Apprentice Program: Round Eighty One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 81 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure, but I suck at tournaments =(
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

Two more things: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Tutee tournaments will happen after every round, it is strictly XY OU. If you are interested in playing for this tournament then we will send you a reminder PM once the signup thread opens.

Username: AwsomeBiz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CycloTJ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: Weekdays: 3pm-12am Weekends 3pm - 1am
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi again, I'm just a 18 year old guy that just finished his finals in high school and ready to keep learning all day! Back then I used to watched a lot of random youtubers but slowly kept watching a cool wifi battler known as Xenon3120. Nowadays I watch wifi battles from all poketubers such as shofu and Pokeaim. Pretty much what got me into competitive pokemon is solely from youtube wifi battlers. I have been tutored before (by the awsome tutor known as Plus), just wanted to see if I can learn even more and practice for the tutee tourny im participating in.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Why I have fewer than 25 posts still is the pressure of finals, which is over, so I should be able to be involved a bit more with Smogon and hopefully leave a mark.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Sure thing, anything to get me improved with competitive battling and more involved with Smogon.

Dragonuser has agreed to tutor me

Last edited:
Username: -Spectra-

Pokemon Online Username: -Spectra-

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, usually all day now that I'm on vacation.

What tier do you want to learn? : XY OU

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore studying Computer Science. I used to play on PO back in the BW days where, while I understood what I was doing and how competitive works basically, you could say I had trouble fully grasping the whole scope of competitive Pokémon and so I thought why not just start this gen with smogon.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course

Why I should be tutored with under 25 posts: I already have competitive Pokémon experience from last gen so it'll basically be bringing me up to speed, though I never really broke free from my limitations so you'll have some work to do Lol. Also, I'm a fast learner, very determined once I get going, don't like settling for less when there's more to be achieved and tend to understand new lessons real fast :)

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: If I have stable access to showdown by the time it rolls around, then yes.

Last edited:
Username:SickSevenOne

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: SickSevenOne

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10/Available Anytime (I'm on military paid leave so...=])

What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (6th Gen Standrd), Team building, and Overall improvement in my battling.

Tell us a little about yourself: 23 years old, just got back from a 9 month deployment to Afghanistan, I've been out of the competitive scene for about 2 years now. I have a lot of free time because I'm on leave and I figured "why don't I apply for this Battling 101 thing?" Like I said before I was in the competitive scene in 5th Gen, and quit in the beginning of BW2, due to the fact of me leaving to that big sandbox in the Middle East. I have good work ethic and make it an effort to make who I'm learning from worthwhile. I'm easy to teach and will learn with an open mind, plus I'm cool to chill with =]. On a more serious note, I want to learn the current standard metagame, team building, and analysis so I can further myself in the community in the future with the knowledge that I'll obtain from my tutor.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course if it benefits the program and its tutors!

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes of course, to showcase my improvement and how effective my tutor was in teaching me.

Last edited:
Username: ArcanineDog
Pokémon Showdown Username: Arcanii
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 2PM - 9PM GMT -6 (Central Standard Time)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been involved with Pokémon since I was a kid. Around 8th grade I joined an official Pokémon league with a focus on the TCG in which I played competitively until a year or two ago. Outside Pokémon, I like Japanese culture and spicy food. I am currently going to school for IT Support.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, I will most certainly do tutee talk threads.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: I have every interest in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament.

I applied for round 80 of the Apprentice Program but did not get assigned a tutor that round.

Last edited:
Username: mdust
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: mdust
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST/GMT -8; evenings and nights weekdays, varying times during weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been playing competitively for about a year now, and have lurked on smogon since then. I played sparingly for the first few months, using only rmts, before playing more often and making my own teams through the past few months, to only limited success.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes.

I have less than 25 posts, but that is because I feel I do not have enough experience on the competitive pokemon scene, and would like to have more experience to back up my posts on the forum. I would be more likely to contribute to the forums once I felt I know enough to be a positive influence on the community.

