The good, the bad, and the idiotic (1k shoutout post)

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
All right, it's been fucking ages since I said that I would do a 1k post, and here it is. Pretty much just an RMT with shoutouts (and I guess you can call the team pretty good, too) so yeah gaze and despair.

At a glance:

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Deoxys-S is great at being a revenge killer who doesn't need to worry about having a Scarf. In combination with its 95 Special Attack and Life Orb, as well as having a very powerful STAB in Psycho Boost, this thing is basically hell to anything that doesn't have Sucker Punch. Psycho Boost is basically its nuke, just destroying anything that can't resist it or has extensive Special Defense investment. Ice Beam is a good move for the likes of Landorus and Dragonite. Knock Off is obviously there for the utility and the common super effective hits. Superpower can finish off an Eviolite-knocked off Chansey, as well as hitting other Pokemon hard.

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I've always thought that AV Bisharp was just stupid, but that was until I actually used it. It can tank most special hits really well, and isn't scared of anything outside of Fighting or Fire-type moves. This set packs three great Dark STABs, as well as a Steel STAB. Pursuit fucks over Pokemon who try to switch out. Sucker Punch is obviously good priority, and Knock Off is a great STAB that can knock off items.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Just like AV Bisharp, AV Azumarill isn't scared of too many special hits. It can hit many Pokemon incredibly hard with its good movepool. Play Rough is the strongest STAB here, and is really threatening. Waterfall is the less powerful STAB, and Aqua Jet is STAB priority. Superpower hits many Pokemon hard, such as opposing Bisharp and Tyranitar.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SDef
Impish Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake

Mega Charizard X is certainly famous for its amazing Fire/Dragon type coverage and the havoc it creates with Dragon Dance, but I've taken a more defensive approach to it. Dragon Claw is just the normal STAB, and does a lot of damage even without offensive investment. Roost helps regain health. Will-O-Wisp cripples Azumarill and Bisharp, and is very helpful. Earthquake stops this set from being walled by Heatran.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Excadrill is always my premier option for being a Spinner, especially that it isn't scared of Aegislash as a spinblocker. Earthquake is the main STAB that does loads of damage. Rock Slide needs to be used because Excadrill can't learn Stone Edge. Iron Head is the secondary STAB that also does a lot of damage. The Air Balloon allows Excadrill to switch into Ground type moves.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Because Excadrill isn't carrying Stealth Rock, Terrakion does the job for me. He also likes to be a rude ass, and Taunt people. People being Skarmory. Stone Edge and Close Combat are the remaining moves, being the main STABs.

And now what we've been waiting for (because this RMT sucks ass)...

Shoutouts:

AwesomeFennekin Sometimes the stocks are bad and I need help
Darnell Really cool dude here who I became friends with a while ago when I was still adjusting to smogon :]
Blizzardhail My eevee pal. Imo one of the easiest people to start a conversation with around here and is totally just awesome to hang out with.
Captain Amurica I talk a lot with this guy and he apparently needs drastic help with NU and RU, it's just craycray. He's really funny and actually gives a shit about what you say, and is certainly a good friend around here.
Dododoggy This guy may be dead around here for who knows how long, but we used to random battle a lot and that was cool :]
EnerG218 isn't druddigon just fucking op
EyeDentist The birthday guy! He let me into the business a while back, but I can't put the effort he does into wishing people happy birthday EVERY DAY
finncent1 Probably the first guy I ever talked to on smogon, he's a beast at OU and is really fond of stalling me the fuck out
Fleurdyleurse RU THEORYMON LETS GO LETS GO. Really funny person who actually is secretly an FBI agent in disguise.
Genesis7 I think we met in a tournament meant sneak, and he was really funny about how we could be the underdogs. We're good friends now and it's funny making fun of every stupid thing there possibly is
Jacob I like this name kthxbye
KaabiiMachBike he actually posts things on my wall that actually make me laugh. He also for some reason is against Daisy + Mach Bike combo and I think that can be cured with some soul searching.
Minus +100 for the fact that he actually is down to earth, and when people are being fucking stupid he actually stops that. Otherwise he's a really good and funny friend.
RandomSpanishGuy MMA :D
Ranger Mike Hey remember that huge tympole act? That was funny...until you ate him. Otherwise your fun to talk to and you're doing a great job managing scRUb league atm.
Rosenfeldius Out of everyone here, this guy probably has the funniest posts. "I like my Ampharos with some meat on 'em, just like my men" (we're amphy buddies btw)
RotomPoison Duuuuudddee where do I start? You are totally my best friend here around on Smogon and you are awesome to hang out with. It's awesome laddering with you and having that 200 page conversation that we basically have spammed the fuck out of. Not to mention those random wall posts out of nowhere that I understand and make everyone spin their heads at. It's also really fucking awesome that you're a speedrunner and streamer and the only reason I'm starting to get into it is because of you. You stopped Smogon from being a lump of shit for me and I really am very thankful for that.
Sapphire. You got me motivated to continue in C@C after I thought I sucked at it. It's awesome knowing you and it's just awesome knowing that you could do what no one else could on smogon.
Slashari I'm not sure where you went, but you were also a good friend at the beginning of Smogon and it sucks we don't hang a lot.
s_aman We certainly didn't get off to a good start, but with time you were really cool about inviting me to all these mini tours and scRUb league and we still need to get to work on that for the future! :p
TheZokeShipper You're cool to know, it's funny seeing that when there's something as bad as a fucking nuclear bomb blowing up you can still think positive. "Oh yeah...well, we still can survive and that's all that matters!"
Touya Lil' shit :3 You basically are the king of the silly things on the ou ladder thread and it's funny knowing you and what you say. "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHIT?"
Typhlito Also one of my best friends around here. He's my chill dawg and apparently wouldn't have a problem painting a replica of Mona Lisa. Not to mention, he basically can come up with the most relevant images for anything.
Unfixable We had a love story didn't we bb <3 good OU poster around here and IGGY
Ununhexium Funny guy. I remember how enthusiastic you were when you almost got banned, got banned, and got unbanned "You can get a custom title by getting badge or three infractions"
Velits From what I can tell, you're the most enthusiastic about scRUb league out of everyone and that earns you this spot :]

