5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If I fail to RNG legendary Pokemon from Pokemon Dream Radar, can I restart my White 2 and RNG again?
PS: In EonTimer, is Calibrated Second always 14? If not, how do I determine Calibrated Second?
You would have to restart your entire game if you want to RNG the legendaries from the Radar again, given that they can only be received once per save.

However, if you don't want to reset your entire cart, you can still back-up the contents of your 3DS' SD card (i don't remember the exact name of the Radar's folder) to keep the Radar's data for future use in other saves, send said data to another B2W2, and try again there.

Soft Resetting for a shiny Uxie in W2 in Nacrene City.

Anyone who is experienced at RNGing stationaries in B2W2? How erratic does the frame get advanced when soft resetting because of NPC's? I have a lot of experience in hatching flawless and shinies in B1. In B1, you always stop advancing frames with Chatot's the frame before your target frame. Is it the same here? My shiny frame is on frame 231. Do I stop at frame 230 and fight Uxie? Is there anything different that I need to do than in B1?

Think have found my problem and why I was chasing myself in circles, my Trainer Number was off >_<, one diget and just never caught it till now

Anyone who is experienced at RNGing stationaries in B2W2? How erratic does the frame get advanced when soft resetting because of NPC's? I have a lot of experience in hatching flawless and shinies in B1. In B1, you always stop advancing frames with Chatot's the frame before your target frame. Is it the same here? My shiny frame is on frame 231. Do I stop at frame 230 and fight Uxie? Is there anything different that I need to do than in B1?
Theoretically yes, and even if you dont get it the first time you can still always find you were off by how much afterwards.

Trying to RNG the shiny event dialga, and I've run into a few problems.

Seed: 7923E9FAD0E59FEC
Time: 1/3/14 @ 23:51:55
Keypresses: Select
Timer0: 10F4
Target frame: 55

On the main reporter window, the starting frame is calculated to be 49, and the frame with the spread I want on frame 53. So following the guide on smogon, I am doing one chatot advance.
I've done this many times, but I have gotten the spread I want. This is on white 2, so I know timer0s are a problem, but it hasn't taken this long before with other wonder cards. I can't help but feel I'm doing something wrong, so I would like to know if I'm skipping over an important step somewhere.
I'm still trying for this seed, but I'm not getting anywhere. I am consistently getting the same 2 spreads now, but they aren't even listed on the RNG reporter's IV spreads for the seed I'm using and the frames around my target.

I'm doing 3 chatot advances. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in my process, is it just a bad seed?

Theoretically yes, and even if you dont get it the first time you can still always find you were off by how much afterwards.
meaning?

I have soft reset 50+ times with no luck. Listening to chatot chatters I don't seem to be hitting my seed. I start from the "intial PIDRNG frame" correct? Or do I start from frame 1? How many frames are we talking that the NPC's will advance? 10-20? Or 50+?

I finally hit the seed, however when stopping at frame 230 (shiny frame was frame 231) and mashing A as quickly as possible it looks like the NPC's advanced me to frame 234. So frustrating to finally hit the seed and to have all these NPC's in the area.

Should I now try and stop earlier (4 frames or so) and try and catch it that way?

I'm trying to practice RNG on Dream Radar before getting the Therians, and I cannot, for the life of me, seem to hit the right spinner sequence, ever. I've accounted for the possibility of my game thinking it's been memory linked.

If I'm not mistaken, if I hit my IV seed frame, then I should see the right spinner sequence, right? What could be causing me to not see the right spinner sequence?

I'm trying to practice RNG on Dream Radar before getting the Therians, and I cannot, for the life of me, seem to hit the right spinner sequence, ever. I've accounted for the possibility of my game thinking it's been memory linked.

If I'm not mistaken, if I hit my IV seed frame, then I should see the right spinner sequence, right? What could be causing me to not see the right spinner sequence?
It takes me on average more than 1 hour to hit a seed in bw2. And at least maybe 5-8 times for any of the timer0s to appear twice.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

I recall that when I RNGed my shiny Uxie, my PIDRNG was about 10 frames off. Do you record the nature you get (assuming the Timer0 is correct) when you advance N many frames? Then try N - 1, N - 2... until you see a matching pattern in the main window, and adjust your frame advances accordingly. Granted, with those wandering NPCs, consistent results require many trials.

