5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I was under the impression that since I just searched for the IVs under those encounter slots it would be PIDRNG frame 1, I'm begging to realize that may be completely wrong.
This means I very likely was on PIDRNG frame 12 unless it's somehow possible to have gotten to 55.
You have overlooked the fact that the starting PID frame is somewhere around the 40-60 range, not 1. There's a button right on the main RNG Reporter window that will tell you the starting frame for the particular seed that you're using. That is the first frame that it's on when you turn the game on, and it increases from there. So yes, you were likely on frame 55.

Also, for your own convenience, search for seeds on IV frame 1. Doing advancements to increase the IV frame only complicates every other step of the process. IV frame advancement is (IMO) sort of an antiquated process that people did before we had as much control over the PID (before Chatot cries were discovered). Now if you ever have trouble finding a seed, you can just search for a higher PID frame.

You have overlooked the fact that the starting PID frame is somewhere around the 40-60 range, not 1. There's a button right on the main RNG Reporter window that will tell you the starting frame for the particular seed that you're using. That is the first frame that it's on when you turn the game on, and it increases from there. So yes, you were likely on frame 55.

Also, for your own convenience, search for seeds on IV frame 1. Doing advancements to increase the IV frame only complicates every other step of the process. IV frame advancement is (IMO) sort of an antiquated process that people did before we had as much control over the PID (before Chatot cries were discovered). Now if you ever have trouble finding a seed, you can just search for a higher PID frame.
It is? Ok... I have no idea what button you're talking about though. I don't see anything that says calculate Starting Frame. The Starting Frame box was already filled in as 1.

Edit: Found the button!

I would have gotten it on IV frame 1 if I could have, but I searched every month in three years and didn't find the IV spread I wanted. I don't think the PID RNG can influence IVs, can it?

Last edited:
It is? Ok... I have no idea what button you're talking about though. I don't see anything that says calculate Starting Frame. The Starting Frame box was already filled in as 1.

I would have gotten it on IV frame 1 if I could have, but I searched every month in three years and didn't find the IV spread I wanted. I don't think the PID RNG can influence IVs, can it?
derp.
you already can hit your iv frame, which means by definition that it doesnt matter in your case.
Anyways, I dont think there are wild npcs in dat area isnt it? , so I suppose It s spinner time lel

derp.
you already can hit your iv frame, which means by definition that it doesnt matter in your case.
Anyways, I dont think there are wild npcs in dat area isnt it? , so I suppose It s spinner time lel
Not necessarily, the advancements needed for the IV frame are interfering with the PID frame. There aren't wandering NPCs in Giant Chasm. What's spinner time lel?

Edit: Does rustling grass advance the PIDRNG?

Edit 2: Caught the Ditto!

Last edited:
So I'm using the 9.96.5 RNG Reporter and I'm trying to catch a shiny Uxie in Black 2. My target seed is 88FF24158BA3E34A and my target frame is 315. My MAC address is 224CBEB0C0. I verify my seed by using the Chatot pitches. I haven't tried capturing the Uxie yet because my pitches don't seem to match what the RNG reporter is stating. I understand that the Timer0s cannot be controlled, I'm just wondering if there is a reason why I can't seem to hit my seed at all? I was able to hit my seed a few days ago trying to capture an Azelf, but I just can't seem to do it with this Uxie. Is it just a case of keep trying until I get it? Also, if my keypresses are A-B-Right do I need to hit them in that order, or can I hold down B and Right then continue to hold A when the timer hits zero?
So I'm still having issues with this Uxie, I've caught it several times to make sure I hit my seed, but I've come up with three different starting frames. The first one was 61, I then continued to capture it to see if if it was constant. It turned out it wasn't, the second starting from was 128. I then began to do 3 Chatot calls to advance the frame to see where it would end up after I caught it. It was a Quirky nature at frame 82. Is the fluctuation in starting frames a result of the WNPCs? And if by some miracle I hit the seed and advance the frames to 314, would the WNPCs advance the frame past 315 after I exit the pause screen? I know there is a guy at the bottom of the town that is constantly moving.

