Adventure Melody- [An XY OU Balanced Offense Team] (Current Peak: 1311 ELO {W-L-T: 28-19-1})

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

Introduction

Hello Smogon. For those who do not know me, this is only my 2nd RMT ever aside from an old one called "Victory Garden" back in gen 5. But yes, I'm back, some brief info on me: I've been lurking for a lot more than I've had an account, I like to analyze stuff A LOT so be expecting a lot of TL;dr edits soon, ,I love testing around with VIABLE unique -not used very much- threats that and I love Adventure time. All of the above have a lot to do with this RMT so be prepared. I like to theme my teams around something so I chose something I'd doubt someone else would do: Adventure time songs. Get ready to have to look up 6 songs just because I chose those song names for pokemon names!

I would describe the playstyle of this team as "balanced" but leaning more into offense. This team attempts to have multiple checks to every threat in the OU metagame while providing easy and clear targets for supporting pokemon to nuke until it's ready for a clean by either, Mega-Gyara, Weavile or Victini (or even something else, who knows?)

At a Glance
@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@

Teambuilding process
@
||
@

Weavile | Victini
Yes, so here comes the truth, this team was originally built around Lum SD weavile and LO Victini, Why? It's literally because I wanted a strong nice ice type with the ability to nuke, and nobody can deny +2 knock off isn't a nuke in this metagame, and Victini generally provided nice pivoting into Mega-Saur and proved very unpredictable due to me choosing the special set and popping rotom-w with LO modest psychic. Overall these were 2 unprepared for threats in the metagame and I wanted to see how they could fare.
@
||
@
||
@

Weavile | Victini | Deoxys-S
Quickly I found myself desperate for a choice scarf user in order to revenge kill top threats or even a priority abuser, but then I decided "fuck it, I'll use the one thing people will never expect: Deo-S with no SR" And from then on Superpower, Knock Off, Psycho Boost, Ice beam and whatever slots I alternated became LO nukes at my disposal to revenge kill whatever I wanted.

@
||
@
||
@
||
@

Weavile | Victini | Deoxys-S | Breloom
Scraping out for good Rotom-W checks/Counters I decided to see what else besides latias and mega saur could handle it well. And eventually I found it: Poison Heal Breloom. Now you may be asking- why the fuck would you ever use poison heal over technician, and here's my answer: Breloom instantly becomes an insta WOW, scald and rotom-w counter as soon as toxic orb activates, it also lets it not worry about getting burned for the rest of the game and it also lets it recover at a really nice pace.

@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@

Weavile | Victini | Deoxys-S | Breloom | Zapdos
So basically, I needed nice Talonflame, Thundurus, Mega Pinsir and tons of other SpAttacker checks, and I found it in LO pivot dos. LODos is able to fire off strong thunderbolts, have nice amount of HP investment to live what it's supposed to check (like pinsir after SR for example) and not only that but have 2 niches over it's competition(Bulky Thundy-I and Rotom-W): Roost over both, giving it able recovery at a moments notice and Flying type instead of levitate in Rotom's case, which actually lets it not be bait for mold breaker Pinsir's EQ pre-mega. That and it's amazing stats. Not only that but I have a certain strong hidden power to dispatch bulky grasses and other threats(this HP even 2HKoes gliscor w/o SE!)

@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@
||
@

Weavile | Victini | Deoxys-S | Breloom | Zapdos | Gyarados-Mega
And in the end, this is what the team looked like. SO to explain the changes: I added DDTaunt Mega-Gyara with EQ to lure and set up on standard Rotom-w and it was really effective as steamrolling most unprepared teams, and most of the time it cleaned with little to no damage. And I was finding lum berry to be pretty weak on Weavile so I swapped items for Icicle Plate letting it's Ice Shard pick off things it was edging on before. I may change it to LO Weavile and SubDD Gyara-M in the future however

In Depth
So you've all seen the team from teambuilding stance and from a glance, but how does it REALLY look? Well you're about to find out
. . .
(changes over time in bold)

Little Girl (Weavile) (F)
@
/

Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance | Ice Shard | Ice Punch / Low Kick | Knock Off

"I know you just wanna' give your little girl the world.
But daddy I'm not just your little girl!
I've got my own life
I've got my own plans.
I hope you understand and like the way that I am.- Marceline the Vampire Queen ~ Little Girl"

