Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽༼ ͒ ̶ ͒༽
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Acupressure is not a consistent way to lower evasion. It has been left in deliberately.

I was playing a generation 1 battle (gen1oubeta) on showdown, and after I used hyper beam I got the option to recharge (naturally):

http://gyazo.com/07fca604c54a79fa87041cac289be808

As you can see from the chat, I left the game several times. That was because every time I pressed the recharge button I was sent to this page:

http://gyazo.com/06f3c274bbd8862f91dd861706614858

So the battle would not progress, and I could only lose on time. I apologize if this is a well known bug, I searched for it and couldn't find anything about it.

Edit: This has happened every time after this, so I can't use hyper beam anymore. Anyone else having this glitch?

Last edited:
I found a Pokemon Showdown error with the replays.
I recorded it on my youtube channel and decided to upload it here:

The replay plays jumbled and awkwardly, anyone else have this issue?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I just recently discovered that Shaymin-S doesn't revert to normal Shaymin when he gets frozen on showdown.
Known bug
So from what I've heard, Rotom-W is forced to have Hydro Pump, correct? Well, apparently I have made a Rotom-W without it and it was considered legal. For References sake, here's the set I made:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Protect/Pain Split (switch every now and again)

Yeah...could somebody else look into this so I don't feel crazy?
Its not forced to have anything

you do realize that evasion is OUT of the question on Ps right theres a reason it got a complete ban from the game so leaving it in by a single move wouldnt only not make sense but its gonna bite back once the word spreads
There are plenty of ways to raise your evasion that are not banned:

Double Team and Minimize - Banned under Evasion Clause, to prevent you from abusing them (except in Ubers, where it's not worth giving up a move slot just for an evasion increase).

Bright Powder and Lax Incense - Not banned. It is generally not worth giving up a hold item just for a small evasion increase. (Only 1.1x and 1.05x, respectively.)

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak - Not banned. These were banned in Gen 5, because permaweather made it possible to abuse them by ALWAYS having your evasion increased, but with the weather nerf, the evasion boost is only temporary.

Tangled Feet - Not banned. It only triggers when you are confused, and so, like Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, it won't last forever.

Moody - Banned under Moody Clause. It has a chance of raising your evasion every turn.

Acupressure - Not banned. While it does have a chance of raising your evasion, the fact is that you'd be wasting the turn using this move just for a one-in-seven chance of it. Moody, by comparison, lets you use any move you want and still get the chance of a boost without eating up a turn. The cost of using this for one turn is just not worth it.

Contrary - Technically, you could boost your evasion by having a Contrary Pokémon get hit by Defog or Sweet Scent. While Defog is rather popular (mainly due to it being able to clear hazards), your opponent pretty much has to give you the evasion boost in order for this to work. I suppose you could use this in Doubles, with you targeting your ally with Defog (not Sweet Scent, as that is a spread move), but in Doubles, your opponent can just target the evasion-increased Pokémon with both attacks, causing them to have twice the odds of getting hit, so it's really not worth it even there. (To be honest, I wouldn't mind removing Evasion Clause entirely in Doubles, but that's beside the point.)

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I was playing a generation 1 battle (gen1oubeta) on showdown, and after I used hyper beam I got the option to recharge (naturally):

http://gyazo.com/07fca604c54a79fa87041cac289be808

As you can see from the chat, I left the game several times. That was because every time I pressed the recharge button I was sent to this page:

http://gyazo.com/06f3c274bbd8862f91dd861706614858

So the battle would not progress, and I could only lose on time. I apologize if this is a well known bug, I searched for it and couldn't find anything about it.

Edit: This has happened every time after this, so I can't use hyper beam anymore. Anyone else having this glitch?
Are you using a custom client? I've tested this and I'm not getting the same result

What form was your Arceus meant to be?
Okay, I guess I wasn't too clear with my original post, so I'll try to rephrase what I said. The problem with that image is that you can see what form of Arceus the opponent is using (all Arceus forms are supposed to show up as Normal in team preview) in the first place. Hope that clears things up.

Alright I'm going to right this here, this may be a problem on my end I'm not sure. My showdown will continuously crash on itself mid-games. By crashing on itself I mean it will permanently freeze at a random time, and will remain unchanged until the tab is closed. I had a match today where it did this four different times, and how I got around it was I had to copy the URL and open a new tab and paste it there. I know my friend has said he has lost ladder games due to Pokemon Showdown crashing on him. I feel this needed to be reported at least, because it's getting rather annoying, and I know I could keep doing the tab correction but I shouldn't have to do that you know. Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-7810

Doing this for makiri. The replay shows that in a doubles battle, when you use rage powder/follow me in conjunction with a partner that is transformed, the follow me/rage powder user will also redirect the targetting attacks from the partner. This was shown on turn 5 and 7.
Well that's interesting...
Okay, I guess I wasn't too clear with my original post, so I'll try to rephrase what I said. The problem with that image is that you can see what form of Arceus the opponent is using (all Arceus forms are supposed to show up as Normal in team preview) in the first place. Hope that clears things up.
This should be fixed by now, check again.

