Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have an incredibly noobish question.
I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID on Platinum. I have eontimer and rng reporter, I'm following the steps in the DPP / HGSS manipulation guide and got as far as step two.
It says to go to Pandora's Box, under the PID section and enter info to do a search. But when I open pandoras box it says I need a profile to go any further.
This seems like a ridiculous thing to have trouble with, but how does one create a profile that asks for TID / SID if the whole point of the endeavor is to FIND a TID/SID to abuse for?
Also, it asks for the game version, but lists no gen 4 games in the drop down menu, despite my going through the 4th gen menu.
I think you just have to make a dummy profile with basically anything in it(you could put something like John BW2 TID 12345, ect).

I have an incredibly noobish question.
I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID on Platinum. I have eontimer and rng reporter, I'm following the steps in the DPP / HGSS manipulation guide and got as far as step two.
It says to go to Pandora's Box, under the PID section and enter info to do a search. But when I open pandoras box it says I need a profile to go any further.
This seems like a ridiculous thing to have trouble with, but how does one create a profile that asks for TID / SID if the whole point of the endeavor is to FIND a TID/SID to abuse for?
Also, it asks for the game version, but lists no gen 4 games in the drop down menu, despite my going through the 4th gen menu.
Just create a dummy profile and throw in random values. Doesn't matter what you put in since you're doing 4th gen.

im trying to RNG raikou from the burnt tower, and need to know if i should count the step forward to activate the dogs as a frame advance, cause you advance the frame by one by walking where there are wild pokemon and i just hit my seed and did the correct amount i think and he was not shiny. can someone help? i may have advanced wrong though so i dont know.

i did the 7 calls to irwin and then counted two more advances cuz of his starting frame being one and the step i took, and subtracted 9 from my 111 total advances needed then did 102 advances with chatot.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
im trying to RNG raikou from the burnt tower, and need to know if i should count the step forward to activate the dogs as a frame advance, cause you advance the frame by one by walking where there are wild pokemon and i just hit my seed and did the correct amount i think and he was not shiny. can someone help? i may have advanced wrong though so i dont know.

i did the 7 calls to irwin and then counted two more advances cuz of his starting frame being one and the step i took, and subtracted 9 from my 111 total advances needed then did 102 advances with chatot.
That step doesn't advance the frame. I forget which roamer is frame 1 and which is frame 6, so it might be worth your while to check both, particularly capturing without saving if possible.

The absolutely easiest thing when RNGing the roamers is just play through the whole game, then KO the roamer you wanna capture. Do defeat the elite four, but save on the step before the autowalk sequence with Lance. Save and note on what routes the remaining roamers are on, and then find a seed and a delay you're comfortable with :)
Try to hit your seed and delay (you can find out by checking where the roamers are and look at the corresponding delay), and then advance the frames using the radio :) Defeat Lance and wait until the game has saved. Now go and catch the roamer and verify :)
If you wanna catch all roamers; after you have verified the IVs of the roamer you wanted to catch, soft reset until before you caught it, and then KO another roamer and repeat the steps. The first roamer will have the IVs you wanted, and you can use it to find out what delay you hit when RNGing for the second roamer :)

Im RNGing in SoulSilver atm. RNG abusing eggs to be specific. I have 2 active roamers in my game. I noticed that my starting frames tend to change from 2 to 4.
I guess this has something to do with the roamers, but I can't figure out what and I can't find it in smogon's guide?

Is it even possible to have a starting frame of 2 with 2 active roamers in hgss and in general?
So is it possible for the roamers to not advance any frames?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Im RNGing in SoulSilver atm. RNG abusing eggs to be specific. I have 2 active roamers in my game. I noticed that my starting frames tend to change from 2 to 4.
I guess this has something to do with the roamers, but I can't figure out what and I can't find it in smogon's guide?