OverviewThe all star of the team, right in the front. Anyways, Weavile is extremely nice to have in this metagame imo, the sheer number of things just checked by Ice Shard alone is important:
  • 252+ Atk Icicle Plate Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 140-168 (51.4 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Icicle Plate Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 218-260 (72.6 - 86.6%) -- guerenteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Icicle Plate Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 340-408 (94.9 - 113.9%) -- almost guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Icicle Plate Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 170-204 (52.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Multiscale Break
  • 252+ Atk Icicle Plate Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 102-120 (34.2 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • etc
But Ice Shard isn't the real nuke, it's just a safety net for faster threats, the real threat is KNOCK OFF. Knock off provides you with such an annoying nuke that even phys def Rotom-w has a good chance to be OHKOed if switching into LO or dread plate variants at +2( (96.7 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO)! CB Scizor takes a HUGE chunk ( (83.1 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 12% prior damage), Heatran is getting busted open ( (105.4 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO) and who knows what happens to the rest of OU. Ice Punch is generally there for cleaning up things like Zapdos, Sdef Mega Saur, Charizard Y(which dies to +2 Ice Punch w/ LO or Icicle Plate w/o rocks btw) and etc.

Top 3 things to watch out for when using this
  • - Talonflame is a huge threat, not even jolly variants of this set can outspeed max+ speed CB talonflame and avoid the OHKO from Brave bird. THe best way to play around it is to Pivot in and out of Zapdos and Gyara and if worst comes to worse, just assume be ballsy it's not jolly CB and nuke it with Knock Off or Ice Shard @ +2. ( Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 234-277 (78.5 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
  • - Keldeo resists both your stabs, simple enough? to make it worse it basically gets 90/90 physical bulk and a move that will cut you into thin slices of ice: Secret Sword. Scarf Varaints will always win unless you it's sevrely weakened and you go for ice shard. Specs sets cannot switchin once weavile has set up however, +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 233-274 (72.1 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery , and a following Ice Shard could easily pick it off, so choose your pivots carefully with this threat, the main goal with keldeo is to weaken it, not go balls first, assume it's specs, and hope for a crit +2 LO knock off.
  • - Mega Scizor freely switches in and out of this thing due to awesome bulk, roost and the typing to take weavile's hits, and having knock off capped at 65 BP. However if you do have a boost under your belt, this can become problomatic for opposing Scizor-Megas to switch in: If they're offensive they can KO with BP but they take way too much damage from LO +2 252+ Knock Off + Ice Shard(+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 214-253 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO + Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 66-78 (19.1 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO + Prior Damage). However defensive variants have over 50% chance to KO you with Bullet Punch and don't die to the combo of Ice Shard + Knock Off, they don't like switching in in more than 1 scenario: +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Scizor: 164-192 (47.6 - 55.8%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO
Alternative Options
  • As Primary item in order to get more overall power
    Done and made official
  • Jolly over Adamant to get faster, out prioritizing, Ice Shards and Faster Nuke-Offs.

What Am I to you? (Victini)
@

Ability: Victory Star

EVs: 252 Spd / 184 SAtk / 72 HP
Modest Nature
Blue Flare | Psyshock | Glaciate | Focus Blast
"What am I to you:
What am I to you?
I am I a joke, your knight or your brother?
What am I to you?
Do you look down on me 'cause I'm younger? - Finn the Human ~ What Am I to you "

