Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
acestriker19 maybe when you get on next delete any remnant of reservations in the op so that people don't try to
Good idea, done.

I've come to a decision regarding Megas for multiple forms. Other forms will get different Megas provided the forms are distinct enough so wormy and rotom will be getting multiple Megas. This is Megas for All after all and I don't see a reason why not besides "species clause" which honestly isn't compelling enough evidence for the forms to not get Megas both for simplicity and to help the viability of certain forms we will be giving all forms Megas. Speaking of which we need some Wormadam submissions.

Good idea, done.

I've come to a decision regarding Megas for multiple forms. Other forms will get different Megas provided the forms are distinct enough so wormy and rotom will be getting multiple Megas. This is Megas for All after all and I don't see a reason why not besides "species clause" which honestly isn't compelling enough evidence for the forms to not get Megas both for simplicity and to help the viability of certain forms we will be giving all forms Megas. Speaking of which we need some Wormadam submissions.
If no-one else submits for Wormadam I'll make a silly one and win.

Wonder Guard Wormadam has a nice ring to it. Pity it would still suck.

Edit: Putting up serious ones, but I may change them if no-one else submits. Yes, that is a threat.

Last edited:
Italic = Hidden Ability
Underline = Boost
Bold Underline = Biggest Boost

317.gif

Swalot

Type: Poison still
Ability: Liquid Ooze/Stick Hold/Gluttony -----> Simple
Normal Stats: 100/73/83/73/83/55 = 467
Mega Stats: 100/90/91/96/91/99 = 567
New Moves: Recover

Review: His ability makes sense because he's simple looking but that 99 speed stat doesn't make sense but that doesnt matter. He has Simple which goes good with Stockpile because Stockpile will only stack 3 times so normally +3 = max boosts, with Simple the max boost is +6 and you get doubled Def/SpD instead of 1.5x so that makes him a complete wall having Recover. His attacking stat is ok but I decided to make him a tiny bit more fair giving him attack and special attack because leaving out the attack stat would give him more useful stats since Mega Swalot should be a Special attacker due the wide coverage and Recover + Wring Out. Empoleon and Heatran are Pokemon you see a lot due to them being pretty bulky and having Roar so 50% of the time Mega Swalot's amazing but 50% of the time he's screwed.

Don't worry, I used a calculator to make sure ;]

Italic = Hidden Ability
Underline = Boost
Bold Underline = Biggest Boost

View attachment 15473
Swalot

Type: Poison still
Ability: Liquid Ooze/Stick Hold/Gluttony -----> Simple
Normal Stats: 100/73/83/73/83/55 = 467
Mega Stats: 100/90/91/96/91/99 = 567
New Moves: Recover

Review: His ability makes sense because he's simple looking but that 99 speed stat doesn't make sense but that doesnt matter. He has Simple which goes good with Stockpile because Stockpile will only stack 3 times so normally +3 = max boosts, with Simple the max boost is +6 and you get doubled Def/SpD instead of 1.5x so that makes him a complete wall having Recover. His attacking stat is ok but I decided to make him a tiny bit more fair giving him attack and special attack because leaving out the attack stat would give him more useful stats since Mega Swalot should be a Special attacker due the wide coverage and Recover + Wring Out. Empoleon and Heatran are Pokemon you see a lot due to them being pretty bulky and having Roar so 50% of the time Mega Swalot's amazing but 50% of the time he's screwed.

Don't worry, I used a calculator to make sure ;]
And we thought changing the OP would help. Silly us.

... Oh well.

Mega Infernape
Type: Same
Ability: Flurry Fist (Fighting moves gain +1 priority)
Stats: 76/140(+36)/80(+9)/140(+36)/80(+9)/118 (+10)
New Moves: Aura Sphere

Concept: There's not much to say here about the concept. Mega Ape becomes a priority fighter, and unlike Talonflame, can keep pace with ESpeed. The scariest part is knowing whether it's going phys, Spec or mixed and with both priority fight moves for some +2 priority and both +2 boost moves, there's a real threat here!

