NOC Great Idea Mafia-Game Over! Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg why won't people to my celever thing it makes by far the most sense
If both Celever and More Cowbell are village, we lose anyways because either way More Cowbell will die, and both of which would result in a loss. If we did get a scum, we would be in the exact same situation again tomorrow, but we wouldn't have a talent scout or a vengeful townie. I'll unvote you for now.
Unvote Tesung

That post is illogical, if we get scum then we wouldn't have had a vengeful townie in the first place
I meant on More Cowbell.

Here are the situations that I foresee.
A: Celever is Vengful, More Cowbell is scum.
Why would Cowbell not vote, and get killed anyway. If he is going to die, he would take someone with him. Tomarrow will be identical to today, but with 3 less people. The score tomorrow will be 3V and 2M, and we won't have a talent scout or another mafia hunt, because the remaining village will have only one useful role and two useless towns (unless spiresquire and ace emerald are both not lying about being clean.)
B: Celever is scum, More Cowbell is Townie.
No issues.
C: Celever is Scum, More Cowbell is Scum.
Cowbell would chose who's role is more important, and act accordingly. This also will cleans Cowbell if he Votes on Celever. (4V, 2M MYLO)
D: Celever is Vengful, More Cowbell is Townie.
We lose. We just do. Either way, More Cowbell dies.

I don't like our chances on this. We have a 25% chance of losing the game, 25% chance of Cleaning a mafia member, 25% chance of losing 2 village useful abilities, and 25% chance of winning with this gamble. I just don't like the chances of this. We have a 50% chance of negative outcome for the village, with only a 25% positive outcome for the village. This seems to me like a waste of valuable roles and time.

It means we have a 50 pct chance of good happening, a 25 pct of neutral. Regardless I think that celever is a good option regardless of that. Spiresquire is worth considering also

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Lol, I'm glad that people didn't go for Tesung's idiotic plan. It has to be said, neither Tesung nor spiresquire's claims have been particularly good, (one is a FU to watchers, the other is a mafia role as well as a village) and both have had rather large scumtells on them throughout the game. Tesung's lategame in particular has shifted my opinion on him. Spiresquire was the only person to actually jump on board with Tesung's plan, and I can't recall a single major conflict between the two of them this whole entire game. It actually wouldn't be too farfetched, from my POV, for these 2 to be in a scumteam together. I don't necessarily think that Ace Emerald is in on it, though. I just don't get that vibe from him. Anyway, I don't know who to lynch. I would actually be more happy with a spiresquire lynch than a Tesung, but I am completely and utterly open to either. I also feel like if we lynch spiresquire then Von will be p darn clean, sp I will park my vote on him for now. Unlynch More cowbell, Lynch spiresquire

If you want me to explain this even more then I will, but I think this is sufficient..?

The dude has consistently pointed out problems with me, so I'll do the honors for him. Here's a run down of all the accusations so far, from my perspective:

--I've been missing from the beginning of day 3 and no one had pointed me out till von subbed in. That is not my own fault and this could apply to a number of other players. Pokeguy got the rap for overemotionally excusing himself, and so did I. No difference whatsoever.

--My excuse for not posting isn't very believable, and I was fairly overemotional when explaining myself. It's true, but the person accusing me of this is in wrong place to. The person who accused me subbed into a spot with a player who was all about excuses, and I was willing to believe them.

-- Somehow I'm scum for being an exception to the scrutiny on many issues. I don't really see the validity of this point. Obviously mafia would go out of their way to avoid discussing scumbuddies, but town has neglected to discuss me as well, through no fault of my own. It's impossible for EVERYONE to be my scumbuddy trying to distance themselves away from me, so obviously the town's at fault as well. See, I'd think that this point would be a justification for some suspicion, and not a "he's obviously mafia 100%", which is what people seem to think. And again, I am not the only person to have this issue.

-- I posted a fairly beefy post explaining my reads on people, without making any note of von. I'd have nothing to gain from avoiding him intentionally though, and I was unaware that he subbed in. Can't really say much to this other than you'll just have to take my word for it, though. Which one simply cannot do in this game. ._.