Last edited:
Username: formiga
Pokemon Showdown: formiga
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 03:00; available at evenings (20:00 - 24:00)
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, my name is Leandro. I'm a technician at a System TV Company, and I study Computer Systems at the college. Have been playing pokemon since the RBY games, though I didn't play the BW/B2W2 so much.
I have been playing Pokemon non-competitive all this years, in XY I decided I want to become better at battling to battle in some tournaments.
I have already tried in Battle Spot, but when its about Rating Battle I fail considerably. :( I know the basics, like breeding, EV training, resistances and weakness, but I don't think its enough to be an expert player, right?
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, for sure.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely Yes.
Why should I be tutored? (-25 posts):Since DPP I visited Smogon for knowledge, builds, etc. Always saw expert players battling, and just that, couldn't be one of them, or didn't want, actually.
I was always watching, also a lot of people, I think you hear it frequently.
So, I've never signed up in smogon because I didn't have the necessary knowledge/resource to share with you. I think I've improved since that time, and now I have things to share, despite almost of them are doubts LOL, and I want to learn more so I can contribute better in this community, and I think I'll learn a lot of other things as well.
So, I signed up recently, with the XY coming, and because of this I dont have the necessary posts you ask. But I guarantee that I gonna be active in smogon, already is, I access it almost everyday, despite not being a so frequently posting user. But I think my access will grow in the time being, knowing the users, doing friendship around the forum. :)

Last edited:
Username: AuraRayquaza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AuraRayquaza
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: most days from 6-8pm (GMT+0)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing competitive Pokemon (VGC) since the release of Black and White and have been playing doubles since the start of the bw metagame when it was still an OM, im pretty good at it. I have always wanted to play the earlier metas but have never known where to start so i want to learn.
Tutee talk: yes
Tutee tournament: yes
Danilo agreed to tutor me

Last edited:
Username: ARabidzombiE
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ARabidzombiE
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC-6 (Central U.S.) I'm usually available after 3:30-4ish P.M. until 11 or so on weekdays, and starting about 1 P.M. on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU, LC, Doubles, or RU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm ARabidzombiE, I'm pretty new to smogon, at least making an account, I've been lurking for a while, but I still need a lot of work and help. I understand the basics, but my team creation skills are shaky, and that's the main thing I need help with, but I would love help otherwise as well. I've been playing Pokemon since FR/LG but only learning about competitive battling since BW.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Well, I may not have much to show for it, but I have been around for a bit, and have been interested in competitive battling for a year or two, after I learned about smogon I started trying creating teams, but they still need work.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Username: Pwnemon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pwnemon (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, available from ~7PM EST to ~10PM EST almost always on weekdays, basically all day weekends, some other random times too
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi I'm Pwnemon, i have three badges which means i'm an obviously good user who deserves lots of tutoring n__n. I've played OU since 2009 but I have never actually understood it at all, and with showdown it's harder than ever to learn by laddering because facing good people where you can learn from your losses is so rare. I'm sick of being mediocre-bad at ou so I'm signing up for tutoring so I can hopefully play on a competitive level something other than Doubles.
Round 81 Tutee Tournament? Damn straight

I signed up for round 80 but was passed over

Last edited:
Username: Rexsaurus
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rexsaurus
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (UTC+11) Eastern Standard Time Noon-Midnight.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU/XY Doubles/VGC in that order.
Tell us a little about yourself: I played the first three gens of Pokemon and stopped at Emerald. Since getting back into Pokemon in 6th Gen i've been fascinated by competitive battling, so I hope you guys can help me get better!
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Definitely!

I have fewer than 25 posts, but I spend a lot of time lurking here and reading about each of the metagames. I have a perfect understanding of IVs, EVs and Natures as well as how to do battle. However, i'm probably really bad at battling, and so i'm here to improve!