Overview
When it comes to nuking, Victini will make you realize you don't even know the first thing about it. Victini, imo, right now is one of the most unpredictable wall breakers in OU due to Blue Flare/V-Create being so stupidly powerful alone or mixed. Not only that but Victini has the bulk and Coverage to not only run the typical Scarf and CB physical sets everybody expects, but to run special sets like these. Not going to lie right now, When I saw Victini I thought it was going to be near useless compared to scarf chandalure or other fire types as a special attacker, but back in gen 5, I learned this was not true at all, Victini's Blue Flare going not nerfed this gen was quite the blissful surprise I must say. This allowes Victini to rip out niches as one of the strongest special attackers in OU right now:
  • 184+ SpA Life Orb Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 173-204 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 142-169 (35.1 - 41.8%) -- 82% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Manaphy: 149-177 (36.8 - 43.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
The calc of manaphy on the last one was because Shadow Ball is SE on mew so I used something that would track equivalent damage. The spread is to maximize power, speed and bulk at the same time. Giving Victini extra HP to throw around when switching in and out of things, also letting it live certain priority moves. Psychic/Psyshock really comes down on what you want to hit: Phys Def Rotom-W/Most of the time hit harder or Sdef Rotom-W/Goodra. No joking. (and yes psyshock DOES nab the 2HKO on standard Goodra w/o SR) The last slots are Focus Blast and glaciate, which I would say, are apart of why special Vic is worth using: Glaciate lets Victini surprise a lot of would-be switchins, for instance, Dragonite, a very solid check to standard Victini, dies to 2 glaciates (mostly due to multiscale breaking), Chomp loses it's speed tier over you (if it doesn't die to the first glaciate I mean), Latios gets clean 2HKOd and outsped and more. Focus Blast is very key here, FOcus blast is your best option against tran and ttar making it very crucial you use it as a lure to make those 2 switch in, just don't go firing off focus blast's to watch a 1% rotom-w die when you could have even used glaciate because it would alert the foe.

• - Bulky Latias is a problem, Glaciate doesn't 2HKO 252 HP latias and it can keep recycling it's calm minds and recovers to annoy you. A LOT. Not much to say here other than if it takes less than 48% from Glaciate, don't try beating it. If it takes 48%+ you can try, but it's very risky.
  • @
    - Chople Tyranitar can often take 1 Focus Blast and ruin Victini's life due to it's high power STABs and pursuit.
  • - Rotom-W walls this set depending on what variant of psychic you use and what Rotom variant it is. If it's physically defesnive, psyshock variants lose, but if it's specially defensive, psychic variants lose.

Most of Victini's checks are simple so this list was kind of short and odd.

Alternative Options
  • As Primary item in order to get more pivoting power
  • Different, more standard spreads like 252/252/4
Bacon Pancakes (Zapdos)
@

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 72 Spd / 252 SAtk / 184 HP
Modest Nature
Thunderbolt | Defog | Roost | Hidden Power [Flying]
"Bacon Pancakes:
Bacon Pancakes,
makin' Bacon Pancakes.
'Take some bacon and you put it in a pancake.
Bacon Pancake,
that's what it's gonna' MAAAAAKE.- Jake The Dog ~ Bacon Pancakes"

Overview
I cannot lie about how damn good Zapdos is right now. The fact that it gets such good offensive and defensive stats and typing at the same time is amazing, especially with firing off strong HP flyings to break switch ins like Mega Saur. 72 Speed EVs si to creep uninvested base 100s and lower, or even minimal invested ones like Sdef Celebi. Roost provides the main backbone to the reason to use LO Zapdos, and clearly sets it apart from the competition. Heat Wave provides very good safety nets to top steel type pokes in this metagame such as Mega Mawile, Scizor, and Bisharp. And STAB Thunderbolt coming from Zapdos's beast special attack hits EXTREMELY hard in this meta with few ground types that can tango with HP Flying Zapdos. Zapdos is very crucial to this team's balance, it provides me a consistent check to things like Mega Pinsir, Thundurus and Mega Venusaur while providing much needed offensive pressure for a pivot on this team. SOme calcs to support my claims:
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 188-222 (44.7 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 234-276 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 174-205 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 141-167 (38.4 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 157-186 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 246-290 (82 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 164-192 (41.6 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Flying vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 156-185 (43.5 - 51.6%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 142-168 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • etc

• - Latias, again, is a problem. It can soak any of my hits, precede to nuke me with draco or set up all over me with calm minds. I can usually use this, however, as a bait for Weavile to get a free SD up while latias switches.
  • - Chansey proves to be an extreme nuisance when you really try to do anything with Dos, however T-wave variants get get heavily stalled out of seismic for later scenarios for other SpAttkers on my team due to pressure. Roost also makes dealing with Chansey a lot easier, but at the end of the day, it's pretty much unavoidable.
  • - Tyranitar can easily soak up Thunderbolt for a nice and easy 30-40% and precede to stone edge you, however you can attempt to roost stall ttar with pressure out of stone edges and then win the stall war with repeated Tbolts, this takes a VERY high level of skill and prediction to pull off however. Other than that, Mega Tar gets free DDs on you, AV ttar doesn't care about anything you try to peck at it with and it's just generally best to switch to Breloom.

