Mewtwo (QC 2/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah bulky psychic types in counters, Deo-D comes to mind but is taunt bait. However, Wobb is a good check to both formes (only has to play a mindgame vs Shadow Ball MMY) so mention it specifically.

Choice Scarf, Flamethrower, and Aura Sphere should probably get mentioned in OO. Choice Scarf Mewtwo is an okay revenge killer, as it is able to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame, even with a Modest nature. Its also able to outspeed +2 Xerneas and 2HKO it with a Modest nature. Flamethrower and Aura Sphere are also okay alternatives to Focus Blast and Fire Blast due to their perfect accuracy. However, it should be mentioned what KOs these moves miss out on that Fire Blast / Focus Blast don't.

The classic God of Pokemon has always been one of the most dangerous Pokemon to go up against. However, in this generation, "dangerous" is an understatement. Having been gifted with not one, but two mega evolutions that function differently from each other, Mewtwo has gained a level of versatility and unpredictability that is unmatched by a large population of the Uber roster. Equipped with the Mewtwonite Y, Mewtwo's Special Attack skyrockets to a nuclear base 190 while it's Speed sits at a very high 140. Although this may be slightly weaker than normal Mewtwo and only slightly faster which is not relevant in most cases, the lack of recoil damages can possibly help it to land an extra attack before falling, with is a big plus considering how hard this Pokemon hits. Furthermore, an increase to it's Special Defense allows it to take hits better in a metagame infested with special attackers and makes pulling off a Calm Mind easier. Equipped with the Mewtwonite X, Mewtwo becomes a deadly physical attackers, being able to outspeed and attack the weaker Physical Defense that is common in the Uber environment. Mega Mewtwo X gains the fighting type which ameliorate some of it's former weaknesses and provide it with a valuable Stab to take advantage of it's high attacking stats. Gifted with a wide array of attacking and supporting moves such as Psystrike, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Low Kick, Drain Punch, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Reflect, Light Screen and Recover coupled with a very high Speed stat that is only normally outsped by Deoxy A/S, you can imagine that playing around this Pokemon is a very daunting task. If played correctly, Mewtwo can tear major holes in the opposing team or become a sturdy Stalltwo that is difficult to break.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Wow ameliorate.. did someone use like a genie in a lamp and wish for u to suddenly become more intelligent? xD

Either way that paragraph looks pretty decent as an Overview.

Good overview, but I feel it should be mentioned how Mega Mewtwo Y's Defense drops after mega-evolving.
I don't know about you, but sometimes I hold back on mega-evolving if I feel it's necessary.

It's not terrible but there's still an awful lot of hype in it. Anways, this analysis is still wip and not at the overview bit yet. :p

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
no analysis with a whole fucking list of a pokemon's moves will be put.

use jimmy's overview for points, they're good. dont copy it. it doesn't match grammar standings and such.

Blue Jay If you could finish up what's left to fill in on the main set and have the overview, checks counters, and other options sections all out of wip (so bascially everything but the secondary sets for now) by tomorrow that would be really helpful for me. We are going to have the new dex live soon and need at least a place holder skeleton. (oh and if you could jump ahead and format the checks and counters section like you see in the index that would be even better)

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blue Jay If you could finish up what's left to fill in on the main set and have the overview, checks counters, and other options sections all out of wip (so bascially everything but the secondary sets for now) by tomorrow that would be really helpful for me. We are going to have the new dex live soon and need at least a place holder skeleton. (oh and if you could jump ahead and format the checks and counters section like you see in the index that would be even better)
Sorry I've been putting this off forever, but I reworked the whole analysis so that this is a proper QC ready skeleton, with a thorough C&C section too (I also wrote a good bit more stuff than I usually do for skeletons so that it makes sense to new players in the dex, since my skeletons are usually minimal with the mutual understanding between QC that I'll fill in blanks for the write up).

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ice Beam also hits Yveltal which is pretty important.

MMY should run 192 Speed EVs minimum to outrun Rash Deoxys-A imo.

Oh you can add Psychic Arceus as a check to both formes.

QC 2/3

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ice Beam also hits Yveltal which is pretty important.

MMY should run 192 Speed EVs minimum to outrun Rash Deoxys-A imo.

Oh you can add Psychic Arceus as a check to both formes.

QC 2/3
If you mean Physical 3 Attacks (since I mentioned Flying types for the special one), Low Kick actually hits it a lot harder since it has the same effective Base Power (90*2 or 120*1.5) and Low Kick uses the much higher Attack stat.

Added the other changes.

Write up will take a while, I have 3 deadlines at uni over the next 2 weeks.

it should be pointed out that mega mewtwo y get 150 base atk and base defense lowered to 70 base which means foul play hurts like crap if not KOing even with a -atk nature since it's attack is so huge and it's defense being so low for ubers

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If Mewtonite Y is the main item, why does set details mention 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196+ Spe for Mewtonite Y, instead of it being a main slash?
Seconding this actually. The Evs for the LO attacker and mmy attacker are different so you'd be better off mentioning how LO attacker wants 252spa/252spe timid while mmy would want 252spa/196spe/60filler Evs for more optimization.

Also on the stalltwo set would probably suffer the same fate. You'd want to mention how standard stalltwo will need max speed while as mmy you want 196spe Evs to outspeed neutral base 150's

The things that you need max speed for as normal mewtwo will probably not wait for you to go mega before they step onto the field. Also not speedtieing with other mewtwo-y. Just use max/max imo.

And what's up with neutral base 150?

Oh yeah, what happened to Psystrike + Naive on the Mewtwonite X sets? (Which isn't affected by Burn or Intimidate)

Last edited:

Reviver

Banned deucer.
I feel that MMX face a lot of competition from Mega Blaziken as a physical attacker/sweeper. The latter has better typing/STAB and speed boost and better boosting move in Swords Dance. Mewtwo does have access to taunt tho...

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I feel that MMX face a lot of competition from Mega Blaziken as a physical attacker/sweeper. The latter has better typing/STAB and speed boost and better boosting move in Swords Dance. Mewtwo does have access to taunt tho...
Because mewtwo is unpredictable as fuck unlike blaziken

This. One of the best things about X is the element of surprise. It's hilarious watching Pokemon like Tyranitar stay in expecting to kill me only to be hit right in the crotch (unless it's female >_>).

Reviver

Banned deucer.
I was talking specifically about MMX in the perspective of a teambuilder. Ofcourse, if you use MMX you get the advantage of being unpredictable due to the opponent not knowing if it's MMX or MMY or stalltwo even, but I was making a strict comparison between MMX and Blaziken only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)