Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 234-278 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mienshao Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Abomasnow: 330-390 (85.9 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Mienshao Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 196-232 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Mienshao Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 160-190 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO

Running itemless Pokemon is a waste, imo. You will often find yourself not being knocked off and then you would have just wasted the opportunity to use an item.

Mienshao really likes Life Orb, and even Choice Band or Scarf are viable.
Erm. The part in bold is showing a 2HKO on, according to the calculator, standard usage MegaVenusaur, outdamaging both Life Orb and Band by a decent amount while itemless. Is there another move that can claim similar merit on Mienshao, because that's a pretty useful thing to hit that hard.

A scarfed set makes a wonderful revenge killer, I know. Band hits like a truck. Life Orb lets it dish out damage all over the place. But a 110 bp attack, in conjuntion with 156 from HJK, and stone edge and knock off, I think I will try some testing. It will probably be terrible. But no harm in testing, I hope.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aegislash EV Spread
Nature: Brave
IVs: 31/31/31/?/31/31
EVs: (this is the part I need help with.)
It depends on your moveset. If your running the Crumbler set, you should run max Special Attack EV's and max Attack EV's, with a special attack boosting nature. If you're running a different set, the EV's will be totally different, but in general, the Crumbler set is its best.

It depends on your moveset. If your running the Crumbler set, you should run max Special Attack EV's and max Attack EV's, with a special attack boosting nature. If you're running a different set, the EV's will be totally different, but in general, the Crumbler set is its best.
What's the moveset for a Crumbler set?
for the Brave nature, I was just going to run Weakness Policy; Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, King's Shield, & Shadow Sneak (for priority).

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What's the moveset for a Crumbler set?
for the Brave nature, I was just going to run Weakness Policy; Swords Dance, Sacred Sword, King's Shield, & Shadow Sneak (for priority).
You should check out this thread, where most/all of the viable aegislash sets can be found. -----> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aegislash-qc-0-3.3495292/
But, generally, Weakness Policy and SD shouldn't really be used together, as it sacrifices coverage and the ability to used your mixed set.
Good luck! :)

Erm. The part in bold is showing a 2HKO on, according to the calculator, standard usage MegaVenusaur, outdamaging both Life Orb and Band by a decent amount while itemless. Is there another move that can claim similar merit on Mienshao, because that's a pretty useful thing to hit that hard.

A scarfed set makes a wonderful revenge killer, I know. Band hits like a truck. Life Orb lets it dish out damage all over the place. But a 110 bp attack, in conjuntion with 156 from HJK, and stone edge and knock off, I think I will try some testing. It will probably be terrible. But no harm in testing, I hope.
Just bear in mind that that 2HKO on MVenu costs you a significant amount of your damage on everything that isn't Grass/Poison specifically.

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 190-224 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 127-151 (39.1 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Mienshao Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 146-172 (45 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Probable 2HKO on Aegislash through Shield Forme with Life Orb, 3HKO without

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 317-374 (98.4 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mienshao Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 244-288 (75.7 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Near-guaranteed 1HKO on Zapdos with LO Stone Edge, 2HKO without

252 Atk Life Orb Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 712-842 (101.1 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 548-648 (77.8 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Guaranteed 1HKO on any imaginable Chansey set with LO, 2HKO leaving you open for a Thunder Wave or for a Wish to be prepared without

MVenu isn't scary enough to screw Mienshao's offensive threat against virtually every other target of note for it.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Since hazards are less prevalent now due to the defog changes, is it worth messing around with focus sashes again?
"Focus Sash Gengar is more threatening than Mega Gengar." - The O So Great Almight Verlisify

anyway, leading with a sad user is not a "necessity" anymore since hazard control is easier, so things like 'sash breloom, mamoswine, hell even excadrill have been seeing a rise.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this question, but what are good EV spreads and natures for SwagPlay Pokemon (Klefki, Thundurus, Liepard, and Sableye)?

