"Worst Pokémon Ever"

Speed of 113 and throw on a mega. Aero went from 130 to 150 so that's 130.4 base stats to out speed and even if it is Ice Shard he's only mono grass so it wont completely destroy him. And no I don't think they're going to make an ice version of Pursuit to keep him from just switching out.
I was still going with the Grass/Dragon idea but if he was to stay mono grass then you're right

I can't stand Chesnaught.

Design: It looks like someone kicked a football player in the naughty parts.

Competitive: Poor-Man's Breloom with a gimmicky protect.

In-Game Use: Without Bulletproof it's god awful, and a punishment to anyone who picked the cute Chespin.

I can't stand Chesnaught.

Design: It looks like someone kicked a football player in the naughty parts.

Competitive: Poor-Man's Breloom with a gimmicky protect.

In-Game Use: Without Bulletproof it's god awful, and a punishment to anyone who picked the cute Chespin.
You know there are more tiers than where Breloom is used.

While we're at it let's make a mega kyogre with permanent drizzle with a signature move called "flood" which is a 100% accurate OHKO move!!!

No but seriously talking about unreleased megas is a stupid idea lol.

To get some more discussion going: Which is worse, publicly hated or just forgotten?
Forgotten is worse IMO. There are pokemon like Ariados and Ledian who plain out suck and nobody likes.

You know there are more tiers than where Breloom is used.
Yeah, like UU, where I believe he is a threat.

I still don't believe this makes him likable.

Conkeldurr? He is good enough in the Meta for me to not hate him with a burning passion. Chesnaught has naught a reason for me to like him.

I might get lynched for this but fuck it.

I HATE with a passion Charizard. Easily the most overrated POS in the world. Regular Charizard is awful competatively. All you need to do is throw a pebble at it and its dead. Everyone and their mother picked him as their starter. Despite some pokes needing a better mega they gave this fucker 2 megas. Y keeping it's awful typing while nerfing weather. X looks like the flames are slobber. Going back to Gen 1 GF pissed everyone off by not making him a dragon and people bitched until we got a mega with one.

Also for the overrated reason I hate Blaziken. Not as much but still not a fan at all.
I never even liked Charizard from a design standpoint =/

Awkwardly long slender neck on top of a chubby stomach. Tiny knobbly limbs that are somehow smaller than its prevolutions...

Throw in the fact that it's a fan-favorite that got TWO mega evolutions and I'm really irritated. Seriously Gamefreak? Why are you showing such blatant favoritism for starters? I assume the rest of the starters will get their Megas in time, but Charizard will forever have two and that just really bothers me.

^Probably GF caved into the demands of rabid Zard fanboys and gave it two.

That being said, while I don't hate Zard, I kinda find Charmeleon to be infinitely cooler. It seems sleeker and it has a color scheme I like better. If Zard were more like Charmeleon I'd like it a lot more.

My nomination for worst would be Snover. Tried twice with two different move-sets and I found by the time it evolved I had completely lost sympathy for its type weaknesses and the patience to pretend otherwise.

These include (but are not limited to :P) x2 fighting / x2 flying / x2 poison / x2 rock / x2 bug / x2 Steel and wait for it ... the Candy Crush level 252 bonus... x4 FIRE.

It is such a shame as I really enjoy grass pokemon and ice moves, however, both combined is a little ridiculous. It has a decent TM pool and an OK natural move pool. I just think 7 weaknesses on one pokemon is a bit excessive and really makes it hard to keep him in your team (or consider using him competitively).

Although, once he evolves to abomasnow BST increase from 334 to 594 is quite impressive, however it still retains 7 natural weaknesses which at times can be too hard to manage

My nomination for worst would be Snover. Tried twice with two different move-sets and I found by the time it evolved I had completely lost sympathy for its type weaknesses and the patience to pretend otherwise.

These include (but are not limited to :P) x2 fighting / x2 flying / x2 poison / x2 rock / x2 bug / x2 Steel and wait for it ... the Candy Crush level 252 bonus... x4 FIRE.

It is such a shame as I really enjoy grass pokemon and ice moves, however, both combined is a little ridiculous. It has a decent TM pool and an OK natural move pool. I just think 7 weaknesses on one pokemon is a bit excessive and really makes it hard to keep him in your team (or consider using him competitively).