Alternative Options

• As Primary item in order to get more survivability.
  • Defog is a HUGE consideration right now due the fact that I don't really use hazards and stuff like SR can really mess with this team's main offensive core(Weavile/Victini/Gyara) but I don't know what to ditch. HP flying is the kicker of this set and is only 10 BP less than heat wave on average, however Heat Wave is key for beating stuff like Mega Maw(tbolt can do it but it's not as threatening to it) and AV Bisharp. However Tbolt and Roost are staples on this set and are not options for being taken off the set.Attempted and Made Official. Done.

Hero Boy (Breloom)
@

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 Spd / 252 Atk / 244HP
Adamant Nature
Spore | Drain Punch | Seed Bomb | Mach Punch / Bulk Up
"This isn't how I go
I'm gonna kill it
I'm gonna kick life's butt!!- Finn the human ~ Hero Boy"

Overview
Ah, the underrated threat, Breloom, and the even more underrated set, POISON HEAL Breloom. PH Breloom is by far one of the greatest checks to Rotom-W in this metagame and Scald in general. Poison Heal lets Breloom get a Leftiesx2 recovery and an immunity to status post-orb-activation. Not only that but it resists scald and both of Rotom-w's stab, proving how easily it walls the 2 things, while being immune to the burn side effect of facing off with those 2. Drain Punch is really good imo because it lets Breloom handle so much more things with being able to heal up with Drain Punch + PH in one turn making it recovery around ~30% on an average OU target. It's also an emergency TWave answer in case Zapdos can't afford to absorb Twaves. SPeaking of Zapdos, Breloom and it's synergy together is remarkable. Being able to take each others checks really well. Breloom is also great because it's non Saur-Mega counters get insta slept by spore making it all the more difficult to check. Mach Puch gives you the option to handle things like boosted Ice Punch DDtar in a pinch however Bulk Up is a nice way to slowly set up sweeps of your own.

• - Latias, why is it called "what to watch out for" anymore it should just be called "latias + 2 mons" None the less, handling Latias all depends on the spore slot, if you've wasted your spore slot, good luck handling it, if not, you just have to lure it in, save your spore slot, and catch it right as it switches in.
  • - Mega Venusaur is the ultimate Breloom counter. Immune to spore. Decimates it with poison STAB and can take it's STABs and act like it's nothing. Mega Venusaur is special because simply, it absorbs spore and doesn't give a shit. This is the main problem with it, the best option is to bait and kill it with Breloom --> Deoxys-S switching.
  • - Talonflame is one of the most fucking annoying things on the face of the earth for loom. Priority Acrobatics / Brave Bird means it can't even touch it before Talonflame destroys it. However, spore and Zapdos switching can usually keep Talonflame at a good distance to the point where Breloom is safe.
Alternative Options

• None Yet
Problem (Deoxys-Speed)
@

EVs: 252 SpA / 184 Atk / 72 Spe
Naughty Nature
Psycho Boost
| Superpower | Knock Off | Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunderbolt
"Sorry I don't treat you like a Goddess,
is that what you want me to do?
Sorry I don't treat you like your perfect,
like All Your little Subjects do.
Sorry I'm not made of sugar,
Am I not sweet enough for you?
Is that why you always avoid me?
I must be such an inconvenience to you.- Marceline The Vampire Queen ~ I'm Just Your Problem"

Overview

Problem is quite the fitting name for this beast. Deoxys-S always proves to be a Problem for the opposing team's sweepers, whether it be Mega TTar or Latios, Deo-S can handle it. Deoxys is key to this team because without it, I wouldn't have the nuke, revenge killer and ability to switch up moves all in one pokemon, which Deoxys-SPeed uniquely provides. I personally believe KNock Off is such a strong and good move right now that is is worth giving up stealth rock for in order to revenge things like Latios. Psycho Boost provides me with a nice, strong, nuke button that takes care of things like Rotom-W, Avest Conkeldurr, and others. Superpower gets amazing coverage and is a staple on offensive Deoxys-S however the last slot is easily switched up depending on what you want, if you want the ability to handle Scizor and other steels, HP fire is a nice choice, Ice Beam is the primary choice however, considering how it hits so much threats for niuce strong SE damage, However Thunderbolt is also a last slot option to handle things like Talonflame better. Now Here are some calcs to show some of what deo-s can do:
  • 184+ Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 400-473 (99 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 184+ Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 400-473 (116.9 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 184+ Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 278-328 (92 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
  • 184+ Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 250-296 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 307-361 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 184+ Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 265-312 (101.5 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 330-393 (94 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 226-266 (74.3 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-S Psycho Boost vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 325-383 (109 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • etc

