Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
not going to lie, air balloon rotom-w would fuck over excadrill hard

too bad excadrill is only on 18% of all teams
No, no, better yet: Rotom-Fan with Air Balloon. Truly, the best way to fly.
Anyway, I once faced a team with random levels for some odd reason. It had such move sets as Dragon Rage Gyrados and Metal Claw Lucario. Good grief.

When I started laddering on some alt, there was a guy using Mincinno... yeah. Not even Cincinno, but the pre-evo. If you're going to be a dumbass who uses LC stuff in OU, then at least pick something that isn't totally random...
Using LCs in OU/Ubers can be really good if used correctly. Mincinno can hax you to death with tail slap + Kings rock

Using LCs in OU/Ubers can be really dumb. Mincinno can hax you to death with tail slap + Kings rock, but will probably die first.
Fixed.
Why not just use something like jirachi if you're going for that (not that hoping to hax a poke to death is a good strategy.)

Somebody used a Drain Punch Blissey. Drain Punch.
How is Blissey supposed to recover? Using Rest? Does this look like Gen 3?
Fixed.
Why not just use something like jirachi if you're going for that (not that hoping to hax a poke to death is a good strategy.)
It's actually pretty annoying to fight this thing. Each attack gives it a 41% chance to flinch you. And, of course, every time they use this I get flinched 4 times in a row.

It was so weird, but

Furfrou Leftovers
Probably Impish with 252HP, 252DEF
-Rock Smash
-Cotton Guard
-Toxic
-?????

It was so weird, but it walled basically all my physical sweepers until I ended the curse with my Substitute Gyarados. It took him like 4 Rock smash to break my Sub, so I safely got to +6 on my Gyarados, but it still did only around 20% to his +6 Furfrou. I finally broke the curse when I landed a crit, but if that guy carried Return, or I didn't carry leftovers on my Gyarados, I definitely could have been in trouble. I really have to give him credit for the creativity, but it's still really stupid and uneffective.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I was facing a contrary shuckle who was shell smashing himself to immortality this morning. Luckily my slowbro still had a scarf to trick onto the bastard.
Not to offend or anything, but is this even legit? What relevant thing does it even outspeed with a scarf?

Hmm, I saw a Non-Skill Link Shell Smash Cloyster, Sucker Punch Rotom-W, and Special Machamp. That's it lately.

Last edited:
I think my weren't that crazy:
- Calm Mind Terrakion
- Payback Gengar
- Serperiour (or however that grass starter is spelled) with Cut+3 Grass Moves (guess he likes his ingame team)
- Bidoof

Posting this again: Special Zekrom w/Hidden Power. Not sure what it was, my Togekiss took it neutrally. Also, I saw someone run Talonflame WITHOUT Gale Wings and a Greninja without Protean.

I mean, c'mon. Really. Even if you're new you should see what's the better option. Maybe not, but still.

Not to offend or anything, but is this even legit? What relevant thing does it even outspeed with a scarf?
Usually when you give something that slow a scarf, it's to trick it onto something that may try to set up on you, or otherwise use a move that doesn't do anything. It cripples most walls, mostly because they have to switch if they want to heal or do anything.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Usually when you give something that slow a scarf, it's to trick it onto something that may try to set up on you, or otherwise use a move that doesn't do anything. It cripples most walls, mostly because they have to switch if they want to heal or do anything.
Slowbro only reaches 261 (by calculations) with full Speed investment and a boosting nature. Revenge killing is a huge NO, which leaves us to stopping set-ups. The surprise factor is the only thing this has, but when you're giving base 30s a Scarf something feels wrong (for me, anyway).

(They can easily know you're scarf when it outspeeds something it shouldn't)
Scenario 1: They switch in not horrbily set-up mon. You're choice-locked.
Scenario 2: You switch in on set-up mon to in an attempt to stop them from setting up. They're already set-up in the switch turn.
Scenario 3: (In the case of a double switch with set-up mon and Slowbro): You outspeed, Trick, they set up, OR they set up, you Trick, they're faster and stronger (unless it's something like rocks). Most of the offensive set-ups have higher speed than this
Not included the choice of the enemy attacking, which means another free attack. The only thing I see relevant is you outspeed Chansey, but if you really want to stop set-up/cripple walls, just use Knock Off, reasonably faster Tricks, Taunt, or things similar. Outside of the surprise factor it just looks "funny."

Slowbro only reaches 261 (by calculations) with full Speed investment and a boosting nature. Revenge killing is a huge NO, which leaves us to stopping set-ups. The surprise factor is the only thing this has, but when you're giving base 30s a Scarf something feels wrong (for me, anyway).

(They can easily know you're scarf when it outspeeds something it shouldn't)
Scenario 1: They switch in not horrbily set-up mon. You're choice-locked.
Scenario 2: You switch in on set-up mon to in an attempt to stop them from setting up. They're already set-up in the switch turn.
Scenario 3: (In the case of a double switch with set-up mon and Slowbro): You outspeed, Trick, they set up, OR they set up, you Trick, they're faster and stronger (unless it's something like rocks). Most of the offensive set-ups have higher speed than this
Not included the choice of the enemy attacking, which means another free attack. The only thing I see relevant is you outspeed Chansey, but if you really want to stop set-up/cripple walls, just use Knock Off, reasonably faster Tricks, Taunt, or things similar. Outside of the surprise factor it just looks "funny."
All true points. It's kind of gimmicky, and typically works better on faster 'mons. I'm just telling you the typical strategy with it.

In this case, it worked well because it was a huge, very slow wall, which was all that mattered.

Old things I've seen so this isn't completely off-topic:
I keep seeing UU mons on people's teams. The best part is they win whenever I see it, because the other person tries to spore their sub...

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
All true points. It's kind of gimmicky, and typically works better on faster 'mons. I'm just telling you the typical strategy with it.
In this case, it worked well because it was a huge, very slow wall, which was all that mattered.
Point taken :D

On topic though, I've also seen an Iron Head Ferrothorn, and a Thunder Wave + Gyro Ball Ferrothorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)