Rate my UU Team

Is this team good.

• Weak

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Strong

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
This team has been working okay, but I still feel like something is missing or there are some Pokemon that are not good enough. If there is any strategy's use guys can tell me I would love to hear it.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Rain Dance

Very Useful Pokemon just because it has the ability Rain Dish and with the move Rain Dance this pokemon is very useful. I can use toxic on other Pokemon's and then use protect to either slowly take down the pokemon or just go with scald because scald in the rain will have the same power of Hydro Pump making tenacruel a beast but I'm not sure if I should keep this Pokemon. Black Sludge goes very nice with tenacruel because it can heal him up every turn and with the ability Rain Dish Tentacruel hp will increase alot every turn.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

One of the biggest Powerhouses in the team just because of its amazing move pool it can learn U-Turn also making it a very useful Pokemon because it can easily switch out if needed to. The rest of the moves are very good and Flygon is a special attacker and physical attacker. I'm quite surprised that it is not banned for UU.

Heliolisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Surf

Usually my lead just because it has Volt Switch, I can use volt switch if it is a pokemon that is strong against Heliolisk and then send something that would help me out to beat that pokemon. Has good speed and can learn a variety of different moves. Because it is a special attacker I gave it the nature Timid.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

Is also one of my Powerhouse in this team just because it has sword dance so it can boost up its attack and then get a big chance of a 1HKO. Also has extreme speed which is nice because if I know there is a pokemon that will out run it I'll use this move. All of its other moves are moves that anybody else would put in their Lucario so there no need to explain that. Life Orb gives its attack even a little bit more boost making Lucario unstoppable.

Mr. Mime @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

Mr. Mime could also be one of my leads just because it has that Baton Pass move wich I could first use Calm Mind and then Use baton pass so It could help out my other pokemons out but I'm not sure If I should keep this Pokemon or not.

Lilligant (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Rock]

This pokemon can become a monster if it has used the move quiver dance quite a couple of times. With sleep powder, using quiver dance will be very easy. It can also easily take down flying type Pokemon with HP Rock.

I have question, I thought that Volcarona is banned from UU last time I checked but then noticed that other People had Volcarona in their team which surprised me.

First of all, you might need to add some lines to your descriptions as they are too short.

Secondly, your team needs a bit of tweaking. You don't have a Mega but you have a Lucario so why not give it a Lucarionite instead?
Also, Heliolisk, Mr. Mime and Lilligant are outclassed by other UU Pokemon so you should replace them. I've got nothing else to say. Good luck with your team.

First of all, you might need to add some lines to your descriptions as they are too short.

Secondly, your team needs a bit of tweaking. You don't have a Mega but you have a Lucario so why not give it a Lucarionite instead?
Also, Heliolisk, Mr. Mime and Lilligant are outclassed by other UU Pokemon so you should replace them. I've got nothing else to say. Good luck with your team.
Lucarionite is banned in UU

To answer your question: Yes, Volcarona is now UU, he dropped after the last re-tiering. I think it would be good to use on this team seeing as it appears superior to Liligant. It's Speed is 100 and Special attack is 135 (not to mention 110 Special Defense). Add that with a +1 from quiver dance and STAB fiery dance + Bug Buzz and you have a force to be reckoned with. I'd recommend using Firey Dance-Bug Buzz-Giga Drain-Quiver Dance and giving it a big root as its item. You could also swap Giga Drain out for Roost and give it a leftovers or life orb for an item.

I'm not a baton pass user, so I don't know how useful Mr. Mime actually is. But looking at him it seems that he can only really help your special attackers. His special attack and defense are good, and he has decent speed, but he lacks the ability to consistently take hits due to his low hp. I would consider switching him out, but with what I'm not sure. Looking at it I realize that you don't have a mega pokemon. I think Mega-Blastoise would fit well, he's the best rapid spinner in the tier plus his ability amplifies the power of aura and pulse moves. I would do this moveset:

Blastoise @Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
Modest/Calm Nature
- Water Pulse/Surf
- Aura Sphere
- Dark/Dragon Pulse
- Rapid Spin

But this would give you two water types on the team. I would switch out Tentacruel for a support mon like umbreon. With this set:

Umbreon Leftovers
Ability: synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
M
Another option if you don't want to switch Tentacruel out would be to just replace Mr. Mime with Umbreon and make Tentacruel a spinner, it's a decent spinner in UU. I would swap out either protect or toxic for rapid spin. You could also consider giving it liquid ooze for an ability and swapping rain dance for rapid spin. Liquid ooze would hinder opponents who used things like giga drain or leech seed on it, but it's up to you.

Personally, I don't like a mixed set on Flygon. It's special attack even when maxed out is only 284 which isn't going to punch too many holes in anyone. If you really want Flygon to be a powerhouse, then make him a full out physical attacker. I'd suggest this set (assuming you keep it scarfed):

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Admant/Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

With this set you can utilize his base 100 Attack stat, if you choose adamant you can more power, jolly you can have more speed. With it's two most powerful physical STAB moves it can punch wholes in non-physical walls and anyone else. Fire punch still gives you the fire coverage you had in fire blast.

Flygon also has access to Roost, so that gives you the power to better do a life orb set

Flygon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

I would choose Jolly in this situation to give you as much speed as possible, life orb powers you up well enough without the nature boost. This set provides more flexibility as you can take time to heal yourself and u-turn out when in a pinch.

So there's a lot of changes listed here and yeah, good luck with your team. Even if you don't use blastoise I still think you should use a mega, so maybe just try some out on your own time.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Make lucario special attacker give it

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)