My IP known for abuse?

Hello. So... I haven't played Pokemon Showdown in a while. Today I wanted to play some NU, but when I launched the website I see a message "Your IP is known for abuse and has been locked. If you're using a proxy, don't". However... I don't use proxy. And I don't think there is any reason to ban me from chat since I haven't insulted anyone or even cursed. Also I don't think anyone other than me plays Pokemon Showdown in my flat... So, what's the problem? Can I get unlocked or something?

IPs are usually dynamic, this means that your IP may have randomly landed on one that we have already banned for a reason that has nothing to do with you. If this is the case you can try to PM one of the staff members and they'll take a look at the ban and why it was given, I'm sure they'll be happy to unban you.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol we

JinLisek: there's quite a few dynamic IPs on the automated banlist because they've been used for spam or as part of a botnet. you can try resetting your router to see if you receive a different IP from your ISP. that's probably the easiest thing to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)