I'm still trying for this seed, but I'm not getting anywhere. I am consistently getting the same 2 spreads now, but they aren't even listed on the RNG reporter's IV spreads for the seed I'm using and the frames around my target.

I'm doing 3 chatot advances. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in my process, is it just a bad seed?
Your starting frame is 49, and your target frame is... 53 or 55? Your quote vs. your updated comment differ. You'd need to advance a Chatot four or six times to advance that frame.

Now for my own question: What am I doing wrong with this setup?

The results between the Time Finder and main window differ, and when I check what PIDRNG frames I'm hitting, I find that the IVs, natures, and abilities are mostly consistent with the main window's results, but encounter slots and shininess are not. I am leading with a female Cute Charm Cinccino, have two Chatots to advance frames, and use a Roserade for Sweet Scent.

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
The results between the Time Finder and main window differ, and when I check what PIDRNG frames I'm hitting, I find that the IVs, natures, and abilities are mostly consistent with the main window's results, but encounter slots and shininess are not. I am leading with a female Cute Charm Cinccino, have two Chatots to advance frames, and use a Roserade for Sweet Scent.
I'm assuming that you have the B/W 2 box checked, but you need to click the "Synchronize" button on the main window until it says "Cute Charm". Then just pick "Female lead (50% M target)," regenerate the frames, and it should match up.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm assuming that you have the B/W 2 box checked, but you need to click the "Synchronize" button on the main window until it says "Cute Charm". Then just pick "Female lead (50% M target)," regenerate the frames, and it should match up.
Oh, I didn't know that was clickable. :D Thank you for that--the main window now generates the right frames. Still not getting the right pokemon in-game, though.

Just jotting down what pokemon I get with various frame advances (gender is influenced by Cute Charm). There is a roaming NPC on the route I'm RNGing on, and that explains the inconsistent results now. I've confirmed these natures at least twice, and frame advance 7 and 9 are unusually different compared to the other tests. Did I do anything else wrong? XD

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Oh, I didn't know that was clickable. :D Thank you for that--the main window now generates the right frames. Still not getting the right pokemon in-game, though.

Just jotting down what pokemon I get with various frame advances (gender is influenced by Cute Charm). There is a roaming NPC on the route I'm RNGing on, and that explains the inconsistent results now. I've confirmed these natures at least twice, and frame advance 7 and 9 are unusually different compared to the other tests. Did I do anything else wrong? XD
haha, you're welcome. It's easy to miss.

It seems like 7 advances is your best best. Those 7 and 9 in your text file are just the wrong Timer0...nothing you can do about that. That NPC might make you skip your shiny frame though (assuming you get the right Timer0). You should get either the shiny or the frame before it with 7 advances. If you get the frame before it, just re-save your game so that the NPC starts in a different place. Then just redo the process of checking chatters until you get it. You're doing it right though :)

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
haha, you're welcome. It's easy to miss.

It seems like 7 advances is your best best. Those 7 and 9 in your text file are just the wrong Timer0...nothing you can do about that. That NPC might make you skip your shiny frame though (assuming you get the right Timer0). You should get either the shiny or the frame before it with 7 advances. If you get the frame before it, just re-save your game so that the NPC starts in a different place. Then just redo the process of checking chatters until you get it. You're doing it right though :)
The thing is, I'm getting the right IVs, and if my Timer0 were off, I should get the wrong IVs, right? o.o Unless PIDRNG's Timer0 differs from the standard seed's?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
The thing is, I'm getting the right IVs, and if my Timer0 were off, I should get the wrong IVs, right? o.o Unless PIDRNG's Timer0 differs from the standard seed's?
You're right. No, there's only 1 Timer0. Sorry, I didn't realize that those natures are the ones you were getting before you switched the method. I see now. Definitely 7 in that case.

Edit: Sorry. Just realized that if you had done 7 chatters, you should have gotten the shiny. Hmm, I need to think that over again haha.

Edit2: Did you input your DS info when you made your profile? There's no info next to your profile selection in the time finder pic from your 1st post. Could be a dead end, but I've never seen that before. Unless you censored it out...

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
You're right. No, there's only 1 Timer0. Sorry, I didn't realize that those natures are the ones you were getting before you switched the method. I see now. Definitely 7 in that case.