• - Chansey is one huge annoyance, Knock off + Superpower deals a huge chunk and can even OHKO sometimes, but 2 superpowers in a row won't OHKO, ever, and that gives Chansey more time to wish stall, so the best option is to snipe the switch in with Knock Off and then follow it up with Superpower.
  • - Thundurus can be extremely annoying depending on how you handle it. Prankster T-Wave just ruins the entire point of Deoxys-Speed so it's often best to switch in Zapdos to handle it, because once again, Team support is essential to Deoxys-S' role.
  • - Talonflame can often fire off a CB Brave Bired and get rid of Deoxys-S from the battle entirely, so the best option is to pivot into Zapdos or Gyarados and try to fight it off with team support, or if worst comes to worse, pray it's not CB.
Alternative Options

• Stealth Rock over one coverage move for this team to apply greater offensive force
||
Remember You (Gyarados/Mega)
|
@

Ability: Intimidate || Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance | Taunt | Waterfall | Earthquake
"But I'm losing myself and I'm afraid your going to lose me too.
This magic keeps me alive but it's making me crazy.
And I need to save you,
But who's going to save me?
Please Forgive me, for whatever I do,
When I don't remember you.- Simon the used to be human / Ice King & Marceline with Vampire Queen ~ Remember You"

Overview
Mega Gyarados is one of the most threatening sweepers in the tier right now to face, the way DD MeGyara works is you DD, luring in checks like Rotom-W, then BAM! Mega evo to Mold Breaker EQ them to death. Mega Gyara quite honestly takes a lot of prediction and tactical use of your move options in order to be effective. Taunt is the real drive here, Taunt lets you play around so much common stall pokes like Skarmory, Chansey, etc. The fact that it's type varies so much between forms lets it easily play extreme mind game with it's foes. Not only that but it's original ability, intimidate, provides it with so much nice set up opportunities. +1 or even +2 EQs can be fired off as mega to easily remove Rotom-W, Latios and other levitators, that and, goddamn it is strong:
  • +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 224-264 (74.1 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 350-414 (115.1 - 136.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 171-202 (51.1 - 60.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +3 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 214-253 (64 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +4 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 256-303 (76.6 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 168-198 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

• - Physically Defensive Mega Scizor is one of the easiest things to pivot into this thing because of the way it can just take hits, roost, set up SDes, defog on +1 gyara and u-turn to deal mad damage, however, the way you can play around this is that you can stay as regular gyara in order to set up on it and then mega up to fire off huge boosted waterfalls.
  • - Thundurus can be extremely annoying depending on how you handle it. Prankster T-Wave just ruins the entire point of setting up, and tbolt often can kill you if your not in the right form at the right time, overall just a problem.
  • - Scarf Keldeo is quite the threat to you once you have mega'd. If you have already mega'd, just try to get 2 DDs in before it can switch in so you can out speed and nuke it with +2 EQ, YOu can however, stay in regular form and you'll be the one beating it due to the way regular gyara can tank ScarfKelds STABs like it's nothing.
Alternative Options

• Substitute over Taunt Is a very real consideration to me at this point, but it takews away my ability to set up upon WoW users, nail thundy on the switch with taunt, and phazers. It does, however, offer me protection from Thundurus and other RKers or status users.

Closing Statement, Shout outs and Importable
So that's it guys, I hope you enjoyed reading my RMT and have some good advice! At the very least WATCH ADVENTURE TIME IF YOU HAVEN'T ESPECIALLY SEASON 5 MY GOD THE FEELS.
lol, jk, I appreciate y'all just for reading, it's the least one could do :]

. . .
  • CTC - for being CTC
  • Turtwig - for eating it up
  • Users on the ladder for making me adjust my team
  • aim for inspiring me to use Special Victini last gen and making me fall in love with it
  • The Other Metagames community, for making me somewhat more of a creative person
  • Leafshield for helping greatly on the team's progress by group laddering with me on PS to test what works and what flops

. . .

