Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, I have no good ideas this time.

Mega Hitmonchan
Typing: Fighting ----> Fighting/Steel
Abilities: Keen Eye/Iron Fist/Inner Focus ----> Bulletproof
BST: 50/105/79/35/110/76 ----> 50/126/129/45/124/81
New Moves: Meteor Mash

I tried to turn MegaChan into a bulky setup attacker. Steel typing is for the boxing helmet (and various armor pieces) in Mega forme, Meteor Mash as Steel-STAB and obligatory punching move, and Bulletproof because... I really lack ideas.

Mega Weezing
Typing: Poison ----> Poison/Flying
Abilities: Levitate ----> Magic Bounce
BST: 65/90/120/85/70/60 ----> 65/95/130/135/75/90
New Moves: Hurricane, Rapid Spin

With this, the toxic-gas-naval-mine-meteorite-thingy becomes the toxic-gas-naval-mine-planetary-system-thingy. Oh, and a bit of hot-air balloon as well. Anyways, since normal Weezing really lack offensive presence, I decided to buff its Sp.Atk massively, and threw in Hurricane for STAB. Rapid Spin helps remove entry hazards that are already there, while Magic Bounce stops those that are not yet there. Oh, and it screws over status users.

Mega Seaking
Typing: Water ----> Water/Flying
Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Veil/Lightning Rod ----> Motor Drive
BST: 80/92/65/65/80/68 ----> 80/147/75/65/85/98
New Moves: Drill Peck, Work Up

Come on, Seaking's fins are pretty much wings. Thus, Water/Flying. Motor Drive makes no sense by flavor, but Lightning Rod sucks and that immunity to 4x weakness is great. Seaking would work like a normal set-up sweeper, preferrably with the speed boost from Motor Drive.

My apologies for coming completely out of the blue here. I had an idea for Mega Hitmonchan that I wanted to share.

Mega Hitmonchan (Hitmonchanite)
Typing: Fighting --> Fighting
Ability: Keen Eye/Iron Fist/Inner Focus --> Bruiser

Bruiser: Punching moves have a 30% chance to sharply lower the target's Defense.

Stat Changes:
HP: 50 --> 50
ATK: 105 --> 115 (+10)
DEF: 79 --> 119 (+40)
SP. ATK: 35 --> 35
SP. DEF: 110 --> 140 (+30)
SPD: 76 --> 96 (+20)

Movepool Additions: +Shadow Punch

Hitmonchan was always an odd Pokémon to me, not really knowing whether it wanted to be defensive or offensive. Here, I attempt to give it the ability to do both.

The custom ability is a great asset for Mega Hitmonchan that makes many physical walls concerned. With as much chance as a Scald burn, Mega Hitmonchan's punching moves can cause any opposing Pokémon to be very concerned about the next attack. Combining this ability with Bullet Punch, which can take great advantage of the Defense drop and even cause the drop itself, Hitmonchan has a very scary offensive presense.

The increased Defenses complement the newfound offensive threats. Hitmonchan's Sp. Def is further increased to make it more effective with its low HP. Likewise, Defense is increased to a level close to where its original Sp. Def was so that it is no Physical Defensive slouch, either.

Mega Hitmonchan still faces some huge issues, however. While Mega Hitmonchan received increased Defenses, it still has its low HP stat. As such, hard hitting physical attacks such as Talonflame's priority Brave Bird can still cause major trouble for the fist-loving fighter. Also, Hitmonchan does not appreciate Burns at all. Even though dropping the opponent's Defense with Bruiser can help overcome burn, the drop is not guaranteed; with a base attack stat of 115, Mega Hitmonchan would appreciate all the power it can get.

A set I can see working well would be a Bulk Up set, using all its new toys to its advantage:

Hitmonchan @ Hitmonchanite
Ability: Iron Fist --> Bruiser
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Punch / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Thunder Punch has the advantage of hitting Talonflame, and Ice Punch has the advantage of hitting Gliscor. Those two are Pokémon that give Mega Hitmonchan a lot of issues. However, Shadow Punch gives a lot of great Neutral coverage when combined with the rest of the set.

Power-Up Punch is a move to note as well, with a sure-fire rate of increasing your Attack while a good chance to drop the opponent's Defense.

Last edited:

Mega Jynx
Ice / Psychic -----> Ice / Psychic
Oblivious / Forewarn / Dry Skin -----> Technician
65/50/35/115/95/95 -----> 65/75/20/165/120/110
Quiver Dance.

