Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Shit volume 35: Swept by Musharna Edition
-Baton Pass Gliscor without Toxic Orb.
-I would mention Dedenne, but I just got ninja'd by Skymin up there.
-Someone failing to understand what Sleep Clause is.
-Gengar repeatedly using Counter as a Dragonite sets up to +6. And then Counter actually works.
-Rest Trevenant. Undead tree never dies. Except for hax.
-A guy who forfeited after his Goodra got killed by a Garchomp's Outrage, even though he had Azumarill in reserve.
-Leftovers Chansey.
-Using Leech Seed twice on the same target.
-Guts+Flame Orb Conkeldurr failing to break a Whimsicott's sub. And then the Whimsicott player calls Knock Off OP.
-Y-zard Fire Blasting a Heatran.
-Defensive Slurpuff with Flamethrower and Play Rough.
-Latios using Psyshock against Tyranitar.
-This: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90885688
-Fire Blast non-mega Aerodactyl.
-A number of issues here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-90884288
-I don't normally post Showderp, but this one was too good to pass up: Snivy beating an Aegislash.
-Kecleon. It actually got 3 kills and weakened Ferrothorn before going down. Then the opponent forfeited.
-Ice Punch Blastoise.
-Sub+Bulk Up+Lefties Smeargle.
-A Gliscor stall war lasting close to 60 turns, ending only when a Blissey with Ice Beam intervened, but not before its opponent ran out of PP.
-Rest+Snore M-Gardevoir.
-Bouffalant.
-Emolga. With a Sitrus Berry (doesn't it get Roost?).
-Focus Sash+Trick Room Chandelure. This alone isn't terrible, but the rest of his team (except Scizor) was fast.

What Not to Do, take 4:

- Dedenne.
- DD Salamence using Dragon Claw on said Dedenne.
- Whatever the hell this is.
- Azelf using Explosion on a Tyranitar.
- So your opponent's remaining team consists of a sleeping Breloom, a paralyzed Smeargle, and a healthy Aegislash and Gengar. They have no hazards on their field, while your field has Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, and 3 layers of Spikes. You have your Mandibuzz in on their Breloom. What move should we use here? Oh, how about TOXIC.
- Klefki attempting to use Spikes when the opposing side already has 3 layers of it.
- Walrein.
- Vanilluxe.
- Aurorus.
- Tauros without Sheer Force. This isn't RBY, dear.
- Competitive Gothitelle. I don't mean the Gothitelle was competitive, I mean it had Competitive.
- A team where 4 members are 2x weak to Rock and another is 4x weak. It had nothing that could learn Defog, and the only potential spinner was...wait for it...Armaldo.
- LV 100 Rattata.
- LV 100 Magnemite.
- Stunfisk.
- Water Shuriken + Waterfall Focus Sash Greninja. Let's abuse Torrent as much as we can oh wait this one had Protean.
- Aerial Ace Durant.
- Torkoal, on two separate occasions. One was an offensive set without Shell Smash. The other was the only mon that could remove hazards, for a team that had a Shedinja.
- Vivillon without Quiver Dance or Sleep Powder.
- Leafeon. Got completely walled by Aggron. Probably should have been using that Dig Power Herb set we've been hearing about.
- Raichu.
- Bug Buzz Mega Scizor.
- Substitute Blissey.
- Someone using Gyaravire in gen 6 unironically...and their opponent's Zebstrika falling for it.
- And probably my personal favorite line thus far: Metagross used Self-Destruct!

Just witnessed a Pyroar use Sunny Day...which gave a level 1 Rattata the opportunity to Toxic it before using Endeavor the next turn. Unfortunately for the critter, it got burned by a Fire Blast resulting in a double down.

Is Competitive THAT bad of an ability? I mean yeah Gothitelle gets Shadow Tag but Competitive could be...somewhat viable.
It's not a bad ability by any means, in fact it'd be really nice if more viable things got it.

But then you realize that Gothitelle has Shadow Tag.

