Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go ahead and address this as I see several people saying the Eeveelutions should be similar:

Prioritize the metagame.

As great as having flavourful additions is, we need to prioritize making this into an interesting and diverse metagame. Just don't go against a poke's flavour (for example Flash Fire Forretress). And far as for the eeveelutions, make them however you think will be best and most interesting

Mega-Vaporeon
Type - Water
Ability - Bubble Jet: Increases the priority of water type moves by one.
Stats - 130/75/95/130/120/75 - BST: 625
New moves - Aqua Jet

Play style
While Vaporeon is traditionally used as a defensive staller, it has always had the potential to be a potent special attacker. Vaporeon's new ability, Bubble Jet, offers it the option of bringing both its regular stall, thanks to improved bulk or bulky special offence with the assistance of reliable special priority. Losing water immunity (and the potential for additional healing) only hurts Vaporeon in a small way thanks to impressive special bulk and its preexisting water resistance. Its stalling capability is also built upon by the chance of getting a Scald burn before the foes can hit Vaporeon's lighter physical defence. This set brings in the possibility of stalling out foes with Toxic, healing with Wish and finishing off them off with a priority boosted water move before they can drop Vaporeon's health for their next Pokemon. Brine is a move I'm especially liking for this set.

Aqua Jet is mostly added for flavour, but it may have some small impact on regular Vaporeon. If you feel like messing with Sucker Punch users, priority boosted Aqua Jet is the way to go.

Wet water
With the improvements to Vaporeon's stats, it's hard to get around a dedicated wall set. However, Vaporeon has the burden of favouring either defence or offence. Favouring offence means that powerful attackers can break through Vaporeon's defences; defence, on the other hand can potentially allow for opponents to set up and is vulnerable to Taunt.

Mega-Jolteon
Type - Electric
Ability - Lightning Rod
Stats - 65/80/80/135/110/155 - BST: 625
New moves - Volt Tackle, Extreme Speed

Play style
Mega-Jolteon play rather similarly to regular Jolteon; its fast and specially offensive. All of around average defences more or less enforce this play style. If given the opportunity to set up with Charge Beam, it will be hard to stop. Lightning Rod allows Jolteon to to have an immunity which is all around helpful, as even a resisted hit can hurt without defensive investment; throw in the fact that this gives Jolteon the chance to get one of those special attack boosts it desires so much.

Extreme Speed isn't the most fantastic move on Jolteon, with its at best average physical attack. It simply offers a decently powerful priority move for finishing off Sucker Punchers and the like. Volt Tackle once again is for pure flavour. Jolteon should have Volt Tackle. End of story.

Rubber insulation
Average defences and being more or less forced to play offensively are more or less fall down points when it comes to facing priority users. A shallow move pool that allows bulky ground types to more or less sit on it.

Mega-Tauros
Type - Normal
Ability - Guts
Stats - 75/125/115/50/95/130 - BST: 590
New moves - Head Charge, Megahorn, Horn Leech

Play style
Whenever I've seen Tauros in action, it's brought down by either burns or paralysis. Whenever burned, Tauros generally does nothing; when paralyzed, offensive Pokemon have a steak sandwich. Guts not only relives Tauros of these issues, but turns them into an advantage. Between a solid boost in its attack and the Guts boost Tauros hits like a truck, and with access to Head Charge and Megahorn, it hurts your opponent all the more so. Horn Leech gives Tauros a form of recovery, which once boosted by Guts is a pain to stop.

Steak Sandwich
Without a means of boosting aside from guts, Tauros can still be handled by bulky Pokemon before status is induced. Average defences leave it vulnerable to attack, and while 130 speed is impressive, there are still quite a few Pokemon which can get around it, especially scarfers.

Last edited:
I doubt acestriker is gonna credit the individual creators of the megas considering that information is not on the spread sheet. It's more of a "look what we made as a community!" rather than "look at all these individual megas made by individual people!" If your idea gets 'stolen' and wins, be happy, it means it was good enough to change the outcome of the project.
Yeah, I guess so. Sorry guys, I think I was a little too harsh (I will make mine in the morning and still use my slightly different mega-ditto).

Ditto is so fun to do Megas for XD.

Mega Ditto
Type: Normal --> Normal
Ability: Limber/Imposter --> Hyper Beemz (uses hyper beam upon mega evolution or switch-in)
Stats: 48/48/48/48/48/48-->48/58/68/88/68/58

This is kinda useful for revenge killing also hyper beam please don't actually vote for this.

Warning: incoming -ate abilities.

While keeping stats together may be a bit awkward due to HP, I did wanted to keep some connection between the water/fire/electric trio (so when flareon comes around, I'll submit the fire version.)

Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Water -----> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb / Hydration -----> Hydrate*
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 -----> 130/95/75/130/130/65
*Water version of Pixelate

Unlike its normal form, mega vaporeon is a tank with godly offensive presence only neutered by his abysmal speed and average physical defense. If you want s more gimmicky option, vaporeon is bulky enough to spam trump card, which could net you a check mate 260 BP move (before stab!) late game. The biggest thing here is the stats, 130 SpA is plenty to hurt stuff without an item while the nicely buffed defenses makes Vaporeon very hard to take down.

Mega Jolteon
Typing: Electric -----> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Quick Feet -----> Generate*
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 -----> 65/95/85/150/95/150
*Electric version of Pixelate

If you thought Vaporeon was bad, meet this guy. While still much to frail to tank anything or setup, 150 speed coupled with 150 SpA boosting by a Pixelate clone makes Jolteon the scariest janitor to ever clean up your team. Unfortunately, outside of Hyper Voice, you actually hit weaker than your base form, so things that resist your stab are much more difficult to take down. You'll need to save this guy for late game, once priority and electric immunities are gone.

Mega Ditto
Ability: Limber/Imposter --> Hyper Beemz (uses hyper beam upon mega evolution or switch-in)

This is kinda useful for revenge killing also hyper beam please don't actually vote for this.
Fucking Hyper Beemz xD that name kills me.

Mega Ditto

Truly a work of art, you have my vote

I'm doing my usual one Mega stint just because I'm not the most creative person with this

Jolteon
Typing: Electric ===> Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet ===> Supercharged (Electric Gale Wings)
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 ===> 65/90(+25)/70(+10)/140(+30)/100(+5)160(+30)
Movepool: +Energy Ball

Ok so Jolteon is an interesting one. I decided to go with the Gale Wings clone idea from earlier, and gave it an according stat spread. The typing stays because I see no reason for it not to. Energy Ball looks weird, but it's really quick and energetic and can now break Grounds and run a better Hidden Power.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Tauros

Normal ----> Normal / Psychic
Intimidate / Anger Point / Sheer Force ----> Muscle Mind, Attack and Special Attack are swapped
75 / 100 / 95 / 45 / 70 / 110 (490) ----> 75 / 140 / 105 / 45 / 90 / 140 (590)
New Moves: Hyper Voice and Psyshock

This is probably the most anti-flavorful Mega Tauros submission to ever exist, but I'm still doing this thing. Mega Tauros' special movepool is wasted on 45 Special Attack, and raising it wouldn't help very much without putting excessive focus on it, so I thought I'd make an ability that swaps his Attack with his Special Attack. This greatly changes how players should approach him, since, like Mega Charizard X and Y, mispredicting which stat he attacks with can potentially cost a Pokemon.

Ah fuck it I'll do another

Tauros
Typing: Normal ===> Normal
Ability: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force ===> Brute Force (All moves used by this pokemon are physical)
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 ===> 75/145(+45)/115(+20)/50(+10)/85(+15)/120(+10)

Brute Force allows Tauros to take advantage of its weirdly diverse special movepool, giving it great coverage, although lacking STAB power. The stats are self explanatory. There's really no need or justification for a type change, so I stuck with normal.

Last edited:
Ah fuck it I'll do another

Tauros
Typing: Normal ===> Normal
Ability: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force ===> Brute (All moves used by this pokemon are physical)
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 ===> 75/145(+45)/115(+20)/55(+15)/80(+10)/120(+10)

Brute allows Tauros to take advantage of its weirdly diverse special movepool, giving it great coverage, although lacking STAB power. The stats are self explanatory. There's really no need or justification for a type change, so I stuck with normal.
Brute Force sounds cooler

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Normal > Normal/Ground
Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Sap Sipper
75/100/95/40/70/110 > 75/140/135/40/80/120 (+ 40 Atk/40 Def/10 SpD/10 Spe)
New moves: Horn Leech, Megahorn, Head Smash

New ground typing gives it a stab on Earthquake, which is its most common coverage move, although it adds a weakness to Water and Ice. Sap Sipper affords it many opportunities to switch in, and with a resistance to Stealth Rock, it isn't worn down too much by the switching. Horn Leech gives it a bit of recovery, especially if you predict a Water-type switch in, Megahorn is a powerful move to hit the Grass types it now walls, and Head Smash is more of a flavor move, although it does get good coverage with STAB EQ.

+40 Atk and Def emphasize Tauros' physical nature, while it gets a slight boost to its decent SpD, and a slight Speed boost, allowing it to outspeed a few more Pokemon that threaten normal Tauros.

I wanted to go ahead and give Tauros a shot as well.

