NOC Great Idea NOC Mafia: Smogon Edition (Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

approved by askaninjask
based on this mafiascum setup

It's mafia. What else do you need?

0. shinyskarmory is your host, and the RNG is your god. I have the right to resolve any disputes that may arise in any way I see fit.

0. This game is No Outside Communication. That means you may not communicate AT ALL outside the game thread, unless your role PM says so. Any violations of this rule will result in you being godkilled in whichever way I feel would be most damaging to you and your team. You are also forbidden to edit or delete your posts. Also, once you’re dead, you may not communicate with players still alive unless you are in an anti-town faction, in which case you may talk to your teammates only. There will be a deadchat.

1. Basic Day Rules-This game is a Day Start game. Each Day phase will last 72 hours minimum, with extensions of 72 hours, 48 hours, and 24 hours earnable based on activity (see Rule 3). During the Day, you may vote to lynch any other player by posting “Day X-Lynch <USER>” in bold. To change your vote, simply post “Unvote” in bold, and then post your new vote. If majority is reached, then the player will be immediately lynched; however, at the end of the day, any player with a plurality of votes will be lynched.

2. Day Rules: Special Circumstances-
  • If, at the end of any day, the vote is tied, then the player involved in the tie with the most TOTAL votes (all votes that were cast, even if they were later changed) during the day will be lynched. If it is still a tie, no player will be lynched.
  • If majority is reached but a vote is changed before I can update, the existing majority will stand and the player will still be lynched.
  • Votes for dead players or players not in the game are void.
  • On MYLO/LYLO days, a majority MUST be reached in order for a lynch to occur.
3. Earning Extensions-When there are approximately 12 hours remaining in a Day Cycle, I will post an Activity Review along with one of the vote counts. If I find your activity since the beginning of the day and/or the last extension to be satisfactory, I will extend the deadline for the day. Deadline extensions will be 72 hours for the first extension, 48 for the second, 24 each for the third and fourth (with no further extensions), for a maximum day length of 10 IRL days if all possible extensions are earned.

4. Night Rules-At night, if you have an action, respond to the conversation with your role PM to use it. You may also use said conversation to ask me any questions you feel need to be private. If you have an action that you would prefer not to use, you MUST send me a PM telling me so. Nights will last 24 hours UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, even if all actions are sent in faster.

5. Inactivity-Please don't do it. Lurking makes the game worse for everybody. If you don't post in the thread at least every 24 hours or so, you'll get a warning. If inactivity continues, you'll be subbed out if I have one available. The same goes for night actions-miss more then one and I'll sub you out. If you inform me about absences beforehand, we can talk about giving you a temporary replacement instead of a full sub. If you don't, I have no choice but to just sub you out.

6. Role Distribution: After signups conclude, I will use Random.org to distribute a random role from the list below to each player in the game. No player will get the same numbered role as another player; however, duplicate roles do exist and can be given out. The first setup meeting the following criteria will be used:
  • village must have greater than 50% of the votes on Day 1 (i.e. if every villager was cleaned D1, they would be able to win a lynch against a known mafian or third party)
  • the mafia faction may be no larger than 33% of the game size
  • there may be no more then 3 neutrals
Any amusing setups created by the RNG that I don’t end up running will show up in postgame.

7. The Jackass Clause-Don’t be one. This obviously applies to stuff like intentionally screwing over your team/allies, constant verbal abuse of other players in the game, deadtalking, but can also be extended to anything else I deem to be jackassery. You’ll be subbed or godkilled, pretty much. Unintentional poor play is not included in this clause.

8. The Fun Clause-This is not a 100% serious game. Balance is NOT guaranteed. With that in mind, relax a bit and have fun. You still need to pay attention to posts and try to win, but keep everything relaxed.

9. The Elastic Clause-I reserve the right to change the rules of this game at any time for any reason.

So, shinyskarmory, what the hell is going on here?
This is a NOC mafia game, obviously. More to the point, it's meant to be a fun distraction and a chance to let off some steam after the two Big games we just had.

In keeping with that, I've taken a setup from mafiascum.net and adapted it for Smogon, removing some of the really weird roles and additional minifactions in their version to convert it into a traditional village vs mafia vs neutrals setup.

You still haven't answered my question.
I'm getting there.

In this game, after signups I will go into my list of 100 roles and use an RNG to create a setup. Even I don't know what this game will look like yet, other then that the Village will have a majority on day 1, the Mafia will constitute no more then a third of the game, and obviously neutrals will be kept to a minimum. Each player will get a random role from the list, making setup entirely unpredictable.

