Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 34 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do EVs work? i fully super trained my feebas at level 1 now its around level 60 as a militic and i realized i messed up on what i should of super trained. I know i can reset it to 0 and start over but does having a specific stat maxed in super training effect how much that area goes up when you level up? Not sure how well i asked that lol

how do EVs work? i fully super trained my feebas at level 1 now its around level 60 as a militic and i realized i messed up on what i should of super trained. I know i can reset it to 0 and start over but does having a specific stat maxed in super training effect how much that area goes up when you level up? Not sure how well i asked that lol
EV's basically make your pokemon stronger, and yes, maxing out a stat affects how much that area goes up when you level up. For example, a Milotic with a neutral nature can end up with 299 max Special Attack EV's depending on how you EV train it, but a Milotic with a positive Special Attack nature can end up with 328 max Special Attack EV's if 252 EV's are invested in Special Attack. Hope I helped!

Hello all! So, I probably have the same back story as a ton of people here, but I played gens 1-3 and just started playing again with X/Y. I've been trying to get some competitive teams ready but there are so many concepts and such a steep learning curve that have evolved since I stopped. I've been using Smogon a lot and had a friend who's explained a lot to me, so I'm not ignorant (at least, I hope I'm not. The ironic ignorance) but I'm definitely a noob.

Down to business. I've been trying to create a rain team and a sun team. I want to try running a Ludicolo on my rain team, but I don't have the resources or the know to get the move set I want. I would like a Calm, Rain Dish Ludicolo (31/X/31/31/31/31) with Rain Dance, Synthesis, Giga Drain, and Leech Seed. After doing my research, it looks like the only way I'd be able to get that move set is if I make the Ludicolo in gen 4. I have male Lotad with the desired nature, ability, and IV spread, but it looks like it's impossible to get those moves on it.

If anyone has said Ludicolo, or has the resources to make one, I have some 3/4/5/6 IV Pokémon and a noncompetitive shiny Haunter I'd be willing to trade. Thank you!

EV's basically make your pokemon stronger, and yes, maxing out a stat affects how much that area goes up when you level up. For example, a Milotic with a neutral nature can end up with 299 max Special Attack EV's depending on how you EV train it, but a Milotic with a positive Special Attack nature can end up with 328 max Special Attack EV's if 252 EV's are invested in Special Attack. Hope I helped!
yes you did thank you, sadly i had attack maxed not special attack which is what i realized i messed up, sucks prism scales arn't easy to come buy. i already used up both the ones you get in the game and now im kinda disappointed with the second one

yes you did thank you, sadly i had attack maxed not special attack which is what i realized i messed up, sucks prism scales arn't easy to come buy. i already used up both the ones you get in the game and now im kinda disappointed with the second one
There's a one percent chance of getting one with pickup d:

I would like a Calm, Rain Dish Ludicolo (31/X/31/31/31/31) with Rain Dance, Synthesis, Giga Drain, and Leech Seed. After doing my research, it looks like the only way I'd be able to get that move set is if I make the Ludicolo in gen 4. I have male Lotad with the desired nature, ability, and IV spread, but it looks like it's impossible to get those moves on it.
it gets all those moves as eggs moves in gen 6. level up a bulbasaur to get leech seed and synthesis, then level up a paras (of the opposite sex) to get giga drain. then breed to get a male paras or bulbasaur with the 3 moves. breed that male with a female lotad. once you get a female (females now pass down egg moves) lotad you can sub in your 5IV male lotad

i just reset my game so i could get one. i also have a good feebas for trade.

I finally got my hands on a PokeBank legendary (Heatran, but no perfect IVs) and was wondering which legendary would make the most sense to offer for- looking to "chain" for the rest of them. Already have sata for Tornadus as well, but that is it. Thanks!

it gets all those moves as eggs moves in gen 6. level up a bulbasaur to get leech seed and synthesis, then level up a paras (of the opposite sex) to get giga drain. then breed to get a male paras or bulbasaur with the 3 moves. breed that male with a female lotad. once you get a female (females now pass down egg moves) lotad you can sub in your 5IV male lotad
Can I just breed my male 5IV Lotad with a female Bulbasaur/Paras with the 3 moves? Does it have to be a female Lotad? I also already have a 5IV Bulbasaur with Giga Drain. Will that work if I get those moves to a female Bulbasaur and breed with the 5IV Lotad?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking for HA Turwig and female pokés in Dream Balls. PM if you want to arrange a trade for anything I have.

i just reset my game so i could get one. i also have a good feebas for trade.
That would be awsome, is there anything you would want?

I'm getting no business at my trade thread U_U. Anyone need anything custom bred? I have a ton of smeargle.
Ive completed my Kalos Dex, is there anything I could help you with? I would like one of those Meloettas.. I also Have the Gen 1-3 dexs of the national done.. I could probably get you anything you need .

Can I just breed my male 5IV Lotad with a female Bulbasaur/Paras with the 3 moves? Does it have to be a female Lotad? I also already have a 5IV Bulbasaur with Giga Drain. Will that work if I get those moves to a female Bulbasaur and breed with the 5IV Lotad?
Hey, I've got a ton of spitbacks with the egg moves you want, they're timid, so you'd have to breed a new nature onto them, but I can save you a little work. Give me your FC and I'll get one to you.

Why not just reset the EV 's like you said? Or am I missing something?

I'm getting no business at my trade thread U_U. Anyone need anything custom bred? I have a ton of smeargle.
CMT for Naive Melloeta? I have a some Legendaries on my Thread, if that's any motivation.

Last edited:
Prism scales can be obtained through the Attraction in the GL. That's where I got my first one, lol. Never paid any mind to some of the ingame freebies.

Why not just reset the EV 's like you said? Or am I missing something?
because its already at a high level, my sp. attack could be better and my attack stat is high but all my moves are special attacks and its a little late to bring them up that much compared to having it right since level one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)