Rate My Doubles Kalos Bred Team

Alright I just decided to make this team with some of my favorites who can fare well in the special rating. Feel free to recommend switches, moveset changes or anything else.
Staraptor @ Normal gem
Ability: Reckless
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Hp
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
- Protect
- Brave Bird
- Double Edge
- Close Combat

This guy is usually my lead and most people tell me to pick intimidate but I just love STAB normal gem reckless boosted double edge. I would love to do some damage calcs but sadly I dont know how but if you guys want too fine, I already know it hits like a truck.

Azumarill @Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk/ 4 Spd
-Play Rough
-Super Power
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet

This is one of my most reliable pokemon for a sweep if it gets set up correctly. This pokemon has saved me numerous times with a clutch Belly Drum and then Aqua Jet sweep. But I have messed up a few times where I thought I could set up and instead I guessed wrong and I'd waste a move but anyway I love this guy. I also use him to switch into dragons for my garchomp mainly when garchomp might get OHKO'd by Salamances Draco Meteor ect..

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Ivs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
-Dragon Claw
-Iron Head
-Outrage
-Earthquake

For Garchomp Im usually leading with Staraptor and most of the time gets locked in outrage for that sweeping power but fairies prove a threat to him usually so I will switch him before locking into anything if I see a fairy on the field. My main sweeper, Pretty nice all around in my opinion.

This point down is new pokemon that im adding because i thought my old ones didnt work too well. The old ones were M-heracross and Rotom-H (and yes I played without a 6th), they both were pretty good M-Heracross swept many teams but I felt like I used rock blast 90% of the time so I decided to swap some things around. For Rotom-H I changed forms to kill Rotom-W easier. Now back to the team.

Rotom-C @ Leftovers/ Might use Absorb Bulb to switch into water types
Ability: Levitate
Modest
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
-Leaf Storm
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Protect

This guy I chose to be a counter to Rotom-W and other ground/water types or Ground types that would want to switch into me if I try to volt switch. Overall I think he might hold a decent spot on my team.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
-Tailwind
-Wide Guard
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Probably going to be a swap for Staraptor when I lead in doubles. Wide guard blocks all thoses multi hit moves especially Drazzling Gleam when with Garchomp and Tailwind will provide good support and rock slide for the multi hit STAB and protect for scouting.

Mega Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast/ Adaptability
Timid or Modest
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse/ HP Ice maybe? or if one move cant be obtained in gen 6
- Flash Cannon
-Vacuum Wave

This guy I plan to have fun with haha. Should be a great addition I think and should be a revenge killer or sweeper.

The only thing is I didnt research enough to see if these moves were obtainable in Gen 6 on Kalos bred mons for VGC. So if anyone notices one on one of my new pokemon please tell me. And that concludes my doubles VGC/ Special cup team. Please rate and tell me Love/ Hate it ect.. Even if you wanna call me a scrub go ahead, ill take it all. Thanks in advance.

Everything here seems pretty good but im pretty sure aerodactyl isn't allowed in VGC since it isn't in the kalos pokedex anyways great team and I suggest replacing aerodactyl with a mixed tyranitar hope this helped :)

Aerodactyl actually is in the kalos dex (coastal) but yeah I was always thinking about choosing either Aerodactyl or Tyranitar when making this team. I'll test it out on showdown to see which ones fairs better. Thanks!

4 of your pokemon are weak to ice: you might want to use T-tar, as previously stated. Also, you might need a wall/staller for your team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)