Cloud's OU Team

So, I've come up with a good OU team (thanks to the mentors) that has done relatively well on Showdown. I just need a bit more improvements to the team and then I can start breeding it in-game. I already have Charizard ready and bred, so I can't replace him. Alright, so here's the team.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge - Timid Nature (Ability: Speed Boost)
EVs: 248 HP, 208 Defense, 52 Speed.
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass
I have used this Scolipede on another in-game team of mine, and it does great. It's only been defeated about two times over the course of seven or so battles. Most of the battles I lost required a forfeit since Scolipede was the last remaining Pokemon and had no attacks, but if I'm able to use him right, my team becomes super-charged. Literally. The general idea is to start off with protect, then substitute, then protect again, and then continue the cycle until Scolipede can get in a swords dance while under a substitute. He then Baton Passes to one of several sweepers on the team.

Excadrill @ Leftovers - Jolly Nature (Ability: Mold Breaker)
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed.
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
I don't have Excadrill in-game yet, but he seems like he'd be very handy. He can immediately switch in OR wait for Scolipede to baton pass speed boosts to him. Then he can set up Stealth Rock, spin if neccessary, and then attack OR switch out depending on the situation he's in. Plus, the ability Mold Breaker allows him to hit enemy Rotom for super-effective damage, which is always a nice thing to have. Earthquake, as just stated, hits all of Rotom's forms for super-effective damage (4x damage on heat-rotom!), and hits Fire-types like Mega Charizard X/Y. Iron Head hits fairy-types and ice-types fairly hard with STAB. It also hits Azumarill as long as it doesn't use Aqua Jet after a Belly Drum.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry - Adamant Nature (Ability: Huge Power)
EVs: 92 HP, 252 Attack, 164 Speed.
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Superpower
Yes, this is the run-of-the-mill Azumarill. But there's one thing that differentiates this Azumarill from others - and that is Scolipede. If he can get in a Swords Dance or two, Azumarill doesn't have to use Belly Drum, he saves HP, and he also gets a free Sitrus Berry. Aqua Jet makes up for Azumarill's awful speed stat (but if Scolipede can baton pass some speed boosts, the problem is fixed up a bit), and it hits hard with a few attack boosts/a Belly Drum. Play Rough destroys Hydreigon without any sort of boosts. It also hits dragons, dark-types, and fighting-types for extreme damage. Belly Drum is only used if Scolipede either is defeated before he can pass or if he only passes Speed Boosts to Azumarill. Superpower is just a coverage move, I'll probably tend to switch out Azumarill after to avoid being nailed by Iron Head/physical poison-steel-type moves.

Celebi @ Leftovers - Calm Nature (Ability: Natural Cure)
EVs: 252 HP, 220 Special Defense, 36 Speed.
- Leaf Storm
- Heal Bell
- Light Screen
- Recover
First, let me just mention that this is the event Celebi from Bank. It's godly in terms of stats, having 31 HP, 0 attack (calm nature, which is +sdef -atk, so it doesn't matter), 25 Defense, 30 SpA, 31 SpD, and 31 Speed. So I don't have access to moves like Giga Drain. The 252 EVs in HP are made so that Celebi can take a hit from one of its seven weaknesses, the 220 in Special Defense is to lower damage from S.E. moves, and the 36 Speed helps it get a bit faster, although I still think it'll be outsped by the majority of the tier. Leaf Storm hits hard once, but Celebi is forced to switch afterwards or else she can't attack reliably again, Heal Bell is to cure status from the team, Light Screen is to give the team a small Sp.Def boost, and Recover is for when I need to switch Celebi out after Leaf Storm - first, Celebi would switch in and use Light Screen, then Heal Bell, if applicable, then a Leaf Storm, then a Recover+switch.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry - Bold Nature (Ability: Levitate)
EVs: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Speed.
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
Rotom-W is everywhere, from what I have seen so far...but I can see why now - it absorbs paralysis with its electric-type, and it also levitates to prevent damage from Earthquake - water-typing in addition to its electric-type adds a few weaknesses but also creates water-type STAB in the form of Hydro Pump - which isn't very reliable, but still hits hard when it does hit. Volt Switch is in case a counter to Rotom switches in that isn't Ground-type, Hydro Pump is to hit said ground-type, and also fire-types and rock-types, Will-O-Wisp is to end physical non-fire-type Mega Evolutions, and Rest is if Rotom finds itself low on HP. The Chesto Berry wakes it up immediately.

Charizard @ Charizardite X - Jolly Nature (Ability: Tough Claws)
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed.
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
Yep, another run-of-the-mill Pokemon that is made even better by Scolipede. Even if Scolipede only passes one swords dance and a few speed boosts to Charizard, it becomes a frightening sweeper that can defeat steel, dragon, ice, and grass types without breaking a sweat, not to mention the ability to at the very least badly injure any other Pokemon that don't resist its attacks. Flare Blitz is Charizard's strongest attack, but it comes with the cost of a little HP. Earthquake wrecks Heatran, as it hits Heatran with 4x damage. Dragon Dance is just in case Scolipede is defeated before it can Baton pass, in which case it can still sweep - and Dragon Claw is another powerful STAB move.

So there it is. It's taken a while to come up with this team, as has pretty much every team, but if there's anything I should change before finalizing and breeding, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
Seems pretty good to me cant really see any crippling weakness or any moves that seem out of place. So overall a pretty good team. Also was I in mentor when you were building this?

I was just about to start work on this team, and then I realized, I can't get HA Stealth Rock Excadrill. I don't want any of this team hacked, and I don't know how to RNG, so what could I replace it with that spins and SR's besides smeargle?

Quick Review:
Scolopede: Megahorn/Poison Jab > Protect
Substitute works fine by it self.

Celebi: Psychic/Giga Drain/U-Turn > Light Screen
Light screen

Last edited:
Quick Review:
Scolopede: Megahorn/Poison Jab > Protect
Substitute works fine by it self.

Celebi: Psychic/Giga Drain/U-Turn > Light Screen
Light screen
He said in his rmt that's its a bank celebi, he doesn't have access to moves such as giga drain.

The full list of the fully-evolved Pokemon that can legally learn Stealth Rock + Rapid Spin:

Armaldo
Claydol
Donphan
Excadrill
Forretress
Kabutops
Sandslash
Smeargle
Torkoal

I'm not sure which of these are available to you, though, so I can't give a solid recommendation on which to use. :\

Earthquake, as just stated, hits all of Rotom's forms for super-effective damage (4x damage on heat-rotom!), and hits Fire-types like Mega Charizard X/Y
Mold Breaker Earthquake won't hit Mega-Charizard Y. It has a type-based immunity, not an ability-based one.

Last edited:

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
hey, baton passing scolio without a dual screens lead is pretty ineffective; people can just spam an attacking move and prevent you from passing any attack boosts. i'd suggest replacing celebi with deoxys-s, the premier ds lead. celebi kinda just kills your momentum, while you can always lead with deoxys and get two screens down 95% of the time. since you're losing a ground resist, i'd throw air balloon onto excadrill so unevolved charizard isnt your only answer to mold breaker earthquake. gl!

alien
Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay - Timid Nature (Ability: Pressure)
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Speed
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock / Knock Off / Psycho Boost

jolly nature if you go with knock off, use rock slide on excadrill instead of sr if you decide to use it on deoxys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)