Other OU Team Building Competition V2 - Round 2 (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Good job Nog, you managed to push this thing in to UU >.>

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

So I started this with Mega Alakazam (duh). The moveset I use maximizes MAlakazam's coverage, with Encore allowing it to do all kinds of fun things, like lock Bisharp in to Sucker Punch on a revenge kill or prediction, lock slow set-up sweepers like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados into boosting moves (You outspeed, and actually get a reasonable chance to hit a Focus Miss), and annoys stallmons that like switching moves. It's also pretty nice being able to revenge kill a Thundurus that just used HP Ice or Focus Blast without having to worry about paralysis or being OHKOd. The spread's self-explanatory, and I choose Timid over Modest because I'm using this more as a revenge killer, and Modest Alakazam fails to outspeed threats like Timid Keldeo and Timid Gengar pre-Mega (and it's really hard to get this thing to Mega Evolve without revenge killing).

Moving on, I decided to use Weavile as my Pursuit trapper (useful for catching Lati@s and Aegislash, two of the things that beat MAla 1 on 1). Weavile is one of the 3 Pokemon that can Pursuit-trap Aegislash with the right prediction. The other two, Tyranitar and Bisharp, shared Mega Alakazam's problem with bulky Grounds like Landorus-T and Gliscor, but Weavile absolutely destroys them. Encore Mega Alakazam can also allow Weavile in for free, which is pretty scary, as many teams lack switchins to Fighting/Dark/Ice coverage. The EVs speak for themselves.

After deciding this, I realized I needed a way to get up Rocks. I took a page out of FLCL's book and added Sash Garchomp, who is a serious threat to offense due to Garchomp's raw power after a Swords Dance. EVs...yeah, you get it by now.

Thundurus comes next, since I needed a flyspam check. Thundurus has the added benefit of helping keep rocks off the field, since it became apparent at this point that this was going to be a balls-to-the-wall offense team. Leftovers increases longevity, as Talonflame is a serious danger and can still kill it after a little residual damage. The moves are pretty standard; Focus Blast could be used over Thunder Wave, but it's kinda redundant with 2 other mons already running Fighting coverage.

I wanted to be that douschebag and add yet another Sash mon to my team, this time the increasingly-popular Sash Breloom. Sash Breloom gives me a sort of last stand against Talonflame/Mega Pinsir, all while adding a way to beat BellyJet Azu, Bisharp, and Scarf Terrakion, as well as other miscellaneous threats. After playing with this for a while, I decided that Breloom didn't really need Sash to beat what I needed it to, so I've switched it to Life Orb to make the team slightly less reliant on keeping Rocks off the field and give me a guaranteed OHKO on Excadrill leads.

Finally, I took a quick look at the team and noticed I didn't have much for set-up sweeping. Thus, BellyJet Azu joined the fray. BellyJet Azu has amazing synergy with Sash SD Chomp, since Chomp tends to draw in a lot of BD Azu's counters, like Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, and Amoonguss, as teams usually don't pack too much that likes switching in to +2 Garchomp.

Note: This team is extremely aggressive, and verrrrry dependent on leading correctly. You have all the tools to stop any lead; make sure you use them appropriately, and then apply as much pressure as possible. Good luck, and have fun =]​

Last edited:
Good job Nog, you managed to push this thing in to UU >.>

Alakazam (M) @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

So I started this with Mega Alakazam (duh). The moveset I use maximizes MAlakazam's coverage, with Encore allowing it to do all kinds of fun things, like lock Bisharp in to Sucker Punch on a revenge kill or prediction, lock slow set-up sweepers like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados into boosting moves (You outspeed, and actually get a reasonable chance to hit a Focus Miss), and annoys stallmons that like switching moves. It's also pretty nice being able to revenge kill a Thundurus that just used HP Ice or Focus Blast without having to worry about paralysis or being OHKOd. The spread's self-explanatory, and I choose Timid over Modest because I'm using this more as a revenge killer, and Modest Alakazam fails to outspeed threats like Timid Keldeo and Timid Gengar pre-Mega (and it's really hard to get this thing to Mega Evolve without revenge killing).