Because my Seaking wasn't half as powerful as some of the others I wanted to make my Jinx extremely powerful. (I'm thinking A+ to A- viability).
So I've given Jynx Quiver Dance because it is a dancer, and with Quiver Dance boosting stats of 165/120/105, Jynx becomes extraordinarily dangerous being able to spam STAB Technician boosted Frost Breathe. For the pokemon that can wall Jynx's Frost Breathe, Jynx has acces to STAB Psyshock for Special walls and Technician boosted Hidden Power to hit whichever Ice resists it wants to. It also obtains this Quiver Dance boost rather easily with access to a fast Lovely Kiss. However this may seem OP as it can sweep an extremely large variety of teams after just one boost Jynx does have it's flaws. Firstly I've decreased it's to 20 meaning practically any physical move with either decent base power or STAB will OHKO this thing. I've also kept it's disgusting defensive typing so that it is weak to Dark typing. This makes it easily Pursuit trapped, and gives it far less chances to come in as many defensive mons can carry a surprise knock off and OHKO Jynx. It also retains it's stealth rock weakness and is OHKO by every physical priority accept Ice Shard after SR. It is also predictable with its only viable set being Lovely Kiss, Quiver Dance, Frost Breath, Psyshock/HP.
So that was a fair few negatives that will likely keep it around 'A' viability but it can still absolutely murder teams that are unprepared with little to no team support.

Voting is now Open for....
Hitmonchan
Weezing
Seaking
Jynx

Please list your top 3 megas in order with the first one getting three votes, the second getting two votes, and the third getting one vote. PM your votes to Peef Rimgar . Please check this post for Submissions. Good luck and may the best mega win.
Submissions past Mew King's Post:
Mega Jynx
Ice / Psychic -----> Ice / Psychic
Oblivious / Forewarn / Dry Skin -----> Technician
65/50/35/115/95/95 -----> 65/75/20/165/120/110
Quiver Dance.

Because my Seaking wasn't half as powerful as some of the others I wanted to make my Jinx extremely powerful. (I'm thinking A+ to A- viability).
So I've given Jynx Quiver Dance because it is a dancer, and with Quiver Dance boosting stats of 165/120/105, Jynx becomes extraordinarily dangerous being able to spam STAB Technician boosted Frost Breathe. For the pokemon that can wall Jynx's Frost Breathe, Jynx has acces to STAB Psyshock for Special walls and Technician boosted Hidden Power to hit whichever Ice resists it wants to. It also obtains this Quiver Dance boost rather easily with access to a fast Lovely Kiss. However this may seem OP as it can sweep an extremely large variety of teams after just one boost Jynx does have it's flaws. Firstly I've decreased it's to 20 meaning practically any physical move with either decent base power or STAB will OHKO this thing. I've also kept it's disgusting defensive typing so that it is weak to Dark typing. This makes it easily Pursuit trapped, and gives it far less chances to come in as many defensive mons can carry a surprise knock off and OHKO Jynx. It also retains it's stealth rock weakness and is OHKO by every physical priority accept Ice Shard after SR. It is also predictable with its only viable set being Lovely Kiss, Quiver Dance, Frost Breath, Psyshock/HP.
So that was a fair few negatives that will likely keep it around 'A' viability but it can still absolutely murder teams that are unprepared with little to no team support.

Bruiser: Punching moves have a 30% chance to sharply lower the target's Defense.

Stat Changes:

Hitmonchan was always an odd Pokémon to me, not really knowing whether it wanted to be defensive or offensive. Here, I attempt to give it the ability to do both.

The custom ability is a great asset for Mega Hitmonchan that makes many physical walls concerned. With as much chance as a Scald burn, Mega Hitmonchan's punching moves can cause any opposing Pokémon to be very concerned about the next attack. Combining this ability with Bullet Punch, which can take great advantage of the Defense drop and even cause the drop itself, Hitmonchan has a very scary offensive presense.

The increased Defenses complement the newfound offensive threats. Hitmonchan's Sp. Def is further increased to make it more effective with its low HP. Likewise, Defense is increased to a level close to where its original Sp. Def was so that it is no Physical Defensive slouch, either.

Mega Hitmonchan still faces some huge issues, however. While Mega Hitmonchan received increased Defenses, it still has its low HP stat. As such, hard hitting physical attacks such as Talonflame's priority Brave Bird can still cause major trouble for the fist-loving fighter. Also, Hitmonchan does not appreciate Burns at all. Even though dropping the opponent's Defense with Bruiser can help overcome burn, the drop is not guaranteed; with a base attack stat of 115, Mega Hitmonchan would appreciate all the power it can get.