It'd be kind of like if something got both Guts and Pure Power. Guts is normally a great ability but why the hell would you use it on that mon?

i don't even know what the hell
On one side of the field, you have someone who accidentally brought their NU team into OU, and on the other side, you have such powerhouses as Fly Landorus-Therian, Physical Endeavor Blissey with a Sitrus Berry, Fire Blast + Blue Flare Victini, Night Shade Gengar, and Future Sight Togekiss.
Society has failed.
HE should feel a bit..ashamed. Really. BEEDRILL. He's using Beedrill. And Luvdisc.
Dude, Noob12321 is ME. I'm using a crap team my friend and I made. And don't diss Beedrill and Luvdisc. Beedrill killed a Gyrados before. And for Luvdisc, see this:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-90375566

Last edited:
It's not a bad ability by any means, in fact it'd be really nice if more viable things got it.

But then you realize that Gothitelle has Shadow Tag.

It'd be kind of like if something got both Guts and Pure Power. Guts is normally a great ability but why the hell would you use it on that mon?
Well, for Guts versus Pure Power they both do the same thing (boost Physical attacks) but Pure Power does it better. Competitive at least does something completely different from Shadow Tag. It might even be viable if Gothitelle weren't horribly fragile. It does not appreciate Utility Scizor or Mandibuzz.

More to the point:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-90871842 — Let's count the silly things in this replay:
>Sniper Kingdra with Muddy Water instead of Hydro Pump or Surf. Unfortunately for it, I Knock Off its Razor Claw first turn. It then decides to stay in on Mega Gardevoir and get owned by Hyper Voice.
>Sitrus Berry Talonflame that goes straight for the Flare Blitz when confronted by an Aegislash.
>Me underestimating Cloyster's Speed and trying to Taunt it to block Shell Smash.
>Cloyster using Rock Blast on Aegislash instead of Icicle Spear.
>Air Balloon Blastoise with Earthquake.
>My opponent deciding their Physical Dragonite with no Flying STAB is a good switch-in for my Iron Defence-Passing Scolipede.
>My opponent switching out Dragonite after setting up a Dragon Dance, just so their Blastoise can be OHKOd by Zen Headbutt. (Although, it could be they were trying to decide what to sack to get Talonflame in.)
But the best part is my opponent's reaction to Celebi's raw damage output.

One time I fought a Scarfed Machamp. My opponent Baton Passed it a Sub, which made me automatically assume it had Focus Punch, but I never saw Focus Punch the whole match. What I did see was Thunder Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge, which meant Celebi tanked the whole set and net me the last two KOs of the game. (Even Stone Edge, the only move he has that deals neutral damage, is a 3HKO.) They even crit the Stone Edge, which accomplished nothing more than forcing Celebi to die of Life Orb recoil. When Machamp was their last mon, and I still had three left.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-90711397 — I found someone using an Eeveelution team. What they apparently don't realize is that Moonblast's Sp. Atk drop forces out my Special-attacking Aegislash. And they feel that it is a good idea to forfeit as a result of this.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-90859692 — Muscle Band and Wise Glasses? Well, I suppose extra damage output is good, but aren't there more optimal items to use to accomplish this? Also, Mega Gardevoir sweep.

Not as silly, but one time I lost a match because my opponent's Swords Dance-Passing Scolipede had 252 HP / 252+ Def and ran Sitrus Berry instead of Black Sludge. This enabled it to survive Azumarill's +6 Aqua Jet with 10% HP remaining, and then avoid being revenged by Celebi's Life Orb Sucker Punch. The Scolipede itself KOd both Azumarill and Celebi (with X-Scissor, not Megahorn), then Baton Passed to one of its friends who took out another mon before going down. My own Scolipede then missed it with Megahorn, allowing it to set up again. It then Baton Passed to something that swept the other half of my team.

What. The. Hell.

Why do people think Pokemon that were previously NU or something that are OU now are viable without stones? Mega-Mawile is the reason that thing's in OU. I'm so proud of my baby

The typing change helps it a lot, but it still wouldn't be OU. Maybe it would've made RU this gen w/o mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)