Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Does anyone know why I'm suddenly not able to hatch a shiny in Platinum? The thing is I successfully hatched shinies with desired IVs several times already prior to this. I'm hitting my Shiny Seed and doing the Coin Flips + any additional, also Happiness Taps, but when I hatch it, it's a non-shiny. They also come out inconsistent (Natures, IVs, Ability, and Gender.) each time. I'm confused...

EDIT: Wait...does have a Flame Body Pokemon in front of your party matter?
The Flame Body Pokemon shouldn't affect anything. Do you mean you've hit the shiny seed and verified it using coin flips but that the egg you are getting isn't the one you're looking for after your advancements? Have you tried generating your shiny seed in the main window of RNG Reporter (using Breeding Dppt) and trying to match the Nature/Ability/Gender of the Pokemon you did end up hatching on that seed to the frame you might have landed on each time? Also, inconsistent IVs aren't going to matter for this first step unless you mean you've also taken the egg in the exact same way each time (before any NPCs have moved) too.

I haven't RNG'd in a while but here is my conundrum. I figured I'd use Kyrum in White for practice and got a pretty decent seed of 6IVs. My frame is 38 so I assume that 38-1(Starting Frame)-1(its a stationary pokemon)+1=37 frames to be moved. Since this wasn't too high of a frame, I saved in Kyrum's cave and decided to walk. 37x128=4736/4(number of pokemon in party)=1184 steps to be walked. I used 5 super repels=1000 steps,1 repel=100 and then used another repel and counted 84 steps. I did not get the spread (clicked a second before my target time). I was wondering does turning affect the frame movement? Or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I haven't RNG'd in a while but here is my conundrum. I figured I'd use Kyrum in White for practice and got a pretty decent seed of 6IVs. My frame is 38 so I assume that 38-1(Starting Frame)-1(its a stationary pokemon)+1=37 frames to be moved. Since this wasn't too high of a frame, I saved in Kyrum's cave and decided to walk. 37x128=4736/4(number of pokemon in party)=1184 steps to be walked. I used 5 super repels=1000 steps,1 repel=100 and then used another repel and counted 84 steps. I did not get the spread (clicked a second before my target time). I was wondering does turning affect the frame movement? Or is there something else I'm doing wrong?
You mentioned two different things so I'll just clarify both for you just in case you're mixing them up - in terms of not getting your spread, being a second early with your target time means you didn't hit the right seed, so you certainly would not be getting the right spread for the seed you want even after your advancements. When you do in fact hit the right seed, you can then match your IVs to the IV frame you did get by generating your seed in the main window of RNG Reporter and adjust accordingly if you made an advancement error.

As for your second concern, turning should only affect the PIDRNG frames in Gen 5 if you're trying to go for a shiny, so it shouldn't affect your IV RNG. It's recommended that you use chatots to advance the PIDRNG anyway.

I think you also might be better off posting questions about Gen 5 in the 5th Generation Help thread (For BW+) instead of here for future reference :> Best of luck~

You mentioned two different things so I'll just clarify both for you just in case you're mixing them up - in terms of not getting your spread, being a second early with your target time means you didn't hit the right seed, so you certainly would not be getting the right spread for the seed you want even after your advancements. When you do in fact hit the right seed, you can then match your IVs to the IV frame you did get by generating your seed in the main window of RNG Reporter and adjust accordingly if you made an advancement error.

As for your second concern, turning should only affect the PIDRNG frames in Gen 5 if you're trying to go for a shiny, so it shouldn't affect your IV RNG. It's recommended that you use chatots to advance the PIDRNG anyway.

I think you also might be better off posting questions about Gen 5 in the 5th Generation Help thread (For BW+) instead of here for future reference :> Best of luck~
Thank you, I think my ds clock may be a tiny bit faster than the clock I calibrated it with so I will try the exact time on my calibrator clock instead of 1 second before.

How come breeding RNG abuse isn't available in Black 2/White 2?
Unlike BW1 which uses the main RNG sequences (MT/IV and BWLC/PID) normally to generate eggs like regular wild pokemon, BW2 employs a separate RNG sequence whose seed is derived from 2 calls of the MT (s[0] = (t[n]<<32) + t[n+1]). It determines the egg's IV, ability and nature when the egg is found by the daycare.
This RNG does not advance with anything other than producing eggs, ie not by WNPCs or walking.

