Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know tbh this thread is filling up with everyday stupid, a point of noobliness that we were all at in one point of time
Like, I used to use mixed camerupt and mixed swampert and garbodor with venoshock in OU xD
So this thread needs something more... drastic.
You know what I'm saying?
Not just everyday stupidity, we need...

View attachment 13681
More chat stupidity guys pls :(

ALSO IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHERE NESS64 AND MICHAELOCHE GET ALL THEIR CONTENT THAT WOULD BE NICE
You can find all those things by just playing around the ladder at 1000 - 1200. That is where you see the mighty Thundershock Pikachu.

You can find all those things by just playing around the ladder at 1000 - 1200. That is where you see the mighty Thundershock Pikachu.
No seriously I'm having trouble finding noobs in the lower ladder honestly
Most of the actual noobs I find are either too silent to be interesting or they aren't stupid enough for this thread :(

You know tbh this thread is filling up with everyday stupid, a point of noobliness that we were all at in one point of time
Like, I used to use mixed camerupt and mixed swampert and garbodor with venoshock in OU xD

View attachment 13681

ALSO IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHERE NESS64 AND MICHAELOCHE GET ALL THEIR CONTENT THAT WOULD BE NICE
I think they get their content from Watch Battle. I've seen some shit there. And Snotjoch , it's pretty hard to find ADVANCED STUPIDITY in OU most of the time. I mean, look at my recent replays, they aren't THAT stupid
Though Ubers is a WHOLE different story altogether. That's where you find bottom of the barrel type shit XD
Mega Houndoom is legit. If it wasn't Mega Houndoom then it is silly.
Reminds me, I need to take advantage of Solar Power. I might replace NP with SD... And Sludge Bomb with Solarbeam Yes I quoted this for no reason :D
(Also I'm glad to know MHound is Legit Swag)

View attachment 13681

I get my stuff from Watch Battle, like HcLegend said, and I have a scout team that revolves around finding out movesets and items in Ubers and OU.

No seriously I'm having trouble finding noobs in the lower ladder honestly
Most of the actual noobs I find are either too silent to be interesting or they aren't stupid enough for this thread :(
<1200 on the ladder, there's a lot of noobs. But honestly, for every 10-20 I play vs. the ladder there, I maybe get 1-2 that are interesting enough to post about. That doesn't make the rest any less bad, but there's a difference between people who failed to stop a Volcarona sweep because their Stone Edge misses, and those who fail to stop it because they're spamming Will-o-Wisp. There's also a difference between seeing a Bisharp with Stone Edge (silly because I'm not too sure what he's trying to hit with it, but not really worth posting about if that's the only thing weird he has), and seeing a Keldeo with Stone Edge (special attacker with far better options than running a physical attack in the 4th slot).

Out of the noobs I do get, there's 3 categories of awful:

1. Awful sets - these are the people who are running shit like mixed Haxorus with Attract, "bulky" Infernape with Toxic and Roar, and Dynamic Punch Gengar. Usually the majority of things that make it to this topic.
2. Awful teams - These are the teams with Tyranitar and Shedinja on the same team, Shedinja with nothing that can remove rocks, 5 things on the team weak to Ground but not enough offensive presence for that to not matter, etc. Usually not interesting enough to post about in and of itself if they just have a couple of outclassed things.
3. Awful decision making - People who keep Hydreigon in on Sylveon, spam toxic against a Scizor while it sets up, etc. One misplay is usually not enough to warrant making it to this topic (such as if a Scizor is out on a Charizard and the Charizard uses Solar Beam - he probably expected his opponent to switch to his water type), but several turns of horrible decisions is silly.

So, if someone is using a Torterra, that doesn't necessarily make it to the topic for me, since it's not interesting enough in and of itself (especially if the set they use makes sense and his decisions mostly make sense as well).

So the OU ladder was down apparently, so I made a new alt and connected for a Ubers match (which I haven't played for a looong time). The first battle I get -
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-121266840
Half of his team was legit (kinda) with Lead SashTar, Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Hydreigon. But, I'm really not sure if using Golurk*, Armaldo** and Volcarona*** is justified....