A set I can see working well would be a Bulk Up set, using all its new toys to its advantage:

- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

Thunder Punch has the advantage of hitting Talonflame, and Ice Punch has the advantage of hitting Gliscor. Those two are Pokémon that give Mega Hitmonchan a lot of issues. However, Shadow Punch gives a lot of great Neutral coverage when combined with the rest of the set.

Power-Up Punch is a move to note as well, with a sure-fire rate of increasing your Attack while a good chance to drop the opponent's Defense.

Zerobreaker000's Hitmonchan, Weezing and Seaking (didn't fit in hide tag)
Mega Hitmonchan
Typing: Fighting ----> Fighting/Steel
Abilities: Keen Eye/Iron Fist/Inner Focus ----> Bulletproof
BST: 50/105/79/35/110/76 ----> 50/126/129/45/124/81
New Moves: Meteor Mash

I tried to turn MegaChan into a bulky setup attacker. Steel typing is for the boxing helmet (and various armor pieces) in Mega forme, Meteor Mash as Steel-STAB and obligatory punching move, and Bulletproof because... I really lack ideas.

Mega Weezing
Typing: Poison ----> Poison/Flying
Abilities: Levitate ----> Magic Bounce
BST: 65/90/120/85/70/60 ----> 65/95/130/135/75/90
New Moves: Hurricane, Rapid Spin

With this, the toxic-gas-naval-mine-meteorite-thingy becomes the toxic-gas-naval-mine-planetary-system-thingy. Oh, and a bit of hot-air balloon as well. Anyways, since normal Weezing really lack offensive presence, I decided to buff its Sp.Atk massively, and threw in Hurricane for STAB. Rapid Spin helps remove entry hazards that are already there, while Magic Bounce stops those that are not yet there. Oh, and it screws over status users.

Mega Seaking
Typing: Water ----> Water/Flying
Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Veil/Lightning Rod ----> Motor Drive
BST: 80/92/65/65/80/68 ----> 80/147/75/65/85/98
New Moves: Drill Peck, Work Up

Come on, Seaking's fins are pretty much wings. Thus, Water/Flying. Motor Drive makes no sense by flavor, but Lightning Rod sucks and that immunity to 4x weakness is great. Seaking would work like a normal set-up sweeper, preferrably with the speed boost from Motor Drive.

Mega Seaking
Water ---> Water / Bug
80/92/65/65/80/68 ----> 80/132(+40)/75(+10)/65/90(+10)/108(+40)
Ability: Swift Swim / Water Veil / Lightingrod ---> Adaptability
New Moves: Flame Charge

Concept: I tried as hard as I could to make Seaking usable and while Water / Bug may seem a bit off for a fish... STAB Megahorn says otherwise XD. Water / Bug is a very unique offensive and defensive typing. Flame Charge allows Seaking to take out steel types that wall its STAB combo while also boosting its speed. This spread does not mess around 108 speed puts it in a nice offensive speed tier while 132 Attack with Adaptability (it is a salmon a pretty adaptable animal) makes it new STAB Megahorn and Waterfall hit pretty hard. Its not going to be taking the tier by storm, but I think that this Mega Seaking would be a surprisingly usable addition to the tier.

Hitmonchan
Weezing
Seaking
Jynx

This is also the beginning of the Discussion (Not Submission) period for...
Tauros
Ditto
Vaporeon
Jolteon

I'm going to be posting some more final draft megas (hopefully) tommorow afternoon so look out for that!

My apologies for coming completely out of the blue here. I had an idea for Mega Hitmonchan that I wanted to share.

Stat Changes:

- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch

I have one question. Would multi-hit moves (with comet punch in mind) be able to activate the defense drop multiple times?

Basically the only way to have a viable Mega Ditto is to give it (Sp.)Def boosts and/or passive recovery.
Tauros might be interesting with a specially offensive mega (although its power would be limited). For physical sheer forcers body slam would be helpful for a level up/egg move.

can we just skip ditto, he can already copy any mega anyway. Without being able to raise HP, there's literally no reason to bother trying to make a mega.

Also I'm liking the looks of Regenerator on Vaporeon. With dat HP, we would have an outstanding, maybe even incredible, new cleric.

Jolteon... Motor Drive? Quick Feet? Speed Boost? Infiltrator? I dunno, lots of cool options out there in my eyes.

Tauros has a pretty decent special movepool, so upping its SpA in conjunction with keeping Sheer Force could be a possibility (?)

Ditto...is Ditto. Not much we can do there lol.

Vaporeon looks like fun. Not sure what ability works best for it though.

Jolteon will more than likely keep roughly the same stat distrbution, but will need something to distinguish itself from Manetric.

