Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Bounce is way more powerful than Ice Fang. Seriously, what exactly are you trying to hit with that 65 BP?

+1 252+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 280-332 (79 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

Look. It can't even OHKO Gliscor at +1

"The opponent can switch". Yeah, and then get hit by a +1 Waterfall, Seriously, what in OU can switch into Bounce without getting hit hard by Waterfall next turn, besides Rotom-W that takes nothing from Ice Fang anyway? Skarmory? It still takes up to 40% from Waterfall. There's also Mega-Aggron but that's so rare it's not even worth considering.

Also, Flying STAB is great this gen. Seriously, Bonce is just better than Ice Fang. Don't use Ice Fang on DD Gyarados.
Heh, I've never seen someone flip the shit for something like that. But either way, you made your point.

I just saw Confusion on Mr. Mime, and the user justified that they did not use Psychic because Mr. Mime had Technician. Come on.
Well, Confusion may have only 75 Base Power after Technician, but it has a lot more PP (not like that matters) and has a chance to inflict confusion. (Granted, that's a 10% chance so you better be hoping for them hax, but still.)
So yes, it's dumb.

Random Shit volume 51: We're Not Gonna Take It Edition
-Well, this is an interesting way to deal with FEAR, and other bad ideas: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97367311
-Alakazam using Psychic on Hydreigon.
-A Rotom-W player who forfeited after Confuse Ray was reflected by Deoxys-D's Magic Coat.
-Azumarill trying to use Belly Drum twice.
-DD M-Gyarados with Ice Beam and Iron Head.
-Ice Fang normal Manectric.
-Dragonite apparently not realizing Granbull is a Fairy type now. You can probably imagine how that went.
-Azelf thinking it was a paraflincher with T-wave and Extrasensory. Protip: it doesn't work as well without Serene Grace.
-Mega Punch Raichu. Actually, Raichu in general.
-Rapidash.
-Attract Gliscor. It didn't work particularly well.
-Breloom Drain Punching a Dusclops and Dusclops trying to WoW Breloom back (Breloom was, of course, Poison Heal).
-Gulpin.
-This guy's team: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/amethyst-ou-18411
-Gothorita.
-Spheal.
-M-Aggron with Head Smash.
-Scarfed Entei with Extreme Speed. The only reason this isn't terrible is because the event where Entei gets ES makes it run Adamant.
-TPP vs. Metronome: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97389338
-What is this, the Battle Maison? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97389829
-Bronzor.
-Unfeazant.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Can we put battle maison sets on this thread? Or maybe, I may ask the mods if I could make a thread like that.

Anyway, back on topic:

- CM stantler with giga impact, stomp, and protect

-_- FML

Well, Confusion may have only 75 Base Power after Technician, but it has a lot more PP (not like that matters) and has a chance to inflict confusion. (Granted, that's a 10% chance so you better be hoping for them hax, but still.)
So yes, it's dumb.
psybeam on mr. Mime is recommended over psychic because they have the same power after technician+ confusion chance

Specs Landorus isn't terrible, it gets plenty of special moves to abuse Sheer Force. Unless it was Lando-T, in which case it would be odd.
It was regular landorus, but choice specs is so pointless, It barely outdamages life orb, and in return, forces you to be stuck in a move. Depending on what set you use, all of landorus's common moves have immunities. Psychic-dark, Sludge wave-Steel, earth power-flying/levitate, And focus blast-ghost. Getting trapped into one of those moves is awful for the price of a slight increase in power

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
It was regular landorus, but choice specs is so pointless, It barely outdamages life orb, and in return, forces you to be stuck in a move. Depending on what set you use, all of landorus's common moves have immunities. Psychic-dark, Sludge wave-Steel, earth power-flying/levitate, And focus blast-ghost. Getting trapped into one of those moves is awful for the price of a slight increase in power
Isn't Life Orb/Sheer Force just as viable as NidoForce?

I saw a double dancing Pinsir today. But DC, you may say, Pinsir only has one boosting move!

To this I would ask, did you know Pinsir learned iron defense? My opponent did. I'd call it creative, but the use of Close Combat removed any trace of utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)