Although, once he evolves to abomasnow BST increase from 334 to 594 is quite impressive, however it still retains 7 natural weaknesses which at times can be too hard to manage
#1 reason I had an Abomasnow in Diamond, I thought Snover looked cute. But yeah ice grass is never going to be a safe typing.

Castform could have been a very flexible weather team element or possibly the axis of duel weather teams. Instead, it's 70/70/70/70/70/70 and just the first pokemon to use weather ball. An amazing concept of a gimmick, gone.

Castform could have been a very flexible weather team element or possibly the axis of duel weather teams. Instead, it's 70/70/70/70/70/70 and just the first pokemon to use weather ball. An amazing concept of a gimmick, gone.
Castform was made solely to showcase the weathers. It's a pathetic joke 'Mon, with worthless stats, and a very very shallow move pool. Add the fact that it looks like a living nut sac, and I just can't take it seriously. It can use Weather Ball, yes, but both Victreebel and Roserade can do it infinitely better.

Asek

Banned deucer.
My nomination for worst would be Snover.
How could you hate such a cute and individual pokemon :(

My nomination for worst would have to be phione. I think it has got to be the most forgotten about pokemon since Stantler, and it has 0 Competitive use. 80 Base Stats across the board just don't cut it in game or competitively, it doesn't take hits well enough or hit hard enough to justify usage anywhere. When you factor in the fact that it can't even evolve into its parent pokemon, manaphy I think Phione is a solid contender for the worst pokemon in the game

My nomination for worst would have to be phione. I think it has got to be the most forgotten about pokemon since Stantler, and it has 0 Competitive use. 80 Base Stats across the board just don't cut it in game or competitively, it doesn't take hits well enough or hit hard enough to justify usage anywhere. When you factor in the fact that it can't even evolve into its parent pokemon, manaphy I think Phione is a solid contender for the worst pokemon in the game
As an ice type, Glalie would be worse... if it didn't get moody. It gets 80 x 6 stats but atleast it can get better stats. Moody got banned because it's a bit of an exploit but atleast in game or outside the smogon rule he has some possible use. Phione has bad stats, here's Hydration, no tail glow for you, drizzle just got nerfed.

And yet it's still banned in VGC... Gamefreak logic.

And yet it's still banned in VGC... Gamefreak logic.
They ban all the event pokemon. If you consider that most people will never have them, it kind of makes sense. Now no one has to watch out for Victini and the people who didn't get the event aren't at what little disadvantage that would have made. And yet Mega-Kangaskhan still hasn't been stopped.

I actually am still working my way through 9 seasons of the anime to bring me back, but I saw a screen on wikipedia for the first widescreen ep that featured Snover. I saw it and thought wow -- a mini-mountain pokemon thats grass/ice.

Concept wise, I appreciate and enjoy it. From a usefulness perspective, in anything other than story-line, I don't have a place for it :*(

We think we need to defend Lumineon to a degree. Sure, it is unremarkable in the main games but at least it is a powerful Pokemon in PMD2 in its own right. It is in one of the two lines that has Storm Drain, that makes the whole team immune to Water moves. Not only that, but for PMD standards, its movepool is unusual in a good way, sporting the solid Water Pulse, Ice Beam and U-Turn, the borderline broken Agility as an egg move, and some unorthodox stuff like Bounce (MAX power and accuracy in PMD, good roadblocker on the AI partner) and Silver Wind, which usually don't appear on Water mons (applied to a monster house, the chance is high that its stats will be raised, including the overpowered speed). Its only competition is Gastrodon, who does not have a useful secondary skill, a meh movepool for PMD standards and a godawful stat progression, which actually makes it easily replaced post main-story by Lumineon.

Also, it's pretty, especially the shiny one. Thas kind of argument does not seem have a lot of impact here, that is just our opinion.

We think we need to defend Lumineon to a degree. Sure, it is unremarkable in the main games but at least it is a powerful Pokemon in PMD2 in its own right. It is in one of the two lines that has Storm Drain, that makes the whole team immune to Water moves. Not only that, but for PMD standards, its movepool is unusual in a good way, sporting the solid Water Pulse, Ice Beam and U-Turn, the borderline broken Agility as an egg move, and some unorthodox stuff like Bounce (MAX power and accuracy in PMD, good roadblocker on the AI partner) and Silver Wind, which usually don't appear on Water mons (applied to a monster house, the chance is high that its stats will be raised, including the overpowered speed). Its only competition is Gastrodon, who does not have a useful secondary skill, a meh movepool for PMD standards and a godawful stat progression, which actually makes it easily replaced post main-story by Lumineon.
I remember those old PMD games, where crap moves became shockingly great (Teleport, Splash, PMD2 gave me a new appreciation for Sing) but everything good about MD died with Gates to Infinity.

