Sydney Regionals Team:

Voltaire (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
Level: 50
EVs: 164 HP / 4 Def / 172 SAtk / 4 SDef / 164 Spd (Change suggested by Pinoy Pwnage)
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- The crux, of the team Mega Manectric. This thing has a use in and outside of its Mega form. It can redirect Electric attacks and also Intimidate any physical threat with its blazing speed and fantastic momentum. Unfortunately, this thing misses out on KO's with Hidden Power Ice often, and Volt Switch and Overheat are the real heroes, when I use it right which is most of the time, this thing can become the ultimate Kangaskhan killer, paired with Garchomp.

Mushking (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge (Change suggested by Pinoy Pwnage)
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 108 Def / 164 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

There is so much to say about Amoonguss, it can survive Return's from M-Kangaskhan with Sitrus Berry and can Regenerate health with its ability and can mixed bulk many, many hits. Rage Powder is so fun to use, there is so much use to it. It can redirect attacks meant for Azumarill while it Belly Drum's and when Amoonguss is on low HP can take on the chin powerful hits meant for Azumarill and become a hero.

The Heat (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 164 SAtk / 20 SDef / 60 Spd
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

This set of EV's is complicated and allows Rotom-H to survive relevant hits. The STAB's along with great resistance mean Rotom-H can wreck unprepared teams, and prepared teams alike. With Will-o-Wisp coverage this thing is dynamic and with Safety Goggles says NO to Amoonguss's Spore. It punishes it with STAB Modest Overheat.

Easter (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry (Change suggested by Pinoy Pwnage)
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk /248 HP/8 SDef (Change suggested by tlyee61)
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect
- Aqua Jet

This thing, woah. My team lacks priority so here is my only priority and boy, does it pay off in battle. It has saved me many times, its Play Rough is a nuke and Careful is for more bulk and the Leftovers where kind of chucked on it, so feel free to suggest another item I'll be open honestly. Belly Drum is the crux. When you partner up Azumarill with Amoonguss's Rage Powder you can wreck shop with +6 Huge Power Priority STAB. Nuff said.

NeedforSpeed (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 204 Atk / 252 Spd / 12 HP / 4 Def / 36 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Earthquake

Garchomp is my favourite Pokemon and to find a use in my VGC team was a must. This thing can 2HKO M-Kangaskhan's with Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin alone. The EV's are to add a bit more bulk and to survive M-Manectric's HP Ice's. Otherwise relatively standard!

Team Player (Ferrothorn) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 204 Atk / 252 HP / 52 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed

My win-condition. When Fire types and to a lesser extent Fighting types are out, this thing, is unstoppable with Leech Seed and Protect. But the unsung stars of the set are Power Whip and Gyro Ball. With Ultimate Slowness it can land hard neutral hits and bulk hits easily.

Last edited:
To start off, I would just like to say that this VGC team is very solid, Jaffa Ball. :D Your team has amazing synergy and I don't notice any gaping weaknesses; you have great coverage all around and the members of your team cover each other's weaknesses.

The only change I would make to your team is to change Manectric's EV spread to 164 HP / 4 Def / 172 SAtk / 4 SDef / 164 Spd. This allows Manectric to have a guaranteed survival from a Modest Mega-Charizard-Y Heat Wave in Sun, while outspeeding Noivern by just one point. Not only that, you will still OHKO 4 HP Talonflame 100% of the time with Volt Switch while OHKOing Max HP Mega-Mawile with 4 SDef EVs (75% of the time) and Max HP Klefki with 4 SDef EVs (93.8% of the time) with Overheat. This spread makes Manectric somewhat bulky while dealing significant damage to the opponent and outspeeding with its high Special Attack and Speed stats.

As for the item on Azumarill, I would normally run a Sitrus Berry on him due to the fact he will still retain 75% of his health after a Belly Drum at full HP. Amoonguss can either hold a Mental Herb to resist Taunt or Black Sludge for gradual HP recovery so that Azumarill can carry a Sitrus Berry, but Leftovers will be fine on Azumarill, it's your choice.

I really like your team man; it's very impressive and I think you'll go far in VGC Regionals with this one. Good luck! :]

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 164 HP / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 172 SAtk / 164 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:
damn that is a strong mane spread

i would suggest making azumarill's hp ev's 212 if you're going to use sitrus. 212 makes it so that after a belly drum, you don't have to wait for sitrus to activate. also, I would use adamant on azu because you want to hit as hard as possible with +6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)