So I'm still having issues with this Uxie, I've caught it several times to make sure I hit my seed, but I've come up with three different starting frames. The first one was 61, I then continued to capture it to see if if it was constant. It turned out it wasn't, the second starting from was 128. I then began to do 3 Chatot calls to advance the frame to see where it would end up after I caught it. It was a Quirky nature at frame 82. Is the fluctuation in starting frames a result of the WNPCs? And if by some miracle I hit the seed and advance the frames to 314, would the WNPCs advance the frame past 315 after I exit the pause screen? I know there is a guy at the bottom of the town that is constantly moving.
The starting frame stays the same, but the NPCs start advancing the frame the moment you enter the game. That is why you think there are three different starting frames; in fact, there is only one starting frame. When you verify that you hit correct seed and advance to the desired frame, exit the menu, and try to interact with Uxie as fast as you can to minimize NPCs movements.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The starting frame stays the same, but the NPCs start advancing the frame the moment you enter the game. That is why you think there are three different starting frames; in fact, there is only one starting frame. When you verify that you hit correct seed and advance to the desired frame, exit the menu, and try to interact with Uxie as fast as you can to minimize NPCs movements.
Yeah Gonzo206, you will need to mash A like you've never mashed A before, since there are seven WNPCs all moving at the same time; if you're even slightly off, you'll end up with a different shifting starting frame.

Yeah Gonzo206, you will need to mash A like you've never mashed A before, since there are seven WNPCs all moving at the same time; if you're even slightly off, you'll end up with a different shifting starting frame.
Okay, thanks for the information. Hopefully I will be able to get it.

What's the deal with the Anticipation Eevee you get in Castelia? I've been getting the right IVs and nature, but it's always a male even though the PIDRNG frame I'm on says female across the board. Is there an offset between nature and gender?

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What's the deal with the Anticipation Eevee you get in Castelia? I've been getting the right IVs and nature, but it's always a male even though the PIDRNG frame I'm on says female across the board. Is there an offset between nature and gender?
It's forced male.

OK, I am about to RNG Tornadus from Dream Radar using RNG Reporter, and I have some questions.
1. Since the Therians are considered as slot two Pokemon with a gendered Pokemon in slot one, I need to look for odd IV frames?
2. I know the advancements needed for slot one Pokemon is (IV frame - 8)/2. For the Therians, slot two Pokemon, is the number of advancements determined by this equation, advancements = (IV frame + 13 - 8)/2 = (IV frame + 5)/2?
3. What is the correct equation to determine nature frame for slot two Pokemon?
The equation on nuggetbridge is Slot 2: Nature Frame = Initial PID Frame + offset + IV target Frame – 16,
while the equation proposed by RNGer Aaron is Nature Frame = Initial PID frame + offset + Spinner activations*2 + 4*(number of genderless Pokémon before target) + 5*(number of gendered Pokémon before target) = Initial PID frame + offset + Spinner activations*2 + 5.
The two equations do not agree with each other.

Last edited:
OK, I am about to RNG Tornadus from Dream Radar using RNG Reporter, and I have some questions.
1. Since the Therians are considered as slot two Pokemon with a gendered Pokemon in slot one, I need to look for odd IV frames?
2. I know the advancements needed for slot one Pokemon is (IV frame - 8)/2. For the Therians, slot two Pokemon, is the number of advancements determined by this equation, advancements = (IV frame + 13 - 8)/2 = (IV frame + 5)/2?
3. What is the correct equation to determine nature frame for slot two Pokemon?
The equation on nuggetbridge is Slot 2: Nature Frame = Initial PID Frame + offset + IV target Frame – 16,
while the equation proposed by RNGer Aaron is Nature Frame = Initial PID frame + offset + Spinner activations*2 + 4*(number of genderless Pokémon before target) + 5*(number of gendered Pokémon before target) = Initial PID frame + offset + Spinner activations*2 + 5.
The two equations do not agree with each other.
General formula: Nature=initialPID+2-8*(pokemon slot) -(number of genderless including target pokemon)

Seed tested: CCDA2EAFFF563239
initial pid:61 spinner:4-->68

Rotom/Riolu/Rotom/Riolu/Riolu/Rotom (NYNYYN)

