XY UU Opening Tournament - Finals [Won by Dat Blast]

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The recent bans and Thundurus-T drop will apply for round three and onward. As before, if matches were already played for round three+, they still count.

Activity Win Request

Normally this would somewhat incorrect considering both Metal Sonic and I put effort into making the match happen, but I feel I put considerably more. We're 13 timezones apart and both in school, so scheduling was extremely difficult but we've been trying and were in contact since he finished his round 1 game, on Sunday the 9th. We got in contact later that night and he said that he would have to go then, but that we could play the next day, and I agreed to wake up before 6 AM to play on Monday. He didn't show up that morning, but we communicated and I agreed to show up the next morning. He left me a VM while I was asleep saying that he couldn't make it just then and asking if I could do it an hour later at 7, and when I woke up and saw that, I said that I couldn't because I would be gone for school by then and went back to bed. He immediately deleted the previous post saying that he couldn't, replied that his plans had changed and said that he could play at 6 my time, but I didn't see that until later. I asked him if he could possibly also try waking up early to get the match done, and he said no. Then, he went out of town Wednesday-Thursday and I went out of town Friday-Sunday, so we couldn't play during the weekend when our times would be more flexible. I didn't have school on Tuesday the 18th, so we arranged to play that day. We did actually get a battle going, but it ended up becoming a Crocune vs. Crocune PP stall, and he said that it was getting late at his time (about 10:30 PM) and he didn't want to stay for the whole thing, and so he offered to have a rematch 10 hours later. I said okay, but I never saw him on IRC again that day and he never tried to contact me. I'm not going to be able to wake up so early tomorrow to get it done and apparently he can't either, so I doubt we can get this done. The game that we did have was pretty even when he left, and I would have liked to actually played, but we couldn't make it happen. I understand if you coinflip this one instead, but I think that because he missed a couple of arranged times, and the fact that he was unwilling to stay up later or wake up earlier to get the match done while I was and did, I deserve the activity win.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
that's baloney I got up at the 10 hours thing and users kokoloko and pump head can confirm this, and you weren't online

I played a game against user innovamania for the crystal geodude tour at the time I was supposed to meet you, since I like stacking my tour battles at a similar timing, you didn't appear for the whole time lol

I ll see you at the same time today, or that 10 hours timing the next day that we were supposed to meet today

Or whoever in charge can coin flip this lol

Yes I can take leave tomorrow so there's no school and I can get up early

Specifically, 18 hours from this post

Last edited:
I messaged my opponent again. Hopefully he/she will be able to battle today. I wasn't able to battle last weekend as planned because of schoolwork.

Me and my opponent have made contact, and I requested we get it done today. I don't think he's seen it yet though, but I hope he'll get on

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/frost-uu-291205
Lost against Grimey in a gg. We both used experimental teams, so it was no biggie ^.^

(P.S. We apparently are both dumbasses and didn't read that the new bans only applied in round 3+. Given that we both used Thundurus-T and neither of us used any of the now-banned pokes though, I don't think it calls for a redo or anything :P)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)