Wet Walls (Need some advices)

Wet Walls
Hello everybody! Here I come with my first RMT, and, as you may have guessed, it's a Stall Rain Team. Some people say that they are not viable anymore because of the weather nerf, but I do not agree (and I like to play original type of teams...).
I know there are lots of lacks, but of course it is why I post it here!
Enough speech, here it is

In depth :

Politoed @ leftovers #Drizzle
Bold - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

- Perish Song
- Scald
- Toxic
- Blizzard

Here is my lead! So it is the defensive Politoed. Perish Song can be very useful against some annoying opponents, baton pass teams, and in late game, to guarantee the victory when the enemy has only one annoying pokémon left. Scald is here to try to burn enemies on the switch (like ferrothorn, which often switch on Politoed, or others physical sweepers). Blizzard is another powerful moves to attack some fly types that would come at me. Even if I already run toxic on Chansey, it's always useful, since my team is quite based on toxic stalls and he's physically bulkier than Chansey.

Chansey @ eviolite #Natural Cure
Bold - 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

As a stall team, I needed a special wall, a wisher, a heal beller and toxic. Because of rain nerf, I didn't want one that was rain-dependent, and also I didn't want a third grass/electric weakness (in fact I mean I didn't want either Vaporeon or Tentacruel). Chansey was the must, bulkier than Blissey, he fits perfectly that role.
Otherwise, concerning him, I hesitate with Blissey, because of knock out, which forces me to switch when there is a user coming (if there is a pokémon that must NOT lose its item, it's Chansey).

(couldn't find the x/y back sprite =[ )
Gliscor @ toxic orb #Poison Heal
Impish - 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Good combo with Chansey, he's here to set up the rocks in the first place, and annoy the enemi with Knock Off. Protect is here to safely recover some hp when needed (before a switch for example), and to lenghten the fight when the opposant is poisoned. Earthquake is here to guarantee good damage.

Venusaur @ venusaurite #Chlorophyll → Thick Fat

Modest - 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Satk

- Roar
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

A monster. Thanks to his new ability, he has only two weaknesses and stall like a god. Fire even become a resistance under the rain! I use this EV spread to counter Cloyster which annoyed me before : it allows Venusaur to survive from +2 icicle spear with the SR damages, and OHKO Cloyster back with Giga Drain. Leech Seed might seems surprising coupled with Roar, but I can set them on the switch, if there is no entry hazard or the enemy resists them. It depends of the case.
I also thought about Weather Ball on this... Don't know, perhaps ?

Skarmory @ leftovers #Sturdy
Careful - 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SDef

- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Rock Slide

After Manaphy and Tornadus, I finally came out with Skarmory! Indeed, he stalls very well M-Venusaur and can even 2HKO him Brave Bird! Under the rain, he loses his fire weakness, so he can easily deals with Volcarona, Talonflame or Mega-Zard Y (on the switch, because of Drought). Spikes and Whirlwind help me to deals lots of residual damages to the enemy, and coupled with M-Venusaur which has Roar I can switch on if needed, it's devastating for none flying/levitating enemy (supposing stealth rock, at least, and 1 or more layers of spike are in). I still hesitate to change Whirlwind for Roost.

Toxicroak @ choice scarf #Dry Skin
Adamant - 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Sucker Punch
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Even if this a stall team, I needed a pokémon that can get more or less easily rid of some annoying sweepers : here is the revenge killer! Toxicroak is perfectly good at this role. With a very good attack and a decent speed boosted by the scarf, he fits perfectly in a rain team thanks to Dry Skin (even if now the rain is very less present)

I thank all these who will help me!

Ps : I apologize if my english is bad, I'm french ^^

Importable:
Code:
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Knock Off

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Roar
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Rock Slide

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
Your descriptions are really short, you might want to make them a bit longer before some mod locks the thread. Aside from that, it looks like a nice team, and last gen I really loved rain stall, so I'm happy somebody's trying to revive it. On your chansey set, I would suggest choosing either softboiled or wish, not both. If you decide to go with softboiled, you can add seismic toss or stealth rock just because it's the most important move ever, and if you decide to go with wish, I'd suggest adding protect to toxic stall. However, it seems like overkill to have both.

Thanks for your comment. :)

I replaced soft boiled with protect as you said.
Also, I'm trying tail glower manaphy (over tornadus) to get rid of M-Venusaur with psychic, since he's faster and bulky enough to resist one Giga Drain. I think it can really suprise the opponent (supposing that he'll switch on Venusaur). The only problem is that I don't really know what to put as item and for the EV spread. Maybe Life Orb ? But I won't survive if I take rocks damage and a giga drain. :/ Maybe expert belt so, but is it worth with only two attacking moves ? And, about the EV spread... Bulky ? Speedy ? :/

I will lenghten the description asap. ^^

Last edited:
Changed Tornadus for Skarmory, which is really more efficient, and change Hydropump for Toxic on Politoed.

Ps : the importable is not updated, I'll do it asap.

Edit : updated importable (even if I think nobody is going to use it xd )

Last edited:
Because the rain isn't that present, I'm trying out scarfer Latios over Toxicroak, which is faster, bulkier and more powerful (HP Fire/Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Psyshock)

Need some advices, please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)