-- It seemed as though all I did this game was post one big post and say "lolnope I'm done". It's true, I only posted one read post, but I did try to help the town in some ways. The person who accused me of this didn't really elaborate on this, but by the way he worded it, it's almost as though he implied that I haven't even attempted to help town after that one post. Now someone could argue that ever since they "caught on to me" suddenly my interest in the game had skyrocketed. Not sure why they didn't bother pointing this out, since I'd think it'd be a scumtell for sure, and one I'd have a hard time defending myself against.

-- There's a person so god damn sure that I'm mafia that if I wasn't lynched the town would lose. Not a real point, and obviously false. It doesn't even justify having one target. <_<

-- And then I didn't vote for starwarsfan. This is an absolute fact. Here's some WIFOM for you, but if I were mafia buddies with starwars, even I'd know that not voting for him would single me out completely. I would try to come up with an excuse to bandwagon him and go out of my way to avoid not being singled out. And I think there's plenty of people who did that last cycle, since there were some obvious bandwagon votes thrown in there. I gave pretty iffy reasoning for this, but at the very least, the fact that I didn't vote for him has been pretty consistent with my voting patterns so far. Meaning putting it under lock and key forever and ever. Now, I don't think I can afford to do this today. We have about two or three lynch targets at the moment, and a split vote is probably just as bad as a mislynch. If we tie at deadline, we don't get to have anyone lynched since we must must must reach majority in LYLO. And no, I'm not taking my vote off Tesung until I get an actual reason to.

-- I'm apparently trying to play dumb this late into the game. Then I'm accused of trying to confuse the town when I clearly stated that it was a minor detail that I didn't think deserved a lot of note, but I did need some kind of clarification. This point just proves that my logic was bad, and I'll admit that much. How it becomes a bus attempt, I'll never now. You guys do realize that if I'm bussing someone at this point, it'd probably be Tesung, right? Most of my focus has been on Tesung today, and that's the person I'm trying to lead a lynch on. The note on Celever was just that--a note. If anything, one could accuse me of bussing Tesung! I sure seem certain that they're covering for each other, and maybe I'd only be so positive if I were mafia myself.

-- I've been "slinging mud" at Tesung, trying to get your role out him. Somehow this makes me autoscum, although I've done nothing but repeat myself over and over again about my own concerns, and only just now voted for him. If I could get an answer outside of "just trust me", I'd probably reconsider. Someone finally shares my sentiment, with a fairly believable claim to boot. He says pretty much everything I've been saying for a while now.

--And lastly, I could be a smart mafia who planted innuendo in the beginning of the game so that I'd have a believable fakeclaim. While I'm pretty flattered that someone would consider me capable of devsing clever ploys like this, I can't really accept this notion as fact for obvious reasons. First of all, if Celever and I are both mafia, then something's a tad off. Why is it that starwarsfan's and Celever's claims seem so uninspired compared to mine? Starwars obviously just came up with his on the spot and Celever...is Celever, but only mine shows to have actual planning behind it. Why is that? I complain about Empoof leaving me with jack shit day one, hint at the role day two, and try to exploit the role day 3. While the rest of the mafia never thought to mimic me at all? starwarsfan could've probably used a claim like this much more than I could back in day 2, where he was under intense fire. But the mafia thought it would be better if I did it? How so? Also, if I told the mafia what I've done, one of them would surely make a point to point it out to the town, but I instead had to do it myself.

And wonder why this role in particular when I could've easily tried to soft a vigilante, a inspection role, or even just a blue? It could be that the talent scout detected a watcher, but that'd make no sense whatsoever. Watchers are certainly much more problematic to the mafia than talent scouts are, and if the mafia caught one, they'd be sure to kill it ASAP, no questions asked. If I softed an inspection role I could easily try to frame someone on MYLO/LYLO and just leave it at that.

Dear spiresquire, you are a Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Townie. Unfortunately for you, you have an awful habit of always being around when crimes are being committed, even though you’re completely innocent. Under inspection, you will appear to be targeting the person who most recently died. Your true alignment will be revealed upon your death. You win if the town eliminates all anti-town factions and players.
Midou

That right there is my role PM. It can be faked, mind you, but this is the one that will show up when I am lynched.