Code:
What am I to you? (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 184 SAtk / 72 HP
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Glaciate

Little Girl (Song) (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Hero Boy (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 HP / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Spore
- Mach Punch

Problem (Deoxys-Speed) @ Life Orb
EVs: 184 Atk / 252 SAtk / 72 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

Bacon Pancakes (Zapdos) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Remember You (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Threatlist-
How it works-
I will post the pokemon that can handle it and I explain why briefly next to it if necessary

Top Threats to this team:
Charizard- I'd hate to generalize Megas, but Charizard is a threat for the exact reason that you don't know what MegaZard it is immediately so it's a huge guessing game, making it quite unpredictable and threatening. Deo-S can revenge Zard-X sometimes, otherwise Gyara has to check Zard-X, Zard-Y however, has to be emergency dealt with Deo-S at the worst. Zard-Y however, can be handled by Psyshock Victini but it's a risky check due to how powerful Modest Zard Y is with it's Fire Blasts, so Assault Vest might fix that.
Thundurus-I- Thundy is such a threat because it can just Twave everything except for Dos/Loom and ruin my day by Lo Tbolting Dos and Psychic/HP-Flying vs Loom, easily making it a top threat to my team. Jolly LO Weavile's Ice Shard outspeeds it so I may consider that.

Mid-Semi Top Threats:TO BE ADDED

Last edited:
This team is fucking stolen. Special Victimi is such a threat right now and it in combination with Weavile make for some devastating offensive presence together.

The LO Deoxys-Speed is a great cover up for a lot of the team's weaknesses, especially Latias when Weavile goes down.

PH Loom <3

The Zapdos is pretty cool since it works really well against flying types that trouble the team otherwise, and in most cases Dos + Weavile beat all offensive Fying types.

Mega Gyara is a sick sweeper and I love our use of it and its naturally good synergy with PH Loom and Tini offensively and defensively.

I can see your thought process shine through in this team and i think it's really solid. Nice work friend :)

Also tfw no shoutout even though I have No reason to get one.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
So an update:

Having a bit of trouble with LO Thundy-I, Boosted Adamant Pinsir and ESPECIALLY MEGA MAWILE. Man, I hate that thing, it just outplays every single pokemon I have and destroyes it through SD/Sucker Punch/Play Rough/Knock Off and it sets up extremely easily on Weavile and co. So quick posting here: I'm thinking of switching Zapdos to this LO Bulky Rotom-H in order to have a better check to those certain pokemon, any thoughts guys?
Bacon Pancakes (Rotom-Heat)
@
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
Thunderbolt / Volt Switch | Overheat| Pain Split | Will-O-Wisp

. . .

Also I have some recent changes I have to announce:
  • I have recently put Defog on Zapdos
  • Also, I put Life Orb as Primary item on Weavile
  • And lastly I put Psyshock as an option/primary move on Victini

Hey cool team.

The first thing I see about this team's problems is the lack of Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is mandatory on every team as it lets you shift the momentum towards your favor if your opponent has SR weak 'mons by forcing them to Defog at one point and making predictions easier. The fact that Excadrill cannot Rapid Spin safely on anything on your team makes this a lethal weapon. Using this over Knock Off on Deoxys-S is your best choice. Knock Off is pretty bad with its frailty and all Deoxys-S need Psycho Boost / Ice Beam / Superpower coverage. Weavile has Knock Off anyways, so you are not losing much though! Stealth Rock should be the last slot. Trying out Heat Wave over Hidden Power [Flying] is a superior option with 64 SpA is a superior option. With 64 SpA, you can OHKO Mega Pinsir with Thunderbolt and Bisharp with Heat Wave after Stealth Rock, the latter being a problem mainly, because Gyarados makes its +2 / +4 Atk --> +3 / +5 depending of Defog support. You should also make Zapdos to a bulkier set. Too many PKMN are being worn down easily on this team because of your reliance on Life Orb. Leftovers with a a standard spread and moving SpD --> SpA is best. Zapdos is probably this teams' most important member due to its ability to counter Mega Pinsir and Talonflame where it needs extra bulk in the long run.

