np: XY UU Stage 2 - Light Em Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what is the reasoning behind Limitless' post saying they have found a great, enhanced, supposedly broken strategy but saying nothing about it, other than it contains pink Pokemon, with 0 discussion following it? lol

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
well i took limitless' post in a joking way as a reference to his infamous use of pink cores lol. I'm not saying ppl can't joke around in this thread, because that'd be dumb, but it kind of got to a point where it was overtaking this thread. Having a joking post every now and then is totally fine, but it gets a bit excessive when it derails the thread is all I'm saying.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
the vote hasn't quite ended but staraptor got its fifth and sixth BL vote last night, so the rest of the votes don't make any difference.

staraptor is now BL for a third generation in a row. next suspect is: torndaus-t. I'm aware there's quite a few things that are "less broken" but people keep asking me why tornadus is so far down the list when it hits nowhere near as hard as these other guys. well, you're about to find out.

hopefully i'm wrong though because tornadus is my favorite mon to use :]

Hmm...

Not sure how I feel about Torn-T returning. While both Mega-Amph and Mega-Aero are good decent checks to the hard as hell to kill bird, we have lost zapdos which was probably its best check. I'm expecting a surge in usage of both those mega's as well as a rise in rain teams (because who doesn't love 100% accurate hurricane? ...those who are having their teams hit by it of course!). The fact it takes a bit more than SR to get Torn-T into priority range is something I'm not huge about either (Banded Entei's E-speed cannot OHKO after rocks, even if Torn-T is hasty for reference).

I'm fine with raptor gone.

I'm going to predict Torn-T gets banned again. Knock off spam, hurricane and U-turn + regen abuse is going to wear out the patience of players very quickly.

Also, much as I shouldn't do this, INB4 someone tries to go against Murphy's Law and defends hurricane's accuracy as an acceptable reason for keeping the bird unbanned.

Tornadus-T lacks strong answers barring aerodactyl because a combination of knock off+uturn+regenerator+flying stab allows it to cripple and outlive pretty much everything that doesnt ouright loses to it 1vs1, not sure if it will last in the tier but we'll see, maybe the tier could be more hostile to it at this point. Regardless, people claiming that it wasnt broken because it doesnt ''hit hard'' clearly have never faced a good player using it (or at all) when it was still in the tier, theres more to being broken than just power.

Tornadus-T is a butt, it really is. The AV set gives it some bulk, and it can just spam Knock Off and U-turn out while Regenerator heals it up. Air Slash can also be spammed for some Flinch-hax. Focus Miss can be used to deal with Mega Aggron, Superpower can be used to deal with Blissey. 100/110 offenses aren't bad at all, but the real selling point is it's base 121 speed, which is faster than even Alakazam, one of the best sweepers/cleaners in the current meta (and Alakazam doesn't appreciate a KO or U-turn to the face). Most of it's would-be counters can't outspeed it (barring Aerodactyl). It's not just KO + U-turn spam. It's fast KO + U-turn spam. It's not fun to face, it makes me feel dirty when I use it. Plz ban.

Last edited:
Without Mega-Manetric being a great offensive check, I suspect that the usage of Mega-Ampharous will rise.

Things like SD Virizion, which could break down slowbro/blissey cores, will not perish at tornadus-t ;-;

Idk about anyone else, but I remember the vest tornadus being a great offensive pivot to many fast and frail special threats, such as Roserade and Mega-houndoom. Especially since Torn-T has such a good physical move pool, with acrobatics, knock off, superpower, and u-turn.

The Special set is meh because focus miss, hurricane miss, air slash is ass, and heat wave doesn't really hit anything other than Metagross and Jirachi.

The power resides in the mixed set tbh. Knock Off or Heat Wave / U-turn / Superpower / Hurricane. AV/LO. Something like 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252+ Spe. Just enough to 2HKO Gligar with Hurricane.

From top of my head I can only think of the following pokemon that can stop it: Mega Amph, Mega Aero, and Florges. It should fucking go.

tbh, all I can say right now is that Mega Aero is god, it checks everything.

God, Koko is literally hitler for deleting my message.

Lemme try again, though. Torn-T's scariest set is far and away the itemless physical set, Taunt optional. There are less than a handful of Pokemon faster than it to catch it before it U-turns out (regaining a third of its health on the way out to a counter), Flying STAB is probably the best STAB in the game (we just booted Staraptor, didn't we?), and it's so goddamn bulky. As soon as I get home I'll edit it in to my message and you guys can try it out and see just how much of a terror it is.

Tornadus-T
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt / Superpower

Last edited:
Outside of stats and Regen, TornT also has an expansive movepool that gives it insane versatility. That Blastoise coming in to absorb the Knock Off? Donked by Grass Knot. Aggron? Try taking Heat Wave or Focus Blast instead. Aromatisse? Meet Sludge Wave. I have even used Icy Wind to check the Dragons in the Beta era to a certain degree of success. While it is impossible to fit all of the moves, it can always U-turn out to an appriopiate answer meaning you can tailor Torn's moves to your team's needs.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
you're a little late to the party
You're a council member who mentioned gothorita which is why I'm replying to you specifically but to he whole community can we please ban or suspect gothorita? If gothitelle was broken because it could almost invariably remove walls such as slowbro and florges and hippowdon every game well guess what gothitelle can too.

I believe uu should address this as soon as possible so I can safely use my stall teams again and to be consistent with the ideas of banning gothitelle in the first place.

For the record both specs and cm rest goth are useable although I'm leaning towards specs to be more useful generally since it is just fast enough to kill suicines and therefore most walls.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You're a council member who mentioned gothorita which is why I'm replying to you specifically but to he whole community can we please ban or suspect gothorita? If gothitelle was broken because it could almost invariably remove walls such as slowbro and florges and hippowdon every game well guess what gothitelle can too.

I believe uu should address this as soon as possible so I can safely use my stall teams again and to be consistent with the ideas of banning gothitelle in the first place.

For the record both specs and cm rest goth are useable although I'm leaning towards specs to be more useful generally since it is just fast enough to kill suicines and therefore most walls.
We're banning Shadow Tag after the Torn-T vote. I don't know why Koko is waiting so long though.

Shed shell all the florgess's

#trapmetafites http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-135268242 (I'm bad at this game)

Torn-T is pretty stupid.... very easy to use and it forces people to run either phys def Amphy or bulky Mega Aero. You can try RK, but that won't work.

kokoloko how long do you expect this test to last?
special request for end of weekend plz?

Anyway, Torn-T is a godly pivot and pretty much glues very well to any team. It just feels so anti-meta. Stomachs Fighting attacks, faster than 95% of the UU meta. idk what im saying anymore im tired as fuck, but every point about torn-t has been made earlier.

btw for all of you people out ther looking for a good time, use Tornadus-T on a rain team. everyone that you'll play against will hate you forever. clicks nicely with common rain sweepers like Kabutops (stomachs fighting attacks like a boss) and 100% candycanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)