Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

i got my assist combo character, i want my aerial dive character that doesn't ream the shield button at stupid difficult landing angles (rip smash 64 link pogo)

cmon greninja

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So E3 is June 10-12th. I predict we'll have a drought of info until then, unfortunately. Maybe Sakurai will surprise us, though.

I hope Flare Blitz turns blue when you're in your Mega form. Since Pokemon Trainer ended up being one of my mains, I'm pleased Charizard's returning.

(Squirtle though nooooooooooooooo)

Ridley is most likely de-confirmed after the Smash Bros. Direct, but I guess the separation of Samus and Zero Suit Samus kind of gives Metroid its second representative.

WFT is already representing the "Wii" universe. I don't see why they'd need another.
The issue is that Wii Fit outsold SSBB, so its kind of obvious why Wii Fit Trainer got in. Sadly the Mii's don't just represent the Wii and Wii U, but Nintendo's handheld line of devices and users as well. Because of the Find Mii II stage, I think we might get Mii this time around. Although it doesn't exactly thrill me, it might be reality. (hopefully the Find Mii II stage is like Pictochat in Brawl, just representing Nintendo and not a playable Character)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
but you can't argue that technically it has two representatives now

just like dr mario and mario were two different reps in melee (was it melee?)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah Dr. Mario that sure had staying power. Can't believe he didn't stick around with the 6 other Mario characters in Brawl. You are being facetious right?

Zero Suit Samus is the same character, and there's exactly one reason she's around at all (sex appeal).

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ignoring the sex appeal thing, zss was a heck of a lot fun for me to play in brawl (granted she doesn't get her armor projectiles now).

Either way, you want ridley, we get it, stop going out of your way to attack people with differing opinions. My ambivalence towards a character doesn't discredit your support for them.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Zero Suit Samus is the same character, and there's exactly one reason she's around at all (sex appeal).
They're the same person, yes, but Samus and Zero Suit Samus play entirely differently. I say that's a good requirement for being a different representative.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Either way, you want ridley, we get it, stop going out of your way to attack people with differing opinions.
Where in the past several months have I attacked anybody? Where in the past page has anybody even given a differing opinion for me to attack?

Anyway for a fan-service game, they could have the same character five times and still not "represent" a series any better. Hell, Street Fighter isn't even a crossover game and look at how well that usually goes over there. And for Metroid, the zero suit is just a really unimportant part of the franchise. It was used briefly in a decent Metroid game, and only came up again in the infamous Other M. More fans want to see the hunters from Prime 3, or from Hunters. And I'll admit I'm not one of them, and I see no reason to take her out of the game, but it's just not much of a showing for one of Nintendo's most popular franchises.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heaven forfend a bounty hunter birthed from a race of bird warriors be known for prominent breasts...

ZSS is a fine representative. The only other choices would be some of the other hunters from Metroid Hunters. Dark Samus and Mother Brain have been confirmed as a boss, but is it wrong for me to also want Thardus in there, somehow? Or maybe Kraid?

The other other remotely Samus-sized thing is a Chozo Statue. Almost every major encounter with something in Metroid is a massive hulking beast.

Also, predix for E3: Falcon and Ganondorf reveal - this time they aren't psuedo clones!

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heaven forfend a bounty hunter birthed from a race of bird warriors be known for prominent breasts...

ZSS is a fine representative. The only other choices would be some of the other hunters from Metroid Hunters. Dark Samus and Mother Brain have been confirmed as a boss, but is it wrong for me to also want Thardus in there, somehow? Or maybe Kraid?

The other other remotely Samus-sized thing is a Chozo Statue. Almost every major encounter with something in Metroid is a massive hulking beast.

Also, predix for E3: Falcon and Ganondorf reveal - this time they aren't psuedo clones!
I can already see the trailer for Ganondorf:

"I HAVE A SWORD!?"

It seriously concerns me that people care more about Ganondorf having a sword than whether or not he's actually good. In Brawl, he had literally zero moves that were safe on shield. That should be the ultimate concern, not whether or not he'll become uninspired disjointed zoner #5 or remain mildly similar to another character.

Also, this entire page is exactly why I don't want another Metroid rep.

Also, this entire page is exactly why I don't want another Metroid rep.
I only said another Metroid representative would be nice, but of corse nothing comes to mind that would actually be half decent, and just making sure you know I am not some Ridley fan who is in denial, I believe Ridley is too big. On the topic of Ganon I believe people want him to have a sword because of his appearance in Twilight Princess wielding one, and only using that sword as a taunt wasn't enough. Also because hopes that a longer reach would have made him a stronger fighter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)