Is it even possible to have a starting frame of 2 with 2 active roamers in hgss and in general?
So is it possible for the roamers to not advance any frames?
The other 2 frames are possibly by the random npcs because as far as I know, roamers always advance the frames

lol i caught raikou about 10 mins after posting that and forgot to check back.

now im rnging lapras in union cave, and i should consider lapras a surfing pokemon or should i consider it a stationary? im going with stationary atm but if im wrong can someone let me know?

lol i caught raikou about 10 mins after posting that and forgot to check back.

now im rnging lapras in union cave, and i should consider lapras a surfing pokemon or should i consider it a stationary? im going with stationary atm but if im wrong can someone let me know?
If you can talk to it, it's probably a stationary.

cool thats what i was thinking too, but the only problem i was thinking was because it moves it might not be considered stationary, lol

yup i got it no worries.

now i wanna rng the dragon den dratini is it possible to do that or will talking to the elder advance the frame too inconsistently?

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I want to RNG Shadow Zapdos, but I'm finding it hard to find any information on how to RNG in Pokemon XD.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to RNG Shadow Zapdos, but I'm finding it hard to find any information on how to RNG in Pokemon XD.
And you won't find it, simply because its impossible to RNG Abuse on a retail Colosseum/XD; its possible to RNG abuse on a emulator, but only a select few know how to do it.

If you want usable stuff from Colo/XD you will have to resort to the old fashioned way to get them (Soft Restting to hell and back).

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
And you won't find it, simply because its impossible to RNG Abuse on a retail Colosseum/XD; its possible to RNG abuse on a emulator, but only a select few know how to do it.

If you want usable stuff from Colo/XD you will have to resort to the old fashioned way to get them (Soft Restting to hell and back).
I would be one of those select few. If you wanna pursue this pseudo-hell (still not as bad as FrLg on console), PM me.

So I been trying to get the ID I want for HG and SS for hours now and I'm pretty much confused on why this is happening
this is how I have it so far

(Pandora Box)
ID:40933
seed:54151502
SID:13302
Delay:5378

(In seed to times)
clicked "HGSS"
Date: 2010 03 14
time:21:00:42
delay:5368

(I go to eon timer and place) yes I edited my settings

So here's the problem
I use the timer like this (please tell me if its correct)
1st timer: start when placing time,
2nd timer: start when you begin game on menu screen, end when oak says "see you soon" at 00:00

I got 57946
when I put it back in pandora to find seed and the delay I get 0 results or sometimes results that seed(hex) isn't the same
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions correctly but nothing

Attachments

I got 57946
when I put it back in pandora to find seed and the delay I get 0 results or sometimes results that seed(hex) isn't the same
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I followed the instructions correctly but nothing
Maybe you want to widen your minimum and maximum delay when searching for the TID you got? Also your delay is '5368' and the range for your minimum and maximum delay doesn't contain it (your max is set at 5100).

I assume it is your first time? So maybe you could try going for a much wider range first, minimum 4000 - maximum of about 6000 in your seed finder. How exactly did you get your settings for eontimer?

Last edited:
Maybe you want to widen your minimum and maximum delay when searching for the TID you got? Also your delay is '5368' and the range for your minimum and maximum delay doesn't contain it (your max is set at 5100).

I assume it is your first time? So maybe you could try going for a much wider range first, minimum 4000 - maximum of about 6000 in your seed finder. How exactly did you get your settings for eontimer?
I'll try that
how many times do you believe it will take to get the ID I want? Say I do it correctly at the beep. 4? 5?

I'll try that
how many times do you believe it will take to get the ID I want? Say I do it correctly at the beep. 4? 5?
I'm not sure, i couldn't remember how many times i did on my first try. Just keep trying, you'll get near your target if you do it precisely, and keep adjusting by putting the delay you hit on the eontimer.

ok so I tried that but now I'm getting confused
So the site has a screenshot example when checking your delay
Are people suppose to place anything on the simple seed to ID/SID calculator?
because was is the seed hex there the same as the seed hex in the results?

look at screenshot
so the results seed shouldn't even be the same as mine?

Attachments

ok so I tried that but now I'm getting confused
So the site has a screenshot example when checking your delay
Are people suppose to place anything on the simple seed to ID/SID calculator?
because was is the seed hex there the same as the seed hex in the results?

look at screenshot
so the results seed shouldn't even be the same as mine?
I don't think you need to put anything on the Simple Seed ID/SID calculator box. Just pay attention to what your results say, adjust your eontimer, and then try to hit your target.

How does BCC RNG work? I'm aware that there's lot of WNPCs, I should probably use a seed that doesn't require a lead, and encounter slots may or may not be weird. Also something about the frames being weird as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)