Edit: Haunter told us to abuse SwagPlay for the suspect test, so please don't shoot the messenger.
Max HP and Def is what i have been using. I thought about running some speed on thundy or Liepard so you can hit first with Foul Play, but i haven't found a good benchmark. another tip would be that T-Wave isn't that necessary on all SwagPlay useres especially on thundurus just using T-Bolt often has more utility since i have personally found that in the few free turns you get from swagger you are 90% of the time better of hitting the opposing pokemon with Foul Play instead of paralysing it Klefki can run spikes or a screen instead and taunt is also a very viable alternative since it can mess up some supposed counters like blissey preventing them from healing.
If you need some team mates Ditto is a must on swagplay to teams and Deo-D is propably the best choice for an SR setter. I would also recommend using a Mega Pokemon as your win condition mega gyarados is cool for breaking through the unaware mons that can otherwise fuck you up (sneak in toxic on one of your pranksters to catch them unguarded although you have to be wary of Heal Bell) although Zard X or something like band Talonflame can also work to clean up the remnants of your swagging destruction.

Why isn't M-Medicham banned its such a beast, Bullet Punch, Drain Punch, Psycho Cut, all the elemental punches, and to top it all off Pure Power.

So I don't know if this has been proposed on this site but here's an interesting idea: what if pokemon added a mechanic that in case of a speed tie the pokemon without an item goes first.

It'd be nice way of taking advantage but not entirely nerfing Knock-off. It also makes some logical sense, the thing with less to carry is generally more agile.

Also is there a better place I can discuss this?

Ok question, a group im a member of is getting ready to host a con in a month and we're going to be having a mock pokemon league tournament there, I've been selected to be the steel gym leader and I'm trying to come up with a couple good 3 steel type pokemon teams to use against challengers.

The list of pokemon I've been looking at are Aggron (possibly used with its mega stone, Scizzor (possibly used with its mega stone), Agislash, Lucario, Mawile, Metagross, Magnezone, Exadrill, Jirachi, Skarmory, Bastadon, Empoleon, Heatran, and Bisharp,

I've not used steel types all that much in the game so any ideas someone could give me would be greatly appreciated! :)

The official ban list being used in the tournament is:
The following Pokemon may not be used:

• Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys (All forms)
  • Dialga
  • Genesect
  • Giratina & Giratina Origin Form
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-W
  • Lugia
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Shaymin Sky Form
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zekrom
The following items cannot be used:

• Lucarionite (And by extension, Mega-Lucario)
  • Gengarite (And by extension, Mega-Gengar)
  • Kangaskhanite (And by extension, Mega-Kangaskhan)
  • King’s Rock
  • Quick Claw
  • Brightpowder
The following clauses are in effect:

• Sleep Clause – Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
  • Moody Clause – You may not use a Pokemon with the moody ability.
  • Evasion Clause – You may not use the following abilities: Sand Veil, Snow Cloak.You may not use the following moves: Double Team, Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause – You may not use the following moves: Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, or Guillotine.
  • Species Clause – You may not have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.

I hope this is the place to post this but what is your alls opinion on running a tank rhyperior with assault vest? Throw vs into attack and special defense maybe? Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.

I hope this is the place to post this but what is your alls opinion on running a tank rhyperior with assault vest? Throw vs into attack and special defense maybe? Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.
Personally I don't think it's worth putting Assault Vest on Rhyperior he doesn't really have the Sp.Def for it. And other than the occasional special Fire or Flying attack he doesn't resist or is neutral to enough special moves to be a reliable special tank. Plus being able to use Stealth Rock or Rock Polish is too good to throw away.

I want to use a Trevenant as a trick room setter, so what is the best set for it ? Should I use an offensive spread with Wood hammer and Earthquake, or should I run a defensive one able to set up trick room several times, with, say, Horn leech, sitrus berry, Wow or leech seed ?

Ok question, a group im a member of is getting ready to host a con in a month and we're going to be having a mock pokemon league tournament there, I've been selected to be the steel gym leader and I'm trying to come up with a couple good 3 steel type pokemon teams to use against challengers.