Last edited:
Hello, RbyOU(beta) has several glitches with how wrap,clamp,fire spin, and bind are coded. Before anyone says wrap and its variants are "different" in gen1, I already know. What i'm referencing specifically are three different glitches about these moves, and i'll explain what's wrong about each of them. I'll use the term "wrap" below but it applies to all 4 of the trapping moves.

Glitch One: The First wrap in a sequence determines the damage of that sequence of wraps. This is despite if the opponent switches out It's quite difficult to explain but, and with wrap it isn't extremely noticeable, but let me show you what happens with this glitch.

Example: turn 1: Cloyster uses clamp on rhydon. Clamp has water typing so rhydon loses 55% of it's health let's just say that's 200 damage (idk the actual damage). Okay all is fine so far, but than (turn 2) he switches out to exeggutaur, egg gets clamped takes it's usual 8% damage(crit), but than the next turn (turn 3) THE CLAMP WILL DO THE 200 DAMAGE TO EGG A GRASS TYPE THAT IS SUPPOSE TO RESIST WATER MOVES. Now he could of switched to litterally any pokemon and it wouldn't matter because the clamp will keep doing 200 damage (except for the first turn on the switch).
Turns 1-3 show this enormous problem.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1oubeta-112846931
Note: at the end of turn 3 the clamp ended so the massive damage didn't continue, but it would have.
-------------------------------------------------
Glitch Two: The last wrap in terms of PP is coded wrong if the opponent switches out. Now, wrap has 32PP, and switching out is a viable way to deal with wrap abuse as each switch out will lower the wrappers PP by 1. However if you are not counting EXACTLY how many wraps they have left, than they will have an infinite number of wraps. If you make the mistake of switching out when they have 1 PP left, it will "roll-over" and they will reset to having 32pp again, even though they should of ran out of PP.
--------------------------------------------------
Glitch Three: All of the trapping moves have an equal chance of doing 2, 3, 4 and 5 turns of trapping. THIS IS WRONG, as in the game it is a 37.5% chance for 2 turns, 37.5% for 3 turns, and 12.5% for 4 and 5 turns. The way it is coded now gives a 25% chance for each of these options.
---------------------------------------------------
Glitch Four: (unrelated to wrap) The move amnesia is supposed to work on Goldduck and Psyduck in gen1, yet i'm not allowed to give either of them this move on the simulator. (it's not the illegal move problem), it plain won't allow me to use it even if i add it on him.
*Will anything be done about any of this?

Also, i'm not sure if this belongs here, but gen1custom game is broken, as it allows abilities, and items ETC. That isn't gen1. (perhaps it's all custom games?)

Last edited:
So, this happened.

Another user saw that too in another battle with the same guy, but I couldn't save a screenshot since the sprite from behind looked OK.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
So, this happened.

Another user saw that too in another battle with the same guy, but I couldn't save a screenshot since the sprite from behind looked OK.
This will be fixed soon, thank you for pointing that out.
So I was playing a battle of ADV Custom Game (Ubers), but Rayquaza switching in didn't eliminate the rain like it should. Though it probably didn't matter in this battle i'd like to see Air Lock functioning correctly for when it does matter.

The battle; http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3customgame-112879661
Air Lock is not meant to remove the weather, it only stops the effects, such as increasing the power of certain types or the damage from Sandstorm.
Glitch Two: The last wrap in terms of PP is coded wrong if the opponent switches out. Now, wrap has 32PP, and switching out is a viable way to deal with wrap abuse as each switch out will lower the wrappers PP by 1. However if you are not counting EXACTLY how many wraps they have left, than they will have an infinite number of wraps. If you make the mistake of switching out when they have 1 PP left, it will "roll-over" and they will reset to having 32pp again, even though they should of ran out of PP.
If the target switches while the move has 0PP, the PP is reset to 32PP, that is how it works in-game.
Glitch Four: (unrelated to wrap) The move amnesia is supposed to work on Goldduck and Psyduck in gen1, yet i'm not allowed to give either of them this move on the simulator. (it's not the illegal move problem), it plain won't allow me to use it even if i add it on him.
This will be fixed as soon as possible.

I will look into the other glitches that you posted and hopefully get those sorted out.

Last edited:
The sprite glitching where my opponent's Arceus seems to have become a Mewtwo

someone tell me how to do spoilers pls :p

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The sprite glitching where my opponent's Arceus seems to have become a Mewtwo
This glitch has been happening for a while now, it's something to do with Arceus's forme being undefined in team preview which then confuses the simulator once the forme is revealed.

I hit someone with Toxic who was currently protected by Shadow Force's charge-up phase. The Toxic user was a Poison type, and No Guard, Lock On, etc were NOT involved. I realize Poison types skip the Accuracy check for Toxic, but my understanding is that the only time skipping accuracy checks bypassed semi-invulnerable turns was in Generation I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)