Moving on, I decided to use Weavile as my Pursuit trapper (useful for catching Lati@s and Aegislash, two of the things that beat MAla 1 on 1). Weavile is one of the 3 Pokemon that can Pursuit-trap Aegislash with the right prediction. The other two, Tyranitar and Bisharp, shared Mega Alakazam's problem with bulky Grounds like Landorus-T and Gliscor, but Weavile absolutely destroys them. Encore Mega Alakazam can also allow Weavile in for free, which is pretty scary, as many teams lack switchins to Fighting/Dark/Ice coverage. The EVs speak for themselves.

After deciding this, I realized I needed a way to get up Rocks. I took a page out of FLCL's book and added Sash Garchomp, who is a serious threat to offense due to Garchomp's raw power after a Swords Dance. EVs...yeah, you get it by now.

Thundurus comes next, since I needed a flyspam check. Thundurus has the added benefit of helping keep rocks off the field, since it became apparent at this point that this was going to be a balls-to-the-wall offense team. Leftovers increases longevity, as Talonflame is a serious danger and can still kill it after a little residual damage. The moves are pretty standard; Focus Blast could be used over Thunder Wave, but it's kinda redundant with 2 other mons already running Fighting coverage.

I wanted to be that douschebag and add yet another Sash mon to my team, this time the increasingly-popular Sash Breloom. Sash Breloom gives me a sort of last stand against Talonflame/Mega Pinsir, all while adding a way to beat BellyJet Azu, Bisharp, and Scarf Terrakion, as well as other miscellaneous threats.

Finally, I took a quick look at the team and noticed I didn't have much for set-up sweeping. Thus, BellyJet Azu joined the fray. BellyJet Azu has amazing synergy with Sash SD Chomp, since Chomp tends to draw in a lot of BD Azu's counters, like Ferrothorn, Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, and Amoonguss, as teams usually don't pack too much that likes switching in to +2 Garchomp.

Note: This team is extremely aggressive, and verrrrry dependent on leading correctly. You have all the tools to stop any lead; make sure you use them appropriately, and then apply as much pressure as possible. Good luck, and have fun =]​

Two Sash Pokemon, and two weak to Stealth Rock with no Rapid Spin / Defog support. Seems legit.

Not like Weavile was surviving any hits to begin with... If you need to clear hazards, probably replace BD Azum with something like Starmie or Lati.

But really, I'm not sure encore is a good move for something with the bulk comparable to an anorexic super model.... Maybe if you added Shadow Ball, Lati and Aegi wouldn't beat Ala 1 on 1 so easily (though Aegi probs still wins, hooray for uber-like stats+Ability).

Here´s my Mega Alakazam Team:

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Sky Drop

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 228 Spd / 252 SAtk / 28 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Well, I started this Mega Alakazam team adding a scoilpede + tyranitar core because this duo can sweep a lot of teams thanks to its amazing synergy and effectiveness, here´s how it works:
Offensive Scolipede is a great pokémon with an amazing ability that makes it almost unstoppable, but flyingspam (mainly Talonflame and Mega Pinsir) is allways there to stop scoli´s sweep. here is where Tyranitar enters the game to beat Talonflame and complement its partener´s typing, tanking fire, flying and psychic moves for Scolipede, who can stand fairy, grass, fighting and bug attacks directed to T-Tar.

With the Scolipede + Tyranitar core in place, I decided to add a Thundurus to get better flyingspam coverage and also a needeed ground type inmunity, with Thundurus in the team I added Excadrill to safely remove Stealth Rock and other hazards from my side of the field and gave it an Air Baloon, switching Tyranitar´s item to Smooth Rock and giving it Stealth Rock to break through Focus Sash and make Scolipede´s job easier. As i am not playing with Deoxys-D hazard stacking, the opponent feels more free to use defog, making Defiant Thundurus a good option for the team (that just needs to have SR up).

I also wanted to have a reliable mon to switch into Bisharp and some other mons, so Keldeo was added (who also can Revenge Kill Landorus).

