Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just battling on Showdown, and the system went weird part way through the battle. I had just switched in Xerneas and used Geomancy. Showdown then proceeded to tell me I could only use Geomancy (even though it was on random matchup with a power herb on it) and I was trapped therefore I couldn't switch. At this time the other player also left the battle.

I have the replay saved and it's here http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-89311460

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was just battling on Showdown, and the system went weird part way through the battle. I had just switched in Xerneas and used Geomancy. Showdown then proceeded to tell me I could only use Geomancy (even though it was on random matchup with a power herb on it) and I was trapped therefore I couldn't switch. At this time the other player also left the battle.

I have the replay saved and it's here http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-89311460
You used Geomancy twice. The first time you used it Power Herb activated and gave you the boost. You used it again and then were trapped because you had to finish the two-turn move.

Found yet another bug. I was using Male Meowstic against a Klefki. I moved first with Misty Terrain, to which Klefki responded with a Swagger. I still got confused, even though that shouldn't have been possible (I can't imagine why meowstic would not be considered "on the terrain"). So it looks like Misty Terrain isn't really working, or at least not on the turn it's activated.

Dexsearch seems to be bugged when using "!". I'm not too sure how to explain it but an example is

/dexsearch !hidden power, harden gives Beautifly, Beedrill, Butterfree, Cascoon, Dustox, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Spewpa, Vivillon
while /dexsearch harden, !hidden power gives Cascoon, Kakuna, Metapod, Silcoon, Spewpa

When the ! one came first, the evolutions of the Pokemon (which can learn Hidden Power) appeared even though they shouldn't...

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you use a URL to join a room and don't put the room's name in all lowercase, this happens

So this just happened http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-90106923 (skip to turn 33 for the important part).

I don't really know why Red Card works behind a Sub but it does so I was using it to activate Unburden, well anyway I checked and I hadn't lost the ability from the previous battles, but for some reason Hawlucha was outsped by Jolteon (no, it wasn't Scarf; not that it matters because Scarf Jolteon reaches 591 and my Lucha reaches 660 after Unburden, but I got asked that anyway). Why would that happen? The item got activated so that should've been the end of it.

Thanks in advance, I wasn't sure if I should report it or not.

EDIT: So I broke my compromise of not laddering until I was told why that happened, and on the first match I could see that Unburden was working just fine. Let's just hope it was a one-time thing, because atm Limitless and I are the only ones using that borked set and having tons of fun :P

Last edited:
So this just happened http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-90106923 (skip to turn 33 for the important part).

I don't really know why Red Card works behind a Sub but it does so I was using it to activate Unburden, well anyway I checked and I hadn't lost the ability from the previous battles, but for some reason Hawlucha was outsped by Jolteon (no, it wasn't Scarf; not that it matters because Scarf Jolteon reaches 591 and my Lucha reaches 660 after Unburden, but I got asked that anyway). Why would that happen? The item got activated so that should've been the end of it.

Thanks in advance, I wasn't sure if I should report it or not.

EDIT: So I broke my compromise of not laddering until I was told why that happened, and on the first match I could see that Unburden was working just fine. Let's just hope it was a one-time thing, because atm Limitless and I are the only ones using that borked set and having tons of fun :P
To begin with your set is illegal anyway.

Red Card can not activate from behind a substitute in game (confirmed) but only when taking a attack directly (Infiltrator would activate Red Card from behind a Sub) and with that said I guess I'll submit this as a bug report while I'm at it.

As for ideas why you got outsped? If Unburden is activating properly perhaps the speed buff from the Haxorus DD somehow got passed over

To begin with your set is illegal anyway.

Red Card can not activate from behind a substitute in game (confirmed) but only when taking a attack directly (Infiltrator would activate Red Card from behind a Sub) and with that said I guess I'll submit this as a bug report while I'm at it.

As for ideas why you got outsped? If Unburden is activating properly perhaps the speed buff from the Haxorus DD somehow got passed over
See I had a feeling that might be a bug because Cursed Body and Rocky Helmet (non-contact ability and contact item, respectively) don't activate behind a Sub. Illegal is a harsh word though, lol.

And even if what you said was right, it still doesn't make sense because Hawlucha outspeeds +1 Jolteon anyway, as I already said. Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Forsety I know what you meant, but it sounded like you said I was trying to take advantage of a bug instead of not knowing if it was a bug or not. Nomark That could be it, if so then it must be a Mold Breaker bug because that's not how it's supposed to work. At least as far as I'm aware.

Last edited:
Well illegal in the sense of what the goal and aim of the set was, actual moveset itself is perfectly legal if you want to keep it though I imagine it has a little less use to you now. I wouldn't think too much about the 'why' of the outspeeding bit considering this is two bugs on top of each other.

Mind you it would've been funny if what happened there was the Haxorus's buffs somehow got passed to Jolteon. It'd actually be the most reasonable explanation there even if it makes no sense technically.

Huh, that is a very strange application of Mold Breaker's effect and first time I've heard of it working that way. I always assumed it only applied to effects which would somehow affect an your own attacks properties being modified but it even extends to ignoring an effect which affects the opponent? Are there any other similar oddities with Mold Breaker like Unburden? Like would Mold Breaker also do something similar to Weak Armour?

<TTT> ok yeah Ernesto Mold Breaker is bugged
<TTT> it negates onUseItem so unburden never activates
*** jukain [Jukain@thrown.together.never.to.part] has quit [Quit: -a- Android IRC 2.1.15 ]
<Ernesto> dang
<TTT> well, it negates onUseItem if it would happen during the attack processing
<TTT> I'll talk to V4 about it and see what we come up with
<Ernesto> yea that's how unburden activates
<Ernesto> with red card
<TTT> I can fix Sub/Unburden easily enough though
<Ernesto> nice two bugs together

Ok so two bugs for the price of one. Where's my medal? Thanks Nomark for your help, I actually hadn't even considered Mold Breaker before your second comment, but it ended up making sense. Also thanks Forsety for trying out Sub + Red Card ingame. Now we won't have to ban Hawlucha until Flying Gem gets released!

In a double battle, my opponent's mega aerodactyl hurt my mismagius (with levitate) with sky drop, I didn't save a reply, but aren't levitating people immune to the damage?

In a Double Battle my Mega Gengar fainted but I still had to choose its next move for the remainder of the battle. idk why so I'll just give you everything that happened that turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)