Bisharp Knives: A DeoSharp Offense Team

Alright I saw your request, so here I am. This honestly is just a powerhouse of an HO team. There honestly is not much for me to be changing, simply due to how well this team functions. ShootingStarmie changed everything I wanted to change, so there really isn't much else for me to say.
Firstly, now that you are running Iron Head > Flash Cannon, I reccomend changing to a 252 Atk Brave Nature on Aegislash, as your STAB, STAB Priority, and Coverage are all biased towards that end.
Outside of that I have nothing to be honest. I would run a Life Orb on Bisharp though, as it gains you extra power.

This team honestly has nothing else for me to change! Great team! :]

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright I saw your request, so here I am. This honestly is just a powerhouse of an HO team. There honestly is not much for me to be changing, simply due to how well this team functions. ShootingStarmie changed everything I wanted to change, so there really isn't much else for me to say.
Firstly, now that you are running Iron Head > Flash Cannon, I reccomend changing to a 252 Atk Brave Nature on Aegislash, as your STAB, STAB Priority, and Coverage are all biased towards that end.
Outside of that I have nothing to be honest. I would run a Life Orb on Bisharp though, as it gains you extra power.

This team honestly has nothing else for me to change! Great team! :]
Yeah, I guess I'll change Quiet to Brave along with the EVs. I have run LO on Bisharp before and I prefer the non-recoil since 3 of my moves are Dark-type.

I have only two suggestions to improve the team the first being changing bisharps black glasses>assault vest you can more easily switch into the lati twins to trap them. It also allows you to sponge stray special hits that threaten your team. Changing deoxys set to a max speed set with taunt and thunder wave to shut down opposing leads. A set like this would work.
Deoxys-D@Red card
252 Hp/252 Spe/ 4 Def
Timid
-stealth rocks
-spikes
-thunder wave
-taunt

Really good team :)

fleurdyleurse

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have only two suggestions to improve the team the first being changing bisharps black glasses>assault vest you can more easily switch into the lati twins to trap them. It also allows you to sponge stray special hits that threaten your team. Changing deoxys set to a max speed set with taunt and thunder wave to shut down opposing leads. A set like this would work.
Deoxys-D@Red card
252 Hp/252 Spe/ 4 Def
Timid
-stealth rocks
-spikes
-thunder wave
-taunt

Really good team :)
I'm really confused with this post.
a) AV Bisharp isn't that good as the reason Lati@s is used in OU is Defog, and honestly, that's the switch-in oppurtunity. After that, you can 1) use Sucker Punch if fearing HP Fire/HP Fighting. 2) use Pursuit to trap Lati@s.
b) I feel that you completely missed the point of the Deoxys-D set. Superpower is used to shut down probable Bisharp anti-leads while Magic Coat bounces back Taunts/Spikes/SR from leads. Magic Coat is also better than Taunt to a certain extent as it shuts down Pranksters.

Ok so I got the request. This is such a great team. The only team you'd have a big problem with is a Flying-Spam team. Therefore, I suggest you use Bulk Up Thundurus as your Defiant user. Then, I would chance your Dark type Lati@s trapper to Scarf Tyranitar. That way, you won't succumb as easily to an onslaught of Pinsir and Talonflame spam.

Sets:
Code:
Thundurus (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- Fly
- Bulk Up

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
T-tar easily beats most Talonflames and outspeeds Pinsirs and OHKOs them with Stone Miss. Bulk Up Thundurus is a great Venusaur lure, and would allow you to run Scald over HP flying on Keldeo. If you don't like the Thundurus set, I would not change anything at all, as you really need a defiant user to punish those defoggers. And don't change Superpower on Deoxys. Superpower Deoxys is a great surprise lure against the likes of Bisharp and T-Tar.

This is such a great Hyper Offense team a very nice RMT. Good luck to you! :)

Edit: +2 Fly is a guaranteed OHKO with SR on most Venusaurs, and Knock Off one shots Latios at +0. After one Bulk Up, +2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir cannot kill with return, while Wild Charge is an easy kill.

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

Ok so I got the request. This is such a great team. The only team you'd have a big problem with is a Flying-Spam team. Therefore, I suggest you use Bulk Up Thundurus as your Defiant user. Then, I would chance your Dark type Lati@s trapper to Scarf Tyranitar. That way, you won't succumb as easily to an onslaught of Pinsir and Talonflame spam.

Sets:
Code:
Thundurus (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- Fly
- Bulk Up

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
T-tar easily beats most Talonflames and outspeeds Pinsirs and OHKOs them with Stone Miss. Bulk Up Thundurus is a great Venusaur lure, and would allow you to run Scald over HP flying on Keldeo. If you don't like the Thundurus set, I would not change anything at all, as you really need a defiant user to punish those defoggers. And don't change Superpower on Deoxys. Superpower Deoxys is a great surprise lure against the likes of Bisharp and T-Tar.