I wouldn't be opposed to Tauros staying with Sheer Force, but Reckless looks like a fun option. Maybe give it Jump Kick. Or something along similar lines.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't be opposed to Tauros staying with Sheer Force, but Reckless looks like a fun option. Maybe give it Jump Kick. Or something along similar lines.
It's a Normal-type, and Normal-types tend to get out-of-place moves, so how about Flare Blitz?

Like this line up! I got my eyes set on Tauros. ಠ_ರೃ

It would be nice to capitalize on that expansive special coverage but his poor Special Attack (40) stat is a letdown as a lot of those extra base stat investments would be allotted there. Good thing though is that Sheer Force helps by acting as an indirect means of upping Tauros's Special firepower so I guess it's best to stay with this ability if one leans to the direction of a Mixed Tauros. And with Work Up being readily available in his movepool, it makes it all the more appealing.

Reckless Tauros sounds as good, arguably better. But that's definitely a +1 for a fitting flavor lol.

As for the Eeveelutions, making them dual-typed is treason so that's out of the equation. Anyways with Vaporeon, I'll probably focus on improving her often overlooked Special prowess and turn her into a powerful tank. Multiscale and Regenerator fits in nicely for this role; it increases Vaporeon's overall bulk and survivability making more room to work with her Special Attack. (Sounds a bit too greedy so I'm looking into Storm Drain as an another option) On the other hand, I don't have much to say about Jolteon. I'm horribly tempted to do a Lightning Rod+Electrify combo though. :x

Finally, Ditto...err...why not just dump all those 100 BS points to HP and be over with it?

Last edited:
can we just skip ditto, he can already copy any mega anyway. Without being able to raise HP, there's literally no reason to bother trying to make a mega.
I agree, there really sin't enough we can do here that will see Ditto getting any usage over other Megas. There are a couple option I can think of but they are both gimmicky.

I think Vaporeon will be fun to work with, for abilities I think a really flavorful one would be a Snow Cloak rain equivalent as Vaporeon becomes invisible in the water.
On a more competitive side, Vaporeon could be a real nice Drizzle user as the dex says it controls water.

We could give Tauros moxie. It would fit the flavor, and as long as we don't buff his offenses too much, it would make him a great sweeper that is still beatable.
What about technician for jolteon? It would give charge beam some actual competitive use and also give it some good coverage in hidden power.
I've got nothing for ditto or vaporeon tho.

Agreeing that Ditto should just be skipped. Ditto's Mega is whatever Mega he copies with Imposter, and with the rule that bumping HP is illegal, it's pointless to even touch Ditto.

The others are 'hmm' territory, but I'll think of something.

Also, making the Eevees duel-types is not treason...

If it's Type/Normal.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon should be discussed together. There isn't much to say about Ditto, so might as well throw in Flareon in this bunch.

Agreeing that Ditto should just be skipped. Ditto's Mega is whatever Mega he copies with Imposter, and with the rule that bumping HP is illegal, it's pointless to even touch Ditto.

The others are 'hmm' territory, but I'll think of something.

Also, making the Eevees duel-types is not treason...

If it's Type/Normal.
Can't believe I forgot about that. @_@

I also vote for no ditto. The best I can come up with is add on to attack since that's what it's crits use even if it is transformed, and that is just lame... Like really lame.

Mm, Ditto will be tough. If it stays in I may give it a crack. That said, the only idea I have seems a tad complicated.

I really want to have a go at Vaporeon and Jolteon, as I love them so much. However, I'm not sure I have anything to do them justice (yet). As mentioned above, Regenerator seems like an okay fit for Vaporeon. The only idea I have for it is an offensive ability, which doesn't suit its stats so well. I guess we'll see how it goes. Speed based abilities really suit Jolteon's flavour. I'm tempted to give it Rough Skin for flavour, but it doesn't seem like an overly beneficial ability.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How about give mega ditto an ability that makes him a mega of the Pokemon he transforms as? Even if it's not a mega.

For example, if the opponent has, say, Mega Garchomp and Scizor. Andd Ditto is left vs. Scizor, then it'll not copy Scizor, but Mega Scizor, with regular's Scizor EV's/moveset but Mega Scizor's stats.

How about give mega ditto an ability that makes him a mega of the Pokemon he transforms as? Even if it's not a mega.

For example, if the opponent has, say, Mega Garchomp and Scizor. Andd Ditto is left vs. Scizor, then it'll not copy Scizor, but Mega Scizor, with regular's Scizor EV's/moveset but Mega Scizor's stats.
Have my children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)