Username:Lost Soul
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Lost Soul22
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:12 Pm-2Am GMT-8(PST)
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: You may notice that my account was made all the way back in 2009 yet i have so few posts, I use competitive battle pretty extensively during the D/P OU days and the DPP OU days, I had a lot of fun doing it and made a lot of friends, I use to only come to Smogon forums to look at threads and find out information and shortly after i joined, before B/W came out i became really busy with College, but now that College is out of the way i would very much like to get back into the swing of things, I'm fairly active and get on at least once a day, I'm pretty easy going and i do enjoy a good conversation and i have a very flexible schedule, I use to be fairly successful way back in DPP but now that we have hit XY i have struggled to maintain that consistency that i once had which is why i am here. I'm a fairly friendly person and enjoy making new friends and i try to help out people when and where i can and eventually i hope to be able to contribute back, if anyone has anymore questions for me please don't be afraid to hit me up as i do not bite=p
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes most definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:I'm up for it.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I believe that i should be selected to be tutored because I'm very willing to learn and i know that i will be active for quite some time(although I'm almost to 25 XD), I'm determined to improve and i accept criticism and critiques very well and I'm very respectful even if there is something i disagree with i always approach it with a open mind and willing to adapt and change when necessary. I hope you give me a shot to be involved in this program and if you do give me the chance i will give it my all to make it worth your time, Thank you very much for your time and i hope to interact with this program in the future.

Username: LivingRhino
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: LivingRhino / Hippopotamus / Elephantos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, I will be available 6 hours a day mostly, between 4pm and 12pm
Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm an ex-BW NU player, that played last year and goes by the mIRC-name of Rhino. I have taken a break because my school results weren't the best, but now I'm back once again. I have lots to learn still, but I think I have some potential to become a pretty decent or even good player. I play guitar, but study Game Developement 2 hours away from my hometown, so that's why I have lots of free time. I rather enjoy talking on mIRC with my friends, and I have played 4 other games competitively before coming on Smogon last year. There's not much to me really, but hey, if there's anything you would like to know, you can hit me up to ask me some questions.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Ofcourse, because it helps the programme.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Absolutely.

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Username: TPO3
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TPO3
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (central), 7 pm and later on weekdays, any time on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Been battling competitively since DPP, but have always been mediocre at best. I get the really basic stuff, but I've not been able to improve past this on my own, and I think having a tutor would help that! For IRL stuff, I'm a Sophomore in college studying Music Ed, Sports are cool, and I love doing anything outside whenever we don't have to put up with windchills of -40 (fuck Wisconsin).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Skipped Round 80

* I was skipped in round 80 *
Username: uʍopǝpısdn

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Undefinedmaster

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Generally 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. EST on weekdays, on weekends it's variable but possibly 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Tell us a little about yourself: A year or two ago, I left the pokemon scene, but now I'm back, and I want to learn more about competitive battling

Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes

Also, I do have less than 25 posts, but this is kinda the thing I signed up for, so I have just been waiting for this.

Last edited:
Username: swhannell
Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown/Shoddy Username: swhannell
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 6pm -12am (though I'm quite flexible with times as I am a student).
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles, VGC
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently studying at University and am in my final year. Pokémon Blue was the very first video game I played and I have been hooked ever since to the world that is Pokémon, buying every generation up to now. I have decided after a couple of years of wanting to get more involved as a 'Pokémon trainer'. Recently I have been researching more and more about Pokémon and can now iv breed and EV train effectively, visiting many many sites and forums to learn more about Pokémon. My goal is to enter the VGC this year and hopefully do at least half well. I want to above all else, grow more into the Pokémon community as I feel I could one day help someone out as others have helped me.At the moment what I am struggling most with is building an effective team that suits my play style.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: I'm not very good at tournaments but I can give it a shot.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I tend to only post when I absolutely must, rather than post just to get my numbers up. I feel once I get into the swing of things I will post more and more.
I was skipped last round. Fingers crossed for this time round.