Alright, looks like I'm gonna be spending at least one night in hospital, but at least I have access to my laptop and internet by now. I also want to point out that Tesung's plan is kinda dumb; it's just too mafia-favoured at this point.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
The dude has consistently pointed out problems with me, so I'll do the honors for him. Here's a run down of all the accusations so far, from my perspective:

--I've been missing from the beginning of day 3 and no one had pointed me out till von subbed in. That is not my own fault and this could apply to a number of other players. Pokeguy got the rap for overemotionally excusing himself, and so did I. No difference whatsoever.

--My excuse for not posting isn't very believable, and I was fairly overemotional when explaining myself. It's true, but the person accusing me of this is in wrong place to. The person who accused me subbed into a spot with a player who was all about excuses, and I was willing to believe them.

-- Somehow I'm scum for being an exception to the scrutiny on many issues. I don't really see the validity of this point. Obviously mafia would go out of their way to avoid discussing scumbuddies, but town has neglected to discuss me as well, through no fault of my own. It's impossible for EVERYONE to be my scumbuddy trying to distance themselves away from me, so obviously the town's at fault as well. See, I'd think that this point would be a justification for some suspicion, and not a "he's obviously mafia 100%", which is what people seem to think. And again, I am not the only person to have this issue.

-- I posted a fairly beefy post explaining my reads on people, without making any note of von. I'd have nothing to gain from avoiding him intentionally though, and I was unaware that he subbed in. Can't really say much to this other than you'll just have to take my word for it, though. Which one simply cannot do in this game. ._.

-- It seemed as though all I did this game was post one big post and say "lolnope I'm done". It's true, I only posted one read post, but I did try to help the town in some ways. The person who accused me of this didn't really elaborate on this, but by the way he worded it, it's almost as though he implied that I haven't even attempted to help town after that one post. Now someone could argue that ever since they "caught on to me" suddenly my interest in the game had skyrocketed. Not sure why they didn't bother pointing this out, since I'd think it'd be a scumtell for sure, and one I'd have a hard time defending myself against.

-- There's a person so god damn sure that I'm mafia that if I wasn't lynched the town would lose. Not a real point, and obviously false. It doesn't even justify having one target. <_<

-- And then I didn't vote for starwarsfan. This is an absolute fact. Here's some WIFOM for you, but if I were mafia buddies with starwars, even I'd know that not voting for him would single me out completely. I would try to come up with an excuse to bandwagon him and go out of my way to avoid not being singled out. And I think there's plenty of people who did that last cycle, since there were some obvious bandwagon votes thrown in there. I gave pretty iffy reasoning for this, but at the very least, the fact that I didn't vote for him has been pretty consistent with my voting patterns so far. Meaning putting it under lock and key forever and ever. Now, I don't think I can afford to do this today. We have about two or three lynch targets at the moment, and a split vote is probably just as bad as a mislynch. If we tie at deadline, we don't get to have anyone lynched since we must must must reach majority in LYLO. And no, I'm not taking my vote off Tesung until I get an actual reason to.

-- I'm apparently trying to play dumb this late into the game. Then I'm accused of trying to confuse the town when I clearly stated that it was a minor detail that I didn't think deserved a lot of note, but I did need some kind of clarification. This point just proves that my logic was bad, and I'll admit that much. How it becomes a bus attempt, I'll never now. You guys do realize that if I'm bussing someone at this point, it'd probably be Tesung, right? Most of my focus has been on Tesung today, and that's the person I'm trying to lead a lynch on. The note on Celever was just that--a note. If anything, one could accuse me of bussing Tesung! I sure seem certain that they're covering for each other, and maybe I'd only be so positive if I were mafia myself.

-- I've been "slinging mud" at Tesung, trying to get your role out him. Somehow this makes me autoscum, although I've done nothing but repeat myself over and over again about my own concerns, and only just now voted for him. If I could get an answer outside of "just trust me", I'd probably reconsider. Someone finally shares my sentiment, with a fairly believable claim to boot. He says pretty much everything I've been saying for a while now.