I may have forgot a lot of people, but I rushed through this cause I need to get posting again :p​

The OP is a poor poster who does not know anything about Pokemon and keeps spamming.

Nah. Actually he knows what he is doing and is a pretty good battler and does pretty well in tourneys for such a new player. Cool guy and one of the few people i talk to regularly. :O Congrats for 1k and GL for future. Thanks for the shoutout bruh. :-D
And, AV Bisharp is the best Bisharp.

PS : Change that username. It is fucking stupid when tagging you. :-P

Who the fuck are you and why did you tag me you illiterate shit? Oh yeah you're that kid who should've been COPPA banned, stop ignoring me and stop annoying me. Also you suck at RU and need to quit this site entirely.

RotomPoison Duuuuudddee where do I start? You are totally my best friend here around on Smogon and you are awesome to hang out with. It's awesome laddering with you and having that 200 page conversation that we basically have spammed the fuck out of. Not to mention those random wall posts out of nowhere that I understand and make everyone spin their heads at. It's also really fucking awesome that you're a speedrunner and streamer and the only reason I'm starting to get into it is because of you. You stopped Smogon from being a lump of shit for me and I really am very thankful for that.​
n_n

This was a nice way to finish off a boring day imo. Besides, I spam there 5 times a day just because I'm bored. I look forward to laddering with you for the next suspect test man, it'll be fun now that you can come during the day. As for keeping Smogon from being boring, I have to thank you too because I never would have met any of my friends now.

It's also really fucking awesome that you're a speedrunner and streamer and the only reason I'm starting to get into it is because of you.
Thanks. Speedrunning is really fun, because even if a game is boring you usually have your friends in a call making fun of you the whole time, which is 90% of the point, the other 10% being GIVE ME BACK MY WORLD RECORD YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. It would be great to help you get into it too since streaming with friends is one of the best things you can ever do.

Last edited:

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
So no serious rates yet? ...Yeah I have to get back into rating badly.

OK so this team is bone dry standard (Bisharp and maybe Terrakion aside) so it's going to be pretty solid on its own right. I'm not going to be posting a huge in-depth rate today, but I'll nitpick a bit:

This seems to play a lot like Bulky Offense, with Deo-S as the main guy for revenge killing things (can we ban Deo-S please?) and seems pretty decent, however--what is up with Bisharp? It seems a tad bit redundant to me with Azumaril also being AVest, and Bisharp can't really utilize its special bulk because most of the special hitters (Lati@s aside) are hitting him hard anyway (ZardY, Heatran, Manaphy, Keldeo, etc).)

You see, this concerns me because a good stall team can give your team a run for its money--I'm thinking you can replace Bisharp for something that pressures stall, something like--Life Orb SD Toxicroak. I know you'll miss the steel typing Bisharp brought to the table, but Toxicroak helps alleviate stall issues as well as making use of its Sucker Punch to help break down offensive teams as well. Toxicroak adds extra insurance to both Keldeo and Manaphy, while also surprise smacking Lati@s with Sucker Punch as well.

For some nitpicks: give Deo-S maximum speed investment, if only to speed tie opposing Deo-S (which can come in handy, let me tell you, especially since you carry Knock Off). Unless those 16 attack evs are accomplishing something I am unaware of? Change Excadrill's nature to Adamant, since you need to hit Landorus-I hard (assuming you utilize your balloon perfectly) because it's a huge threat. Also, personally, I haven't had Jolly Excadrill's ability to outspeed a few odd things come in handy often. Charizard needs 136 speed so it can get the jump on +0 Tyranitar, +0 Gyarados, Adamant Toxicroak, Jolly Breloom, and everything below.

I hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)