Username: B3N
Pokemon Showdown: B3njamin119
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US East Coast, 3-8 but about 1 hour in there I'll usually be unavailable. but pretty much all day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1 on my GameBoy Color and Loved it ever since even though I was really young at the time. I've never done much wifi trading or competitive battling but with the inception of the 3DS and how easy it is I've really gotten into it. I signed up for the last one but was skipped over
Why should I be picked?: Because I love the game and would not require lots of help beyond team building as that's where I really struggle, and since I enjoy playing I would be able to put forth the work required to do well and hopefully win round 81 of this tournament.

Last edited:
Username: D4RR3N
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: D4RR3N
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, my times are pretty flexible as of now.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for a few years, done decently in the previous gen but have always experienced a problem in teambuilding. I'm hoping I can take my teambuilding to another level.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: If I'm free, sure

Dice agreed to tutor me so requesting him if possible.
<D4RR3N> hi, you'd still be up for tutoring me in xy in the upcoming round?
<DICE> ok
Was also skipped last round

Last edited:
Username:jedc22 ( i dont know if it would be a problem but i dont have a laptopso i play online at the library since i cant download the client)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: jedc22 (i ave an account but i have to remake a team every time because i cant download the client)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, Eastern USA. i usually am on on tuesdays and thursdays sometime between 5:45-7:30, and i usually walk to the library a day or two as well.
What tier do you want to learn?: i like OU, but my favorite pokemon (arcanine) is UU so i guess those two. i dont know about ubers or anything like that, i get beat about the ribs enough on OU as it is, lol.
Tell us a little about yourself: I havn't played the games since silver and gold because i lost interest after beating them as NPCs were just about switching for type advantage, there was no strategy beyond that. I love the strategy in games, its the same reason why i got curious about yugioh again after they added in xyz and that other expansion there are so many new strategies you could have giant monsters out your first turn. (im a MTG guy at heart though, havnt played yugioh since i was a kid, and MTG has gotten too expensive) so naturally i lost interest, but then i found smogon and read about the certain move sets and checks and counters and everything else and it was like opening up a whole new side to the game, thats when i decided i wanted to try to get into competitive battles. i know abot EV's and things like that, but i have trouble with synergy and knowing what pokemon are counters and stuff, mostly because i dont know whos good in this gen and who is popular. i tend to use pokemon i like instead since i dont know the meta.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:i dont know what that is, but sure i guess.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?:i dont think i would be able to get on during the required times, and if its on the 3ds, i dont own one. YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I have been reading around for the last few weeks, and playing showdown online, but i only just registered on the site to be able to post on here. Like i mentioned above im really looking to get into the competitive scene, and this seems like a good place to start. the team i usually use is: Charizard X (used to use Y, drought and single turn solar beam were pretty alluring, but then i started using X and Dragon Dance+Dragon Claw= so much destruction lol) Ferrathorn, Sap-Sipper Azumarill, Para-Flinch Togekiss, Protean Greninja, though i cant remember the last one now.

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Passion
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Passion/Lexie/Not Even Perfect [I have a lot of alts]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 Sunday-Thursday: 3:00pm-11:30ish Friday-Saturday: 3:00pm-whenever I want to sleep [unless if I am busy/do not feel like getting on x)]
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU / XY LC / XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Passion better known as Lexie and/or Goddess Lexie I have been playing pokemon since pokemon yellow but have only started playing around BW. I actually stopped playing for awhile and stated playing again around like a month ago and feel absolutely clueless about the meta, teambuilding, etc. Currently I am taking a gap year because I have no idea what I am doing with life n_n. I am pretty nice, easy to get along with, and I have an interesting sense of humor and that is really it idk what else I should say but ya. :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: of fucking course x)
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: sounds fun

