Ice/Modest spread with 31/30 IVs.I'm hitting my seed/delay and verifying via Coin Flip App, but I don't know if my frame advancements are correct. The spread is on frame 85 I advance using 2 Chatot(s), So that would be 84 Chatters right? EDIT: I tried advancing with the Journal with 42 Flips before approaching Heatran and I still get Frame 214.

My results are consistent, but how am I hitting frame 214 after 84 Chatters?
No roamers. Caught Mesprit and didn't activate Cresselia/Birds yet. Unless Birds are already roaming and talking to to Oak just puts their marker on?

Last edited:
Oh, I think I get it now. Does it seed just before generating the TID or just after? Either way, it'll mess with SID abuse.
I'm not sure, i haven't checked the coding if it goes before the TID generation. The seed generated after inputting your name however can be compensated by save/load states, so simply if i don't find my desired spread that I will abuse to be shiny, i just pause, load state, advance a frame, and then press ok again to confirm my name, this time around it would give me a new seed, if i'm not mistaken a new TID to work with also. So I search for a new desired spread using this seed.

The usual route I go by is to make a save state during the TID generation, and the SID generation. The former, allowing you to have your desired spread, the latter making the spread shiny.

What are you trying to capture\hatch?
A shiny Growlithe in Pokemon Black via breeding

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?
My target seed is D0A3ED17F2D5AE5E, my target frame is 54. I am using a non c-gear seed to there is no delay.

How did you verify your seed?
I'm not actually sure how to verify my seed in Black, so I don't know if I'm even hitting it.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

I should mention I have two Timer 0's, C7D and C7C, as far as I know I don't have three but I'm not sure how one would be certain about that. C7C is on the left, C7D is on the right

I keep getting a modest male growlithe with flash fire (ability 1), after one frame advance via custom chatot call + however many frames the NPCs by the daycare advanced (9 I think according to what other Pokemon I've been getting). This doesn't make sense because the only pokemon that fits those specifications is the C7D frame 44 Growlithe, which can't be right because I am advancing the frames.

upload_2014-1-6_17-57-12.png

I also went back and double checked my DS parameters and when I had previously gotten 1 under actual seconds I now got 31 for some inexplicable reason, so I am just totally confused now.

Thanks for any help you can provide! I apologize if I'm being really stupid, I haven't RNGed in almost 2 years so I'm more than a bit rusty.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Does anyone know how long Registeel's Cry animation is in Emerald? Seems kind of hard to find out.
From a quick glance on YouTube, Registeel's delay seems to be about 1.5 seconds. Regirock and Regice seem to be 2.0 seconds each.

If you have a Master Ball or are just good at catching, you can use the nature and IVs you obtained to see how you should adjust your timing.

Hey, if this does not end up working, could one of you pros RNG for a Impish Registeel for me? When bank comes out, I can repay with Shinies and such, and/or any perfect IV bred Pokes. Convo with me if you want to do it/make arrangement. I'll still try on my own, but it seems like I'm getting nowhere.

Alright so, while waiting for my sapphire cartridge to run out of battery, I need help with RNG-ing my TID/SID in platinum. The guide on smogon is brief to the point where I don't even know how I'm supposed to use the EonTimer for Gen 4 games. Do I start the timer and boot the game at the same time? What does the first timer do? What about the second one? And when exactly am I actually supposed to press A in the game when the second timer hits?

Lastly, do I put min max delay as 4800 and 5100 respectively when searching for which seed I actually hit? (What does delay do?)

This is the guide I referred to: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpphgss_rng_part4

Oh, and why do people rng on emulators? Can the rng'ed pokemon then be sent to the DS? If not, what is the point of that?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)