Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Volcanion

Votes: 50 39.1%
  • jrp

Votes: 49 38.3%

• Total voters

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So Matt has been using this trolling team using Fling Salac Berry onto a Dark-weak Weakness Policy mon.

I can't help but feel that would be really legit on Hoopa. +2 Hyperspace Hole is scary strong, +1 speed means you don't need to run Scarf and can therefore dodge Busharp's Sucker Punches. It's a gimmick, but at least a strong one roughly on par with Terracott.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So Matt has been using this trolling team using Fling Salac Berry onto a Dark-weak Weakness Policy mon.

I can't help but feel that would be really legit on Hoopa. +2 Hyperspace Hole is scary strong, +1 speed means you don't need to run Scarf and can therefore dodge Busharp's Sucker Punches. It's a gimmick, but at least a strong one roughly on par with Terracott.
1hp Hoopa will be threatening as fuck with priority everywhere n_n

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, Fling with a Berry will only have 10 BP, which is 40 BP factoring x4 super effective, which is not something Hoopa can't sponge lol.

The strategy is a sound one, but idk how it would work on Hoopa. It'll be a very powerful, but tbh it doesn't need more power- what it needs is more bulk and less of a weakness to priority attacks, neither of which the fling strategy helps with. Why not Fling onto something like Gengar or Trevenant, who are much less weak to priority. Trevenant can even burn Bisharp and Mega Kangaskhan, removing two prime Sucker Punchers from its threatlist. Gengar has Protect / Disable, which kind of forces it to forfeit coverage but oh well.

It's a damn shame that Talonflame doesn't get Fling, however, because that strategy would work very well paired with Acrobatics Gale Wings. Oh well, a guy can dream. :]

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
With Volcanion, I'm going to use surf on adjacent Pokemon, maybe even with rain support.
Water absorb is just great for doubles.

Sample set:
Hoopa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick
How would tricking the scarf onto something probably carrying a sitrus berry when Hoopa is at low hp? It could eat the berry, get it's HP back, and retain the scarf because of magician. It wasn't me who originally came up with this trick, and I'm sure it's common knowledge that I only recently heard about. Magician can also be useful with all the knock-offs going around

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DIANCIE MEGA CONFIRMED
This also leads me to believe that both Hoopa and Volcanion may pick up Mega Evoloutions but we'll have to see.
According to this the Diancie movie will be airing on July the 19th so hopefully everything will be revealed then.

POTENTIAL MEGAS GET HYPE.

I hope that there WILL be Mega Hoopa and Mega Volcanion. I'm pretty excited for Mega Hoopa. Hoopa's Mega Evolution will probably give it better bulk. It'll be very useful indeed, as it will patch up Hoopa's disappointing Speed stat. Another helpful trait Mega Hoopa will gain is an increase to its 150 SpA. Its gigantic stat will let it grow to be one of premier special atackers. The thing I'm most hoping for is that the disappointing Speed stat will grow to about 90. Outspeeding most of the meta, it can KO most Pokemon before it gets KOed itself. Overall Mega Hoopa will be a giant threat.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Diancie has been released and is playable on Showdown!

What are your thoughts on Diancie?

I've tried TR Diancie on a semi-TR team as my lone TR user. I think it's alright, but I find the Rock-typing really lets it down due to its common weaknesses, exposing Diancie to 2HKOes. So it often sets up TR, gets an attack off, then faints. I found myself wishing I had Cress in its place due to her greater durability. I feel that it'd be better as part of a full TR team with at least one other TR settler so that you aren't dependent on getting around Rock-type's weaknesses.

Diamond Storm is a great STAB, both for being a 100 base power STAB that hits both your opponents and for the high chance to raise your Def. It, combined with Moonblast, gives Diancie some offensive P thanks to the good coverage of Rock and Fairy. And the icing on the cake, Clear Body means that Intimidate won't weaken Diamond Storm - Clear Body has been fairly useful on the whole. However I find that due to Diancie getting 2HKOed often, it can't utilise the Def boost well, and it usually goes to waste.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Diancie is a lot better than I thought it would be and can definitely make a pretty big dent in unprepared teams. Balloon is the item I've seen the most often and it's actually kinda annoying to deal with. It's surprisingly bulky and can take even super effective hits pretty well. Diamond Storm defense boosts are super annoying if you lack the right special attackers.

All in all, a great addition to full TR. But I agree with DM's criticisms above that it doesn't fit in too great on a semi-TR team where Cress is overwhelmingly the most versatile choice.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Clear Body STAB Diamond Storm coming off of base 100 Atk is pretty fucking solid imo. It is a spread move with 1) the power of Stone Edge, 2) greater accuracy than Rock Slide, and 3) 50% chance to boost its Defense. Rock-typing as a whole is good offensive-typing, so Diancie can spam this move without much repercussion. Dazzling Gleam is a pretty decent STAB coverage move, too. You want to pair Diancie with Pokemon that can deal with Steel-types, since she has no way of hurting them (and she is 4x weak)

Here are some set ideas: OTR set with Weakness Policy is a great way to take advantage of Diancie's great bulk and exploitable weakness IMO. Assault Vest is also interesting; AV would boost Diancie's special bulk further while Diamond Storm would bolster her physical Defense. I even think a CB set may work, since it can just spam Diamond Storm for good hard damage. CB's Attack boost cannot be negated by Intimidate, either, thanks to Clear Body :d

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Clear Body STAB Diamond Storm coming off of base 100 Atk is pretty fucking solid imo. It is a spread move with 1) the power of Stone Edge, 2) greater accuracy than Rock Slide, and 3) 50% chance to boost its Defense. Rock-typing as a whole is good offensive-typing, so Diancie can spam this move without much repercussion. Dazzling Gleam is a pretty decent STAB coverage move, too. You want to pair Diancie with Pokemon that can deal with Steel-types, since she has no way of hurting them (and she is 4x weak)

Here are some set ideas: OTR set with Weakness Policy is a great way to take advantage of Diancie's great bulk and exploitable weakness IMO. Assault Vest is also interesting; AV would boost Diancie's special bulk further while Diamond Storm would bolster her physical Defense. I even think a CB set may work, since it can just spam Diamond Storm for good hard damage. CB's Attack boost cannot be negated by Intimidate, either, thanks to Clear Body :d
I really like the Weakness Policy idea. Especially considering that Diancie can utilise both the Atk boost and the SpA boost effectively - stronger Diamond Storm is awesome, and Moonblast now OHKOes most of the things it hits super-effecitvely even with 0 SpA EVs like Hitmontop and Latios which are both decently specially bulky. The notable exceptions are Goodra and Assualt Vest Conkeldurr who are very specially bulky, but Atk EVs are more useful for Diamond Storm.

Also I would recommend Moonblast instead of Dazzling Gleam. You don't want both your STABs being walled by Wide Guard, especially considering that Moonblast is a great answer to Hitmontop. And in terms of spamming multi-hit moves, Diamond Storm is easily the better choice than Dazzling Gleam in so many more situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)