Regarding Mega Gyarados, I would like to see you change Taunt --> Ice Fang. Mega Gyarados should be your "win condition" on this team and carrying Taunt is redundant. Being able to OHKO Garchomp, Lati@s, Togekiss (after SR), and other common stuff is ridiculously useful compared to a redundant Taunt which you only use to set-up on walls. In fact, this team has a ridiculous amount of wall-breaking capabilities, that if you play right, Taunt will even be a waste of a moveslot! Also, use an Adamant Nature over Jolly. The only thing with you are not outpacing is Mega Manectric, Jolteon - lol, Mega Aerodactyl, and Mega Alakazam and all of them are rare in OU and cannot OHKO Gyarados anyways due to its great bulk. The extra power is really useful late-game as you'll greatly miss the power boost provided by an Adamant Nature. For example, +1 Waterfall has an 87.5% Chance to OHKO Mega Tyranitar after Stealth Rock v. 31.3% chance with a Jolly Nature. Another common example is that Rotom-W has 81.2% chance to live a +1 Earthquake (dafuq, no one uses Specially Defensive Rotom-W; your calc is wrong) versus a 25% chance to live with Adamant Nature. With a Jolly Nature, Rotom-W can live EQ and burn your Gyarados making it completely useless. Also, you said Physically Defensive Scizor is problem: Adamant +1 Gyarados has a 50% chance to 2HKO it after Stealth Rock meaning it cannot switch in safely and U-turn only does about 71% damage max, so next time it switches in, it loses.

I am not liking Breloom on this team. It brings a nice check to Rotom-W, but the problem is, it's is compounding your frailty. If you do manage to implement Standard Physically Defensive Zapdos on your team, it will be forced to take most of the hits. You have nothing to take incoming Will-O-Wisps either early game as Breloom's Toxic Orb has not been activated. I highly suggest to use a 'mon that has greater synergy (Breloom has horrible defensive synergy on this team tbh / out of place) and can take status and retaliate with powerful attacks while remaining a powerful threat. PH Breloom --> AV Conkeldurr is a great choice. Its ability to absorb status and use it to its advantage and wall-breaking past everything Mega Gyarados cannot get past like Skarmory (it can't use Roost as Conkeldurr SPAMs Drain Punch) and Manaphy (62.4% min). It also bring nice Special Defense to your side of the field as it can tank many hits and also beat Aegislash which seems like trouble since THE CRUMBLER completely demolished team -- even Mega Gyarados takes 84% damage average from Sacred Sword which is your best switch in.

Other than that, this seems like a great team. Hope I could help! n_n

HTML:
tl; dr (wut does this even stand for -__-)

Deoxys-S
- Stealth Rock > Knock Off
Zapdos
- 248 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpA
- Heat Wave > Hidden Power [Flying]
Mega Gyarados
- Ice Fang > Taunt
- Adamant N. > Jolly N.

Breloom ---> AV Conkeldurr

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Hey cool team.

The first thing I see about this team's problems is the lack of Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is mandatory on every team as it lets you shift the momentum towards your favor if your opponent has SR weak 'mons by forcing them to Defog at one point and making predictions easier. The fact that Excadrill cannot Rapid Spin safely on anything on your team makes this a lethal weapon. Using this over Knock Off on Deoxys-S is your best choice. Knock Off is pretty bad with its frailty and all Deoxys-S need Psycho Boost / Ice Beam / Superpower coverage. Weavile has Knock Off anyways, so you are not losing much though! Stealth Rock should be the last slot. Trying out Heat Wave over Hidden Power [Flying] is a superior option with 64 SpA is a superior option. With 64 SpA, you can OHKO Mega Pinsir with Thunderbolt and Bisharp with Heat Wave after Stealth Rock, the latter being a problem mainly, because Gyarados makes its +2 / +4 Atk --> +3 / +5 depending of Defog support. You should also make Zapdos to a bulkier set. Too many PKMN are being worn down easily on this team because of your reliance on Life Orb. Leftovers with a a standard spread and moving SpD --> SpA is best. Zapdos is probably this teams' most important member due to its ability to counter Mega Pinsir and Talonflame where it needs extra bulk in the long run.