At this point I looked back to the team and found a large Greninja weakness, so Alakazam´s set needed to cover that. I was stuck here for a time but then decided to go for a Protect set, which lets me scout moves from choiced pokémon and mega evolve for free without taking damage to trace the best ability (fits the team in a very good way). This mon works as a great answer to Greninja (and a great lure to get protean), as its able to outspeed it when running modest and just 168 EVs in spd. I run 228 spd to outspeed Mega Gyarados at +1 and the rest goes into HP.

This team is a bit weird and requires a big bunch of predicions to sweep (as lots of offensive teams do), but well played can be very succesful.

I hope you enjoyed reading through the team, thanks!

Last edited:

Jacks0n

formerly grassycow

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Sky Drop

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Well, I started this Mega Alakazam team adding a scoilpede + tyranitar core because this duo can sweep a lot of teams thanks to its amazing synergy and effectiveness, here´s how it works:
Offensive Scolipede is a great pokémon with an amazing ability that makes it almost unstoppable, but flyingspam (mainly Talonflame and Mega Pinsir) is allways there to stop scoli´s sweep. here is where Tyranitar enters the game to beat Talonflame and complement its partener´s typing, tanking fire, flying and psychic moves for Scolipede, who can stand fairy, grass, fighting and bug attacks directed to T-Tar.

With the Scolipede + Tyranitar core in place, I decided to add a Thundurus to get better flyingspam coverage and also a needeed ground type inmunity, with Thundurus in the team I added Excadrill to safely remove Stealth Rock and other hazards from my side of the field and gave it an Air Baloon, switching Tyranitar´s item to Smooth Rock and giving it Stealth Rock to break through Focus Sash and make Scolipede´s job easier. As i am not playing with Deoxys-D hazard stacking, the opponent feels more free to use defog, making Defiant Thundurus a good option for the team (that just needs to have SR up).

I also wanted to have a reliable mon to switch into Bisharp and some other mons, so Keldeo was added (who also can Revenge Kill Landorus).

At this point I looked back to the team and found a large Greninja weakness, so Alakazam´s set needed to cover that. I was stuck here for a time but then decided to go for a Protect set, which lets me scout moves from choiced pokémon and mega evolve for free without taking damage to trace the best ability (fits the team in a very good way). This mon works as a great answer to Greninja (and a great lure to get protean), as its able to outspeed it when running modest and just 168 EVs in spd. I run 228 spd to outspeed Mega Gyarados at +1 and the rest goes into HP.

This team is a bit weird and requires a big bunch of predicions to sweep (as lots of offensive teams do), but well played can be very succesful.

dude its a great team but psychic > psyshock on mega alakazam. If mega alakazam traces a lando i's sheer force, psychic gets boosted and just wrecks. U already have keldeo to break through chansey and pyshock is more powerful and is a better option plainly because if it traces sheer force against an offencive team, its very close to gg. Also psyshock isn't doing too much more to chansey.

dude its a great team but psychic > psyshock on mega alakazam. If mega alakazam traces a lando i's sheer force, psychic gets boosted and just wrecks. U already have keldeo to break through chansey and pyshock is more powerful and is a better option plainly because if it traces sheer force against an offencive team, its very close to gg. Also psyshock isn't doing too much more to chansey.
Hi, thanks a lot for replying!
Psychic over Psyshock sounds like a really good idea, as it really improves Kazam´s ability to sweep and fits the team in a good way. I´ll use it!

Valentine

Banned deucer.

essentially dice's offensive omicron with minor tweaks to fit the building requirements. since dice's team is known for being weak to stall, i decided to try taunt alakazam to improve the stall matchup. i honestly haven't tested it much at all, but i've already put enough time into this, i'm being forced to post by a fren. you can run mixed thundurus over talon to give you a dedicated stallbreaker that can still check a bunch against offense, but losing flare blitz makes ferrothorn, scizor, all that shit really annoying to deal with (even tho its already annoying). the sets on everything cept loom and exca are pretty adjustable, mess around with whatever you want. i'm just going to give you dice's sets and spreads because lazy. the zam set was stolen from a poster above me, it outspeeds mega gyara at +1. gave ttar enough to outpace ada sharp, ice beam to catch glisc/landot for exca/loom, fire blast for ferro/sharp/maw.. dont really need suit since everything cept loom beats lati 1v1. you can probably just run timid and try dark pulse, or go more physical with EQ/superpower.