V-WHEEEEEEEEELLLLL

I remember those old PMD games, where crap moves became shockingly great (Teleport, Splash, PMD2 gave me a new appreciation for Sing) but everything good about MD died with Gates to Infinity.

V-WHEEEEEEEEELLLLL
I just skipped that game. I loved the first two, and am happy I didn't miss out on anything.

EDIT: 5?

I just skipped that game. I loved the first two, and am happy I didn't miss out on anything.

EDIT: 5?
Victini's V-Wheel. It's an unfortunately major aspect of the game.

Also I loved the first two as well, though some of the dungeons & the "self deleting save in the dungeons" thing irked me, though I still loved it.

Honestly, I'm not even sure where to begin for Pokemon I hate. Probably the reason I don't have any, though there's some I'm not as fond of as others. I can't ever decide on an easy favorite or least favorite as well. Though I'm not a huge fan of Barbarcle. Literally, a 4x weakness to Grass is too easy to exploit, and Grass Knot murders it easily. Though I'm a little surprised on what's been mentioned so far.

Cherubi: The (surprise) Cherry Pokemon. As far as lazy uninspired designs go, it doesn't get much lower than this.

It's also somewhat annoying to get in the original D/P, since you have to rely on Honey Trees to find one. Cherrim's Flower Gift ability is also trollish in that it for some reason doesn't raise the user's main attacking stat.

Last edited:

Cherubi: The (surprise) Cherry Pokemon. As far as lazy uninspired designs go, it doesn't get much lower than this.

It's also somewhat annoying to get in the original D/P, since you have to rely on Honey Trees to find one. Cherrim's Flower Gift ability is also trollish in that it for some reason doesn't raise the user's main attacking stat.
Meh, it's worse if a fully evolved pokemon is worthless. Magikarp is bad, we know, but Gyarados is a monster so atleast you get something a couple levels down. Cherrim however...

No good stats, same ability, is only worth looking at in sun (fire is now x4), permanent sun just got nerfed so it has to carry sunny day or always switch out. Atleast it gets weather ball? If you hated Castform as a failed weather gimmick, I guess this makes it look better. If they ever make a water version that changes form in rain I hope they get it right.

Feel free to criticize me, but I think that one of the worst of the worst is...Regigigas. Reasons?

#1: It's gimmicky
For someone like me, who, during Gen III, had no time to do the sidequests to get stuff like the Regis, Regigigas was a bitch. You need all 3 Regis to awaken it, which is especially unfair to people without a DS or DS Lite, as they can't get the stuff up at all. They need to trade with their friends to do that, which, for someone like me with few friends, was impossible. Gen V made it easier, but you still needed friends. Making it the "king of all of the others" was just kinda lame in my opinion; if anything, they should be self-governing. And what kind of king is Normal=type?
#2: Competitive usage is limited
There once was a Pokemon named Single Battle Regigigas. It had its ass handed to it. With the lame ability, it should only be used in Doubles and Triples, and in Singles, it'll be down before the 5 turns are over. In addition, for some reason, Regigigas doesn't even get Rest, which would be amazingly helpful during those first ten minutes.

There are plenty of other reasons, but I can't think of them now. That's just my opinion, but I think it stands.

hi i'd like to post

This dumb motherfucker. (I bet several people just realized that they completely forgot about it too.)
Now, just a couple days ago, I read an interview with Masuda, and he said that the first thing that they go over with a Pokemon design is the world/area they live in. GSC had coral reefs acting as walls to the sea routes and I think Olivine was built on coral or something, so it's not like Corsola exists for no reason.
But I mean... they couldn't at least make it useful? Since you're supposed to battle with Pokemon and all. And this thing's pretty rare, since you have to fish for it in certain places. But its typing, though it makes sense, sucks total dick, especially defensively, which is what this thing is supposed to be. It has a BST of 380. Wow. And I guess it's useful for breeding Rock Blast onto Shellder...? But yet, its movepool is kinda good, and it has two badass abilities. Where the hell is the evolution, Game Freak?
So much wasted potential with this child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)