Regarding Mega Gyarados, I would like to see you change Taunt --> Ice Fang. Mega Gyarados should be your "win condition" on this team and carrying Taunt is redundant. Being able to OHKO Garchomp, Lati@s, Togekiss (after SR), and other common stuff is ridiculously useful compared to a redundant Taunt which you only use to set-up on walls. In fact, this team has a ridiculous amount of wall-breaking capabilities, that if you play right, Taunt will even be a waste of a moveslot! Also, use an Adamant Nature over Jolly. The only thing with you are not outpacing is Mega Manectric, Jolteon - lol, Mega Aerodactyl, and Mega Alakazam and all of them are rare in OU and cannot OHKO Gyarados anyways due to its great bulk. The extra power is really useful late-game as you'll greatly miss the power boost provided by an Adamant Nature. For example, +1 Waterfall has an 87.5% Chance to OHKO Mega Tyranitar after Stealth Rock v. 31.3% chance with a Jolly Nature. Another common example is that Rotom-W has 81.2% chance to live a +1 Earthquake (dafuq, no one uses Specially Defensive Rotom-W; your calc is wrong) versus a 25% chance to live with Adamant Nature. With a Jolly Nature, Rotom-W can live EQ and burn your Gyarados making it completely useless. Also, you said Physically Defensive Scizor is problem: Adamant +1 Gyarados has a 50% chance to 2HKO it after Stealth Rock meaning it cannot switch in safely and U-turn only does about 71% damage max, so next time it switches in, it loses.

I am not liking Breloom on this team. It brings a nice check to Rotom-W, but the problem is, it's is compounding your frailty. If you do manage to implement Standard Physically Defensive Zapdos on your team, it will be forced to take most of the hits. You have nothing to take incoming Will-O-Wisps either early game as Breloom's Toxic Orb has not been activated. I highly suggest to use a 'mon that has greater synergy (Breloom has horrible defensive synergy on this team tbh / out of place) and can take status and retaliate with powerful attacks while remaining a powerful threat. PH Breloom --> AV Conkeldurr is a great choice. Its ability to absorb status and use it to its advantage and wall-breaking past everything Mega Gyarados cannot get past like Skarmory (it can't use Roost as Conkeldurr SPAMs Drain Punch) and Manaphy (62.4% min). It also bring nice Special Defense to your side of the field as it can tank many hits and also beat Aegislash which seems like trouble since THE CRUMBLER completely demolished team -- even Mega Gyarados takes 84% damage average from Sacred Sword which is your best switch in.

Other than that, this seems like a great team. Hope I could help! n_n

HTML:
tl; dr (wut does this even stand for -__-)

Deoxys-S
- Stealth Rock > Knock Off
Zapdos
- Heat Wave > Hidden Power [Flying]
Mega Gyarados
- Ice Fang > Taunt
- Adamant N. > Jolly N.

Breloom ---> AV Conkeldurr
Thanks for the rate man!

Ok first of all, the tl;dr thing is bothering me: tl;dr stands for too long don't read.

Second of all, While M-Gyara is my win condition 75% of the time, Taunt is essential to why it's such a threat in the first place. Being able to set up on any cleric, status user, hazard setter, wall, or sweeper(for instance skarm) that can't directly threaten you offensively is frankly, amazing, with Mega Gyara's bulk, also, taunt lets me send off last minute "fuck offs" to clerics and defoggers trying to take advantage of low HP dying status Gyara to do their role. However, I originally did mean to make it adamant, stupid PS spreads defaulted me to jolly. Thanks for catching that.

Second of all, I love the zapdos spread so thanks. However, HP Flying is a must, ESPECIALLY with a defensive spread. The amount of PP and essential venu checking it can provide in emergency situations is key to what makes this team, well, this team, a bunch of emergency checks, pivots, RKers and win conditions. I still will try it out though.

Also, , I'm considering that last change on Deo-S already but still thanks.

Now finally, onto PH Breloom. I'm not very sure on this one at all. AV Conk provides strong checks to stuff like DDtar with no ice punch weakness and non STAB/Psychic Thundy, but it also has problems "tanking" scald from common threats. Plus it has 0 form of recovery, this is essential on a team with no wish passing at all, it also makes it EXTREMELY stupidly easy to take advantage of and wear off especially with a possible burn status. While PH Breloom can heal double the amount of standard passive recovery and literally eliminates Rotom-W as a problem for this team, which is very key to any team in this meta. Also to your status abosrber question: Pre-Orb I let Dos absorb T Waves and Vic absorb WoW.

. . .

HTML:
tl; dr

Deoxys-S
- Stealth Rock ~ Knock Off
Zapdos
Mega Gyarados
- Adamant N. > Jolly N.

Breloom ~ AV Conkeldurr

(~ = maybe)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)