+2 252+ SpA Infernape Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 468-552 (65.5 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yes, if Blissey comes in, you can kill it with priority. Sadly, it's not flying, which is the best type. As such, a Flash Fire Chandelure will laugh at you unless you carry Shadow Claw which likely won't be boosted.

Still, the sheer versatility is scary on its own. You can, of course, go physical if you desire with Mach Punch, SD, CC and better coverage. You can't get burnt, so go ape!

Mega Rampardos
Type: Same
Ability: Unaware
Stats: 97/175(+10)/100(+35)/65/100(+50)/63 (+5)
New Moves: Slack Off

Concept: Yes, this may seem bizarre, but hear me out! What if Rampardos was still a decently strong attacker... but instead had the unaware powers of Clefable or Quagsire. You're asking why, I take it.

Rampardos just bashes his head against EVERYTHING like a moron Make him stop! With that in mind, this is an interesting niche as a way to dampen the day of setup mons and just smash them with rocks. Slack Off lets the lazy bastard do his job and heals off some Head Smash damage.

That said, even with 97/100/100 defenses, this is a rock typing. I mean yea it has a higher defensive stat spread than both of OU's unawares, but the typing is worse, and so is the item availability. Make of it what you can, but remember, even with items, those two need to set up before they can attempt a kill if they need to try.

Wasn't planning on submitting this slate, but threw this together because something had to be done.

Wormadam-P

Typing: Bug / Grass -----> Bug / Grass
Abilities: Anticipation / Overcoat -----> Compost (Grass-type Water Absorb clone)
BST: 60/59/85/79/105/36 -----> 60/59/115/115/145/30
New Moves: Stockpile, Bug Buzz

Wormadam-S

Typing: Bug / Ground -----> Bug / Ground
Abilities: Anticipation / Overcoat -----> Dirtpile (Ground-type Water Absorb clone)
BST: 60/79/105/59/85/36 -----> 60/115/145/59/115/30

Wormadam-T

Typing: Bug / Steel -----> Bug / Steel
Abilities: Anticipation / Overcoat -----> Scrap Heap (Steel-type Water Absorb clone)
BST: 60/69/95/69/95/36 -----> 60/92/125/92/125/30

Bagworms store things, so they get Stockpile. Competitively, it lets them boost defenses. Bug Buzz so that they aren't left completely screwed STAB-wise on the special side. Each of their abilities revolves around gathering a certain material to replenish health. Rather straightforward.

I wanted to do 'nape but no time. =(

Last edited:
Wasn't planning on submitting this slate, but threw this together because something had to be done.

Wormadam-P

Typing: Bug / Grass -----> Bug / Grass
Abilities: Anticipation / Overcoat -----> Compost (Grass-type Water Absorb clone)
BST: 60/59/85/79/105/36 -----> 60/59/115/115/145/30
New Moves: Stockpile

Wormadam-S

Typing: Bug / Ground -----> Bug / Ground
Abilities: Anticipation / Overcoat -----> Dirtpile (Ground-type Water Absorb clone)
BST: 60/79/105/59/85/36 -----> 60/115/145/59/115/30

Wormadam-T

Typing: Bug / Steel -----> Bug / Steel
Abilities: Anticipation / Overcoat -----> Scrap Heap (Steel-type Water Absorb clone)
BST: 60/69/95/69/95/36 -----> 60/92/125/92/125/30

Bagworms store things, so they get Stockpile. Competitively, it lets them boost defenses. Each of their abilities revolves around gathering a certain material to replenish health. Rather straightforward.

I wanted to do 'nape but no time. =(
I probably should have asked, but which Wormadams are we doing for this slate? I don't know which one is Wormadam-N. I wouldn't mind getting all 3 out of the way.

I like these sets. They may be short, but excellent, as always.

