Sun Team

i've been using this team for awhile now so i thought i would get other opinions on it.

Charizard Charizardite y
nature: timid
ability: blaze (drought)
EV spread: 4 HP/252 sp.atk/252 speed
moves: fire blast
solarbeam
roost
dragon pulse

This is my special sweeper and weather introducer. I chose fire blast as main STAB because it has a high base power while in the sun and it can't be taken easily. Solarbeam is for dealing with water and rock types that otherwise wall charizard. Roost is my recovery slot move and lets him last longer in battle. Dragon pulse is for hitting dragon types and is a good coverage move.

Goodra Leftovers
nature: calm
ability: gooey
EV spread: 252 HP/252 sp.def/4 sp.atk
moves: dragon pulse
rest
sleep talk
flamethrower

This is my special defensive wall. I chose dragon pulse as main STAB move and has goo base power. Rest is for shrugging off any status inflicting move that hits Goodra. I chose sleep talk because of it being compatable with rest and lets me attack while sleeping. Flamethrower hits steel and fairies that otherwise wall Goodra.

Forretress Leftovers
nature: bold
ability: sturdy
EV spread: 252 HP/252 def/4 sp.atk
moves: stealth rock
spikes
rapid spin
volt switch

This is my physical wall and hazard entry user. Stealth rock is a necessity when running Forretress and lets him break focus sash users. Spikes is there because i needed a spike user but didn't want to use a different pokemon for just one thing. Rapid spin is there for getting rid of any entry hazards and sets the field clean for me. Volt switch is there because it's a good coverage move to have on Forretress.

Azumarill Choice Band
nature: adamant
ability: huge power
EV spread: 252 hp/252 atk/4 sp.def
moves: aqua jet
play rough
superpower
waterfall

this is my banded user and physical attacker. Aqua jet is a priority STAB move that lets Azumarill hit hard on the first turn. Play rough is also a STAB move and lets Azumarill hit dark and dragon types hard. Superpower is a good coverage move to have on Azumarill. Waterfall fills in the last slot as a secondary STAB move and hits fairies for neutral damage.

Aegislash Lum Berry
ability: stance change
EV spread: 252 hp/252 atk/4 sp.def
moves: iron head
swords dance
shadow sneak
king's shield

this is my physical sweeper and spinblocker. Iron head is a STAB move and also hits fairy types really hard. Swords dance is for boosting attack and lets Aegislash be very deadly after +4. Shadow sneak is a priority STAB and lets him hit first. King's shield lets him protect before a physical attack and lowers opponents attack 2 stages.

Garchomp choice scarf
ability: rough skin
EV spread: 252 atk/252 speed/ 4 def
moves: dragon claw
outrage
stone edge
earthquake

This is my scarf user and revenge killer. Draagon claw is a secondary STAB and hits hard against other dragon types. Outrage is also a STAB move and hits very hard. Stone edge is for hitting fire and flying types. Earthquake is also a STAB move and takes care of any pokemon that is low on health.

That's my team and i hope i get a good rate out of it but any rates are welcomed

This isn't really a Sun Team. A Sun Team is a team that is built around abusing Sun to its advantage, you simply are just summoning it with Char Y and abusing it with Char Y. The rest of your team does not use Sun in any way shape or form. The extent I see of your team using sun beaides Char Y is to boost Goodras flamethrower. In fact, sun hinders your Azumarill, but cutting the power of its Aqua Jets and Waterfalls in half.

Genesect, one the most prominent threats in the metagame, completely eats up your team. You don't have any real switch ins to it, though Goodra may live an Ice Beam with its Special Defenseive bulk, but a U-Turn will slowly wear you down. Thats not to mention Life Orb Greninja, or scarfed Landorus.

Zard X also tears apart your team after just one DD. It pretty much makes Forretress a liability, as it can do nothing to stop Zard X from grabbing a few boosts. To counter this, I would run a Jolly Scarf Chomp, as you will get outsped by any jolly Zard X. At least then you can revenge kill it safely. A full health Zard X can even set up on zard Y, and just avoid Mega-Evolving until the next turn.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Charizard: 124-146 (41.6 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And even if you do catch him when he Mega Evolves

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 248-292 (83.2 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So he basically still lives, gets off a DD, and can proceed to kill you.

The only thing thats nagging me a bit is the fact nothing besides Charizard Y abuses the sun. Just cause a team carries Char Y does not make it a sun team. If you want a sun team, make a team that centers around abusing sun, whether it be Chlorophyll abusers, Solar Power abusers, anything really that can use the sun to its advantage. Your team just kinda lacks that focal point, that central focus, the synergy and cooperation.

Focusing in Sets now.

That Aegislash set is so heavily outdated that almost everyone is prepared for it. Lum Berry is clever, as it negates status, but even thrn its outclassed by Life Orb, Spooky Plate, or Leftovers. I would highly reccomend swapping swords dance for Shadow Ball, and changing the nature as well. Mixed Aegislash is such a monster, and while its very predictable, a shadow Ball coming from an Aegislash is a massive nuke on your sets usual counters, Gliscor and Landorus T.

so i use a sp.attacking aegislash with flash cannon,shadow ball,king's shield,and automize with leftovers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)