When the parents are put into the daycare for the first time, this RNG sequence always generates the seed from the one particular MT when the game started for the first time; However, this seed will be used for the 1st egg only. When this 1st egg is taken, the RNG will then reseed normally from the current MT, ready to produce the next egg.

youl need to save the game when the daycare is holding this egg, reset and hit the target MT (which will, in turn, seed the egg rng sequence), and then take/skip the held egg. The RNG will be reseeded at this moment. After thiss been done, as said above, this RNG will not advance any more and you can walk around freely until the next egg is produced.

The PID(shininess/gender) is not determined in this process when the egg is found by the daycare; instead it employs standard gift pokemon pidrng when you receive the egg from the old man.

citing http://blog.livedoor.jp/x_x_saki_x_x/archives/54021240.html

1.Pause and save state at the last line 'see you at the lab'.
--this point your TID is already generated, but not SID.

2. check the current frame with the ram viewer. This will be used as the seed for your SID.
idk which version ur using.

3.RNGReporter-Research-LCRNG-16bithigh/1 (accually just 16bithigh itself, but the program requires you to put in sth there lol)
Put in the seed you got in the step above, set number of results to at least 65535.
--this generates a full list of all SIDs produced by that seed.

4.Resume the game into the overworld and check your TID.

5.Search by TID and PID in the 5th gen pandoras box. Look for any of these SIDs in the list generated in (3) and note its frame.
--In gen3 the 2 ids are generated separately, which means any combo can appear. Among all functions integrated in rngreporter this is best approximated in gen5.
derp Idk where to find a simple id calculator lol

6.Reload the save state when the game is paused.
Unpause and set a timer as normal to hit the target frame.
Kadabrium, Wednesday at 9:23 AM
Sorry, where I can watch the RAM on VBA? I use a VBA link and pkmn emerald (J), for mew xD
And, a legal Deoxys on 3rd gen is available only on FRLG? I have the english version, is legal?

i can't found the "RAM viewer" option, where is? Here is a screenshot

Last edited:
Unlike BW1 which uses the main RNG sequences (MT/IV and BWLC/PID) normally to generate eggs like regular wild pokemon, BW2 employs a separate RNG sequence whose seed is derived from 2 calls of the MT (s[0] = (t[n]<<32) + t[n+1]). It determines the egg's IV, ability and nature when the egg is found by the daycare.
This RNG does not advance with anything other than producing eggs, ie not by WNPCs or walking.

When the parents are put into the daycare for the first time, this RNG sequence always generates the seed from the one particular MT when the game started for the first time; However, this seed will be used for the 1st egg only. When this 1st egg is taken, the RNG will then reseed normally from the current MT, ready to produce the next egg.

youl need to save the game when the daycare is holding this egg, reset and hit the target MT (which will, in turn, seed the egg rng sequence), and then take/skip the held egg. The RNG will be reseeded at this moment. After thiss been done, as said above, this RNG will not advance any more and you can walk around freely until the next egg is produced.

The PID(shininess/gender) is not determined in this process when the egg is found by the daycare; instead it employs standard gift pokemon pidrng when you receive the egg from the old man.

citing http://blog.livedoor.jp/x_x_saki_x_x/archives/54021240.html
So, it still is possible? Just more tedious?

Sorry, where I can watch the RAM on VBA? I use a VBA link and pkmn emerald (J), for mew xD
And, a legal Deoxys on 3rd gen is available only on FRLG? I have the english version, is legal?

i can't found the "RAM viewer" option, where is? Here is a screenshot
Is memory viewer.
Address in em(j) is sth like 03005AE0 iirc just go google it.

So, it still is possible? Just more tedious?
Possible, theoretically yes. The author of that article programmed this thing
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-42

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Thank you, I think my ds clock may be a tiny bit faster than the clock I calibrated it with so I will try the exact time on my calibrator clock instead of 1 second before.
Try using a Frame 1 spread. I really don't see a reason to ever choose an IV frame other than 1 (or whatever your starting frame is).

Is memory viewer.
Address in em(j) is sth like 03005AE0 iirc just go google it.

Possible, theoretically yes. The author of that article programmed this thing
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-42
So, this is the seed of my Secret ID?

now, if it's correct, i do this step:
3.RNGReporter-Research-LCRNG-16bithigh/1 (accually just 16bithigh itself, but the program requires you to put in sth there lol)
Put in the seed you got in the step above, set number of results to at least 65535.
--this generates a full list of all SIDs produced by that seed.
and here is the result:

and now, what i should do?
Mackenzie, i put 1, but it gives me the same result..

