Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Just finished my initial pledged 300.
Hatched 1 shiny moon ball skrelp at egg # 17/300.

I'll pledge another 300.
Update: 2nd batch of 300 complete, I hatched two more shiny pokemon in the second batch
Total: 600 (3 shiny pokemon obtained)
Moon Ball Skrelp - egg #17, Love Ball Swirlix - egg # 343, Lure ball Clauncher #527

^ Surprisingly lucky lately.

I'll pledge another 300.

Also, since I've been getting inbox messages: I'm a pokemon instagram user, and everyone has been collecting 6th gen rare poke balls. I got all mine from trades since breeding the females passes the pokeball down to the offspring.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PetitShiny, I hope you realize that most people will not consider those Pokemon "legit," because it is impossible to get those Pokemon + Poke Ball combinations without cheating. As a head's up, do not try to trade them on Smogon or you will likely be blacklisted.

PetitShiny, I hope you realize that most people will not consider those Pokemon "legit," because it is impossible to get those Pokemon + Poke Ball combinations without cheating. As a head's up, do not try to trade them on Smogon or you will likely be blacklisted.
I do find it odd that people wouldn't find them legit since they are MM'ed regardless of origin. Although I never trade anything here on smogon anyhow haha, I was only interested in shiny MM hatching rates.
Besides, I never trade my personal MM'ed shiny pokemon since their value comes from the fact I bred them myself. I don't bother trading for other's shiny anymore either since it seems like they can AR them now.

As for MM, it wouldn't matter what their pokeball is. The rates of hatching would be the same regardless. Unless, people are super paranoid then I'll just drop out haha I just wanted to help, that's all.

I decided to say where I got them from because people were messaging me on how to get them, so instead of answering each individually, I decided to just post it here.

Last edited:
another 120 down and 1 more shiny deino this time (off just 1 egg)
shame I've got another 60 of them to hatch now

1740 eggs 3 shiny pokemon

Hello I am new here. I just noticed this, and I wanted to help. I just started trying to hatch a shiny Weedle about 10 minutes ago. I am currently at 6 eggs. I will pledge 300.
Shiny charm and MM 6/300 eggs no shiny yet.

I'm almost 700 eggs in with the shiny charm, no shiny.

Next time I start MMing, I'll officially pledge.

Unrelated-- the Masuda Method rate has cut me no slack, I've only hatched two shinies, both at around 1200 eggs.

Well, to be honest, I took a brief break in between MMing, was breeding for a female Chikorita, and instead got a shiny male after 6 eggs.

I'm almost 700 eggs in with the shiny charm, no shiny.

Next time I start MMing, I'll officially pledge.

Unrelated-- the Masuda Method rate has cut me no slack, I've only hatched two shinies, both at around 1200 eggs.

Well, to be honest, I took a brief break in between MMing, was breeding for a female Chikorita, and instead got a shiny male after 6 eggs.
My luck has been horrible since I got the shiny charm. Before I got it, I had hatched 4 shinies in about 1500 eggs.

Will post again when I'm done my batch - less than 20 eggs to go.

Just hatch a shiny 5iv froakie with torrent and timid...total egg hatches 508...still going to get a shiny 6iv froakie with protean and timid...won't give up until I get it

Update: 1440 eggs hatched <180 of them absols the rest espurrs>

Nada.
sorry to see that happening with you my first shiny drought lasted over 1800 eggs (700 w/o shiny charm and 1100 with shiny charm)
I dont know if this works but try tipping at the restaurants and then breed them (i dont know if it was this but it hatched within 100 eggs 2 out of 4 times the other within next 200 eggs)
Also, keep switching your parents as that is a trend that is being seen here.
Good luck man :)

sorry to see that happening with you my first shiny drought lasted over 1800 eggs (700 w/o shiny charm and 1100 with shiny charm)
I dont know if this works but try tipping at the restaurants and then breed them (i dont know if it was this but it hatched within 100 eggs 2 out of 4 times the other within next 200 eggs)
Also, keep switching your parents as that is a trend that is being seen here.
Good luck man :)
I have tried both methods :) switching parents a lot due to iv breeding.

Just gotta keep breeding I guess :) I'll get back to it after a break (horde battling currently).

I can't be unhappy, I have gotten 11 shinies so far - just none from MM since getting the shiny charm.

I have tried both methods :) switching parents a lot due to iv breeding.

Just gotta keep breeding I guess :) I'll get back to it after a break (horde battling currently).

I can't be unhappy, I have gotten 11 shinies so far - just none from MM since getting the shiny charm.
yeah that spirit is good just don't let it get over you seriously i was starting to question this whole thing lol when it was happening with me as this is the first time i ever started MMing lol

yeah that spirit is good just don't let it get over you seriously i was starting to question this whole thing lol when it was happening with me as this is the first time i ever started MMing lol
This is the first pokemon game I've seriously played. I had never MMed before either. And I started off with dragons haha. The shiny goomy was worth it though :)

After reading the beginning of the thread, I will do sets of 100 and report back.
I am still on the same one that I started, and I am currently at 54 eggs. I will report back at every 100 eggs
54/100 eggs hatched.

Shiny hatching batches.
1. 1-100 no shiny
2. 101-200 no shiny
3. 201-300 n/a yet
4. 301-400 n/a yet
5. 401-500 n/a yet

Last edited:
egg count: 7625

Shiny: 12
(1002th egg) Kricketot (Pokeball)
(1088th egg) Blitzle (Pokeball)
(2376th egg) Cottonee (Pokeball)
(3340th egg) Eevee (Love Ball)
(3840th egg) Misdreavus (Moon Ball)
(3841th egg) Shuppet (Moon Ball)
(5108th egg) Vulpix (Love Ball)
(5343th egg) Cherubi (Love Ball)
(5410th egg) Mawile (Moon Ball)
(5767th egg) Yamask (Moon Ball)
(6183th egg) Ralts (Love Ball)
(7623th egg) Fennekin (Pokeball)

Anyway, does any1 know if the ability blaze helps speed up hatching rate too?? cuz i got this when i check the memory of fennekin

Attachments

Anyway, does any1 know if the ability blaze helps speed up hatching rate too?? cuz i got this when i check the memory of fennekin
according to bulbapedia no it doesn't http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blaze_(Ability)

but I might do a test on some magikarp eggs to see.

also an off topic question does anyone know the cable length of the official 3ds charger cant find any info on the length of it.

EDIT

just went and hatched a few eggs (magikarp)

here is what I found (allow 128 steps both sides due to cycle overlap)

with flame body
610 steps

with blaze
1250 steps

none
1260 steps

both
750 steps

as you can see blaze makes no difference to hatch time

just for fun flame body and lv 3 hatching
330 steps

Last edited:
hmm, then how come its says it helped in hatching other fennekins...LOL
who knows maybe it helps in another way? but it certainly doesn't seem to be egg cycles.

I've even tried having a pokemon with blaze at the bottom of the party and flame body at the top and vise versa and nothing. might have to wait until the game code gets exposed for this one

Have great news!

On egg #478 a shiny male mudkip hatched! My first ever masuda method shiny!

I will keep hatching the leftovers though...

Reporting in: 100 eggs hatched and so far no shiny chespin. I might take a break for a bit since Im trying to get a team ready. Besides that...400 eggs to go :D

So, I finished operation mudkip at a total of now 500 eggs, with 1 shiny at egg #478.

I will now breed a KOR female Greninja x JPN Froakie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)