6/21-6/23
Infernape
Ramparados
Wormadam-P
Wormadam-S

6/23-6/25
Wormadam-T
Mothim
Pachirisu
Cherrim

6/25-6/27
Gastrodon
Driftblim
Lopunny
Honchcrow

6/27-6/29
Purugly
Stuntank
Bronzong
Spiritomb

6/29-7/1
Carnivine
Lumineon
Lickilicky
Togekiss

7/1-7/3
Yanmega
Glaceon
Gliscor
Porygon-Z

7/3-7/5
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass

7/5-7/7
Rotom-N
Rotom-H
Rotom-W
Rotom-F

7/7-7/9
Rotom-S
Rotom-C
Uxie
Mespirit

7/9-7/11
Azelf
Heatran
Cresselia
Phione

7/11-7/13
Shaymin
Victini
Emboar
Watchog

So, Infernape, Rampardos, Plant and Sandy Wormadam. Save Trash Wormadam for the next slate, my bad.

6/21-6/23
Infernape
Ramparados
Wormadam-P
Wormadam-S

6/23-6/25
Wormadam-T
Mothim
Pachirisu
Cherrim

6/25-6/27
Gastrodon
Driftblim
Lopunny
Honchcrow

6/27-6/29
Purugly
Stuntank
Bronzong
Spiritomb

6/29-7/1
Carnivine
Lumineon
Lickilicky
Togekiss

7/1-7/3
Yanmega
Glaceon
Gliscor
Porygon-Z

7/3-7/5
Gallade
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass

7/5-7/7
Rotom-N
Rotom-H
Rotom-W
Rotom-F

7/7-7/9
Rotom-S
Rotom-C
Uxie
Mespirit

7/9-7/11
Azelf
Heatran
Cresselia
Phione

7/11-7/13
Shaymin
Victini
Emboar
Watchog

So, Infernape, Rampardos, Plant and Sandy Wormadam. Save Trash Wormadam for the next slate, my bad.
Getting hype for July 9th. PHIONE HYPE

Love this thread! This new metagame idea seems pretty interesting, and I really want to be a part of it. Just looked through the Google Docs spreadsheet, and decided to pick the forgotten Lake Trio. It's about time that they get some credit, and what better way to do so than Mega Evolutions? :D I guess someone would have to do them anyway because we all know they'll be forgotten about in the DPP remakes >.<

~Azelf

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic
Abilities: Levitate -----> Mindsight
BST: 75/125/70/125/70/115 -----> 75/150/65/150/115/125
New Moves: Healing Wish, Psycho Boost

Concept: Upon Mega Evolution, Azelf gains a new ability called Mindsight. This prevents opposing Pokemon to not be able to use status moves while Azelf is in play. This allows Azelf to set up Stealth Rocks, or any other supporting move without ease. It also has base 150 attack and special attack stats to allow Azelf to sweep up if it needs to, however has a hindering base 65 defense stat to attempt at balancing it out. Azelf's new offensive pressure, access to both Explosion and Healing Wish, and Mindsight give it a threatening position in the metagame.

~Mesprit

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Levitate -----> Dark Purge
BST: 80/105/105/105/105/80 -----> 80/125/125/125/125/105
New Moves: Night Daze

Concept: Mesprit is a top threat in RU. Something, isn't it? Levitate really comes in handy with those pesky ground types... Yeah, no. Like Azelf, Mega Mesprit gets an awesome new ability too: Dark Purge. This ability forces half the damage from any attack done to Mega Mesprit back to the user. This gives Megasprit some amazing bulk, minding the 80/125/125 defenses. Along with Dark Purge, Mesprit also gains a secondary Dark typing, and access to Night Daze, a now STAB move. Night Daze hits both opponents hard, and leaves them with lowered special attack stats. With a new STAB, and ability, Megasprit is a tough Pokemon to shut down.

~Uxie

Abilities: Levitate -----> Third Eye
BST: 75/75/130/75/130/95 -----> 75/80/150/100/185/95
New Moves: Mean Look, Lucky Chant

Concept: In the past, Uxie has played a lot of roles varying from a lower tiered Azelf to a Rest Talker set. But no matter what Uxie runs, it's always outclassed by something in the higher tiers. However, that all changes with Uxie's Mega Evolution. Uxie's already defensive stats are boosted up further to 75/150/185, giving it a refreshing new bulk distribution. Even better, Mega Uxie is given the new ability Third Eye. This ability drains HP from opponents each turn, depending on the number of status moves they run. 1/16 is drained for one, 1/12 is drained for two, while 1/8 is drained from two or three status moves. Uxie is also gifted with Mean Look, and Lucky Chant. This locks in opponents to a rather unlucky situation.