--And lastly, I could be a smart mafia who planted innuendo in the beginning of the game so that I'd have a believable fakeclaim. While I'm pretty flattered that someone would consider me capable of devsing clever ploys like this, I can't really accept this notion as fact for obvious reasons. First of all, if Celever and I are both mafia, then something's a tad off. Why is it that starwarsfan's and Celever's claims seem so uninspired compared to mine? Starwars obviously just came up with his on the spot and Celever...is Celever, but only mine shows to have actual planning behind it. Why is that? I complain about Empoof leaving me with jack shit day one, hint at the role day two, and try to exploit the role day 3. While the rest of the mafia never thought to mimic me at all? starwarsfan could've probably used a claim like this much more than I could back in day 2, where he was under intense fire. But the mafia thought it would be better if I did it? How so? Also, if I told the mafia what I've done, one of them would surely make a point to point it out to the town, but I instead had to do it myself.

And wonder why this role in particular when I could've easily tried to soft a vigilante, a inspection role, or even just a blue? It could be that the talent scout detected a watcher, but that'd make no sense whatsoever. Watchers are certainly much more problematic to the mafia than talent scouts are, and if the mafia caught one, they'd be sure to kill it ASAP, no questions asked. If I softed an inspection role I could easily try to frame someone on MYLO/LYLO and just leave it at that.

Midou

That right there is my role PM. It can be faked, mind you, but this is the one that will show up when I am lynched.
I'll reply to this, as I'm here:

1) Actually I made it a note to call you out on day 3 iirc...
2) Meh. I feel like this argument was honestly just some of von's tunneling on you, since I believed your excuse.
3) I think you misinterpreted something. It's not that people aren't discussing you at all because you weren't posting, it was that you posted plenty and most people failed to talk about you. I would argue that this is indeed flying under the radar, which is a common strategy which mafia do. And they often have a similar excuse to your's when called out on it, actually!

4) Yeah that argument was absolute bullshit. Seriously don't even bring it up, it shouldn't qualify as anything against you lol.
5) My argument at the time was that you made a big impact post, and then you kinda lay low, flying under the radar (there's that scumtell again!) and didn't contribute a whole lot. Idk... It feels like you are more interested in defending yourself than contributing to the town.
6) von obvo inspector duh!!!1!!

7) I'm interested as to who you felt DID just bandwagon yesterday. Anyhow, that defense isn't too bad, but it's not amazing either. I mean, it's very much WIFOM because you not voting for him gives you that paragraph of defense now, and of someone puts forth a good defense it usually steers people away from lynching them based on their worse defenses.
8) What was that note about me? I think I must have missed it lol. I didn't get this point from anyone, so I won't comment any further.
9) It isn't autoscum, however, mafia want that information more than a villager would.

10) Sorry if my claim seems uninspired, it's true. However, that point is really false. Mafia don't plan something as small as an innuendo with team mates - especially if it's only night chat, which is still a very real possibility. That throws that defense out of the window lol.
11) Because claiming something like wrong place at wrong time townie is more believable to the town and is a one-shot role, meaning you could force a lynch on someone who ccs you, theoretically. That's all.

None of you even give a good reason whAt is wrong with my plan just hatin :( this actually looks a lot to me like celevers scum buddies saving him, but if no one else will support me what can I do

I'll reply to this, as I'm here:

1) Actually I made it a note to call you out on day 3 iirc...
2) Meh. I feel like this argument was honestly just some of von's tunneling on you, since I believed your excuse.
3) I think you misinterpreted something. It's not that people aren't discussing you at all because you weren't posting, it was that you posted plenty and most people failed to talk about you. I would argue that this is indeed flying under the radar, which is a common strategy which mafia do. And they often have a similar excuse to your's when called out on it, actually!

4) Yeah that argument was absolute bullshit. Seriously don't even bring it up, it shouldn't qualify as anything against you lol.
5) My argument at the time was that you made a big impact post, and then you kinda lay low, flying under the radar (there's that scumtell again!) and didn't contribute a whole lot. Idk... It feels like you are more interested in defending yourself than contributing to the town.
6) von obvo inspector duh!!!1!!

