League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Currently 6-0 in this mode-I think people should more or less ignore CS in this mode and just worry about roaming, getting kills, and taking towers. The reality is that in such a high-risk, high-reward format, there is no possible way you can get ahead by winning your lane in the traditional sense.

It kind of depends. I faced a Sona mid in URF mode as Cho'Gath and kept the creep line at her outer tower pretty much the whole time that she had one, and on top of warding river and building up feast stacks off of wraiths, that's really just about the most that can happen in that matchup. Sustain champions are certainly not worthless here, and you set them up in positions/matchups where they function best -- using some critical thinking. LeBlanc is pretty mighty in this mode, and with her in a game things will obviously happen really fast, but that's nowhere near the only flow the mode can take, especially considering each team gets 3 bans and blind pick.

shen for god tier, currently 5-0 with him and he's disgusting. you can more or less permanently taunt someone, your mobility is incredible with E alone and on top of that you have two globals in your ult and TP. start W level 1 and E level 2, then max R>E>W>Q. i prefer going sunfire into banshee's first and then building either AP (deathcap + lich bane) or tanky AD (bork + triforce) although i've heard stories of people who have destroyed with a full AP shen

brand is also incredible since he can permastun someone with Q from level 3 onwards - build tanky like rylai's + abyssal + deathcap + BVeil and you can't really lose a 1v1 ever unless you're facing soraka / olaf

I'm really confused why anything is restricted in this game mode... would ryze be ludicrous? Yea, but so are half the other champs. Should just be straight fair imo, trying to balance is retarded
kassadin and ryze are disabled in this mode because their damage scales primarily off mana, and there's no reason to build mana in this mode meaning that you'd be forced to build suboptimally on ryze/kass if they were enabled

You can actually play as Kassadin and Ryze in bot games, I played as Ryze and he was pretty broken even with just building regular AP items. But yeah like UncleSam said you don't really have cooldowns, you just have to wait for the spell to cast before casting the next one.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
kassadin and ryze are disabled in this mode because their damage scales primarily off mana, and there's no reason to build mana in this mode meaning that you'd be forced to build suboptimally on ryze/kass if they were enabled
That's not the point mang this game mode is only around for a week i just really wish they would leave it alone and let it be as stupid absurd as possible. (Also why do you think they were disabled for that reason? (Manascaling I mean))

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeti at least mention my constant 1k ping that game now everyone thinks I'm even worse than I actually am :(

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
you just have to wait for the spell to cast before casting the next one.
tbh as much as this mode has its amount of cheese, I feel some champs actually do require skill to play as casting spells have their inherent own opportunity cost by the act of casting (and auto smartcast doesn't work for everything). Even Sona couldn't cast Q and W at the same time for instance. That's the most interesting part of this mode for me.

(Of course, this mostly applies to casters - assassins and most AD champs can spam as much as they want. Also WTB raka and hec disables)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My one friend didnt think Hecarim was broken in this mode so I finalky got to see him in action.

My God.

The Qs.

They are so unreal.

(Also wtb Wukong nerf).

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
so queue up for bots for my win of the day..

dominance asserted. no assists and a penta. can now see why sona was banned every game before just plain being removed.

eh, i wanna believe SKT T1 S didnt throw those games... they were weird but its an extreme high risk vs low reward move if it was thrown, someone opens the mouth and the entire organization is absolutely screwed.

(context: Prime Optimus (0-4 team in the group, 1.4 kda) roflstomped SKT T1 S, so now, their sister team, SKT T1 K, has a chance to make it out of groups in OGN).

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Just want to throw out discussion since the item got buffed: Ruby Crystal.

Will it become the new 1st item buy FOTM? I have a feeling it just might. +150 Bonus HP and 2 Pots to start the game is nothing to scoff at. Garen and Mundo love this buff. In fact I think that might become my starting item on Garen from now on.

Also it could become a staple item on some supports, seeing as it builds straight into Sightstone (alleviating a huge gold burden).

Tell me what you guys think!!

Remember I said this a while back?

Yeah. This is being picked by most supports in the Spring Split. Imagine that.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
nah sun ur totally wrong aphro is the only person in lcs+champions that I've seen (admittedly I've only watched clgtsmc9 games in the lcs) do crystal start, spell theif's/relic has been way more popular since doran's nerf (although doran's is still used about as much as gold gen based on the eight games I just checked the vods of), particularly given the dumb 2min trinket ward change, gold gen+ward and pots is way better than a slightly faster sightstone.

edit:
I too have been having fun with sona
alt text: vkca's exciting friday night

editedit: also before you think I'm good at lucian know that that game's leona built zeke's -> berserker's -> sheen

Last edited:
URF mode extended until sunday the 13th

hecarim, nidalee, soraka, alistar, kayle, and skarner join the likes of sona, ryze, and kassadin on the permaban list

inb4 fizz / ezreal / shaco bans every single game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)