This is such a great Hyper Offense team a very nice RMT. Good luck to you! :)

Edit: +2 Fly is a guaranteed OHKO with SR on most Venusaurs, and Knock Off one shots Latios at +0. After one Bulk Up, +2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir cannot kill with return, while Wild Charge is an easy kill.
I could use this but It'll be a completely different team, so I'll make a new team for it!

Honestly this is an amazing team :) ,My only main problem with is Aegislash .... its too slow its fast enough to do its job (ohko fairies and walls) but any offensive attacker that can take a shadow sneak will kill it. i replaced it with Latios :

"Tokyo" (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor(to ohko knock off Donphan which also troubles this team a little)
- Surf/Ice Beam(to ohko Chomp and Dnite without the spatk. drop)
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
(252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Donphan: 415-489 (108 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
Give it a try some time.
Lastly,
Talonflame really troubles this team ,i'm curious to how you deal with it when thundurus is weakened with rocks and prior damage or fainted because
(252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 143-168 (47.6 - 56%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO)
its an annoying two hit ko .. the only way iv dealt with it is use Xard X or Play around with it with a sucker punch from bisharp.
but other than that great team its helped me reach 1589 from a mere 1336 :).

fleurdyleurse

Honestly this is an amazing team :) ,My only main problem with is Aegislash .... its too slow its fast enough to do its job (ohko fairies and walls) but any offensive attacker that can take a shadow sneak will kill it. i replaced it with Latios :

"Tokyo" (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor(to ohko knock off Donphan which also troubles this team a little)
- Surf/Ice Beam(to ohko Chomp and Dnite without the spatk. drop)
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
(252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Donphan: 415-489 (108 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO)
Give it a try some time.
Lastly,
Talonflame really troubles this team ,i'm curious to how you deal with it when thundurus is weakened with rocks and prior damage or fainted because
(252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 143-168 (47.6 - 56%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO)
its an annoying two hit ko .. the only way iv dealt with it is use Xard X or Play around with it with a sucker punch from bisharp.
but other than that great team its helped me reach 1589 from a mere 1336 :).
Firstly, you probably don't understand Aegislash's role on the team. It's a spinblocker, not a all-out attacker.
Talonflame is very easy to deal with. Just use Thunder Wave. It hasn't troubled me so I don't see why it troubles you.

Firstly, you probably don't understand Aegislash's role on the team. It's a spinblocker, not a all-out attacker.
Talonflame is very easy to deal with. Just use Thunder Wave. It hasn't troubled me so I don't see why it troubles you.
hmm well makes sense actually didn't know that but a majority of the time it feels like dead weight.
and for talonflame,being paralyzed doesnt affect its brave birds and even paralyzed, sucker punch and shadow sneak goes after brave bird.
but anyway maybe i'm just not that good

fleurdyleurse

hmm well makes sense actually didn't know that but a majority of the time it feels like dead weight.
and for talonflame,being paralyzed doesnt affect its brave birds and even paralyzed, sucker punch and shadow sneak goes after brave bird.
but anyway maybe i'm just not that good
tbh you could just sac something you don't need and let thundurus tbolt

Hello!

I build a team inspired by yours with two different pokemon and it is on a winning streak :) (but in low ratings it's kinda not worth mentioning). I am using Azumarill > Keldeo and Rotom-W > Thundurus. I think that Azumarill and Keldeo both have their strong points, and it comes down to a matter of preference. Keldeo deals with opposing Virizion through HP Flying and Charizards better, while Azumarill provides priority aqua jet and shits on most setup dragons.

As people mentioned before, I do feel like Talonflame is very troublesome to deal with. Charizard and Thundurus can deal with it, but when very healthy, which is very hard to maintain especially for Charizard since you can't really keep off entry hazards on your side of the field very well. Variants with swords dance and roost can, if played well, a pain in the ass to deal with. People can still Defog to keep Talonflame healthy, which can potentially make Bisharp get a boost, but Talonflame can still beat Bisharp. It comes down to an "Who predicts better?"-match. I therefore suggest a physically defensive Rotom-W. While it isn't exactly an offensive mon, it deals with Talonflame like no other and is also very strong against dragon types sitting at +1.

Other small changes I'd suggest, would be to change Keldeos held item to Expert Belt. You lose some slight offensive power, but in return are not locked into one move, becoming setup bait. Also I would suggest replacing Pursuit on Bisharp for Swords Dance. It makes Bisharp so much more of a threat since people are avoiding to defog in the presence of a Bisharp. I also often feel that Knock off is the superior choice even against the Lati siblings.

So TL:DR

@

EVs: +252 DEF, +252 HP, +4 SDEF
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-Wisp
- Rest

Replace Choice Specs on Keldeo with Expert Belt.
Replace Pursuit on Bisharp with Swords Dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)