7) I'm interested as to who you felt DID just bandwagon yesterday. Anyhow, that defense isn't too bad, but it's not amazing either. I mean, it's very much WIFOM because you not voting for him gives you that paragraph of defense now, and of someone puts forth a good defense it usually steers people away from lynching them based on their worse defenses.
8) What was that note about me? I think I must have missed it lol. I didn't get this point from anyone, so I won't comment any further.
9) It isn't autoscum, however, mafia want that information more than a villager would.

10) Sorry if my claim seems uninspired, it's true. However, that point is really false. Mafia don't plan something as small as an innuendo with team mates - especially if it's only night chat, which is still a very real possibility. That throws that defense out of the window lol.
11) Because claiming something like wrong place at wrong time townie is more believable to the town and is a one-shot role, meaning you could force a lynch on someone who ccs you, theoretically. That's all.
1) You did, to be fair. I believe I was your #5 target. And then I became the #2 target somehow because I didn't post at all.

3) I might've, yeah. ._. Somehow I thought that I was such a big target Day 3 (I actually think I meant day 4?) was because I didn't post at all on that particular day, at least to you. I was leaning scum for you on Day 3 and then suddenly a serious lynch target.

5) Was that post really all that big impact? Looking back on it now, about half of it is pointless speculation on a dead argument and the other half was some rather shitty reads. Anyway, right now I actually am more interested in defending myself, considering that I'm on L-2 with two of those votes guaranteed to stay there. You're right though; a lot of my recent posts especially have been nothing but aimless speculation and pretty lame defenses. I do have my targets in mind though, and now that I'm trying to be aggressive for a change, I've been attacked for that as well.

6) lol.

7) A few publically admitted to bandwagoning, like yourself and Ace, while still more voted for him without giving a real justification, at least from where I see it. You're right, though, this is very WIFOM.

8) It's just another statistic question. It's not important in the slightest, and it was a dumb question to ask. Still, someone feels as though they need to use it as a point against me.

9) On LYLO? Would it really matter what roles the mafia kills at this point if they could just win by making a mislynch happen? It's almost clear that we don't really have any real information roles, and protective ones are unlikely. I say that if we have a clear with information, they'd better out it now. But somehow they haven't at this point. Tesung is claiming that Ace's role is important, but doesn't really say why or how. Just "trust me". Now, I'd expect shit like this to happen if he could be a paranoid gun owner, but that's impossible, or else Tesung would be dead. And since Ace does have a power role, he is a potential target for the mafia, even higher than Tesung I'd presume. If he just so happens to have information on him and is killed before that information is released, we'd be in quite a pickle.

10) Are quicktopics not all day? Not sure why I assumed that. Anyway, that's something that I would not know, since this is only my second game of mafia ever. I'm not really trying to attack you with this point, but people have apparently assumed that if you're scum then I have to be because we were both hesitant to lynch the dude. :/

11) The same could be said for your role. And Obbmud's as well, actually. I still don't get how one-shot roles are more believable to the town when it's actually much more likely for a blue to pop up, but I suppose you're right. I've already explained as to why I felt the need to softclaim when I did. If I didn't claim until I was outed by a watcher/tracker, people would most likely go "surrre" and lynch me anyway. And if I claimed right from the get go that I had a miller role, the town would go "surrre" and lynch me then. Also, looking back on Day 1, I saw that when Felony claimed Deputy, guess what? The town went "suure" and lynched him anyway. Was I being too paranoid thinking that no matter what I did, I'd get lynched somehow unless I softclaimed? Is it really that unbelievable that a new player would think these lengths were necessary? Especially after reading this, which I interpreted is "unless you're a pro at this game, you're going to be lynched."

Anyway Tesung, your plan sucks because the maf isn't going to hammer Celever if he's telling the truth. It's just not going to happen, even if I do follow up on my promise on hammering, because I'm not scum. Also for someone who wants to base a lynch on arbitrary statistics, might I remind you that they're not much in your favor either? If we lynch you, there's a 75% percent chance that we hit mafia and only a 25% chance of hitting town and losing. I said this already, but I don't want to base the lynch on stats alone. It certainly does bother me though, and the fact that you're being so touchy with this information makes me think that you're a mafia Scout and not a town Scout.

