Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the guy who uses Poison Jab Ferrothorn, Razor Shell / Hydro Cannon Samurott, Force Palm Mienshao and Unfezant seems to think that Low Kick Heracross is stupid. Which it is, but... Unfezant? Seriously?
You missed Flame Charge Zebstrika and the fact that he didn't even blink an eye at Fly Hydregion.

>Arcanine with Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Body Slam, and Fire Spin.
Hey...don't bug him too much. That's what my 7 year old self gave Charizard in Red.

I've ran into people using ThunderPunch on Dragonite twice in a row. I mean, really?

Also, in something that fits more, someone was using a defensive Talonflame with Flame Body and Toxic. Read that over a couple times. Let that sink in.

There should be a contest for the shitiest team someone is able to use to defeat a team of 6 Pokemon with. If someone is able to win with a team of Unown / Farfetch'd / Delibird / Spinda / Sunkern / Magikarp please post the replay. I'm sure there is a truly special talent out there somewhere who is capable of losing to such a team.
These are the 2 stuipdest teams I have.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-95845873#_=_
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97699910
Do these need explaining? :P
Edit: just remembered I posted that second replay yesterday. I need better replays XD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-97971408
This is amazing because there's a Masqurain in this. Oh and Clair sweeps XD

Last edited:
I've ran into people using ThunderPunch on Dragonite twice in a row. I mean, really?

Also, in something that fits more, someone was using a defensive Talonflame with Flame Body and Toxic. Read that over a couple times. Let that sink in.
Defensive Talonflame isn't that bad with stuff like priority roost and Tailwind, and Will-o-Wisp.

I didn't save a replay but some time after pokebank was released someone used a physical LATIAS! It had Sucker Punch/Hone Claws/Zen Headbutt/Outrage... Physical latis are bad enough. He didnt have to use the set on a latias.

I didn't save a replay but some time after pokebank was released someone used a physical LATIAS! It had Sucker Punch/Hone Claws/Zen Headbutt/Outrage... Physical latis are bad enough. He didnt have to use the set on a latias.
Actually, if you want to use a physical Lati with priority for whatever reason, Latias is your only option. After all, Latios does not learn Sucker Punch.

And now for some meta silliness: (Not metagame silliness, but silliness that's meta.)

Meloetta learns Hone Claws and not Swords Dance. First off, does she even have claws to sharpen? Secondly, she's a dancing Pokémon! So why is her only dance move Teeter Dance?

Celebi learns Aerial Ace and Cut, but does not get X-Scissor, Leaf Blade, Acrobatics, Shadow Claw, or any other move that might appear to utilise a similar method of attack. What sort of weapon are you using that you can perform the Turning Swallow Cut and not any of those other moves?

Silly Game Freak is silly.

Last edited:

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I know. I'm just saying that defensive Talonflame can work.
I feel like bringing calcs into this will solve everything, because 78/71/69 defenses just don't fix it for me.

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 290-344 (80.5 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Priority roost won't fix that dent. Even if gyarados does get burned, there's still room for special calcs.

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 324-384 (90 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Slap a beneficial nature on Keldeo, and Talonflame wastes all its bulk for an OHKO

Sure, W-o-W and priority roost/tailwind is nice, but talon flame should stay banded.

I just found the greatest set I've ever seen.

Shedinja @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 HP (For Maximum Health...) / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit

Shedinja's great at forcing switches, right? Well, now you can put it to using, incurring a whopping ONE DAMAGE on shedinja's counter, enabling your army of U-Turning bugs to come and and take advantage of their weakened counter.

... well, at least you might be able to stall them out of battle timeout by making them laugh too hard.

I couldn't save a replay of this, but my Johto Leader team (Scizor, Piloswine, Miltank, Gengar, Kingdra and Pidgeot) was down to Miltank, and she swept. I am not kidding. Rollout is brutal XD

I feel like bringing calcs into this will solve everything, because 78/71/69 defenses just don't fix it for me.

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 290-344 (80.5 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Priority roost won't fix that dent. Even if gyarados does get burned, there's still room for special calcs.

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 324-384 (90 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Slap a beneficial nature on Keldeo, and Talonflame wastes all its bulk for an OHKO

Sure, W-o-W and priority roost/tailwind is nice, but talon flame should stay banded.
These calcs don't make any sense. Of course Talonflame isn't walling Keldeo or Gyarados, because they're water types. And Talonflame is a fire type. That's like saying this:

252+ Atk Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 376-448 (106.2 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

"Nope. Gliscor can't work as a wall."

Are you sure? That makes absolutely no sense.
It's always the cute ones, isn't it?

Also, if you are using physical Lat@s, at least give it Dragon Dance...
Of the two, only Latias gets Sucker Punch, and only Latios gets Dragon Dance. Game Freak be trollin'.

Also, off-topic comment:
Also, is it just me or is Celebi's name a mis-romanised French phonetic pun? "Celevi" is also a perfectly legitimate romanisation, and phonetically "Celevi" happens to approximate "C'est la vie", the French version of the English expression "That's life". Seems fitting for a Time Travel Pokémon and Guardian of the Forest, does it not? I mean, basically everyone's had the following conversation at least once in their life:

Person A: "I should have done X, but I didn't and Y happened."

Person B: "Eh, that's life."

So yeah, Celebi = Celevi = C'est la vie = That's life. Celebi for punniest Legendary 2014! (Or 1999, maybe...)

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
These calcs don't make any sense. Of course Talonflame isn't walling Keldeo or Gyarados, because they're water types. And Talonflame is a fire type. That's like saying this:

252+ Atk Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 376-448 (106.2 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

"Nope. Gliscor can't work as a wall."
The fuck then? You want me to use fire types?

252+ Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame: 85-101 (23.6 - 28%) -- 89.4% chance to 4HKO

"TALONFLAME IS THE BEST WALLER!"

achievement get!: status all the things!
overdo status by carrying thunder wave, toxic wil-o-wisp, and swagger on your sableye and then attempt to use them all on the same Pokemon, blissey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)