Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me why Florges is unranked in the above list and is blacklisted? I know that's for bad pokemon, but can someone explain to me why Florges is THAT much worse than Sylveon or another fairy? I don't particularly like Florges so I'm not going to get mad about it, I just want to know. I assume lack of offensive threat?

Can someone explain to me why Florges is unranked in the above list and is blacklisted? I know that's for bad pokemon, but can someone explain to me why Florges is THAT much worse than Sylveon or another fairy? I don't particularly like Florges so I'm not going to get mad about it, I just want to know. I assume lack of offensive threat?
I believe the reason is that Florges is completely outclassed in any role it could serve in OU (mostly by Sylveon), so there's nothing to discuss about Florges specifically.

There is literally nothing that Florges does better than Sylveon. Therefore, there is absolutely no reason to use it over Sylveon.

The only things Florges does, Sylveon does marginally better across the board. They're almost the same in every respect, except Sylveon does it better.

Sylveon has more health, so it takes physical hits better and special hits almost exactly like Florges. They're offensively almost identical. And Sylveon passes better Wishes than Florges.

Florges is faster by 15 speed, but then again... when you're passing Wishes, slower can be better, too.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On top of all that, Sylveons Hyper Voice hits through subs, so thats also a thing.

Zekrenzo

The most common walls are Chansey, Mega Venusaur, Heatran, Quagsire, Skarmory, Gliscor, Mandibuzz, Tyranitar (more of a tank tbh), and Zapdos (I might be missing a few, idr). I'd suggest looking at the OU viability rankings, as they link to the analyses of each.

As for stall breakers, you have Taunt Thundy, CM Lando, Mixed Megachomp, and Gothitelle. Like the walls, I'd suggest looking at their analyses for their most common sets.

Last edited:
Why was Manaphy banned in gen IV? There was no permanent rain in OU (kinda like gen VI), why was it banned?

Also, (this might seem stupid) but have "weaker" arceus forms like Bug, Ice ever been considered for OU? Bug-Arceus seems pretty manageable in OU.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why was Manaphy banned in gen IV? There was no permanent rain in OU (kinda like gen VI), why was it banned?

Also, (this might seem stupid) but have "weaker" arceus forms like Bug, Ice ever been considered for OU? Bug-Arceus seems pretty manageable in OU.
For the first question, Manaphy's Rain Dance/Calm Mind(or Tail Glow)/Rest/Surf set was too much for the metagame, especially considering that back then the metagame wasn't as offensive as it is now, and there were much fewer water immunities/resists.

As for the 2nd question, nope. Arceus as a whole is on the initial banlists on Pokemon, meaning it'll always be banned.

Manaphy was banned because it only had 2 counters at the time: Blissey and Cresselia. Even then Cresselia couldn't touch it and Blissey had to run Thunderbolt or Thunder to do any damage. Tail Glow is an incredibly good move and allowed it to even get past it's biggest counters is Blissey and Cresselia. While it didn't have the biggest movepool it had just the tools it needed in Tail Glow, Surf, Energy Ball, Ice beam and Hydration + Rest. Speaking about Hydration + Rest it was another thing that made Manaphy broken as it could just continue on sleeping while keeping on gaining boosts with Tail Glow or Calm Mind. It was just too much for the metagame to handle which is why it got banned.

As for Arceus even the worser forms like Bug and Ice still have an enormous movepool and incredible stats which is why I think they would never be OU.

Does rain specifically make Thunder never miss (like Feint Attack or Shock Wave), or just give it 100 accuracy instead of its initial 70.

Does rain specifically make Thunder never miss (like Feint Attack or Shock Wave), or just give it 100 accuracy instead of its initial 70.
It's more like Feint Attack and Shock Wave. Before Gen V they were simply 100 accuracy, but they now ignore the effects of evasion and accuracy.

It will never ever miss like Shock Wave and Aura Sphere. I even think it has a chance to hit through Protect.

I got a shiny friend guard one from someone.
What moves/spread should I run?

Max hp/speed or max spatk/speed?

I was thinking
Protect
Sleep Powder
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance/Powder

I got a shiny friend guard one from someone.
What moves/spread should I run?

Max hp/speed or max spatk/speed?

I was thinking
Protect
Sleep Powder
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance/Powder
I'm assuming you mean Vivilion? Yeah, it seems pretty good, but I'd rather run a Compoundeyes one with Hurricane because that's awesome.
But if you're going for a support set, I'd go for HP/Speed, and have Powder over Quiver dance since you have one attack (which even then, could be replaced with somethingn else, I ju/t don't know what XD)

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
I am trying to find a teammate for the last slot on this team: latios, bisharp, gyarados, heatran, and breloom. Does anyone have an idea?

I'm assuming you mean Vivilion? Yeah, it seems pretty good, but I'd rather run a Compoundeyes one with Hurricane because that's awesome.
But if you're going for a support set, I'd go for HP/Speed, and have Powder over Quiver dance since you have one attack (which even then, could be replaced with somethingn else, I ju/t don't know what XD)
Think so?
I guess, wonder when I'll get the chance to use Powder, seeing as I think I have to outspeed.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Powder has priority iirc. But anyway, the only viable Vivillon set should be compound eyes Quiver Dance + Hurricane. If you got another ability, then too bad, probably shouldn't use it. Jkickit

Is there any counters for Mega kangaskan? Im tired of running into that thing, its literally ruining online for me. I dont want to use Blaziken since he is uber but if i have to to neutralize that thing i will. Sick of it. Cheap way of ranking up -_-

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Is there any counters for Mega kangaskan? Im tired of running into that thing, its literally ruining online for me. I dont want to use Blaziken since he is uber but if i have to to neutralize that thing i will. Sick of it. Cheap way of ranking up -_-
Just saying, but Mega Kanga is an uber. Anyway, Sableye is kanga's best counter. Also, anything with Rock Helmet, like Ferrothorn, Aegislash with sub, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)