Love this thread! This new metagame idea seems pretty interesting, and I really want to be a part of it. Just looked through the Google Docs spreadsheet, and decided to pick the forgotten Lake Trio. It's about time that they get some credit, and what better way to do so than Mega Evolutions? :D I guess someone would have to do them anyway because we all know they'll be forgotten about in the DPP remakes >.<

~Azelf

Abilities: Levitate -----> Mindsight
BST: 75/125/70/125/70/115 -----> 75/150/65/150/115/125
New Moves: Healing Wish, Psycho Boost

Concept: Upon Mega Evolution, Azelf gains a new ability called Mindsight. This prevents opposing Pokemon to not be able to use status moves while Azelf is in play. This allows Azelf to set up Stealth Rocks, or any other supporting move without ease. It also has base 150 attack and special attack stats to allow Azelf to sweep up if it needs to, however has a hindering base 65 defense stat to attempt at balancing it out. Azelf's new offensive pressure, access to both Explosion and Healing Wish, and Mindsight give it a threatening position in the metagame.

~Mesprit

Typing: Psychic -----> Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Levitate -----> Dark Purge
BST: 80/105/105/105/105/80 -----> 80/125/125/125/125/105
New Moves: Night Daze

Concept: Mesprit is a top threat in RU. Something, isn't it? Levitate really comes in handy with those pesky ground types... Yeah, no. Like Azelf, Mega Mesprit gets an awesome new ability too: Dark Purge. This ability forces half the damage from any attack done to Mega Mesprit back to the user. This gives Megasprit some amazing bulk, minding the 80/125/125 defenses. Along with Dark Purge, Mesprit also gains a secondary Dark typing, and access to Night Daze, a now STAB move. Night Daze hits both opponents hard, and leaves them with lowered special attack stats. With a new STAB, and ability, Megasprit is a tough Pokemon to shut down.

~Uxie

Abilities: Levitate -----> Third Eye
BST: 75/75/130/75/130/95 -----> 75/80/150/100/185/95
New Moves: Mean Look, Lucky Chant

Concept: In the past, Uxie has played a lot of roles varying from a lower tiered Azelf to a Rest Talker set. But no matter what Uxie runs, it's always outclassed by something in the higher tiers. However, that all changes with Uxie's Mega Evolution. Uxie's already defensive stats are boosted up further to 75/150/185, giving it a refreshing new bulk distribution. Even better, Mega Uxie is given the new ability Third Eye. This ability drains HP from opponents each turn, depending on the number of status moves they run. 1/16 is drained for one, 1/12 is drained for two, while 1/8 is drained from two or three status moves. Uxie is also gifted with Mean Look, and Lucky Chant. This locks in opponents to a rather unlucky situation.
Because you sound so enthusiastic and put up some really nice sets I'll reign in my usual sarcasm.

We work off of a slate of Pokemon where everyone puts up submissions for those Pokemon and then we vote to pick our favourites. There's usually only four at a time. There's a schedule on the first post, and there's also a post in the thread each time a new slate starts. It works as two day period. Day 1 is discussion and voting. We discuss the slate which has just been presented and vote upon the slate that was submitted the day before. Which brings us to day 2, submissions. This is when you submit your Mega-Evolutions for Pokemon which are in the current slate.

It's a pretty simple rinse and repeat process.

If you wish to participate, we're in the submitting phase for: Infernape, Rampardos, Wormadam-Plant Cloak and Wormadam-Sand Cloak.

Most questions can be answered in the first post.

Best of luck with your submissions!

Type: Rock
Ability: Rock Head
Stats: 97 / 165 / 60 / 65 / 50 / 58 -> 97 / 205 (+40) / 75 (+15) / 65 / 65 (+15) / 88 (+30)
Movepool: Added Flame Charge.

