Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I just installed Pokemon Showdown and I'm super new so I'm embarrassed to ask but can someone tell me the meanings of the abbreviations that's used there? Like, I know "gg" means good game and I presume "gl" means good luck. Is there any others I should know?
Darnell's gone over most of the abbreviations you'll see, but there are a couple more that might be useful to know (if you don't already) such as:
IDK (I don't know)
ty (Thank you)
yw (You're welcome)
np (No problem)
jysk (Just so you know)
tbh (To be honest)
js (Just saying)
hue (Not an acronym, but it is simply another way of saying "lol")
kek (Similar to "hue", this is also just means "lol")

No need be embarrassed to ask - Everyone is unsure of things when they're new, so feel free to ask about anything you're unfamilar with :]

Last edited:

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
kek does mean lol, gg does mean good game (to those of use with manner)

hes just trolling you

Not sure if this has been asked, but is PS available/usable for mobile devices (tablets, phones)? Sorry if this has been asked as I'm a bit too lazy to skim thorugh 34 pages of posts.

Not sure if this has been asked, but is PS available/usable for mobile devices (tablets, phones)? Sorry if this has been asked as I'm a bit too lazy to skim thorugh 34 pages of posts.
You can access it from your mobile browser. It's kind of clunky, but it's there. There's no mobile app.

SoulRed12 said:
You can access it from your mobile browser. It's kind of clunky, but it's there. There's no mobile app.
Thanks! Btw, how do you "mention" someone when you quote them? How do you make that arrow appear in the quote box?

When I try to post in the Mafia room (the room is set to autoconfirm to deal with spammers), it always tells me I'm not meeting the requirements to post in an autoconfirmed chat. My account (Kipting) is about a month old, and I've won a couple rated battles. I've asked Pandophan about it because he was the highest rank at that time, and he didn't know why I couldn't. Any reason why?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I try to post in the Mafia room (the room is set to autoconfirm to deal with spammers), it always tells me I'm not meeting the requirements to post in an autoconfirmed chat. My account (Kipting) is about a month old, and I've won a couple rated battles. I've asked Pandophan about it because he was the highest rank at that time, and he didn't know why I couldn't. Any reason why?
Try logging out and logging back in. It should do the job. Its a small glitch.
EDIT : Solved.

Attachments

Whenever I log into my account, the avatar and options are all the same, but my teams are all gone. I have the same background and ratings, but my teams are gone. I don't clear any cookies or anything. It just clears all my teams is there any reason why its doing that or how i can stop it? I play Showdown on the app so does that have anything to do with it? should i play it online on a browser?

Whenever I log into my account, the avatar and options are all the same, but my teams are all gone. I have the same background and ratings, but my teams are gone. I don't clear any cookies or anything. It just clears all my teams is there any reason why its doing that or how i can stop it? I play Showdown on the app so does that have anything to do with it? should i play it online on a browser?
Yes you should play it on the browser, it may be a problem with the client. Also love the hitsugaya avatar :)

I think i just battled against hacker. He had Mega Venusaur in team preview and he used OU pokemon in UU.
Heres replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-104733866 (Hold ur mouse on venusaurs menu sprite to see that its mega)
Well its probably just a bug with the names as I haven't seen it happening anywhere else. Also we cant be sure if the guy is hacking(very unlikely) because we didn't see the 'mega'-venusaur in battle to verify. I'm sure its just a naming bug.

Are the joke-sprites being used on the sim available in any way? I found them to be absolutely hilarious and wouldn't mind being able to use them again later on. I ask, because I want to see 'em all!

I'm trying to get onto showdown but chrome says I'm being redirected to a website called "ssl2000.cloudflare.com" is this just happening to me, or...?

Would it be possible to make a team point limit meta like Poke Battle is using or is that patented?
That idea is used by pokebattle and i dont think it would be approved of here, also it would defeat the point of tiers in general. Im sure it works for pokebattle and people sick of the bans like mega kangaskhan, gengar, blaziken etc... can enjoy them there. But as for PS it wont be happening any time soon :)

I'm trying to get onto showdown but chrome says I'm being redirected to a website called "ssl2000.cloudflare.com" is this just happening to me, or...?
If showdown isnt working for you in a browser try downloading the windows client, its the same thing but not in a browser

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would it be possible to make a team point limit meta like Poke Battle is using or is that patented?
As someone who is (hopefully!) friends with both Zarel and Philip7086 (one of the leaders of PokeBattle) I personally doubt PS will be getting a point value system. It takes a lot of maintenance to keep everything in balance and the audience for a point-based metagame has probably all moved to PokeBattle.

Different strokes for different blokes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)