Mega Tauros
Typing: Normal --> Normal
Mega Ability: Unaware

Updated Stats:
HP: 75
ATK: 100 --> 140 (+40)
DEF: 95 --> 115 (+20)
SP. ATK: 40
SP. DEF: 70 --> 80 (+10)
SPD: 110 --> 140 (+30)

Movepool Additions: +Flame Charge, +Punishment
Unlike some of the other suggestions that I really like, I wanted to try a suggestion with Unaware. Unaware has always been a more defensive-oriented ability, but I thought it might be interesting to see on an offensive threat that would be too enraged by seeing red to care about stat changes.

By using its offensive capabilities with Unaware, Tauros is happy to ignore attempts to boost Defense through moves such as Bulk Up, Cosmic Power, or Coil. This forces the opponent to need to switch to a capable defensive wall, in which case you can predict the switch and take advantage as necessary. Unaware also has a hidden blessing in negating an opponent's stat boosts, which can allow him to switch into a boosted attacker and revenge kill with a powerful attack.

A common set with this Mega Tauros could be something like the following:

Tauros @ Taurosite
Ability: Intimidate Sheer Force --> Unaware
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Wild Charge / Pursuit / Flame Charge / Substitute

Going onto issues and counters, I can see this Mega Tauros having most of its problems from status effects; Toxic decreases Tauros' survivability, causing its rampaging turns to become even more numbered, Burn cripples Tauros' high ATK and makes it significantly less threatening, and Paralysis stops Tauros from being able to hit quickly and allows it to be defeated easier. Physically defensive Pokémon that can cripple Mega Tauros with any of these will quickly become foes.

Last edited:
An offensive unaware user would be a really cool change of pace, just be careful that people don't end up using it defensively. (Also, intimidate is useless as an ability for the base form, since it's ignored upon mega evolving.)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't care if my idea was stolen, and if it's not, then I'll be the first to submit it:

Ditto

Normal > Normal
Limber / Imposter > Mega Imposter (tranforms into the target's mega evolution rather than base form; keeps same EV spread/moveset but with the mega's stats.)
48/48/48/48/48/48 > 48/68/68/68/68/68 (+20 to everything but HP)
New moves: -

Self-explanatory.

I'll admit I was hoping to win with MegaChan.

Tauros -> Mega Tauros

Typing: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Sap Sipper

75/100/95/40/70/110 > 75/130/115/50/90/130 [+30 Atk; +20 Def; +10 Sp.Atk, +20 Sp.Def, +20 Spd]
New Moves: None

What do cows do most of the day?

Eat grass.

So Sap Sipper gives Tauros the ability to switch in on an immunity that makes sense, while also gaining an attack boost. I don't think Tauros needs much more with both Speed and Attack bumped up to Base 130. Tauros hits like... a bull, even without the Sap Sipper boost.

Not much more to say. Still probobly weaker than Gen 1 Tauros.

Ditto -> Mega Ditto

Abilities: Limber/Imposter -> Regenerator

48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68/68/68/68/68

Doppleganger looks good, until you realize it doesn't work because you actually have to Mega-Evolve, and then you're still manually transforming on your first switch.

Regenerator might work. I don't even know the mechanics concerning Ditto in switching out. But it *might* be better than Imposter?

I may have missed out on Serperior, but I won't miss out on what are arguably my favorite team of Pokemon.

Mega Jolteon
Typing: Remains Pure Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet > Speed Boost
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130: BST 525 ---> 65/85/85/130/115/150: BST 625 (+20 to everything sans HP)
Moves gained: Electric terrain, Spiky Shield

The Eevees embody their type, and the electric type embodies speed, so Jolteon gets the ability that boosts what he's good at. He gets an even stat boost because I think that going above 150 on any stat is a bit too OP. The new moves gained are solely based on its Pokedex entries, which state that it will stick all its fur spikes on end (thus spiky shield) and how it's constantly generating energy (thus electric terrain)

Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Remains Pure Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration > Filter
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65: BST 525 ---> 130/65/120/120/105/85: BST 625 (+60 def +10 SpD +10 SpA +20 Spe)
Moves gained: Bubble Beam, Mist, Recover

Same deal with Jolteon. Water types tend to be more balanced but specialize in bulk. Therefore, his stats basically even out, but he's still relatively slow. Filter works very well flavorwise, as most of Vaporeon's dex entries talk about melting into water, as such, he'd filter out damage to a point. The moves gained are two that he had before, and recover. Just about every bulky water has recover. Now Vaporeon is even more walltacular, at the cost of free switching into water attacks to gain heatlh.

I'll admit I was hoping to win with MegaChan.

Tauros -> Mega Tauros

Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Sap Sipper

75/100/95/40/70/110 > 75/130/115/50/90/130 [+30 Atk; +20 Def; +10 Sp.Atk, +20 Sp.Def, +20 Spd]
New Moves: None

What do cows do most of the day?