Mega Rampardos is the definition of a glass cannon. It's an amazing wall breaker that hits really, really hard (I can't exaggerate this enough, Head Smash is one of the strongest unboosted attacks in the metagame), and it's faster than most walls. Flame Charge let's it attack while boosting speed, and seems reasonable as it can use flames and charges. It's boost in speed goes along with it's "charging" idea, and my visual design for it would something with a really bulky head but a relatively smaller, sleeker body.

Like most Mega evolutions, it hits a little less harder than LO Rampardos, but I boosted its attack enough to perform the same against all relevant walls. And of course, while LO Rampardos basically lost half it's HP each time it used Head Smash, Mega Rampardos has much more survivability thanks to its ability and speed tier (it's boosted bulk helps it survive a few attacks). It's speed tier might seem a little annoying, but it can run Rock Polish or Flame Charge to rip through pokemon. Rampardos will always take at least one pokemon out, the challenge is to use it well enough that it sweeps the entire team.

Type: Fire / Fighting
Ability: Technician
Stats: 76 / 104 / 71 / 104 / 71 / 108 -> 76 / 144 (+40) / 71 / 144 (+40) / 71 / 128 (+20)
Movepool: Added Air Cutter, Knock Off, Zen Headbutt

Infernape's greatest strength has always been its wide move pool and varied sets, and the additional moves as well as the new ability make it even more unpredictable. It can now run so much different coverage on both the physical and special sides. Its pokedex entries always mention how it has a varied and complex fighting style that uses all of its limbs, so I added Air Cutter (basically the same description-wise as Vacuum Wave), Knock Off and Zen Headbutt. It has a nice speed tier, and while its additional bulk isn't amazingly useful, it has a much boosted offense. Its stats were increased to essentially improve it, but I didn't change its bulk since I would have to change too many points to make it anything meaningful.

Moves boosted by technician: Mach Punch, Flame Wheel (weaker Flare blitz without recoil), Hidden Power, Rock Tomb (slightly weaker Stone Edge with better accuracy and speed decrease), Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Incinerate (Flamethrower that destroys berries), Bulldoze, Power Up Punch, Fake Out, Air Cutter and Vacuum Wave. Its wide coverage and boosting possibilities makes its hard to choose a pokemon to switch in (but 4MSS is evil).

Type: Bug / Grass
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 60 / 59 / 85 / 79 / 105 / 36 -> 60 / 59 / 120 (+35) / 114 (+35) / 145 (+40) / 26 (-10)
Movepool: Added Bug Buzz, Leech Seed, Toxic Spikes.

Bleh. Come in, annoy and support and lay hazards, get out. Decent bulk.

Type: Bug / Ground
Ability: Water Absorb
Stats: 60 / 79 / 105 / 59 / 85 / 36 -> 60 / 114 (+35) / 145 (+40) / 59 / 120 (+35) / 26 (-10)
Movepool: Added Stone Edge, Stockpile, Pain Split.

Blehhh. Being immune to water, now it can hit Fire, Flying and Ice pokemon with Stone Edge. Decent bulk.

Oh wow who would want to use the last two?

Last edited:
Infernape-Mega (Infernapate)

Fire/Fighting -----> Fire/Fighting

Blaze/Iron Fist -----> Rogue (Recoil Damage and Negative Stat drops incurred by the user's move are also replicated onto the opponent)

76/104/71/104/71/108 (534) -----> 76/134/81/134/81/128 (634)

+ Transform + Knock Off

I basically went for broke with this one, because I don't care what you say, it's a f%&#ing FIRE MONKEY. Using Mega Infernape is very easy: Use Close Combat and the opponent also loses Defense and Special Defense; Use Flare Blitz and the opponent also takes recoil; Use Overheat and the opponent also loses Special Attack. Since Infernape is based on Sun Wukong, I decided to give it Transform. It may or may not be such a good idea.

