Other XY OU Pokemon of the Week #9: Donphan (April Fools!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the best set for donphan the 'king' which smogon does not want to reveal as it makes donphan op and they hate donphan.

Donphan (M) @ KING'S ROCK
ability : sand veil
nature : serious
evs : 255 def / 255 spD
- Mud Slap
- Ice shard
- Fissure
- Rapid Spin

The king wears its crown and flinches everything with its attacks. It is male as it has to be male to be a king. Sand veil takes advantage of opposing tyranitar and hippowdon who think that they are the only one who can take advantage of sand stream. Serious nature is there as it does not lowers any of his stats. Defenses are maximised in case the opponent doesn't flinch and hit him but they won't even scratch him. Mud slap is STAB and also lowers accuracy thus making it even harder to touch. Ice shard is a priority move and is for the few (BAN ME PLEASE)s who outspeed him and flinching them to death. Fissure is the best move in the game and with king's rock even sturdy pokemon will be kod due to being flinched. Rapid Spin is for when he does not has anything better to do but i hear that it also removes some rocks so that is another good thing for the king.

Tl;dr: Donphan for UBERs

Assault vest Donphan sucks try stick or flame orb Donphan.
bs donphan is a fucking navy seal who causes sandstorms by rolling his sexy body around ofc assault vest is necessary how else do you think excadrill is outclassed by donphan

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, Donphan is kind of a joke, but this thread is too. Does this actually accomplish anything? I mean, I guess we have a joke thread in "can you believe people use this?" but that's not as narrow, limited, or centric to the go of whoever writes this type of OP. Nor should we be making a habit of joke threads...

If the other mods think this kind of thing is good for some reason, feel free to unlock I guess but PM me a good reason why.

It's not a "good thread" just because it's long and posted by a badged user.

DERP-di-derp

(Unaware Chou too broke for April 1st)

Last edited:
Donphan (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability : Sturdy
Nature: Modest (cause Donphan doesn't like admitting how good it is)
EVs: 255 SpA/255 Spe
IVs: 0 HP/0 Atk/0 Def/31 SpA/0 SpD/31 Spe
- Protect
- Last Resort
- Block
- Rest
Plan: Use all your non-attacking moves, then spam Last Resort, which is incredibly powerful. For example:
vs the best physical wall in the tier:
0- Atk Donphan (No Move) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diglett: 268-316 (166.4 - 196.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
vs the versatile FEAR smeargle (lvl 1 of course)
0- Atk Donphan (No Move) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Smeargle: 3837-4515 (31975 - 37625%) -- guaranteed OHKO
vs Pikachu, the powerful light ball abuser
0- Atk Donphan (No Move) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 199-235 (94.3 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Continuing to shit on Donphan even after it left OU is beating a dead horse. The humor and educational value is gone, so all that's left is a circlejerk that makes the Smogon community look insufferably smug.

Do you mean elephant? I don't think Donphan is a horse.

Also, when we planned this, Donphan was still OU, so your argument is invalid.
you said this:
Remember, in order to be Pokemon of the Week, a Pokemon must be in a tier below OU (Including BL), based on the new 1760 stats.
in the OP

Continuing to shit on Donphan even after it left OU is beating a dead horse. The humor and educational value is gone, so all that's left is a circlejerk that makes the Smogon community look insufferably smug.
How are we shitting on it? You can clearly see in the OP that Donphan is complemented several times on its competitive prowess. I'm confused here.

ur doing it wrong u suposz to doirt like diz:

Donphan@Master Ball
Ability: no guard
Evs: 252 hp/252att/252def/252spa/252spdef/252spd
Screw nature
Moves
Fissure
Sheer cold
Ice shard
Nuketheworld

u use fisure and sher coldde cuz ground ice is notreeasisted covrage imo lollll!!!!1!!1!1!1!!1! Ice shard bcuz ice shrd is beast mov evar and nuke evrything becuz just cuz

Donfan is best pokemans EVAR!!11!!1!1!1!1! I used it in hertgold and gave it chetes and i beet lance with it lolomgyoloswsg
Problem is Nuketheworld is a normal type move. You're walled by Shedinja! I suggest replacing it with Rollout. Always Rollout

Why all the hate for Donphan? It's the second best elephant-like pokemon there is behind Mammoswine. If you compare that to Dragon-like pokemon, Garchomp is not even one of the top five of dragons. So Donphan > Garchomp

Last edited:
Sooo what is exactly wrong with assault vest: rapid spin, knock off, earthquake, rock move?
Its actually one of my favorite spinners, the only downside being I have to put a phazer somewhere else on the team
In a way the vest acts like a focus sash, which already complements sturdy. There's been many cases where I take out something, live a super effective special attack while spinning, and then get to use him as death fodder later. If you have wish support its pretty awesome. Also does a good job of neutering sheer force life orb pokemon like landorus (knock off) or picking up surprise kos on pokemon who thought they could beat me to the punch with hp ice.

Sooo what is exactly wrong with assault vest: rapid spin, knock off, earthquake, rock move?
Its actually one of my favorite spinners, the only downside being I have to put a phazer somewhere else on the team
In a way the vest acts like a focus sash, which already complements sturdy. There's been many cases where I take out something, live a super effective special attack while spinning, and then get to use him as death fodder later. If you have wish support its pretty awesome. Also does a good job of neutering sheer force pokemon like landorus or picking up surprise kos on pokemon who thought they could beat me to the punch with hp ice.
It's too outclassed by the Swagger, Abomasite, and Specs sets. It's not really worth it.

After extensive testing i think i have finnaly found the best set for this KING OF POKEMON FUCK ARCEUSE PRASIE THE DONPHAN and it is the following

Donphan
Master ball( because only a master ball is worthy to cary this KING)
Nature:Serious(Cause he means business)
No evs are necessery CAUSE HE IS A KING

Moveset:
-Ice ULTRA PENIS EXPLOSION
-GIGA IMPACT
-HYPER BEAM
-MEGA HYPER ULTRA ONLY DONPHAN MOVE SUPER FLASH MEFA BLASTING ORGASM IN THE MAKING HYPER GIGA MOVE

FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELVES

In a way the vest acts like a focus sash, which already complements sturdy. There's been many cases where I take out something, live a super effective special attack while spinning, and then get to use him as death fodder later. If you have wish support its pretty awesome. Also does a good job of neutering sheer force life orb pokemon like landorus (knock off) or picking up surprise kos on pokemon who thought they could beat me to the punch with hp ice.
DONT USE DONPHAN AS DEATH FODDER YOU DISRESPECTFUL DONPHAN HATER!

DONT USE DONPHAN AS DEATH FODDER YOU DISRESPECTFUL DONPHAN HATER!
The fact that you are debating whether donphan actually can be used as death fodder disgusts me. No attack will ever be able to kill donphan. In fact, the opposing pokemon will probably be dead by the time Donphan moves an inch:

^This is donphan destroying a Deoxys-S, Klefki, and a Machop all at once with its mighty horn attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)