NEWBIE ALERT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Im just gonna get straight to the point: My TEAM (right?)

So #1

Volcarona:
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Flame Body
Evs: 252 HP 204 DEF 52 SPE
Moves:
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Roost
-Quiver Dance

Good type coverage. I usually set up with quiver dance and then basically sweep from there. I have a expert belt cause thats what my friend recommended and i find lots of pokemon that are weak to bug...i dunno. Uhh..then roost simply to keep me going and not be that fragile?

Forretress
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
Evs: 252 DEF 252 HP 4 ATK
Moves:
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Stealth Rocks
-Rock Slide

My setter upper. My focus sash is usually for those fire types and i put rock slide on their because i see lots of fire-flying types nowadays. Rapid Spin, obviously to get off any hazards. Overall i feel its a solid set?

Greninja
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Evs: 252 SPE 252 SPA 4 HP
Moves:
-Extrasensory
-Haze
-Scald
-Ice Beam

Haze. Yep so commonly used...Expert Belt because I honestly don't know anything else to put on it, but it does have nice type coverage. Protean cause of STAB. I have haze because its just useful for getting rid of 4x attack or whatnot.

Azumarill
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Evs: 252 ATK 252 HP 4 SPE
Moves:
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Brick Break

Pure power. My plan with azumarill is like this: Belly Drum, Sitrus Berry heals me, Aqua Jet or some other move... Aqua Jet and Play rough are my main two moves because of STAB.
Brick Break for type coverage.

Scizor
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Evs: 252 ATK 252 HP 4 SPD
Moves:
-Bullet Punch
-Fury cutter
-Defog
-U Turn

Uhh...I like U- turn. Ahh...choice band scizor is a quick U turn while doing lots of damage in the process. Defog...same intention as Greninja. Bullet Punch and fury cutter for Steel and Bug STAB.

Jolteon
Item: Choice Scarf EDIT: it is stupid I change to leftovers
Ability: Quick Feet
Evs: 252 SPE 252 SPA 4 HP
Moves:
-Roar
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic
-Protect

Extra speedy...I added A choice scarf just for the speed lol. I really like jolteon cause it outspeeds lots of dangerous water types especially gyarados... Roar to switch to an another opponent usually to get rid of their boosted stats.

So ya that concludes my team, i hope to receive some positive feedback cus I'm sure my team has lots of flaws...

P.S my first post :)

Last edited:
Use Sturdy on Forretress Overcoat has no point unless you're scared of Spore then just run safety goggles. Fury cutter Scizor is bad. use Bug Bite or Superpower. Do not use Scarf Jolteon use Choice Specs and also change the set to:

Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Hidden power ice
Shadow ball

Using roar Toxic and protect with Choice scarf is the worst idea I've ever heard of. Volt Absorb is better on Jolteon because it allows you to switch it in on incoming Electric moves. Forretress needs 200 Atk EV's to OHKO Zard Y and Talonflame. The spread is: 200 Atk 252 Def 56 HP

Use Sturdy on Forretress Overcoat has no point unless you're scared of Spore then just run safety goggles. Fury cutter Scizor is bad. use Bug Bite or Superpower. Do not use Scarf Jolteon use Choice Specs and also change the set to:

Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Hidden power ice
Shadow ball

Using roar Toxic and protect with Choice scarf is the worst idea I've ever heard of. Volt Absorb is better on Jolteon because it allows you to switch it in on incoming Electric moves. Forretress needs 200 Atk EV's to OHKO Zard Y and Talonflame. The spread is: 200 Atk 252 Def 56 HP

K thx! I was wondering why Rock slide didn't ohko Zard Y cause i mean like that 4 times weakness tho..

You need at least 3 lines to your descriptions and you need to mention natures. Rest of the rules are found here.

Run 248 HP on Volcarona. I suggest running 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd and a Bold Nature. I'd also replace Expert Belt with Leftovers. Jolteon is too frail to stall anyone out. Run Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Ice with either Specs, Life Orb or Air Balloon and run Volt Absorb. Replace Greninja's Haze with Dark Pulse because he's to frail to deal with those types of sweepers anyway. He needs as much coverage as he needs. Replace Scizor's Fury Cutter with Pursuit (wth is Fury Cutter doing there). Fury Cutter makes you Zard food. Defog is pretty weird on a Choice set. I'd replace that with Superpower for Heatran and no Scizor doesn't have a fast U-turn lol. Run Leftovers on Forretress, the ability Sturdy and a spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Atk and a Relaxed nature with 0 Speed IVs. Replace Rock Slide with Gyro Ball as you shouldn't be staying in on Zards anyway.

The team needs lots of work tbh. Both Zard formes give you trouble. Talonflame and Thundy could also blow past most of your team (Jolteon is 2HKOed by Brave Bird). Anyway, I hope these suggestions help. Good luck with your team! Welcome to Smogon!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
uh yeah, you need to improve your descriptions, a minimum of three lines per pokemon is required as others have told you. If you need more basic help, you could try the mentorship program... visit the Mentorship section of the forums for more info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)