2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically this match came down to defensive 'mistakes'.
Silva's rash challenge on oscar leading to the penalty.
Terry heading the ball into a dangerous zone where Lavezzi took full advantage of.
Poor defending on the set piece leading to the unlucky own goal from luiz.
Pastore walking by three chelsea players and then beating cech at his near post.

Not surprised that people already pointing to Mourinho but he got his tactics spot on today, unfortunately his defense let him down.

what Mourinho said about being in it for the long term means nothing with Abramovich around though really...
if he gets sacked hope the glazers respond by removing Moyes and replacing him with Jose :D

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sevilla beats real
Porto beats sevilla
Frankfurt draws against Porto

Frankfurt > real and therefore bundesliga > la liga

q.e.d.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just realised that with the transfer ban Barcelona aren't going to be able to replace Valdés and so will be stuck with an ancient Pinto and Oier Olazábal lol...

Man city with the most clear cut offside goal that was not disallowed. What's new?

Raheem Sterling ruled offside when he was clearly onside
Tiote disallowed goal

These are just some crucial decisions that I can remember that have gone in their favour. There are plenty more.

EDIT: I just got news that the offside rule gets applied in the opposite way at the Etihad stadium!

Last edited:
City has had plenty of soft ones this season.
still not as offside as drogba was many seasons ago when he scored at OT.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I just realised that with the transfer ban Barcelona aren't going to be able to replace Valdés and so will be stuck with an ancient Pinto and Oier Olazábal lol...
And without enough center-backs... But my gut is telling me the ban will be (at least partially) removed so Barcelona will be able to get a new goalkeeper

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Wow, Newcastle have really declined since that great 2011-12 season in which they were, at one point, considered as favorites for a Champions League spot. I mean, they did lose to United back in '11 too but the goals they conceded tonight were very sloppy and they hardly troubled their opponents. And they have been conceding too many goals this season. They're lucky that the there are teams in the Premier League that are actually worse than them or they would smack in the middle of the relegation dogfight.

Chelsea completely dominated Stoke tonight and claimed top spot with a 3-0 victory that is good for their Goal Difference and, more importantly, boosts their confidence ahead of their crucial Champions League second leg on Tuesday night. To be honest, Stoke were really poor tonight and Chelsea will have to work much harder to score two goals against Paris Saint Germain while denying them from scoring. I expect PSG to go through, Chelsea's strike force is just too weak while PSG are difficult to break down. Regardless, Tuesday night is going to be very interesting, as will the Bayern-United and Atletico-Barca games.

Utd look so much better with Mata and Kagawa playing together.

Also Newcastle overperformed in their CL chasing season, they then underperformed last season because of EL, and this season they've sold Ba and Cabaye and Cisse has fallen off the face of the planet and other players like Coloccini have problems, and they have had lots of injuries like Ben Arfa and their whole defence. They were doing decently well before January and now they're on holiday already so there's reasons for their form. Pardew will have to rebuild in the summer though because lots of players will be leaving for various reasons, I'm pretty much expecting to see at least 5 or 6 new first XI faces by kick off next season.

They have Declined since they sold Cabaye.

United have the best Away from in the league... just need that to continue midweek. but 4-0 against Newcastle with almost the reserve side? what?

a draw tomorrow between Arsenal and Everton and 4th in back on.

It doesn't look good for Arsenal but they have easy fixtures left while Everton still have Man city, Man utd and Southampton away. Arse for the top four still I reckon

So many reasons for this horrific display... Can't even begin to rant... They're all a bunch of shits... Lukaku and Baines in fantasy team = emotions well and truly hedged like a boss! B-)

Weird decision not to give a foul on Mignolet after Carroll slapped him in the head.

Oh well... I'm hoping we perform in the second half because if we do we should be be able to outscore them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)