Can we see the list of roles?
I'm glad you asked:
1. Vanilla Town-no special abilities
2. Vanilla Town
3. Vanilla Town
4. Vanilla Town
5. Vanilla Town
6. Vanilla Town
7. Vanilla Town
8. Vanilla Town
9. Vanilla Town
10. Vanilla Town
11. Watcher-sees who targeted a player at night
12. Watcher
13. Watcher
14. Tracker-sees who a player targeted at night
15. Tracker
16. Cop (sane)-Gets results of “Town”, “Not Town”, or “No Result” if hooked
17. Cop (insane)-Results reversed. Does not know they are insane.
18. Cop (amnesiac)-Results are not given, revealed to all players upon death.
19. FBI Agent-Gets results of “Serial Killer” or “Not Serial Killer”
20. Talent Scout-Is told what ability a target used
21. Deputy-Gains the ability of the first village-aligned inspector to die (roles 11-20)
22. Deputy
23. Bulletproof Townie-Survives the first kill used upon them
24. Bulletproof Townie
25. Bodyguard-Protects target from all kills used on them, at the cost of their own life
26. Bodyguard
27. Doctor (sane)-Protects target from all kills used on them
28. Doctor (paranoid)-Protects target from all kills, but also prevents them from using their night action
29. Doctor (weak)-Protects target from all kills used on them, dies if he targets anti-town players
30. Doctor (weak)
31. Hider-Immune to kills, dies if he hides behind an anti-town player or if the person he hides behind is killed
32. Hider
33. Hider
34. Nurse-Gains the ability of the first village-aligned protector to die (roles 23-30)
35. Nurse
36. Nurse
37. Town Innocent Child-Confirmed clean on day 1
38. Town Innocent Child
39. Miller-inspects as mafia, knows they are miller, alignment revealed upon death
40. Butcher-inspects as serial killer, knows they are butcher, alignment revealed upon death
41. Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Townie-always appears to have targeted the player who was killed at night
42. Enigmatic Townie-Comes up “no result” to all inspections, as if the inspector was hooked
43. Parolee-lynched with one vote less then majority
44. Paranoid Gun Owner-shoots any player who targets him at night
45. Mason-Can talk privately with any other Masons at night
46. Mason
47. Mason
48. Mason Leader-can talk with any other masons, and can also recruit new Masons
49. Mason Leader
50. Governor-Can cancel the lynch once in the game
51. Vengeful Townie-Upon being lynched, kills the last person who targeted them
52. Mayor-Vote counts twice
53. Mayor
54. Day Vigilante-Can shoot another player once during the day
55. Day Vigilante
56. Mafia Goon-Standard Mafia member. No special abilities.
57. Mafia Goon
58. Mafia Goon
59. Mafia Goon
60. Mafia Goon
61. Mafia Goon
62. Mafia Goon
63. Mafia Goon
64. Mafia Roleblocker-Prevents target from using their ability
65. Mafia Roleblocker
66. Mafia Roleblocker
67. Mafia Roleblocker
68. Mafia Godfather-Comes up “town” on cop inspection, “Not Serial Killer” on FBI inspection, and “No Ability” on Talent Scout inspection.
69. Mafia Godfather
70. Mafia Godfather
71. Mafia Talent Scout-Is told the ability of their target, but not their alignment
72. Mafia Talent Scout
73. Mafia Talent Scout
74. Mafia Ninja-Upon carrying out mafia kill, Trackers get “No Result” and Watchers do not detect
75. Mafia Janitor-Upon carrying out mafia kill, only the dead player’s name and alignment are revealed.
76. Serial Killer (basic)-Nightly kill. Wins if they are the last player standing
77. Serial Killer (basic)
78. Serial Killer (basic)
79. Bulletproof Serial Killer-The first kill attempt on him is blocked-normal SK otherwise
80. Poisoning Serial Killer-Targets are informed they were poisoned, then die the next night
81. Alpha Serial Killer-Comes up “Town” to Cop inspections, nightly kill
82. Copycat Serial Killer-Gains the role of anyone he killed for one night
83. Recruiting Serial Killer-Can recruit one player in the game
84. Commuting Serial Killer-If chooses not to kill, causes anyone who targets him to fail and inspectors get “No Result”
85. Lynchproof Serial Killer-Survives first lynch attempt against him
86. Lover-3rd party, wins if they and their partner both survive
87. Lover
88. Lover
89. Lover
90. Compulsive Nymphomaniac-On Night 1, recruits one player to be a Lover with him
91. Lyncher-Randomly assigned target, wins if their target is lynched
92. Lyncher
93. Politician-Wins if he has the most total votes when the game ends, must survive
94. Politician
95. Pacifist-Wins if there is ever a No Lynch followed by a no kill night
96. Pacifist
97. Traitor-allied with mafia but does not know their names, wins if the mafia wins. Mafia is told that they have a traitor aligned with them, but does not know who it is unless they attempt to kill him, in which case it will fail.
98. Traitor
99. Traitor
100. Traitor

You really think you can get 100 players for this game?
No, I don't. I'll just have to settle for the first 15 or so.

Come on in, sit down, and sign up!

Signups:
  1. Celever (first)
  2. Empoof (not first)
  3. UllarWarlord (either second or third)
  4. More Cowbell (is bad at mafia, apparently)
  5. Felony (has pokeballs of a disproportionate size)
  6. LightWolf (is a future mass murderer)
  7. Ace Emerald (vivisected a pikachu in biology today)
  8. Paperblade (papercuts)
  9. Walrein (the last person picked in mafia gym class)
  10. starwarsfan (secretly prefers star trek)
  11. Da Letter El (mnop)
  12. Cancerous (chemo is the only option)
  13. Obbmud99 (original post. do not steal.)
  14. Memoric (the question is, are you able?)
  15. Blue Tornado (what a save)
Extra Players (I'll need you for subs)

1. Tesung (meloetta sux)

Last edited:
Okay, since signups are going a little bit faster then I expected, signups will close at 3 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT-4) this afternoon if we have 15 or more players. The game thread will go up about an hour after signups close because I have to randomize the roles that are in the game (while throwing out any obviously broken setups) then randomize the players that actually get said roles, and then put together a spreadsheet.

If you're too busy to play at the moment but know your schedule will open up later, PM me for info about subbing in mid game.

Since we have enough players, I'm gonna start the game even though it's not quite 3 yet. Feel free to PM me to be added to the sub list if you missed signups but still want to play.

Final Playerlist:

1. Ace Emerald
2. Blue Tornado
3. Cancerous
4. Celever
5. Da Letter El
6. Empoof
7. Felony
8. LightWolf
9. Memoric
10. More Cowbell
11. Obbmud99
12. Paperblade
13. starwarsfan
14. UllarWarlord
15. Walrein

Lock this thread whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)