Edit: Sorry. Just realized that if you had done 7 chatters, you should have gotten the shiny. Hmm, I need to think that over again haha.

Edit2: Did you input your DS info when you made your profile? There's no info next to your profile selection in the time finder pic from your 1st post. Could be a dead end, but I've never seen that before. Unless you censored it out...

Everything's in there, I hope.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler

Everything's in there, I hope.
Yeah that all looks right. Although I still don't know why your info didn't show up in the Time Finder.

Are you sure that's your actual TID/SID? You said before that you RNG'd a shiny Uxie so I would imagine they are. What's your target Pokemon? Are you sure it's actually 50/50 gender?

Also, sorry I was apparently really confused last night (that's what I get for trying to multitask). Those entries in your notepad for 7 and 9 do not correspond with anything the reporter is telling you you should be getting with those chatters (as you noted in your post..."they are unusually different"). Unless the reporter is wrong for those two frames (unlikely), those have to be the wrong Timer0.

Re-quoting my relevant post:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
Yeah that all looks right. Although I still don't know why your info didn't show up in the Time Finder.

Are you sure that's your actual TID/SID? You said before that you RNG'd a shiny Uxie so I would imagine they are. What's your target Pokemon? Are you sure it's actually 50/50 gender?

Also, sorry I was apparently really confused last night (that's what I get for trying to multitask). Those entries in your notepad for 7 and 9 do not correspond with anything the reporter is telling you you should be getting with those chatters (as you noted in your post..."they are unusually different"). Unless the reporter is wrong for those two frames (unlikely), those have to be the wrong Timer0.

Re-quoting my relevant post:
My SID is certain (I used the same shiny seed for Azelf and Mesprit >>). Pawniard has a 50/50 gender ratio, so that's probably not it. Cinccino's 25/75 ratio for Cute Charm doesn't affect the seed, I hope? For the Timer0, frames 7's and 9's pokemon had the 31/31/31/x/31/31 IV combination.

I've put off trying to RNG with this seed. :P Maybe later, maybe with a different seed.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Edit: forgot to quote haha
Quanyails said:
Yeah I didn't really think that you had the wrong SID. I was just grasping at straws haha. No Cinccino's wouldn't affect it. I just don't what's going on haha. Everything matches the method it's supposed to until you get to the Modest. Frame 55 with the Cute Charm method should have Modest instead of Quiet. The Adamant isn't shiny, but has the ability and slot number as the wild Pokemon method. And the Timid matches frame 57 of the cute charm, but the main window has a different nature. It's like it's a weird combo of the two.

Unfortunately, I'm really not sure what to say. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Perhaps someone else can take a look at what's going on.

But yes, another seed might be a good idea haha.

I also have a question. I know that the shining charm is currently not supported in the reporter, based on info from the first post. From what I've gathered from the research thread, could I leave the box for the shining charm unchecked in the reporter, take into account the maximum of 3 additional advances myself, and just rng as normal from there? This is for wild encounter/Wondercard/stationary rng abuse in B/W 2, as I'm not really planning on breeding in those games.

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to quote haha

I also have a question. I know that the shining charm is currently not supported in the reporter, based on info from the first post. From what I've gathered from the research thread, could I leave the box for the shining charm unchecked in the reporter, take into account the maximum of 3 additional advances myself, and just rng as normal from there? This is for wild encounter/Wondercard/stationary rng abuse in B/W 2, as I'm not really planning on breeding in those games.

Thanks!
DeSmuMe Black 2
Seed tested:805F0CF60ADB44FE
shiny frame (wild) by RNGr96.6 w/o charm: 71
shiny frame (gift) by BW2 EGG RNGER: 72-74 -->Wild: 69-71

spinner sequence: 334330...

Frame 61: Yamask 28(slot2) brave(frame 63 nature)
Frame 62: Sandile 28(slot3) brave(frame 64 nature)
63..66 skipped
Frame 67: Yamask 27(slot0) relaxed(frame 69 nature)
Frame 68: Sandslash 29(slot5) lonely(frame 70 nature)
Frame 69: Shiny Yamask 28(slot2) mild(frame 71 nature)
Frame 70: Shiny Yamask 27(slot0) mild(frame 71 nature)
Frame 71: Shiny Sandslash 29(slot5) mild(frame 71 nature)

Frame 72: Sandile 27(slot1) lonely(frame 74 nature)
Frame 73: Yamask 27(slot0) calm(frame 75 nature)

