Xbox,Sony,EA,and Ubisoft @ E3 2014

God fucking damnit, every E3 I have some vacant little hope that they're going to give us a new Banjo Game and they played with me hard twice:

1) Conker popping out of no where for the spark thing
2) The Guy who revived the KI franchise talking about how they were reviving another classic franchise

;_;

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OMG AT SCALEBOUND OMG

KAYMIA WILL DELIVER AGAIN, JUST LIKE HE DID FOR THE WONDERFUL 101 AND BAYONETTA

overall Im pretty satisfied with this conference. hopefully Ubisoft, Sony and Nintnedo deliver too! Don't have my hopes up for EA though...

I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE HALO 5 AND HALO 1-4 IS AWESOME. In all seriousness I was really impressed with that they showed. Although starting with Call of Duty was pretty predictable :P

Also EA's stream starts in half an hour

Last edited by a moderator:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Microsoft's conference highlights:

- WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY
- WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY
- WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY
- new tomb raider
- some new IPs that don't look interesting except for Scalebound or some shit. They have a new IP called Inside made by MES. Phantom Dust, which we have nothing on besides a fancy CG trailer, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting.
- Halo Master Chief collection honestly looked cool. I've never touched a Halo game and I'd love to have this, except i'll probably never buy an xbone.
- The Division, CoD, Forza, and AC:Unity gameplay vids and trailers.
- A stunning montage of their indie titles soon to be released.
- edit: also forgot dragon age and fable legends, which looked pretty cool, especially the former.

Overall I'm happy with what Microsoft offered in their conference. Lots of games, no bullshit. Phil Spencer really knows what he's doing and what we want, Don Mattric completely blew it.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I enjoy how Sims 4 trailer had Unbelievers playing without the lyrics, I guess the topic of hell and rapture wasn't appropriate for a life simulation game. I'd have also loved to hear this:

"I'm not excited, but should I be?"

(this post gave me an excellent avatar idea)

Last edited:
EA's E3 in a nutshell: SPORTS,SPORTS,AND MORE SPORTS!, So yeah The Sims 4, have a taste of Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront. Also Mass Effect 4

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
EA's press conference: Do you like...SPORTS?!?

Otherwise, Microsoft's was pretty conservative, which is what they needed to do. I expect a lot of Occulus Rip(ft) from Sony tonight. We'll find out soon enough!

EDIT: Besides MK and maybe Uncharted 4, Sony really disappointed tonight. Nintendo really shouldn't be in the position to win E3, but it finds itself there right now. Which is cool.

Last edited:
Microsoft's conference highlights:

- WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY
- WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY
- WITCHER 3 GAMEPLAY
- new tomb raider
- some new IPs that don't look interesting except for Scalebound or some shit. They have a new IP called Inside made by MES. Phantom Dust, which we have nothing on besides a fancy CG trailer, and probably a couple more I'm forgetting.
- Halo Master Chief collection honestly looked cool. I've never touched a Halo game and I'd love to have this, except i'll probably never buy an xbone.
- The Division, CoD, Forza, and AC:Unity gameplay vids and trailers.
- A stunning montage of their indie titles soon to be released.
- edit: also forgot dragon age and fable legends, which looked pretty cool, especially the former.

Overall I'm happy with what Microsoft offered in their conference. Lots of games, no bullshit. Phil Spencer really knows what he's doing and what we want, Don Mattric completely blew it.
Phil Spencer is the right guy for Microsoft. Especially after their BS E3 last year

Sony's conference was okay but a little dull, nothing particularly new or exciting

Bloodborne/Project Beast was the only thing close to a big reveal (or would've been, if it wasn't leaked) and the 20 seconds of leaked footage were a lot more interesting than the actual trailer

maybe Nintendo will pick up the slack but probably not

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
E3 so far for me..

The good:
- WITCHER 3
- WITCHER 3
- WITCHER 3
- new Tomb Raider, I liked the previous one a lot, expecting a lot from this one.
- microsoft had a spectacular conference, with only games and no bullshit. thank you phil spencer for walking in the right direction. the games they showed were all pretty cool.
- halo master chief collection was a good decision
- shadow of mordor looked pretty awesome as well
- far cry 4, liked far cry 3 a lot and this one also seems good
- NO MAN'S SKY *JIZZ* AKA EXPLORATION: THE GAME
- i like the new batman, following the "more of the same" route while still looking like a high-quality game, and looks like it has new things
- mortal combat also looked swell

The bad:
- sony's conference was a bit below my expectations.. 20 minutes of nothing but fluff and bullshit
- project beast.. I was so excited for it to be named Beast's Souls and that we would get gameplay but we didn't. we got a cg trailer with the title being Bloodborne. still excited but a bit disappointed.
- probably the entirety of EA's conference lol
- no Uncharted gameplay, sony needed to show that.
- the order 1886 aka the movie: the generic video game
- not much else tbh, I liked what I saw overall.

I was dissapointed tbh. It started off great with games such as Little Big Planet 3,Bloodborne, and Far Cry 4 but after a while they rambled too long on boring shit. I still say the winner is Microsoft. Nintendo's Digital Event is in a few hours but I made a separate thread for Nintendo.

Microsoft and Sony showed about the same amount of games so that was cool, but Sony really fucked up by wasting 30 minutes on stats / tv / life story / blah blah blah. Both conferences were pretty average imo. MS's game lineup wasn't as impressive but the conference was really well paced, while Sony still doesn't know how to properly split up a conference and is a momentum ruiner.

Good on MS though for recovering from last year's fiasco. Borderline inclined to say I preferred MS's conference but LBP3 tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)