*Giratina, anyone?
**see: Excadrill
***Kyogre says hi

Someone didn't get 6-0 because of Magikarp and Mega Houndoom couldn't even OHKO a Bidoof. I think that is more silly than the joke team lol.
To be fair, I could of OHKOd the Magi with Dark Pulse. But I was feeling merciful unlike our lord and saviour Goomy
As for Bidoof, didn't I use Solarbeam? (Still dumb like :P)

I recently started a new account named widetomato2, to test out new teams, before ruining my ranking... I saw this in the low ranks...

Dark pulse from a, hold it, BISHARP
he also had thunder on his electevire :I
I barely even won after he got 3 ancient power bosstes on his togekiss late game... Pretty scary...

Low on the ladder with my testing account I saw a Me First Mienshao.

But maybe it doesn't belong on this thread because it used Me First on my Aegislash who was attempting to shadow ball it O_O I was low enough HP that it KO'd me.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I keep seeing SD Aegislash whenever I make a new alt/troll the lower ladder. Like, seriously, talk about a great poke with a terrible set. SD Aegi is bad. Spread the word to all the noobs.

So the OU ladder was down apparently, so I made a new alt and connected for a Ubers match (which I haven't played for a looong time). The first battle I get -
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-121266840
Half of his team was legit (kinda) with Lead SashTar, Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Hydreigon. But, I'm really not sure if using Golurk*, Armaldo** and Volcarona*** is justified....

*Giratina, anyone?
**see: Excadrill
***Kyogre says hi
Hey, Volcarona needs to only be at +4 to not be ohko'd by water spout and ohko back with giga drain...

<1200 on the ladder, there's a lot of noobs. But honestly, for every 10-20 I play vs. the ladder there, I maybe get 1-2 that are interesting enough to post about. That doesn't make the rest any less bad, but there's a difference between people who failed to stop a Volcarona sweep because their Stone Edge misses, and those who fail to stop it because they're spamming Will-o-Wisp. There's also a difference between seeing a Bisharp with Stone Edge (silly because I'm not too sure what he's trying to hit with it, but not really worth posting about if that's the only thing weird he has), and seeing a Keldeo with Stone Edge (special attacker with far better options than running a physical attack in the 4th slot).

Out of the noobs I do get, there's 3 categories of awful:

1. Awful sets - these are the people who are running shit like mixed Haxorus with Attract, "bulky" Infernape with Toxic and Roar, and Dynamic Punch Gengar. Usually the majority of things that make it to this topic.
2. Awful teams - These are the teams with Tyranitar and Shedinja on the same team, Shedinja with nothing that can remove rocks, 5 things on the team weak to Ground but not enough offensive presence for that to not matter, etc. Usually not interesting enough to post about in and of itself if they just have a couple of outclassed things.
3. Awful decision making - People who keep Hydreigon in on Sylveon, spam toxic against a Scizor while it sets up, etc. One misplay is usually not enough to warrant making it to this topic (such as if a Scizor is out on a Charizard and the Charizard uses Solar Beam - he probably expected his opponent to switch to his water type), but several turns of horrible decisions is silly.

So, if someone is using a Torterra, that doesn't necessarily make it to the topic for me, since it's not interesting enough in and of itself (especially if the set they use makes sense and his decisions mostly make sense as well).
Or:
4. Awful attitude - These are people who remain butthurt about a loss, justify their ridiculous sets with even more ridiculous justifications, or question game mechanics and bans, basically anyone who acts like a retard in the chat. Which I want more of tbh, it's the most interesting and the only reason why I'm still viewing this thread.

Also am I the only one unable to view replays or is PS actually updating or whatever?

Or:
4. Awful attitude - These are people who remain butthurt about a loss, justify their ridiculous sets with even more ridiculous justifications, or question game mechanics and bans, basically anyone who acts like a retard in the chat. Which I want more of tbh, it's the most interesting and the only reason why I'm still viewing this thread.

Also am I the only one unable to view replays or is PS actually updating or whatever?
Or those who moan when their Greninja's Hydro Pump misses against Kingdra. (like it matters).
While we're at it, Focus Sash Swift Swim Shell Smash Omastar new meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)