Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Question - Pokemon Online used to have a pokedex that would cross reference pokemon moves. For example, I could enter the moves "Taunt" and "Stealth Rock" and it would spit out Aerodactyl, Deoxys, etc. You could specify type, stats, etc. Very useful for building teams.

I downloaded the newest release and the pokedex button is greyed out - what gives? How can I access this feature on pokemonOnline or some other system that works equally well?
In addition to what the others said, http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search is also a useful searching tool, and has a bit more of a friendly GUI

For example: http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/searc...olution_position=last&evolution_position=only

It learns Drill Run by breeding with Beedrill, Forretress, or Pineco. It only gets knock off by transfer, so if that won't work for you, i'd suggest Drill Run/Megahorn/Iron Head/(Poison Jab, Aerial Ace, or X-Scissor) on an assault vest set. It's hard to do w/out Knock Off, so I may consider using leftovers so that you can use Swords Dance instead.
Getting Knock Off and Drill Run on Escavalier in Gen6 is a bit annoying, but you have it in reverse. Megahorn is also an egg move; Escavalier does not get it by level up.

Knock Off: egg move from Gligar evo-line (Gligar learns it at level 10), egg move from Skorupi evo-line (Skorupi learns at level 5) but Skorupi/Drapion is available only through transfer, tutor move in B2/W2.
Drill Run: egg move from Beedrill, Pineco, or Forretress... but they must have learned it from the move tutor in B2/W2. They do not learn it by level-up. Also, Drill Run was not an egg move in gen5.
Megahorn: egg move from Scolipede or Heracross.

So you have to transfer a male Beedrill, Pineco, or Forretress from gen5 which learned Drill Run by move tutor. (Beedrill can also learn Knock Off by move tutor.) Then breed the Drill Run male with a female Escavalier/Karrablast to get Drill Run. If you do not use a Beedrill with Knock Off, then breed a resulting female Karrablast with Drill Run with a male Gligar with Knock Off. Then finally you can breed that female Karrablast (with Knock Off and Drill Run) with a male Scolipede or Heracross for Megahorn.

There is no way to get Drill Run onto Escavalier without transfering from gen5. (As for the final move Iron Head, Escavalier learns that at level 37. The rest of the set is exclusively egg moves in gen6.)

A standard set for Escavalier (Trick Room or not) is

Escavlier @ Assault Vest
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
IVs: 0 Spd
252 HP/252 Atk
-Iron Head
-Megahorn
-Knock Off
-Drill Run

How good is CeleTran in the current meta as a defensive core?
I've been wanting to try it, but just wanted some opinions before I tried it out
Thanks in advance!

How good is CeleTran in the current meta as a defensive core?
I've been wanting to try it, but just wanted some opinions before I tried it out
Thanks in advance!
I'm not 100% sure. I can't help but think that it was probably hurt by Ghost and Dark attacks getting such a huge buff; Knock Off is a very desirable move this generation, with guys like AV Conk being able to seriously threaten both of them. You're also liable to see, like I said, quite a few Ghost attacks. Heatran doesn't resist either any longer.

im getting whipped by heatran and my team needs stealth rocks support s there any pokemon that can do these jobs for me? a set for it would be helpful

im getting whipped by heatran and my team needs stealth rocks support s there any pokemon that can do these jobs for me? a set for it would be helpful
It's not a super common pick by any means, but if you need a SR-capable Pokemon (Gen 5 move tutor) that can bust through Heatran, Heatproof Bronzong can probably do it. Specially Defensive Heatproof Bronzong is only 5HKO by Lava Plume and 4HKO by Earth Power, and it can both lay your rocks and threaten to 2HKO Heatran with Earthquake outright. If not Heatproof, Lava Plume is still just a 3HKO. (I'm talking about specially defensive Heatran here, though, not a purely offensive set.)

252HP/252SPD/4DEF Sassy nature, Heatproof or Levitate (Levitate is generally better, but Heatproof is better against Heatran), with Gyro Ball/Stealth Rock/Earthquake and your choice of filler move. The only Heatran in the world that's going to beat that is a Specs set.

Ok, below are a few to look into, TTar and hippo are more defensively oriented/utility while terrakion is an offensive one.
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
252 hp/252 spDef sassy
crunch/sr/pursuit/fire blast or ice beam or stone edge

Terrakion @ focus sash/life orb/leftovers/lum berry
252 atk/252 spe jolly
sr/stone edge/close combat/earthquake or taunt

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
252 hp/ 252 sdef careful
sr/slack off/earthquke/rock slide or whirlwind or ice fang

Note that these are only 3(and all despise burn actually) off the top of my head. Some others exist such as Garchomp who can be tailored to be either offensive/defensive.

If you can manage to fit sr into something else though then most bulky water types make excellent heatran checks.

EDIT: Chansey is an excellent option too.

Last edited:
when a Pokemon evolves can it change its ability for example overcoat to magic gaurd sorry last question
if the pokemon and its evolution both share an ability, the ability wont change(overcoat duosion will always evolve into overcoat reuniclus). You can use an Ability Capsule though, provided no hidden abilities are involved(works with overcoat>magic guard reuniclus).

Ability only changes upon evolution if the stage 2(or 3) pokemon has a completely different set of abilities than its pre-evolution.

So Bridgette says that when you transfer pokemon to poke bank, items go to your bag, but that if your bag is full, the items disappear. But...how does your bag fill up? I thought you had unlimited space in your bag?

So Bridgette says that when you transfer pokemon to poke bank, items go to your bag, but that if your bag is full, the items disappear. But...how does your bag fill up? I thought you had unlimited space in your bag?
Not 100% sure, but there are, I believe, some circumstances where you can be unable to add an item to your bag. Say if you have 999x of an item and a Pokemon holds one as well, Banking the Pokemon would probably delete that item instead of putting it in your bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)