Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I have no idea why some people run 5 pokemon. Their excuse is that they have nothing to put in there. You never know when a magikarp or metapod can win you a game.
there are actually legit times when you actually do forget to dump a pokemon

then again that's what stuff like greninja is for

there are actually legit times when you actually do forget to dump a pokemon

then again that's what stuff like greninja is for
You mean add a pokemon?
Also this guy had a ice punch gengar and a Hyper Beam Charizard(Not Mega)
and i asked him, and he said that it wasn't a mistake.

Destroy "Stupid" Stuff part 2
Gengar with counter. Really, i am worried about the guy who used dragon claw at +6 on something that is sashed and has counter. Counter Gengar itself is legetime
You can combine Counter and Focus Sash for a real surprising but effective set
Gengars Gen 5 Analysis.
Fire Blast non-mega Aerodactyl: Its on the Gen5 analysis http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/aerodactyl/ou
Keckleon. It's the bulkiest Protean user and it managed to get three kills.
Boffulant. 95/110/95/40/95/55. Decent stats and Typing, It's only flaw is the speed and lack of recovery, but it can work.
Wallrein: It's still a decent tank, nice bulk and decent special attack is not bad. The lose of perma-hail hurts it hard...
Auoros: A Rock Polish set with weakness policy can be very dangerous.
Stunfisk: It has decent bulk, can paralyse and heal. Its not awesome, but not as stupid as Special machamp or magikarp.
Raichu: Encore+Nasty plot. does this even need more explenation.
Dragon Dance Megazard y. lure rule no. 1: make them think it's a completly differentset.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-91182323
This guy struggled to understand why you should always run Huge Power Azumarill and why you shouldn't run mixed Mega Zard X.
Mixed Mega Zard X can get past physical walls and doesn't suffer from recoil (which would cut its sweep short). Since it won't have to run Roost, it can run EQ so it can get past Heatran. Not an entirely stupid idea.

4 SpA Mega Charizard X Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 398-470 (119.1 - 140.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO <-- no recoil, kills 100% of the time

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 290-344 (86.8 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO <-- still a high chance to kill, but now it's much more easily revenged due to the recoil it just took doing the move.

I mean, I can see why someone would use it. However that guy's team has all sorts of crappy, utterly messed up ev spreads/sets on everything. Why would a Galvantula ever have a balloon (it's neutral to eq) or Discharge (it gets Compound Eyes + Thunder, which has the same paralysis chance and does far more damage with similar accuracy)? The Forretress with Apicot Berry was hilarious too. Not to mention, doing things like Shadow Ball vs. a Normal type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)