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'd like a little help regarding RNG'ing in Platinum. Today, I've been able to successfully RNG a shiny Snorunt at Lake Acuity, and I'm trying to RNG for a shiny Pinsir (swarms on Route 229.) The route itself appears to have only one moving NPC (Ace Trainer) near the start of the route, but he doesn't appear to stop moving/advancing my frame even after I use the VS Seeker to get his attention. With him advancing the frame randomly it's hard for me to keep track of my frame if I try to use Coin Flips to verify my seed, and I don't know if it's a good idea to try using flips to verify my seed while letting him turn in different directions constantly; presumably if I used coin flips to check my seed, I could then use Chatot pitch patterns to try and verify my frame, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep track of all of the NPC's movements between those ten coin flips. Does anyone have a solution to this? As far as I know, the only way I can really check my seed without losing track of my frame is by going to the menu when the game starts, freeze the NPC and then use Chatot pitches to verify my seed.

Hey guys, I'd like a little help regarding RNG'ing in Platinum. Today, I've been able to successfully RNG a shiny Snorunt at Lake Acuity, and I'm trying to RNG for a shiny Pinsir (swarms on Route 229.) The route itself appears to have only one moving NPC (Ace Trainer) near the start of the route, but he doesn't appear to stop moving/advancing my frame even after I use the VS Seeker to get his attention. With him advancing the frame randomly it's hard for me to keep track of my frame if I try to use Coin Flips to verify my seed, and I don't know if it's a good idea to try using flips to verify my seed while letting him turn in different directions constantly; presumably if I used coin flips to check my seed, I could then use Chatot pitch patterns to try and verify my frame, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep track of all of the NPC's movements between those ten coin flips. Does anyone have a solution to this? As far as I know, the only way I can really check my seed without losing track of my frame is by going to the menu when the game starts, freeze the NPC and then use Chatot pitches to verify my seed.
Did you battle the npc after using VS seeker? Does he still move about randomly?

The best route would be to keep watch of them,

To quote from the on-site guide: When a Wandering NPC want a rematch due to the VS Seeker it becomes a Fixed NPC while circling around or a Stationary NPC after the rematch. Using the VS Seeker allows for you to lessen the amount of NPCs that will advance the RNG, but there is no way to stop Wandering NPCs that are unaffected by the VS Seeker. The best you can do is keep them onscreen to watch and calculate how much they advance the frame.

when dealing with NPCs that won't stop moving after VS seeker I found that the best way was to set up a seed with high frames and then catch any random poke. Figure out your actual frame by checking its stats and advance the frame accordingly. Unpause the game, sweet scent and hope that the NPC didn't mess your frame by +/- 1. From experience doesn't take too long, you will probably catch yours in the third try.

I'm trying to RNG a ralts in pearl with pokerader, in the time finder do i use seeds from method j or chained spreads?

I have been using method j, hit my seed a few times, but the pokes that appeared weren't listed on the frames shown in the main window.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG a ralts in pearl with pokerader, in the time finder do i use seeds from method j or chained spreads?

I have been using method j, hit my seed a few times, but the pokes that appeared weren't listed on the frames shown in the main window.
Method J, unless it's the shiny patch which would be chained shiny.

After the first patch (or always with the special chain encounters), the next patches can ignore encounter slots, so that may be why you can't find the spread.

I have a question regarding the roamers . The RNG's instruction say to kill the roamers . Are that include raikou/entei ?
And i have to beat the elite four in order to RNG using the elm's method , correct ?
and can someone explain to me the calibration phase in soul silver ? I watch video but i still don't get it ( from the start on EonTimer and okay to change the time on your ds)

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a question regarding the roamers . The RNG's instruction say to kill the roamers . Are that include raikou/entei ?
And i have to beat the elite four in order to RNG using the elm's method , correct ?
and can someone explain to me the calibration phase in soul silver ? I watch video but i still don't get it ( from the start on EonTimer and okay to change the time on your ds)
-Yes, you have to kill those two, unless you're already in Kanto, where you also have to kill Lati@s.

-Not necesarily. You can use Juggler Irwin calls instead of Elm's (he is found in the Route that is in the north of Goldenrod City).

-If you want i can explain you the calibration process via PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)