We would force them to hammer. If we acted quickly, then we could say "more cowbell, hammer celever within 2 hours or we lynch you". Anyways, I guess no one would go along with it. Also , how would it be any more trust earning of me to tell you ace emerald role. I could easily make that up. And lol at me being touchy with the info making me scum. Sorry I don't want to reveal to the mafia ace's role. All the numbers you just said are bullshit btw. God I can't even deal with the amount if retardedness here. Anyways, I don't want to vote spiresquire because I think he is just retarded town maybe, plus he has so many votes on him. I'm staying on celever for now

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol von summarized up the page from my request. I'm a little hesitant to follow von blindly because he's a strong player capable of leading the village to its death, but his reasoning is sound and I think that lynch is our safest bet. lynch spiresquire

Day 5, LYLO Vote Count 5 (STILL UNCHANGED)

Today is LYLO. If the village does not successfully lynch a mafia member or neutral whose win condition conflicts with theirs, they will lose the game. You MUST REACH MAJORITY to lynch.

(8) Committed the original sin
(majority is 5 votes)

1. Ace Emerald (0):
4. Celever (1): Tesung
5. Tesung (1): spiresquire Obbmud99
6. spiresquire (4): vonFiedler More Cowbell Celever Ace Emerald L-1
10. More Cowbell (0): Celever
11. Obbmud99 (0):
12. vonFiedler (0):
15. cxinlee (0):

Not Voting: Obbmud99 cxinlee

Deadline: 10:30 PM EDT (GMT-4) on May 23rd.

Carry on.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Because we have 5 hours left @.@ its time to hammer on someone, if the town can't agree on spirequire we have to decide a new vote now and I mean like RIGHT now. If he's dumb town then he's let the whole team down by acting really scummy and allowing strongman von to target him. I'd rather lose that way than being indecisive because I really don't think we can get a 5 person majority in 5 hours if von is mafia and ss is town.

Game Over!

(8) Committed the original sin
(majority is 5 votes)

Too pissed off at XCOM to do flavor right now, but here's a picture, at least:

spiresquires was lynched. He was:

Dear <USER>, you are a Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Townie. Unfortunately for you, you have an awful habit of always being around when crimes are being committed, even though you’re completely innocent. Under inspection, you will appear to be targeting the person who most recently died. Your true alignment will be revealed upon your death. You win if the town eliminates all anti-town factions and players.

At least that's what they told me vonFiedler said. It may have been something else.

He was:

Dear <USER>, you are a Lyncher. You have a special hatred for Empoof spiresquires; he’s screwed you over all your life, and now you’re going to get payback. Your only goal is to get your target lynched; upon his death you will leave the game either victorious or defeated. You win if Empoof spiresquires is successfully lynched while you are alive, but NOT if he is killed at night or by a day vigilante.
vonFiedler has won Great Idea Mafia!

1. Ace Emerald (0):
4. Celever (1): Tesung
5. Tesung (1): spiresquire Obbmud99
6. spiresquire (4): vonFiedler More Cowbell Celever Ace Emerald Tesung Lynched
10. More Cowbell (0): Celever
11. Obbmud99 (0):
12. vonFiedler (0):
15. cxinlee (0):

Not voting: Obbmud99, cxinlee

And that's all she wrote. Even with a neutral removed from the village, the odds were just too overwhelming for the village to overcome.

Ace Emerald-Village-Town Hider-Endgamed Day 5
Celever-Mafia-Mafia Goon-Won Day 5
Tesung-Village-Town Talent Scout-Endgamed Day 5
spiresquire-Village-Wrong Place at the Wrong Time Townie-Lynched Day 5
More Cowbell-Neutral-Compulsive Nymphomaniac->Lover with Walrein cxinlee-Won Day 5
Obbmud99-Village-Town Mason-Endgamed Day 5
vonFiedler-Neutral-Neutral Lyncher (targeting spiresquire)-Won Day 5
cxinlee-Mafia-Mafia Goon-Won Day 5

The Mafia, vonFiedler, and More Cowbell have won Great Idea Mafia!

Thanks for playing, everyone. Postgame will be up in a week or so after I finish writing it. In the meantime, feel free to discuss, rage, or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)