The list of pokemon I've been looking at are Aggron (possibly used with its mega stone, Scizzor (possibly used with its mega stone), Agislash, Lucario, Mawile, Metagross, Magnezone, Exadrill, Jirachi, Skarmory, Bastadon, Empoleon, Heatran, and Bisharp,

I've not used steel types all that much in the game so any ideas someone could give me would be greatly appreciated! :)
How about a team of Mega Aggron, (specially defensive) Bronzong, and Doublade?

Bronzong would be a dual screener with Trick Room, and Mega Aggron and Doublade would both be heavily offensive and would appreciate the TR support.

Alternatively, specially offensive Heatran with Stealth Rock would not be a bad plan in Doublade's spot if you can get a decent Heatran.

Either Heatran or Mega Aggron would be utterly devastating behind screens. 'Tran doesn't really like TR that much, but if you can get it for Mega Aggron it'd appreciate it.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

The official ban list being used in the tournament is:
The following Pokemon may not be used:

• Arceus
  • Blaziken
  • Darkrai
  • Deoxys (All forms)
  • Dialga
  • Genesect
  • Giratina & Giratina Origin Form
  • Groudon
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Kyurem-W
  • Lugia
  • Mewtwo
  • Palkia
  • Rayquaza
  • Reshiram
  • Shaymin Sky Form
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Zekrom
The following items cannot be used:

• Lucarionite (And by extension, Mega-Lucario)
  • Gengarite (And by extension, Mega-Gengar)
  • Kangaskhanite (And by extension, Mega-Kangaskhan)
  • King’s Rock
  • Quick Claw
  • Brightpowder
The following clauses are in effect:

• Sleep Clause – Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
  • Moody Clause – You may not use a Pokemon with the moody ability.
  • Evasion Clause – You may not use the following abilities: Sand Veil, Snow Cloak.You may not use the following moves: Double Team, Minimize.
  • OHKO Clause – You may not use the following moves: Fissure, Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, or Guillotine.
  • Species Clause – You may not have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.
Heatran and aegislash are pretty much necessary to avoid getting swept by fire and fighting teams. Skarmory is good too vs ground

I've done mono tournaments in the past and the main things you're looking for when building a good mono team are coverage and resistances. Luckily for you, steel has plenty of both.
I think the steel winner of the last tourney I was in had m-mawile, aegi, AV metagross, empoleon, lucario, and skarmory (legendaries weren't allowed, so no heatran). It was for best-of-three 3v3 though, and that metagame is pretty different from 6v6

Are you fighting other mono teams or normal teams? IIRC when he fought normal teams after the tourney, almost every challenger walked all over him

Heatran and aegislash are pretty much necessary to avoid getting swept by fire and fighting teams. Skarmory is good too vs ground

I've done mono tournaments in the past and the main things you're looking for when building a good mono team are coverage and resistances. Luckily for you, steel has plenty of both.
I think the steel winner of the last tourney I was in had m-mawile, aegi, AV metagross, empoleon, lucario, and skarmory (legendaries weren't allowed, so no heatran). It was for best-of-three 3v3 though, and that metagame is pretty different from 6v6

Are you fighting other mono teams or normal teams? IIRC when he fought normal teams after the tourney, almost every challenger walked all over him

I'm fighting any team that any challenger puts together, the only restrictions are they are not allowed to use anything in the banned list, otherwise they have fair game for anyone they want to use. They are how ever limited to only using 3 pokemon against me. Last time we did this we also had the option as gym leader to choose whether we wanted to have our battles be a single or triple battle as well, so there is always that option.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I'm fighting any team that any challenger puts together, the only restrictions are they are not allowed to use anything in the banned list, otherwise they have fair game for anyone they want to use. They are how ever limited to only using 3 pokemon against me. Last time we did this we also had the option as gym leader to choose whether we wanted to have our battles be a single or triple battle as well, so there is always that option.
3v6? That sounds a little unfair.

3v6? That sounds a little unfair.
Sounds more like 3 v "Pick 3," which while still a disadvantage isn't nearly so much as 3v6. Am I correct in assuming that players are required to use the same team for all the Gym Leaders? If so, that also somewhat helps to mitigate the downsides of having to play monotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)