Slot.IV..Nature....................Empirical offset from raw starting frame 68
1....16..70=16+61+2-8-1...-2
2....29..75=29+61+2-16-1 -7
3....42..79=42+61+2-24-2 -11
4....55..84=55+61+2-32-2 -16
5....68..89=68+61+2-40-2 -21
6....81..93=81+61+2-48-3 -25

(Extension to when all gendered:)
1 16 71=16+61+2-8 -3
2 29 76=29+61+2-16 -8
3 42 81=42+61+2-24 -13
4 55 86=55+61+2-32 -18
5 68 91=68+61+2-40 -23
6 81 96=81+61+2-48 -28

Empirical nature offset=3+5*(slot-1)-(total genderless including target)

Edit: The commonly cited article is wrong in that the advancement should simplify to (IV frame - 13 - 8)/2, not plus.

Last edited:
General formula: Nature=initialPID+2-8*(pokemon slot) -(number of genderless including target pokemon)

Seed tested: CCDA2EAFFF563239
initial pid:61 spinner:4-->68

Rotom/Riolu/Rotom/Riolu/Riolu/Rotom (NYNYYN)

Slot.IV..Nature....................Empirical offset from raw starting frame 68
1....16..70=16+61+2-8-1...-2
2....29..75=29+61+2-16-1 -7
3....42..79=42+61+2-24-2 -11
4....55..84=55+61+2-32-2 -16
5....68..89=68+61+2-40-2 -21
6....81..93=81+61+2-48-3 -25

(Extension to when all gendered:)
1 16 71=16+61+2-8 -3
2 29 76=29+61+2-16 -8
3 42 81=42+61+2-24 -13
4 55 86=55+61+2-32 -18
5 68 91=68+61+2-40 -23
6 81 96=81+61+2-48 -28

Empirical nature offset=3+5*(slot-1)-(total genderless including target)

Edit: The commonly cited article is wrong in that the advancement should simplify to (IV frame - 13 - 8)/2, not plus.
Oh, it makes more sense if the advancements = (IV frame - 21)/2. The two equations used to calculate natures are basically the same since Spinner activations*2 = IV frame - 21, and IV frame needs to be odd so (IV frame - 21) is even. Thank you!

I am trying to RNG a riolu in challengers cave

if i have never went in there before will the NPCs affect my frame?

if so, whats the best way of handling them?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I am trying to RNG a riolu in challengers cave

if i have never went in there before will the NPCs affect my frame?

if so, whats the best way of handling them?
The best way of handling them would be defeating all the NPCs (if you already haven't) at the same moment you're going to attempt to RNG the Riolu, which means that if you entered the cave and defeated the NPCs before, you're kind of screwed and you would have to be very careful with your frame advancements due to the NPC's erratic frame advancement nature.

The best way of handling them would be defeating all the NPCs (if you already haven't) at the same moment you're going to attempt to RNG the Riolu, which means that if you entered the cave and defeated the NPCs before, you're kind of screwed and you would have to be very careful with your frame advancements due to the NPC's erratic frame advancement nature.
Really appreciate the quick response!

I havent touched any of the trainers yet, so i will make sure i do that now before i RNG. thanks for the heads up :)

Hello all.

Could someone explain to me how to find what in-game location corresponds to the encounter slot table for Pokemon Black 2?

http://eggmove.com/encounterblack2.html

I don't see how I can determine where Location 26 - D, for example, is. I checked the table for regular Black, and they have the names of the locations rather than these obscure numbers. Can somebody please help me out?

Hey, thanks!

One more thing. I am confused by what is meant by "hard reset". In some cases, it seems that people simply meaning turning off the DS and then turning it back on. However, in other cases, people recommend taking out the battery or holding down some combination of buttons upon start up. So, how exactly do I do a hard reset?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hey, thanks!

One more thing. I am confused by what is meant by "hard reset". In some cases, it seems that people simply meaning turning off the DS and then turning it back on. However, in other cases, people recommend taking out the battery or holding down some combination of buttons upon start up. So, how exactly do I do a hard reset?
Simply turning the DS off then turn back on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)