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Azumarill (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Last edited:

Importable

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Explanation

So this team is the first I have actually created that uses DeoSharp HO and has been really fun to use, and I manage to get up to 1849 on the OU ladder which is my highest peak as yet! I won't go into the sets in detail, but the basic idea and team building is as follows. Deoxys gets hazards up, Bisharp and Aegislash stop them from being removed and Dragonite Zam and Keldeo punch holes and clean up. Just as a side note, I use a fast Deoxys-D rather than the Bulky set because I just prefer the extra speed over the extra bulk basically.
So the team is obviously built around Mega Alakazam. Firstly, a Pursuit user is almost essential in my opinion, simply because Aegislash is so common and Shadow Ball won't come close to KOing, also the Lati twins can tank a Shadow Ball and hit back hard. Bisharp was the Pokemon of choice because he can pursuit trap Aegislash, not being afraid of King's Shield. Hazards really help Alakazam and Deoxys-D is probably the most reliable setter and forms a nice core with Bisharp and Aegislash, who stops any spinners attempting to remove the hazards. For my final two slots I chose two Pokemon that could clean up well. Choice Band Dragonite was ideal as it could punch huge holes whilst revenge killing with Extremespeed and Scarf Keldeo is a rarer but great Pokemon that catches many off guard. So that completes the team, to sum up it uses the DeoSharp + Aegislash core and three Pokemon that complement each other well to use their high power and speed and priority to get the edge on other teams. This often gives me a good matchup against offense and Alakazam and Bisharp put in some good work against stall too. Obviously this team doesn't use the most original Pokemon but I think it still performs very well in today's metagame.

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Sky Drop

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

hmm first off +1 for using LO Scolipede :] Mega Scizor is annoying af to your team as the only thing that does any kind of damage to it is Keldeo who could get warn down easily if it has to swap in often. Stone Edge is honestly useless on ttar at this point simply because you have Rock Slide on Scolipede and Excadrill. Run Fire Blast over Stone Edge to at least have a way of hitting him, don't have a good EV spread or nature so just mess around with it a bit.

On Keldeo you have no reason to run HP flying when you have a physical Thundurus and an Alakazam to smash Mega Venus. Plus if you place Scald over HP flying you gain a way to cripple Azumarill and Scizor among other physical sweepers.

Wtf is protect doing on a Mega Alakazam ?_? Every slot is valuable so you don't want to waste it on a useless move like that. Try using Taunt for greater stall break, Encore to annoy set up sweepers or even Calm Mind to become one yourself.

Importable

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Explanation

So this team is the first I have actually created that uses DeoSharp HO and has been really fun to use, and I manage to get up to 1849 on the OU ladder which is my highest peak as yet! I won't go into the sets in detail, but the basic idea and team building is as follows. Deoxys gets hazards up, Bisharp and Aegislash stop them from being removed and Dragonite Zam and Keldeo punch holes and clean up. Just as a side note, I use a fast Deoxys-D rather than the Bulky set because I just prefer the extra speed over the extra bulk basically.
So the team is obviously built around Mega Alakazam. Firstly, a Pursuit user is almost essential in my opinion, simply because Aegislash is so common and Shadow Ball won't come close to KOing, also the Lati twins can tank a Shadow Ball and hit back hard. Bisharp was the Pokemon of choice because he can pursuit trap Aegislash, not being afraid of King's Shield. Hazards really help Alakazam and Deoxys-D is probably the most reliable setter and forms a nice core with Bisharp and Aegislash, who stops any spinners attempting to remove the hazards. For my final two slots I chose two Pokemon that could clean up well. Choice Band Dragonite was ideal as it could punch huge holes whilst revenge killing with Extremespeed and Scarf Keldeo is a rarer but great Pokemon that catches many off guard. So that completes the team, to sum up it uses the DeoSharp + Aegislash core and three Pokemon that complement each other well to use their high power and speed and priority to get the edge on other teams. This often gives me a good matchup against offense and Alakazam and Bisharp put in some good work against stall too. Obviously this team doesn't use the most original Pokemon but I think it still performs very well in today's metagame.
Ok pal, your Deoxys set is a bit outdated and not as effective as the current flavor of the month. Just use Stealth Rock / Spikes / Taunt / Superpower with a spread of 252 speed (timid), 28 Attack, and the rest in HP. Bisharp runs through almost all of your team and 28 Atk superpower is a guaranteed OHKO on standard Bisharp. Last thing is that you lack Magic Coat on this set so use a Mental Herb to break through Taunts.

