Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question: how do you soft reset? I always forget how to.[/quote]

To soft reset press down the A + B + Start + Select buttons all at once (for GBA) for DS I think it is the same thing, except you also press the X and Y buttons in addition to the others

I can't find this anywhere on Smogon...does focus punch only fail if the user takes damage (of any kind) before focus punch hits? Or does it fail if you get hit by any attack (Will-o-wisp, mean look, leer, etc.)?

I know that with breeding, you can't breed a parent with its child (incest clause), but can you breed a clone of a parent with its child?

More clearly:
1. clone parent (in this case ditto)
2. breed ditto with, um, a charizard.
could the baby charmander breed with the cloned ditto (which didn't breed at all?)

I can't find this anywhere on Smogon...does focus punch only fail if the user takes damage (of any kind) before focus punch hits? Or does it fail if you get hit by any attack (Will-o-wisp, mean look, leer, etc.)?
Moves that don't do any damage like Leer won't prevent Focus Punch from hitting. You have to be damaged by an attack.

You can breed babies with babies and parents with babies and all that. Unless the baby is a Pokemon that can't breed, like Togepi, in which case you would have to evolve it to Togetic before breeding. Cloning has nothing to do with it.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know that with breeding, you can't breed a parent with its child (incest clause), but can you breed a clone of a parent with its child?
Actually, you very much can breed the parent with its child in Advance\DP.

The only place you couldn't do this was in GSC, where the mechanics of breeding prevented this. Basically, it would pass down the Defense and Special IVs of the father to daughter or from mother to son. If the Defense IVs and Special IVs of the two parents matched, it wouldn't allow breeding.

For this same reason, you couldn't breed two shinies - all shinies had the same Defense and Special IVs.

I've been frequenting the GFAQs trading boards lately, and I'm wondering about some terms. 10 ANIV is obvious. I also managed to figure out what LF and FT stood for. But what are the Palcity and Bryant Park events?

If I battle a Starly which gives me 1 EV in speed. And my Pokemon has both Pokerus and that Power Item that gives me 4 EVs in speed. Does that mean its (4+1)x2 which equals 10?

And if I battle a Staravia which gives me 2 EV in speed. And my Pokemon again has both Pokerus and that Power Item that gives me 4 EV in speed. Doest that mean this time I get 12 EVs instead of 10 EVs?

There are no technical ramifications to inbreeding in D/P.

You may feel a bit disgusted, but it's fine if you try not to think about it too much.

Where do you find Gible in the Wayward Cave?
It says its in a "secret area"... Where is this?
There is a hidden section of Wayward Cave. The entrance to this secret part is directly under the Cycling Road, so you can't actually see the entrance. Just go north towards the normal Wayward Cave then go under the cycle road and use trial and error until you enter the secret entrance.

How much attack does Infernape need to guarantee an OHKO on Blissey with max IV/EV with Close Combat?
305 Attack = 85% - 100% Damage
359 Attack = 100% Damage

Infernape can't hit 359 attack so it cannot guarantee a OHKO on Max HP/Def Blissey without Choice Band/Expert Belt/Life Orb.

With Life Orb Infernape only needs 270 Attack to guarantee a OHKO on Max/Max Blissey. 229 is the lowest possible attack stat that can OHKO Blissey with a stabbed Life Orb Close Combat (85% - 100% Damage).

What would be the best set for my Adamant Gyarados with very low speed, high hp and high attack?
You could still use it as a bulky DDGyara. However you could try a Choice Band or even a Sleep Talk Gyarados.

CB - EQ / Waterfall / Ice Fang / Stone Edge
Stalk - Waterfall / Rest / Sleep Talk / Stone Edge or EQ

I'd personally use the CB set to hit harder then usual as if it is really slow I doubt you'll even get close to outspeeding anything that you need to, i.e. Gengar

How necessary is a 0 speed IV on a TRer. I have a 28/31/31/31/31/3 Teddiursa; would 3 speed be low enough?
It might have trouble with other base 55 TRers such as Machamp.

@0mastar

Well, if i would give it near max speed, after one DD it would outspeed a modest gengar. Max it can hit after one DD is 345 Speed. Is this enough for DDgyara?

@0mastar

Well, if i would give it near max speed, after one DD it would outspeed a modest gengar. Max it can hit after one DD is 345 Speed. Is this enough for DDgyara?
Depends if your team is more suited to a bulky DDGyara or a flat out sweeper DDGyara then.

I'd personally go with the bulky version because you're going to have to use a lot of EVs just to get it's speed high enough to be useful. While bulky will take hits a lot better, it'll just mean you'll need a second DD, which you'd probably need anyway.

Are these good IVs for a Rash Heatran (speed last) 14 - 15/16/31/30 - 31/30/26 - 27?
Looks excellent for a Specs/Scarf Heatran imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)