Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Been thinking of using Staraptor in Ubers.I know it's not good enough for the tier,but it does hit pretty hard thanks to reckless and base 120 atk and has access to decent movepool.While one may think it's outclassed by stuff like Ho-oh and even Talonflame,I believe it has its niche in being faster(in case of Ho-oh) and having more attack(incase of Talonflame),although it's clearly not better than Ho-oh,but it still does seem not totally obsolete.What do you guys think of it?And what could be good team synergies for it (if there are some)?
Hits like a fucking truck. Good enough reason to use it. Also staraptor isn't good for team synergy thanks to relying entirely on recoil moves for good damage and giving next to nothing as far as team synergy is concerned

Hits like a fucking truck. Good enough reason to use it. Also staraptor isn't good for team synergy thanks to relying entirely on recoil moves for good damage and giving next to nothing as far as team synergy is concerned
yeh.I did think that it dosen't have much of a synergy with teams.Good to know there are more people that think it's fun to use though :]

-Leon- try Banded Raptor+Flame Charge Ho Oh, it's a pretty cool core that can wear down Ho-Oh's checks and counters, mainly a healthy arc rock and simetimes arc water. Raptor also gets defog which is really cool. I used that core on a pretty HO team and it worked well. Nit the best offensive core but decent enough

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
HP Fire also covers Scizor who is really annoying. HP Fire can also be boosted by sun if you have Groudon on your team. HP Ground is only really better for Heatran but he dies to Focus Blast anyway.
Yeah if you're gonna use a hidden power move (and you should), use HP fire to OHKO scizor, ferrothorn and genesect which all can OHKO you if u don't OHKO them first. Also does like 55% to aegislash which is very helpful.

A lot of people use focus blast instead but that doesn't even deserve to be called a move.
In addition to the above reasons to use hp fire there's also the ability to hit shedinja which I've seen recently being used to counter Xerneas. It's a small bonus but anything helps
Thanks guys, the only reason I asked was because I know someone with a Xerneas that has Hidden Power Ground (31/xx/31/30/30/31; will always give HP Ground) and I was wondering if its viable enough for me to try and trade for it and use over Wi-Fi. (Hey, I like playing Ubers on Wi-Fi from time to time... lol)

Too bad there's no one out there with a HP Fire Xern. ;-;

Thanks guys, the only reason I asked was because I know someone with a Xerneas that has Hidden Power Ground (31/xx/31/30/30/31; will always give HP Ground) and I was wondering if its viable enough for me to try and trade for it and use over Wi-Fi. (Hey, I like playing Ubers on Wi-Fi from time to time... lol)

Too bad there's no one out there with a HP Fire Xern. ;-;
'
Just ignore Hidden Power as a whole and run Focus Blast + Thunder.

-Leon- try Banded Raptor+Flame Charge Ho Oh, it's a pretty cool core that can wear down Ho-Oh's checks and counters, mainly a healthy arc rock and simetimes arc water. Raptor also gets defog which is really cool. I used that core on a pretty HO team and it worked well. Nit the best offensive core but decent enough
Ah,I've been using scarf Staraptor,but band Raptor sounds nice,but due to it's bad bulk it might not be able to stand out much.I'll try it,though,thanks.As for defog Raptor,I think a different pokemon would be better off using it since Staraptor is very frail and isn't much suited for a support or even defog+3atk role.

Why are evasion boosts not banned? Because they make this tier very frustrating (for me at least, but I imagine others). Also, is wevile viable as a priority user?

Why are evasion boosts not banned? Because they make this tier very frustrating (for me at least, but I imagine others). Also, is wevile viable as a priority user?
We decided on it not being broken back in BW2. It's controversial, yes, because evasion ban lift clearly doesn't make the game better competitively speaking, but let's face it: evasion boosting is a bad strategy that almost never works.

Well I've played very little of Ubers before, so are there any good tips for getting into the meta?
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#ubers@irc.synirc.net or showdowns Ubers room is where you should be going. Try talking to experienced players (rule of thumb usually the ones with authority).

We decided on it not being broken back in BW2. It's controversial, yes, because evasion ban lift clearly doesn't make the game better competitively speaking, but let's face it: evasion boosting is a bad strategy that almost never works.

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#ubers@irc.synirc.net or showdowns Ubers room is where you should be going. Try talking to experienced players (rule of thumb usually the ones with authority).
Ok, thanks a lot ^_^

Well, my opponent set up 3X evasion and my next 5 iron heads missed, even the first one.

What is the exact mechanics of Zygarde Aura break ability? It said: "The effects of Aura Abilities are reversed", does that mean Xerneas and Yveltal STAB are 1.3 times weaker?

With the buffs to Whirlwind and Roar, and the lifting of the evasion clause, do you think it may be worth taking another look at Moody?
*Smeargle used Ingrain!*

Probably not. Phazing doesn't prevent them from switching back in, and Smeargle has Ingrain to prevent Phazing.

EDIT: Also, Haruno uses a very hard to stop BT pass team,and it has safeguards vs phazing, like the aforemented ingrain

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
With the buffs to Whirlwind and Roar, and the lifting of the evasion clause, do you think it may be worth taking another look at Moody?
I can show you a good amount of replays where I played against good players while using a full baton pass team where whirlwind/roar/dtail proved to be next to useless. If I had moody Smeargle over own tempo Smeargle then the wins would've been more one sided lol so nope

Moody wasn't broekn because of evasion boosts, speed were actually the most dangerous boosts. What made it borrken was that you could eaily enter a subprotect cycle with a speed boost or free turn that woudl end up with capped boosts or close enough to sweep.There's a whole thread on moody discussion if you want to dig through the old subforums to find it.

Simply put, Moody could easily give you boosts that, combined with Baton Pass, wrecked your opponent. As Haruno said, Baton Pass isn't commonly seen in Ubers and as such, very few actually run a counter for it. Add Moody's unpredictability and big luck factor, and you have a pretty good reason to ban it.

Simply put, Moody could easily give you boosts that, combined with Baton Pass, wrecked your opponent. As Haruno said, Baton Pass isn't commonly seen in Ubers and as such, very few actually run a counter for it. Add Moody's unpredictability and big luck factor, and you have a pretty good reason to ban it.
The irony is that I thought that ubers was the tier for things that ARE too powerful. But otherwise that makes sense. Thanks.

This isn't about being OP, cause as you said: ubers are OP.
This is more about luck-dependant boost that means an unskilled player can actually win every single game without effort. (I know there is hax but this goes far beyond)

I'm looking for a way to use SToss Mega Kangaskhan without Wish (I want to duplicate my results from simulators in-game). This is what I've come up with:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Parental Bond
Impish nature
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
-Seismic Toss
-Crunch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

This is a variation of the usual Seismic Toss Mega Kangaskhan set. Seismic toss is obvious while Crunch hits ghosts. Rest and Sleep Talk restore HP with the benefit of removing unwanted status conditions. I'm looking for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)