Username: Gannondorf116
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Gannondorf116 (Pokemon Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: U.S. Central (usually sometime between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Tuesday's and Thursday's. All day Saturday and 1-4 p.m. on sunday)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (I think but some of my favorite guys are in UU and RU so I'd be open to switching)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since Platninum. I've played Platnium, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, and now X all the way through (some multiple times). I'm currently playing through Soul Silver for the second time as well as Sapphire for the first time. I plan on getting all 754 pokemon on my copy of X as soon as Pokemon bank comes out. (Not all of them completely legitimately of course.)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Not sure exactly how it works but I'm sure I could figure it out. Why not?
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Heck yes! That is if my schedule allows it but it sounds like a blast!
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BREIF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Because I'm beautiful and I can make you beautiful too. Actually what I really need help with is teambuilding. I understand all the basics of a team and how simple stuff like EV's and IV's work but I can't seem to find the right team. I've tried competitive battling on showdown and gotten my butt kicked multiple times so I really need some help. I've used you guyses sight multiple times and I really love it. And I'm just an overall big fan of Pokemon. Anyway, hope I get chosen!

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Username:ChrisTehAwesome
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:ChrisTehAwesome/TheCounter!
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST (GMT -5 i think?) I'm usually available nights and weekends every day except wednesday and friday, but I have to fit in homework somewhere.
What tier do you want to learn?:XY OU, XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been playing pokemon competitively for some time now, but I wouldn't call myself skilled. I have a decent knowledge of the meta and semi-decent in game play, but my teambuilding skills always let me down. I've stumbled on a successful team or two (maybe) but I've never been able to identify what makes it good. I've been entering tourneys recently and I haven't found any success there either. Other than pokemon, I'm in second year chem eng, living in Toronto. It's a great time and I love the community there. I also play trombone and write from time to time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Sure why not.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: If I can not suck by then.

Name: Ultimathunder
PS/PO name: Ultimathunder
Timezone and availibility: PST (-8 GMT) in the late afternoons.
Tiers I want to learn: XY Ubers, XY LC, DPP OU
A bit about myself: Im a neurology major in college. I have a wide variety of hobbies including learning world languages and playing tennis. I play a lot of Smogon Doubles (best tier) and use IRC a lot, and want to get better at some other tiers. :)
Willing to do tutee talks and tutee tourneys !

Last edited:
Username: julz29
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: megajulz29
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian Western Standard Time. Available Sat-Tues, Wednesday mornings until 12:30pm, Thursday afternoons and Friday evenings/night-time. For Americans, you're a day behind me and my morning is your night time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Before I didn't have the heart for competitive battle in previous Pokémon games, but with the incredible upgrades to the system in Pokémon X/Y, I have since become interested in X/Y competitive battle.
Why I should be considered for tutee training (under 25 posts): I have constantly EV trained and IV trained Pokémon to the best of my ability and followed guides, but no matter what I do, I have ended up on the losing side and I am so sick of it. I want to find a win/lose balance. I'm much better learning hands-on than I am reading and researching all the time and learn far quicker on a practical/hands-on level as well (which is also true IRL experience). And once I do wisen up, I will certainly contribute more to this forum and help others as well, both in advice and in teaming up.
Tiers I'm Interested In: Eventually I'd like to know all X/Y tiers, but at the moment X/Y OU and whatever tier Mega Houndoom is in (Houndoom's my favourite Pokémon so).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes. I would value the experience.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Username: 725roy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: 725roy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I’m CST so GMT -6 right now. Usually any time between 3-9:30ish p.m. on weekdays and weekends are flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: X/Y OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I’m a high school sophomore, and ever since I finished my game and finals are over, I need something to do. I kind of know the XY metagame, but I’d like to receive formal training, as I want to become a better battler more than anything.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Naturally.
Are you interested in playing for the Round 81 Tutee Tournament?: Yes. Of course.

I was skipped a while back, and the two times I was chosen, neither of my tutors made an effort to work with me, despite me trying to contact them as much as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)