Pokémon Cofagrigus

Status
Not open for further replies.
252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 104-124 (32.5 - 38.7%)

Unless you completely forgot Mummy would kill Parental Bond stopping the 2nd hit going off that actually looks solid enough. Given it could simply switch out but far as 1v1's go Cofagrigus has it pretty good.

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 104-124 (32.5 - 38.7%)

Unless you completely forgot Mummy would kill Parental Bond stopping the 2nd hit going off that actually looks solid enough. Given it could simply switch out but far as 1v1's go Cofagrigus has it pretty good.
This.

Cofagrigus could easily nullify Parental Bond hit a will-o-wisp and switch into something else... rendering MK useless.

JMach Even though Hex is weaker to shadow ball, you get a sufficient amount of damage on stab (97.5 power to be exact), and tbh it's more relevant to a Coffy set containing Will-O-Wisp given its chance to be further multiplied.

Last edited:

So he is a counter? I just want to know, for pure curiousness

So he is a counter? I just want to know, for pure curiousness
Hes at least a decent check, IMO. Isn't Crunch the only attack that it even carries that will even damage Cofagrigus?

Edit: Shit, I forgot that bitch learns Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
Hes at least a decent check, IMO. Isn't Crunch the only attack that it even carries that will even damage Cofagrigus?

Edit: Shit, I forgot that bitch learns Sucker Punch.

But remeber if you are a Cofagrigus you will not try to attack him Probably you are going to try to burn him. So that Sucker Punch Does not work

Bu most Kangs Run EQ tho

But remeber if you are a Cofagrigus you will not try to attack him Probably you are going to try to burn him. So that Sucker Punch Does not work

Bu most Kangs Run EQ tho
Yeah, that's true. I was thinking about Focus Blasting Kanga, so Sucker Punch scared me. But the Calcs still look good, both are 3HKO's after leftovers, but that's not taking into account that Kanga is likely burned. (Of course you have to realize Parental Bond will be gone too) and with Coffas defense, EQ would likely be around a 3 Or 4HKO, since Parental bond is gone.

Idk, I think it looks good for our coffin friend when he can go toe-to-toe with Mega-Kang.

Yeah, that's true. I was thinking about Focus Blasting Kanga, so Sucker Punch scared me. But the Calcs still look good, but are 3HKO's after leftovers, but that's not taking into account that Kanga is likely burned. (Of course you have to realize Parental Bond will be gone too) and with Coffas defense, EQ would likely be around a 3 Or 4HKO, since Parental bond is gone.

Idk, I think it looks good for our coffin friend when he can go toe-to-toe with Mega-Kang.

Yeah He is amazing. Burning Is a -1 or -2?

Nope. Kang uses Crunch, Mummy activates, but Crunch is still gonna hit twice for the first attack.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 156-186 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

After that, it does this:

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 104-124 (32.5 - 38.7%) -- 4.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And once it's burned...

252+ Atk burned Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 52-62 (16.2 - 19.3%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

Meaning that Cofagrigus can burn it, but it can't do much else, facing a decent chance of being 3HKO'd. (Guaranteed with rocks up, and even having a chance to 2HKO with rocks)

Yes, burning Kangaskhan is pretty good, but if they have a cleric handy and your Cofagrigus is what you were depending on as a psuedo-counter, well...

Nope. Kang uses Crunch, Mummy activates, but Crunch is still gonna hit twice for the first attack.

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 156-186 (48.7 - 58.1%) -- 52% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 104-124 (32.5 - 38.7%) -- 4.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And once it's burned...

252+ Atk burned Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 52-62 (16.2 - 19.3%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

Meaning that Cofagrigus can burn it, but it can't do much else, facing a decent chance of being 3HKO'd. (Guaranteed with rocks up, and even having a chance to 2HKO with rocks)

Yes, burning Kangaskhan is pretty good, but if they have a cleric handy and your Cofagrigus is what you were depending on as a psuedo-counter, well...

That is still pretty good

While gimmicky, note that I've had good success using Cofagrigus to set up Rain Dance. Also, you have a typo: Golurk learns SR and can thus spin and set hazards in addition to Froslass and Cofag.

And once it's burned...

If you WoW on the turn they Crunch, wouldn't it then be like, 6HKO? Focus blast will 3HKO Kanga. Of course then you have to worry about Sucker Punch, but that isn't much more than Crunch, right? I did the Calcs earlier, and I should have posted them, but it's a pain on my phone, lol.

Edit: Does Mummy wear off on the switch? If it does than a smart opponent would probably switch out. If we expect a switch, set up a layer of toxic spikes. :P

In what world does cofagrigus have focus blast? It isn't a counter. Who uses cofagrigus in ubers anyway?

We are no talking about Ubers, Just a curious conversation.

Either way Focus Blast maybe good for a trick room set (?)

Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Will-o-Wisp

Maybe that could work?

In what world does cofagrigus have focus blast? It isn't a counter. Who uses cofagrigus in ubers anyway?
Oh damn... You're right. Okay, yeah. Gofagrigus is definitely not a solid counter to Kanga. All it's got for fighting moves is Hidden Power. And obviously nobody will be using Cofa in Ubers. It was a simply a theoretical question asked earlier. But yeah, it's a pretty bad counter to Kanga. Burn, mummify, maybe Toxic Spikes if you expect a switch. Then switch out to something slightly better equipped.

Really? I have never used Cofagrigus, thats why I thought it did.
That was my bad bro, I didn't look up its moves before I said it. I simply assumed because a lot of other ghosts get it.

Anyway, I do have a question: is there any other items that Cofa can take advantage of besides Leftovers? Im the ghost gym leader at an upcoming con and my leftovers slot is taken by subseeding Gourgiest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)