Eat grass.

So Sap Sipper gives Tauros the ability to switch in on an immunity that makes sense, while also gaining an attack boost. I don't think Tauros needs much more with both Speed and Attack bumped up to Base 130. Tauros hits like... a bull, even without the Sap Sipper boost.

Not much more to say. Still probobly weaker than Gen 1 Tauros.

Ditto -> Mega Ditto

Abilities: Limber/Imposter -> Regenerator

48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68/68/68/68/68

Doppleganger looks good, until you realize it doesn't work because you actually have to Mega-Evolve, and then you're still manually transforming on your first switch.

Regenerator might work. I don't even know the mechanics concerning Ditto in switching out. But it *might* be better than Imposter?
For your Ditto's ability, Regenerator is a cool idea, but having to manually transform each time you bring it back in would be a pain. As much as I dislike abilities that do two things, this may be an exception I could live with. You just need a name for an ability which combines Imposter and Regenerator; like metamorphosis or something.

Mega Tauros
Typing: Normal ----> Normal/Ground
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force ----> Hustle
BST: 75/100/95/40/70/110 ----> 75/120/130/60/120/85
New Moves: Slack Off

Absolutely nothing special with this one. Think of it as a bulky Diggersby with slightly less power and recovery.

Mega Ditto
Typing: Normal ----> Normal
Abilities: Limber/Imposter ----> Displacer (Swap itself with the pokemon currently on opponent's side; when the opponent receive the Ditto, it will not possess any items, and cannot transform into the pokemon Mega Ditto became.)
BST: 48/48/48/48/48/48 ----> 48/53/53/53/53/88

Best way to mess with people. See a Talonflame in a team weak to both of its STAB? Mega Evolve Ditto and steal that! Not only that, your opponent now got a useless Ditto which can't even transform (unless you switch out, that is).

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that all Eeveelutions should stay pure typings, without any secondary ones, for flavour's sake. We either make them all pure types or all secondary types, and I support the former option.

Anyway, Mega Tauros:

Tauros -> Mega Tauros
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Moxie

75/100/95/40/70/110 (490) > 75/140/95/80/80/120 (590)
.........................................--/+40/--/+40/+10/+10
New Moves: does the bull really need any more than being able to breath ice and fire, summon blizzards and thunderstorms, AND SURF? AND CAUSE EARTHQUAKES?AND HEADBUTT?

Boosted attacks, special defense, and speed a bit. Gave it Moxie (thanks Rosenfeldius for the idea bro sorry if i stole) because its pretty good flavour-wise and competitively, especially with that high speed, new decent 80 SpA that it can break some walls like Gliscor, Lando-T and Ferrothorn/Skarm with, and 140 attack. It's a perfect mixture of wallbreaker and sweeper in one.

edit: I'm kinda tempted by the idea of Protean Tauros..

Tauros
Normal
Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force --> Brute/Brute Force (All special moves become physical)
75/100/95/40/70/110 --> 75/140/115/60/80/120
New Moves: none
This allows Tauros to abuse its wide special movepool consisting of SURF, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and more while
not having to put up with its naturally low special stats. Tauros forces switches with Intimidate and then hits fast and
hard. Not much to say here.

Ditto
Normal
Limber/Imposter (Dittonite is incompatible with Imposter) --> Download
48/48/48/48/48/48 --> 48/48/68/48/68/108
New moves: none
This allows Ditto to use Transform better, though it it won't be able to revenge kill or anything since it lacks speed
boosts. Unfortunately, Download relies a bit on luck, but that's what Ditto is all about. Ditto can also transform faster
if it has already Mega Evolved and has a bit more bulk.

Vaporeon
Water
Hydration/Water Absorb --> Splash Disc (auto-Aqua Ring)
130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/75/80/140/115/85
Splash Disc allows Vaporeon to pass Aqua Ring along with Acid Armor and Sub, and effectively gives it Leftovers as a
standalone Pokemon. It is also equipped with a great 140 Sp. Atk for good bulky offense and higher defenses and speed as
well.

Jolteon
Electric
Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Static Ground (sets Electric Terrain on switch-in for 5 turns)
65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/85/70/130/105/170
Yeah this thing is fast. It should be. Static Ground gives its Electric boost a x2.25 boost (higher than Adaptability) for 5 turns with the extra side effect of not letting anyone go to sleep, effectively giving it a Spore immunity and preventing stuff like Suicune and Milotic to try to RestTalk. SpeedyCat still has a shallow movepool, but Shadow Ball, Signal Beam and Hidden Power provide it with enough coverage to be useful. Just in case anyone is worried, Mega Manectric still has the niche of higher bulk with Intimidate, Flamethrower/Overheat coverage and slightly higher Special Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)