What is your rationale behind Jolly Bisharp? What does it out speed that you don't with Adamant? What (if any) KO's do you miss out on? Honestly I have never found use in sacrificing much needed power for literally no speed.

12 Def on Aegislash is needed to survive max atk Landorus-Therian eq at max HP (pretty sure) if that's what you were going for, BUT you have a balloon so I'm confused as to why you don't have those 4 into attack.

Choice Scarf Keldeo is so damn weak this gen it's unreal. The weather nerf, the rise of priority and the power nerf of Keldeos already scarce move pool makes specs the more appealing choice. Run Choice Specs, Scald, and Icy Wind over Choice Scarf, Surf and HP ice. Icy Wind is 5 less bp than HP ice and lowers speed by a stage. Scald has a chance to burn and is only 10 bp lower and I already said why scarf was sub optimal.

Finally your Dragonite. Banded is really great but is best played to wall break for a set up sweeper with similar checks and counters. In your case you don't have a set up sweeper or a clear win condition so your team is just wall break for everyone else until you win which is unreliable af and can be played around. I suggest you make dnite the DD / Lum Berry set so your team is less matchup reliant and easier to win; this makes the team harder to play as you have to think of when to set up and who you need to KO first but honestly it's not that hard.

hmm first off +1 for using LO Scolipede :] Mega Scizor is annoying af to your team as the only thing that does any kind of damage to it is Keldeo who could get warn down easily if it has to swap in often. Stone Edge is honestly useless on ttar at this point simply because you have Rock Slide on Scolipede and Excadrill. Run Fire Blast over Stone Edge to at least have a way of hitting him, don't have a good EV spread or nature so just mess around with it a bit.

On Keldeo you have no reason to run HP flying when you have a physical Thundurus and an Alakazam to smash Mega Venus. Plus if you place Scald over HP flying you gain a way to cripple Azumarill and Scizor among other physical sweepers.

Wtf is protect doing on a Mega Alakazam ?_? Every slot is valuable so you don't want to waste it on a useless move like that. Try using Taunt for greater stall break, Encore to annoy set up sweepers or even Calm Mind to become one yourself.
Thanks a lot for the rate, Nog! As you said scizor is very hard to take down and my only way to finish it is using Keldeo, so Scald will help a lot.
Stone Edge is a bit redundant in tyranitar, changing the move for FB is also a good idea.
Well I felt the team was weak to Greninja, as it can strike all my team for SE damage (that added to protean and the incredible speed). Against the team Greninja will be usually leading, so I had no time to mega evolve with Kazam and outspeed it (also is a bit faster than timid Alakazam, so that wasn´t an option).
Protect is a really weird choice but helps me to lure, get protean and KO greninja (or make it switch out, but very few pokémon are able to switch into Kazam´s traced ability and good coverage). I think that taking protect out without changing pokémon on the team will make me very weak to the 2nd most common pokémon in the tier.

Thanks a lot for the advice Nog! I think all the EV and stat changes might work well. I basically run speed on everything because I like to outspeed and get the jump on as much as possible, but more power would be pretty nice at the same time, also using spreads and sets that are perhaps not the norm often lets me surprise other players, but objectively I agree that the other spreads are most probably better. My main reason for running scarf on Keldeo is to pick off threats like Zam and Dragonite do, but I agree it is pretty damn weak. I'll try out DD on Dnite, and making the team harder to play is fine, I think I am a pretty good player but I need to improve my team building so a little extra prediction doesn't bother me. I'll definitely try out all the stuff you mentioned, but I also think that the team cannot be too bad as it stands because I am managing to stay at around the high 1700s pretty consistently with the team, but hopefully with the suggestions I can get higher, thanks again:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)