All encounter slots match those given by RNGrep, and are not affected by shiny charm

nature of non shiny frame = RNGrep nature+2 both before and after the original shiny frame
nature of shiny frame = RNGrep nature of original shiny frame

shiny charm turns 2 frames shiny before the original shiny frame
shiny charm does not stop the original shiny frame (71) from being shiny
shiny charm does not affect any frame after the original shiny frame

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Awesome! Thanks again, Kadabrium. Do you happen to know if the process is the same for Wondercards (ignoring the shinyness of course)? So, would it still draw the nature (and IV's) from 2 frames ahead, essentially just making the starting frame initial+2?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I have an Aerodactyl on my Black 1 Entralink and I want to catch it to get a 31/31/31/1/31/31 one, allowing me to have a valuable Aerodactyl with both a special ball and relevant previous gen only tutor moves like Aqua Tail. I know RNGing on BW2 is much easier, I already RNGed a few Entralink Pokémon for perfect IVs here, but I don't have an Aerodactyl on my Black 2 Entralink.

My DS MAC adress: 0019FDF97C4C
Hardware used: Nintendo DS Lite and French Black 1 retail cart
Other RNG parameters: VCount = 5F / GxStat = 6 / VFrame = 6 (I don't know if those are relevant for Entralink RNG)

I use the 9.96.5 BETA version of RNG Reporter.
My target seed is 480C8609, with a target time of 19:12:15, a delay of 2479, and the date being 2014 02 22. Frame is 21.

On EonTimer v1.6, in gen V options I chosen Entralink on the drop-down list and, refering to the Entralink RNG Guide, I entered -195 for Calibration (default value on this version of EonTimer being -95).
On the first try, I hit the 4A0C86DD seed (with an IV spread of 16/16/14/14/29/7 on frame 21). The time for this seed is 19:12:17 and its delay is 2691.
Still refering to BW1 Entralink RNG guide, I adjusted the EL calibration box: ([secondHit - secondWanted] * 60) + 296 = [(17 - 15) * 60] + 296 = 2 * 60 + 296 = 120 + 296 = 416
On the second try, I got the 470C8644 seed (with an IV spread of 12/19/16/23/23/21 on frame 21). The time for this seed is 19:12:14 and its delay is 2538.

What was wrong here? Default values on EonTimer v1.6 doesn't match those on the v1.2 screenshots (calibration field being respectively -95 and -195, while EL calibration is 256 and 296 respectively). Maybe that's the reasons why I wasn't really close to my target seed, or that's just because of inaccurate delay hitting? Thanks for advices!

I need help RNGing Cresselia in White 2. I'm very frustrated because I successfully RNGed it, but my Samurott decided to troll and critical hit the damn thing, so now I've been stuck trying to hit my timer0 for over an hour when I should have the damn thing already. Anyway, here's the breakdown:

• PPRNG: 1.15.0
  • Shiny <SYNC> Cresselia, 31/10/31/31/31/31
  • Seed A84415CB08C650C2 on frame 118. Timer0: 1673, VCount: AC, VFrame: 8, Mac Address: E0-E7-51-1C-B9-E2
  • I verify my seed with Chatot pitches, seeing as there is no other way in Gen V.
  • I keep getting Cresselia's that are seemingly "out of range" of my Timer0's. For the most part, I can not find Cresselia's that I've caught in the Adjacents tab.
Is there any way to reliably hit my Timer0? I sure hope persistence isn't the answer because I've been trying to hit it for the past hour with no progress. I don't even bother checking the Cresselia's I've caught anymore because I can never find them in Adjacents. Any help would be appreciated, Gen V RNG is seriously starting to annoy me. If only it were as easy as Gen IV...

EDIT: Just caught a Calm Strong Willed 10-11/27/19-20/9-10/30-31/13 Cresselia (after 5 frame advances, just testing to see what I hit), and of course this combination is no where to be found in Adjacents. And yes, I greatly increased my ranges, therefore I have no clue what Timer0 I hit. What's going on here?

EDIT2: Jolly Quick to Flee 19-20/21/15/0-1/20/23-24 Cresselia, 4 frame advances. Also cannot find under Adjacents.

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, persistence is the only answer. Some people have said that using EonTimer helps, but it never made a difference for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)