Going with what's in the slate~

Wormadam-Plant

Typing: Bug/Grass --> Bug/Grass
Ability: Anticipation/Overcoat --> Natural Coat
New Moves: Powder, Rapid Spin, Sticky Web
Stats: 60/59/85/79/105/36 --> 60/64(+5)/125(+40)/104(+25)/145(+40)/26(-10)

Wormadam-Sand

Typing: Bug/Ground --> Bug/Ground
Ability: Anticipation/Overcoat --> Natural Cure
New Moves: Powder, Rapid Spin
Stats: 60/79/105/59/85/36 --> 60/104(+25)/145(+40)/64(+5)/125(+40)/26(-10)

- - -

Here's Wormadam-T for the sake of consistency.

Wormadam-Trash

Typing: Bug/Steel --> Bug/Steel
Ability: Anticipation/Overcoat --> Natural Cure
New Moves: Powder, Rapid Spin
Stats: 60/69/95/69/95/36 --> 60/84(+15)/135(+40)/84(+15)/135(+40)/26(-10)

- - -

Hazard and Rapid Spin/Defog support is invaluable for most teams. Here with the addition of these Mega Wormadam forms, they join the rare niche of having both a hazard move and a hazard removal move; a two-in-one! This is great to have if you're saving slots so as not to restrict teambuilding. By itself though, these are nice utility moves to have in general to support the team. (Going into flavor briefly, there's Rapid Spin...I like to think that they can twist their bodies from their antenna and spin)

Anyways, I wanted them to have some form of recovery, increasing survivability to perform their roles more consistently. Giving them reliable recovery seems too generous so I decided to go around this through abilities (not named Regenerator but I'm considering it). I picked Natural Cure; this way they can pull off a NaturalRest as their reliable recovery move. (For flavor background, they can harness the right materials from their surroundings to remove impurities and renew their damaged coats)

Powder seems like an odd choice but it really is just there for the sole benefit of Wormadam-T. It's a unique way to go around their fire weakness without resorting to abilities like Flash Fire and Heatproof. Bear in mind that it requires prediction to work and isn't exactly a necessity in movesets for its rather situational and niche use.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm seeing a lot of people submitting bulky support Pokemon for Wormadam-P and really don't think that's a good idea because he's seriously held back by his atrocious typing

I'm seeing a lot of people submitting bulky support Pokemon for Wormadam-P and really don't think that's a good idea because he's seriously held back by his atrocious typing
True, but with its speed being so terrible I don't see how it's going to avoid taking a hit (without breaking flavour). Its bulk is already solid, with decent increases we can at least try to tank the 2x weaknesses. With attack and speed investment I think we'll be coming up short far more often.

But unless it will have a type change or get a ridiculously good ability like Fur Coat or Huge Power Wormadam will be ass.

Infernape-Mega
Fire / Fighting ---> Fire / Steel
Blaze / Iron Fists ---> Brute Force
76/104/71/104/71/108 ---> 76/154/81/104/81/138
New Moves: Ice Punch, Iron Head

Infernape's now much more powerful (megas get that hind of boost) and much faster, and now brute force makes it go mixed using only one HUGE stat. fire/steel because it gains better defensive typing but it no longer gets close combat/mach ounch stab, letting the non-mega invernape still have use.

Oh yeah, well that changes everything. Both Sand and Trash forms get it, correct?

I'll make adjustments later. Also contemplating to remove either Powder or Rapid Spin. :s
I really like your Wormadams having Powder. It's a lovely solution against Fire types. Rapid Spin is also nice in making them viable. The ability to spin and set hazards is fantastic.

Oh yeah, well that changes everything. Both Sand and Trash forms get it, correct?

I'll make adjustments later. Also contemplating to remove either Powder or Rapid Spin. :s
If you remove Powder but keep Rapid Spin Mega Wormadam Trash is basically a dressed up Forretress. I think you should keep powder for plant and trash at least.

Infernape-Mega
Fire / Fighting ---> Fire / Steel
Blaze / Iron Fists ---> Brute Force
Overheat Spam, basically. Not to mention it gets SD. I made a calc with Overheat as a Physical Move:

+2 252+ Atk Infernape Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 339-400 (80.7 - 95.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)